(PP-F4) Watch Me Whip <<Avalanche>> (Manta) COMPLETE

Davros smiled, patting the coiled whip at his side. It had certainly been an extremely long time since he had done anything like this. He had visited one of the higher floors and almost been scared witless by the sheer power of the monsters there. Still, he had decided that even if he wasnt going to be a frontliner that he could still become moderately strong and have some fun while doing it. He leaned against a building near the exit to Snowfrost Town, waiting for his old friend Manta to show up to do this quest with him. In no time he would be extremely powerful.

Edited by Davros Syb'Aoth

Manta walked up to the exit to Snowfrost town looking for Davros. It had certainly been a long time, almost since the beginning of this death game. She couldn't wait to see how much stronger he'd become. After all, he had been so determined, much more so than her. And just look at what she'd done! She smiled at the thought as she approached him. She glanced him over. Not one piece of equipment but a starter whip. Maybe he hadn't been as determined as she had thought.

Manta didn't seem too impressed by his lack of equipment. Maybe she hadnt realized that he had quit quite a while ago, and just wanted to be able to make a living for himself in this world, preferably as a dungeon finder. He would need to get a lot of skill points though, so he would need to rely on people like Manta to get him through the quests that he couldnt do, as he was focusing on non combat skills. 

Manta walked up next to Davros and didn't say anything, just looking him up and down. Yeah. That was definitely a starter whip, and she couldn't see any other gear on him. He looked to have most definitely quit. She didn't like that, but she wouldn't judge him for it. Still, she questioned why he wanted to do a quest with her if he had truly given up. "What is your goal?" She asked slowly.

He looked her up and down back, wondering what sort of thoughts were going through her head. She looked like she had certainly been working hard, with her all perfect equipment. She then spoke up. Davros answered her back truthfully. "Im not a fighter, but I want to help out and make a living. Im trying to be a dungeon hunter. Ill find the dungeons for others and they can clear them and ill get a cut of the rewards."

He was starting to sound like Ebony, except without the whole wanting to manipulate everyone he met part. She smiled kindly. Fighting on the front lines was definitely not for everyone, and she felt a lot better now that she understood him a little better. "All right, sounds good to me. Ill be needing your services once your good enough." She said with a smiled, unsheathing her rapier in preparation to defeat the quest boss.

Davros nodded, glad that Manta had understood his decision. He unsheathed his own whip in response to Manta unsheathing her rapier. "I guess we should get going then. Judging by your equipment you can probably one shot that thing easily." He encouraged her before starting to walk out into the safe zone, walking ahead and leading the way even though he had no idea where he was going. Hopefully Manta would pick up on that and walk up ahead of him and lead the way herself.

While it was true that she could one shot the Avalanche easily, it wasn't only because of her equipment. Of course, her equipment played a part in it, but it was mostly the sword skills that made the difference. She quickly noticed that Davros was leading them in the wrong way, so she sped up her walking and started to lead him in the correct direction. "Hopefully this wont take too long."

Davros smiled as Manta walked ahead of him and veered off to the right. She definately knew where she was going, and had likely taken this quest multiple times and knew the bosses exact spawn point. He cracked his whip absentmindedly. He was pretty terrible with it, all of his skills going into search and detect. He should probably invest in some sword arts, but he didnt really want to be a fighter.

Manta sighed, moving into the bosses spawn point. The large ice elemental blasted up out of the snow, sending a wave of snow up all around him. Manta flicked her rapier to the side, the darkened blade glowing red as she charged in, activating over radiation and going to town on the boss, overkilling it. "Well, that's that. Anything else you'd like to do?" She asked politely, sheathing her sword.

ID# 41596 results:

Battle: 6 Hit! (195 DMG)

Manta: 125/125 EN: 17/30

Avalanche: -95/100 (-195) DEADED

Davros stared as the boss blasted up out of the snow. How was Manta supposed to deal with something like that? Why was he worrying about her, ow was he supposed to deal with something like that? He glanced over at Manta who let out a bored sigh before blasting forwards and decimating the boss with ease. When had she gotten so strong? So this was what it took to be a frontliner.

Manta raised a hand up, waving it in front of Davros's face. He looked to be in some sort of state of shock. "Hello? Anyone home?" She queried, continuing to wave a hand in front of his face. She had no idea what was wrong with him. Had the avalanche had some sort of status effect that she didn't know about? That was absurd, surely someone would have heard about that by now.

Dav snapped out of it a few moments later. "I dont have a house yet.So technically the answer is no." He said back jokingly. This was the sort of person he would want to go into a dungeon with. He tried to think about things that he wanted to do that didn't involve seeing that graceful attack again. Nothing. Granted he didn't have much he wanted to do anyway, except to get skill points.

Davros still hadn't answered her question. She cocked her head to the side, her hand on the pommel of her rapier. She smiled at his joke, but still needed to know what the plan was. What were they going to do next? "So... What are we going to do now? Head back and plan for another boss battle or something?" She asked, her head still cocked to one side as she awaited his answer.

After a few moments Davros came up with something. "Well, I told you earlier what my goal was, to become a dungeon hunter. To become a successful dungeon hunter im going to need equipment. I dont know much about enhancements or good places to get gear." He paused, looking over at her hopefully. "Could you possibly help me out with that?" He asked politely.

Manta smiled and nodded. It sounded like a good plan, and, as it happened, they were on the fourth floor, the location of her friend Ebony's shop. "Yeah, I can help with that. Well, your going to want enchantments that help with searching. There are two of them, and I can get you some, right now if youd like. It will set you up in terms of dungeon hunting equipment." She explained.

Davros nodded back. It sounded like a plan. He didn't have any money though, so he hoped that Manta wouldnt mind buying them for him. Judging from the fact that she had suggested it, she probably would. She scratched he back of his head. "Sounds like a plan to me. I dont have any money or mats though..." He trailed off sheepishly, letting his hand drop to his side.

Manta had expected as much. "Don't worry about it, one of y friends is an artisan. She wont mind if we pop into her shop and borrow some equipment. No payment necessary!" She exclaimed, starting to walk back to the town in the direction of Ebony's little shop. Last time she had been there Ebony had had two items specifically for dungeon hunting. Ebony already owed her some favors, so it should be fine.

Davros nodded, not entirely sure what Manta had in mind. He followed her back to the town anyway, all the way to what appeared to be a small log cabin, with a sign above it that said The Black Rose. This looked to be the place, hopefully the shopkeeper would be all right with them traipsing in and borrowing equipment with no intention of ever paying for it. If Manta said it was all right, it had to be though.

Manta held a hand out, motioning for Davros to stop where he was. She tiptoed into the room, opening the door slowly and closing it behind her gently so that the bell wouldn't ring. Judging from the sound Ebony was in the workshop, hammering something and singing some sort of song. Manta carefully made her way over to the shelf and picked up an earring and an armband, leaving a little note in their place saying she needed to borrow them. She exited in the same manner and handed them to Davros. "There you go. Your all set!" She said excitedly.