[PP-F1] A Friend Perhaps?(Complete)

Having been worn out by my hunting trip and day in my shop I went outside the town of beginings to the large field to just relax and enjoy the outside air. I was interested in meeting some new people and by being in a place and just hanging out I was bound to meet someone and maybe we might hit it off and be good friends. Either way I found myself right outside the town walls in the field.  I leaned up against the wall and slid my back down until I was siting on the soft grass the wall making a great backrest. I let out a yawn and sunk a little deeper up against the wall and then looked out at the sunset. It was very pretty. I was glad that I was able to watch these sunsets. I had been watching then go down for the past week now and it seemed to be turning into a nice routine. I loved it how something computer generated could look so real and tangible.  It was truly relaxing to see the glow of the sunset fill the air around me as the light soon faded away and I was met by the night. 

Edited by Coddexx

Sunset on the first floor was always a splendid affair. The colors were brilliant, and it was almost enough to convince you that you were there because you wanted to be. But none of them were.  Not any more. Teselmar liked to watch the sunset from the field that lay just outside the main gate. He walked with purpose, not rushing, neither taking his time. The dying light turned his already gold hair to fire, and he squinted his stone green eyes against it. He shifted the rapier on his belt as he thought about some of the changes that he'd made recently. The weapon itself had been slightly upgraded, even his suit now offered some damage mitigation. Next, he needed to get a buckler, stock up on potions, keep grinding for experience... His mind continued to race, never letting him truly relax. Heading outside the wall to make himself slow down and smell the roses was necessary for him, and he knew it. So he took the time every so often to just slow down. 

There was another player out by the wall, enjoying the sunset as well. Teselmar saw by his gear that he was a bit higher level than him, but he too seemed to be taking a moment to stop and relax. As the sun slipped below the horizon, he made idle chit chat with the other player. "Well, if you gotta be imprisoned, might as well appreciate a room with a view, right?" He smirked, taking a deep breath. Some night mobs would be spawning soon, and it would be his first time hunting them for Col and experience.

As a player came next to me and started conversation the sun had almost completely vanished from the sky. I looked over at the player and said. " I can defiantly agree. This prison is one with a view but it is a prison none the less. I am going to get out of here though I know that as a truth." As the light on the horizon dispersed into nothing and the stars lit the sky I stood up from the ground and said " Hello My name is Coddexx What is yours?" I had always been one for making friends and this was no different. The way I saw it the more friends that I made here the more allies I had in getting out of this death game.  

Teselmar raised an eyebrow as the other player spoke. He looked young, like he was fresh out of high school. His armor looked good, of excellent make, and his sword was a curved blade. The youth was oddly outgoing and trusting, to start up a conversation outside of a safe zone like this. Still, Teselmar wasn't much threat to anyone yet, and even if he'd been a high level, he didn't want to hurt anybody. The kid couldn't have known that though. He seemed a decent sort, though. The starlight glimmered as he turned, and offered the young man a hand. "Codexx, huh? Call me Teselmar. Nice to meet you."

He figured that the more people he knew, the better chance they all had of getting out alive. He certainly seemed like the confident type. Teselmar equipped a cigarette from his inventory, fitting the tip between his teeth. It wasn't lit, as it was a cheap knockoff of the ones that a girl named Opal had crafted herself. These ones needed to be lit by chaining them together, couldn't be lit any other way. But it calmed him to at least have it out. He turned to the youth. "So, what is it you do, Codexx? Are you a hunter, a front-liner? Or are you more of a crafter type?" Teselmar figured with armor like that, the young man had seen some combat.

Laughing slightly at the cigarette that he had taken out I took him in. I didn't know that there were cigarettes here in Aincrad. I looked at the man in front of me and answered his question. "Nice to meet you Teselmar, and as of right now I'm more of the hunting type. I've been grinding out here for a while trying to lvl a bit as well as get materials for crafting. I hope that in the future I could possibly get up to the front lines though. I've been getting a bit stronger but I'm not quite there." The man didn't have the best gear but he did have a decent looking sword. Thin and fast I could tell he was a rapier user. I rolled my shoulders back stretching a bit and yawned. It had been a long day but it wasn't over yet. I looked at Teselmar and said " I was just about to go out and hunt for some materials if you wanna tag along i don't mind." I leaned against the wall and waited for his response.

Teselmar nodded, keeping the unlit stick in the corner of his mouth. "I suppose I could accompany you out. Though if you're farming higher leveled mobs out in the deep woods, I'll probably have to fall back and deal with some lower leveled monsters. Sometimes weaker monsters tend to gather when a  strong mob forms. If that happens, I'll pick off the weaker ones so you can focus on the ones that drop loot." He tugged at the cuff of his armored shirt sleeve, and straightened his hardened leather vest. "Lead on." He said with a grin.

ID#44033 LD: 12
Nodding my head at him I made my way to the forest nearby Teselmar following not too far behind. I wanted to find some wolves that we could fight and I knew that there were a few packs that spawned back here in the forest. I took a deep breath breathing in the night air and continued through the forest until I saw some wolves in the distance not ready to take them on yet I looked around on the ground trying to find an herb that I could use for my potions but I didn't have any luck. Looking at the pack of wolves in the distance I said "You ready? I'll take the four higher leveled ones you can take on the two lower leveled ones"

Coddexx 44/44 [Energy 12/12]
Teselmar 20/20 [Energy 5/5]

Wolf 22/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 22/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 22/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 22/22 (3dmg 5mit) 

Wolf 5/5 (3dmg, 2mit)
Wolf 10/10 (3dmg, 2mit)

Edited by Coddexx

Teselmar drew his rapier, sprinting about ten feet away to draw the weaker ones away from Codexx. "Okay, I'll take these ones!" He raised his blade, preparing a sword art. It would be expedient if he could hit the two snarling wolves with Sweep, first and foremost. He dashed forward, and swept his blade at the two.

ID# 44037 results: Battle: 2+1=3 (miss) | Mob: 4 (miss)

The wolves darted back out of the way of the strike, then tried to snap at him. Teselmar backed up quickly, their fangs missing him by about a foot. Drat... He hoped that Codexx had a better start to his battle.

Teselmar 20/20 HP | 3 Energy (2 base dmg, 5 mit, +1 acc)

Wolf 5/5 (3dmg, 2mit)
Wolf 10/10 (3dmg, 2mit

Edited by Teselmar

Seeing him draw the two weaker one's away I grinned at his technique. Sadly he missed them but I had faith in his abilities. drawing Silverlight I made my advance on the four stronger wolves. I ran in swinging in a large arc but I missed as well. I was slightly frustrated but I knew that I would be able to hit them next time. I took a deep breath and readied myself for another attack. thankfully I was able to dodge all four of them. Looking back at the wolves I looked them dead on preparing to kill.

Spoiler

ID#44038 BD:3 MD:3
ID#44039 MD:2
ID#44040 MD:
ID#44041 MD:5 (6-1)

Coddexx 44/44 [Energy 11/12]
Wolf 22/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 22/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 22/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 22/22 (3dmg 5mit) 

Edited by Coddexx

Teselmar danced backwards, trying to evade the grasp of the wolves' fangs. He feinted left, then drove his blade at the lead wolf. 

ID# 44043 results: Battle: 1 (damn it) Mob: 8 (hit)

ID# 44044 results: Mob: 10 (really??)

The worst possible combination; Teselmar whiffed his swing, and both wolves chomped down on him, one biting deeply. He grimaced in anger more than pain, and shook them off. "For !$#%'s sake-" he snarled.

Teselmar 18/20 HP | 3 Energy (2 base dmg, 5 mit, +1 acc)

Wolf 5/5 (3dmg, 2mit)
Wolf 10/10 (3dmg, 2mit

Edited by Teselmar

Focussing on the wolves in front of me I rose my sword and charged up my blade. Silverlight was filled with a purple glow as I charged up my Farrant Full moon sword art  spinning in three fast circles I ran my blade through the four Wolves as they let out a snarl. One of them ran up and but me hard but I was able to dodge the other three. I had done a considerable amount of damage to them and that made me smile. I steadied myself readying for another attack  I was going to waste these wolves and take their hides  

Spoiler

ID#44050 BD:7 MD:10

ID#44051 MD:4

ID#44052 MD:5

ID#44053 MD:2

-1 dmg
Coddexx 43/44 [Energy 6/12]

-13 each
Wolf 9/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 9/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 9/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 9/22 (3dmg 5mit) 

Edited by Coddexx

Teselmar was growing frustrated by his inability to hit the wolves, and their seemingly great ability to hit him. He pked out with his blade once more, trying to skewer the smaller one.

ID# 44055 results: Battle: 3+1=4 (miss) | Mob: 1 (miss) 

ID# 44056 results: Mob: 4 (miss)

Again he missed! But at least this time, he was able to avoid both wolves' biting fangs. Seriously, why am I missing so bad tonight? It's awful...

Edited by Teselmar

Seeing Teselmar miss again I was thankful to see him dodge the two wolves he was fighting. Without worrying about him I turned my attention to my wolves. Having cut more than half of the wolves health away I readied my blade to strike out at them again. Charging up the same sword art as before I flung out at them with my blade . They exploded into a cloud of pixels and dropped some loot. I then looked over at Teselmar to see if he needed any help

Spoiler

ID#44083 BD:9 MD:2

ID#44084 MD:10 CD:8(Regen)

ID#44087 MD:8 CD:11

ID#44088 MD:2

-2dmg
Coddexx 43/44 [Energy 2/12]

-13dmg
Wolf 0/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 0/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 0/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
Wolf 0/22 (3dmg 5mit) 
 +4Mats +4snowflakes

Edited by Coddexx

Teselmar glowered as he turned his blade to and from, preparing to attack the creatures once more. It was embarrassing to not be able to hit them, and he steeled his heart, willing to try again. Going after the weaker one, he prepared Rip Ravine, executing the sword art as he maneuvered closer. 

ID# 44263 results: Battle: 8+1=9 (hit) | Mob: 9 (crit... again.)

ID# 44264 results: Mob: 8 (hit)

His blade flashed green and white as he finally slashed the smaller wolf, scoring both hits across its chest as he moved forward. The wolves snapped at him, their teeth finding purchase, but at least Teselmar knew he'd done a bit of damage. "Can't get lucky forever!" He shouted at the monsters.

Teselmar 16/20 HP | 2 Energy (2 base dmg, 5 mit, +1 acc)

Wolf 3/5 (3dmg, 2mit)
Wolf 10/10 (3dmg, 2mit

Edited by Teselmar

Watching the cloud of pixels fade away I took my blade in my right hand and ran up to where the two wolves were fighting I noticed that he wasn't having much luck but I knew that he would be able to handle himself. However I thought that it would be a good idea to offer a hand since I got him into this mess in the first place. "You want a hand?" I asked holding Silverlight at the ready. 

Edited by Coddexx

Teselmar pivoted, lurching out of the snapping jaws of the wolves as he evaded their latest attack. "I'll let you know in a moment." He said decisively, charging his Rip Ravine sword art once again. He might be able to do some serious damage to the smaller wolf if he could pin it down. Rapier ablaze with viridian light, he drove downward, then up again as the system initiated the attack.

ID# 44271 results: Battle: 2+1=3 (terrible luck today) | Mob: 1 (crit fail)

ID# 44272 results: Mob: 1 (what are the chances of that?)

While his attack missed yet again, Teselmar was able to avoid the fangs of his enemies yet again, slipping behind one of them and rolling away from the other. Frustrated, he called out to Codexx. "Yeah, alright. I can't seem to hit them, so do what you can if you'd like."

Edited by Teselmar

Laughing at how unlucky the two of us have been today I decided to give it a go on these two wolves. I rushed over to them and took my blade and held it high above my head. I charged up my sword art 'Farrant full moon' and swung down my blade in three swift circles cutting through both wolves disinigrating them into pixels   I then sheathed my blade and walked over to Teselmar "Sorry about taking your kill man I'm sure you'll have better luck in the future." Completely exhausted I took a deep breath and looked at Teselmar  "Want to take a breather? I'm pretty worn out from that battle"

Spoiler

ID#44274 BD:7 MD:3

ID#44275 MD:5

Coddexx 44/44 [Energy 0/12]

-13 dmg

wolf 0/5

Wolf 0/10

Edited by Coddexx

Teselmar exhaled, letting out the breath he didn't know he'd been holding. He turned to the young man, and sheathed his rapier. "Sure. After an embarrassing turn out like that one, I could use a breather." Walking back through the woods, Teselmar kept the frown on his face. I need better gear... "Thanks for your help. Just wasn't my lucky day, I guess. I have remarkably poor luck in this world, or so it seems."

"If you are having difficulties hitting your targets I suggest fighting with a weapon that has an accuracy focus." I took another breath calming myself down and feeling a bit more energized. I took another and then laughed at myself. "But don't worry too much everyone lacks a bit of luck now and again" I sat up against a tree to take a break. Out of curiosity I asked him "So what have you done so far here in Aincrad and what build are you going for?"  I knew it was a pretty personal question but I thought it was the best way to take a break and get to know someone. So far Teselmar seemed like a pretty good guy and I knew that even though he was lower level he had some potential and I wanted him as a friend and an ally. 

Teselmar casually leaned up against a nearby tree, taking a look at his rapier. "Yeah, this is a pretty good weapon. It's got an enhancement for accuracy, but I have an even better one being crafted by a blacksmith on the ninth floor. It'll be three times as sharp, and three times as accurate as this blade, which will help. Maybe I should get a small shield as well..."

He crossed his arms, a ponderous look on his face. "As for how I'm building my skills, I'm saving up my skill points to build up my rapier's damage output. I'm going for a style of fighting where it's incredibly hard to hit me, and very easy for me to hit whatever I'm aiming at. I've gotten a few Extra Skills under my belt, killed a few monsters, got my butt kicked by a couple of giant plant monsters, and that's just the last few days. It's been crazy." He chuckled quietly, remembering the shenanigans he'd gotten up to. "I bet you have some fun stories to tell, eh?"