(PP-F1) And Now, Some Random Adventurings (evac)

I'm out of ideas

for interesting quotes.

Please forgive me,

here's a free taco to make up for it.

- Me

She spit out a mouthful of grass with a growl, looking up. The evil thing was hovering right above her tauntingly.

"Why do I still even have you around?" Ayumu groaned at the phoenix, "all you do is cause me trouble!" For some reason, Philomena had decided to steal the red head's sandwich that she had just bought in the Town of Beginnings. She had been chasing the darned thing for a minute already, but to no avail. The fact that the familiar didn't have any supports wasn't the only annoying thing...the fire bird had a character and mind all of it's own. Getting up and brushing herself off, as she had tripped on a large tree root, the girl sighed,

"Look, I'm not chasing you anymore. You can have it. I'll just have some bread for lunch." she said glumly, opening her menu and inventory. The phoenix clearly understood these signs of defeat, and greedily gobbled up the sandwich. Flapping over and landing on Ayumu's head, it pridefully puffed out it's chest, gloating it's victory. She just rolled her eyes, trying to shake the familiar off of her head.

(OOC: sorry opening post is rather short. :<)

From his position of leaning against the tree, He coukd hear her and see the pheonix. "If its that much of a problem, you can have this one!" I said with a smile and came around the trunk and met face to face with her.    A red head. Havent seen one of those in a while. I offered a sandwhich that I got from a store a few minutes ago. I looked at her and said "Im Evac, this is Nix. Is she yours? The pheonix I mean." Nix was behind me staring at the pheonix. I looked back at the girl. "Are you okay, I heard a fall." I said with a concerbed face.

"Eh?" She looked up at the strange person who had just randomly approached her, "no, I'm good, as much of a trouble as she is," then shaking her head as he offered her a sandwich, "nah, you keep it. I've already eaten some bread out of my inventory. And I'm fine - nothing too disastrous about just tripping." Realizing she didn't recognize the person, Ayumu narrowed her eyes and asked, "so, uh...who are you, exactly?" Her eyes wandered over to his red-panda familar. While she didn't show any physical evidence of her amusement, she chuckled internally. It was pretty cute, but looks could be deceiving. Her phoenix was staring at it with a look that read, "I will eat your friggin' soul if you get to close." In order to keep either one of the familiars from diving at each other, she kept a close eye on Philomena.

I sat down against the tree and said "He is Nix, Im Evac. Were pretty chilled most of the time. Are you sure ya dont want a sandwich whoever you are?" The pheonix looked like well, a pheonix.I looked at Nix and saw that he was on his back looking at the hovering bird. It was beautifull. He was sticking his paws out to the side and *flapping* them. "Nice try Nix, but bud, I dont think itll work." 

• 2 weeks later...

"Nice to meet you," she gave him a nod of acknowledgement, "and I'm Ayumu, by the way, and my phoenix is Philomena." As Nix, his familar was goofing around, she couldn't help but laugh a little.

"What floor did you find your familar on? I haven't seen any red pandas on the ones I've been to. I think its pretty cool that you found one," she asked, "as for Philomena, I had to go aaaaall the way to floor nine! Risky, I know...I would've been a goner if I failed the taming, since I'm only at a low level. The things we do for these guys..." she smoothed out her familar's wings, "she doesn't even have any buffs or supports, but oh well. She makes for a good companion, and that's enough for me. Maybe I'll take the quest again and try taming another, and perhaps get one with supports." Ayumu shrugged

"A floor that meant sudden death for a level one. Just kidding, three. Floor three. He was pretty hard to find, but I wouldnt have it any other way. And yes, we do alot more than we probably should for them." I looked at philomena and thought wow, tgey were quite the couple. "By any chance did you want her because pheonixes are almost as fiery as, uhh, heh no offense but most redheads?" I smiled as I tensed ready to be slapped.

She smirked and chuckled at his latter comment. He looked rather nervous after saying that, as if bracing himself for some kind of retaliation.

"No, no," she shook her head, still chuckling, "I suppose one might think so, applying the cliche norms and all. Phoenixes are just my favorite mythological creature, that's all. I thought I might as well take advantage of this being a fantasy game and tame one as my familiar. She really shrunk in size of course, after taming her, but its still really cool to just be carrying a mythical bird on my shoulder." 

Philomena hopped down from her shoulder as she said this, landing on the grassy ground. Staring at Nix curiously and suspiciously, pondered on whether to approach the red panda or not. Ayumu frowned a little, sitting up a bit more.

"Don't be a butt-head Philomena. No scratching."

I was a little suprised she didnt find offense in my sentence. I smiled and said "Nix likes feathery animals. She is beautifull by the way." Nix approached Philomena and dove onto the ground sticking his face almost entirely into the ground, but still kept the birdlike animal in his view. "And dont worry, Nix'll just take it if the lady does scratch. But please dont feel bad if she does Ayumu." I finished off with a chuckle.