COMPLETE [OP-F2] More farming!

It was never enough.  He could have farmed endlessly for days and he still would have ran out of materials.  His prowess in smithing was growing exponentially and with that growth, his need for materials rose as well.  Ishida had pretty decent luck with Floor 2 the last time he was here, thanks to the assistance of Davros.  However, this time, he felt he was a little better equipped thanks to some much needed additions to his arsenal he was able to craft.  No longer would he spend an eternity endlessly missing his targets and even if they were quick enough to get past his defenses, they'd be punished by the punishing thorns aura of his armor.

Yes, this time would be different.

• BD: 10+3 = 13
  • MD: 1

Eager to get out there and crack some skulls, Ishida immediately charged into a four-pack of Trembling Oxen.  Showing little of the hesitation that had been plaguing him lately, the raven-haired teenager leaped into the air and drove his illuminated sword at the slow moving pack with all his might.  The force of the impact struck all of the mobs in the vicinity, leaving them susceptible to the follow-up strike that immediately followed.  Ishida rose with an upward strike that struck the entire ensemble of oxen and left them terribly wounded.

Sword Art: Rage Spike (4 EN)(AOE)
DMG: ((2+2) * 2) - 2 = 6

Spoiler

Ishida
20/20 HP
1/5 EN

Trembling Ox:  HP 4/10

Edited by Ishida

Lacking the energy to perform another devastating Sword Art like Rage Spike, Ishida took this round to raise his tower shield up in protection as he recuperated.  Now, he lacked the block skill entirely but the symbolism behind his shield's defense made him feel more protected.  He didn't really feel there was much of a threat from these beasts, anyway; the defenses provided by his armor outweighed their damage.

• BD: 1
  • MD: 8
  • Mobs suffer 6 Thorns damage on successful attack.

The group of oxen attacked him one by one.  Each one charged at him with their horns primed for goring and each one struck him true.  It was unfortunate for them that the damage they suffered as a result of their good aim was more than they actually inflicted upon their prey.  Ishida watched, wincing from each attack, as the oxen exploded into pixels upon colliding with him.

"This is already going so much better than the other day."

He extended his hand and swiped it in the air before him, gathering up the materials dropped from the defeated mobs.

Total: +4 Materials

Spoiler

Ishida
HP: 16/20
EN: 2/5

Trembling Ox: HP 0/10  (-6)(DEFEATED)

Edited by Ishida

OOC: Want some help farming mats? Whatever I kill you can have. :)

Opal had been around floor two for a little bit, just picking out a few items from a nearby merchant. Off to the corner of her eye she was a glimmer of a sword art out in the mob hunting grounds and a familiar face. She wondered if that was the player from the other day, but at this distance she could not make out the features of the player. Thanking the merchant she followed suit out into the mob hunting grounds but would not disturb the player of his own hunting. Coming up to a small hilly land, the woman was faced with four croaking frogs of mid human size, easy enough for their long tongues to either whip or take her to their mouths much like they would to a fly. Unsheathing her blade, the woman scanned her eyes back at the other player before processing which damaging art she would need to use to take these buggers down. Sweeping a free hand over her menu, the woman doused her weapon with an upgrade damage potion and began her work, suffice to say if she would land a hit or not on them.

The Croaking Frogs' eyed the woman and their tongued cam whipping out of their mouth, with her enhanced evasion rate from her Solo Set equipment, the woman was able to dodge each of the four strikes individually with the grace of angel as her body moved in and out of the weaving and whipping tongues. Her Masamune blade shimmered in the dull light as she readied and prepared herself for her first attack, still keeping an eye on the player not too far away from her now.

<<Battle Engaged>> 
Notes: Solo Equipment Set Used

Opals HP: 124/124
En: 31/31
Sword Art:

Croaking Frog 1: 62/62 || Mit: 16 || Dmg 30
Croaking Frog 2: 62/62 || Mit: 16 || Dmg 30
Croaking Frog 3: 62/62 || Mit: 16 || Dmg 30
Croaking Frog 4: 62/62 || Mit: 16 || Dmg 30

ID: 44442
BD: Ignored: use of item +2 Dmg Pot
MD: 6-3 = Miss [Savvy Activated: +2 BD]

Edited by Opal

OOC: Most definitely!  I appreciate it!

The laugh that flooded out from Ishida was almost maniacal.  This bout of farming was tremendously easier than his last embarrassing attempt.  While the boy's method of farming might not have been efficient as Davros', which relied mostly on lucky and the benefit of his loot boosting equipment, it was still leagues better than what he was doing before--as long as he fought mobs appropriate for his level.  He found that if he fought monsters that were considerably weaker than him, he was almost guaranteed not to get loot.

The dark armored teenager began to stalk the area in search of another group of low level oxen to dismantle.  The tall grass did well to cover the rocky outcroppings occasionally found lurking beneath his feet which made it difficult to look suave when you were constantly tripping over yourself.  While he may not have found the oxen he was looking for, he did see another player lurking on the horizon.  Long hair, the color of a spilled inkwell; form-fitting white and red garb of the Knights of Blood; katana of endless ferocity--it was plain to see that the curvy silhouette belonged to Opal.

Ishida started along to greet the woman but as soon as he topped the crest of the hill she vanished over, she was already engaged in combat with mobs he wouldn't even entertain the thought of tackling.  Instead, he took a moment to regain his missing health and a portion of his energy while watching the bewitching woman go head to head with the gargantuan frogs.  As those rusted brown eyes traced over the woman's graceful, yet deadly movements, a question rose in the bowels of his mind.  Hey, where's Teselmar?

If Opal was around, the blonde-haired bodyguard for hire couldn't be too far behind.

+3 HP
+1 EN

Spoiler

Ishida
HP: 19/20
EN: 3/5

The croaking of their voices caused her ruby lips to contort out of her smile as their obnoxious and gaseous songs played the area. She shifted her weight and shook her head, the light of her AoE sword art illuminating her blade with a fever of ivory and silver. Drawing back the blade with both hands, she unfurled her ferocity as a torrent of light and wind collected in the epicenter of the massive frogs and drawing them into her slicing power. Quicksilver slashes echoed around their bodies carving red and orange gashes across their sticky green hides and eventually decimating them until they were no more. With the howling, vacuous winds calming around her body her clothing retained their normal shape and she drifted back down from their billowing position. Collecting the four materials into her inventory, the woman turned to sweep her blade to the side dispelling the impurities it collected from the massacre. When had turned around, she spotted that player over looking her battle. 

With a smile tugging at her red lips, the woman drew a hand high above and waved at him, "Hey! I remember you..." the woman carelessly walked towards Ishida, a player she had seen twice before and smiled at him, "I saw you earlier with a sword art, wasn't sure who it was until I was out here. How have you been? Just doing a bit of grinding?" 

<<Battle Engaged>> 

Opals HP: 124/124 [Savvy Activated: +2 BD]
En:12/31
Sword Art: Haku Senpu [AoE], 19 Energy, 88 Dmg -16 Mit= 72 Dmg

ID: 44445
BD: 4+2 = 6
MD: Nulled 
Loot: +4 Materials to Ishida at end of Thread

Edited by Opal

Of course, she felled them in a single swipe of her blade.  He expected nothing less from the woman who struck down field bosses in only a few strikes.  She was the epitome of power and it was strength of that caliber that he desired.  Ishida's thin brows narrowed as he studied Opal's system-guided movements, hoping to divine some knowledge from her expert fluidity.

The serious expression written on his face evaporated as soon as she turned in his direction and made her approach.  In it's place, a light smile folded upon his pale lips.  It had been some time since they had seen one another and in that time, his appearance had changed drastically.  No longer was he wandering around in cloth clothing hoping a stray breeze wouldn't happen to rise up and blow him over.  Now, he was the shadows given life; an impervious darkness that stood on two legs within the sanctity of his blackened heavy armor.  There was no shine or glorious glimmer to his armor, it was as if light itself could not break away from the void once it touched that midnight exterior.

Aside from the gloom and doom of his appearance, he seemed genuinely happy to see the woman.

"Ishida," he said, reminding her of his name.  "It's good to see you, Opal.  I wouldn't expect to find someone of your strength on the second floor."

Although he didn't redirect his gaze from it's lock upon Opal's, he could see another herd of oxen making its way over.

"I've been doing well.  I've found that keeping up with my Blacksmithing skill requires a lot of materials, so I try to make it out here every other morning for a bit of grinding.  I find it... relaxing.  How about you?  How have you been?  You seem to be in as fine of form as ever."

+3 HP
+1 EN

Spoiler

Ishida
HP: 20/20
EN: 4/5

The woman looked behind her gazing in the distance that caught the interest of the player; a roaming mob that seemed to be of his interest. As he had explained he was out about grinding some materials for his Profession, "Ahh! So that's what is going on here. Well, if you don't mind a bit of company, I can help with your findings, though I may be a little slower with the mobs I can handle. None the less, some is better than none. Don't let me stop you from taking those things down." 

The woman's lips curved into yet another smile, it was no wonder she did not notice the familiar face before, the one cloth worn warrior was now garbed in a menacing deep midnight armor that seemed to shatter against the pure white of her own. It was quite the obvious polar opposites of the two colors they had worn as well as the heaviness of their armor sets. Ishida, that was his name as she recalled and only after reintroducing himself. She felt silly to forget the player's name, but he did not seem imposed by her forgetfulness. 

Taking a step away, she gestured for the warrior to move in the direction of his kill, "I won't engage on your mobs so we don't do any mixed level mob hunting. I think the ones I come across might still be a bit more than you can handle, but you look like you are doing fairly well now, and new armor which is quite impressive. A bit on the dark side, but I know of another player who adores the dark scheme, his name is Beoreson also a Blacksmith." The woman turned her body and folded her arms over her chest as the sword was inventoried until needed. She could not do what others did and simply sheath the blade to her back or side due to its length, all the same.

<<EN Regen 1/3>>

"Oh?  As always, I appreciate any help you have to offer.  Who am I to deny a lady who wants to help me?" Like he could stop her if he tried.  It was likely he would go the same way of the mobs she fought--obliterated in one hit.

"You're right.  I wouldn't stand much of a chance against the monsters you handle--but that won't be the case for long.  Pretty soon, we'll be able to stand side by side."  Oh, his armor?  He was more than a little proud of it.  He was always proud of his accomplishments and this was no different. A perfect set of armor on his first crafting attempt?  There was nothing more beautiful.  "A bit on the dark side, true, but I think it brings out the color of my eyes."

Ishida flashed her a bright smile and issued a harmless wink before he took off in a sprint toward the monsters she had gestured toward.

"Be right back!"

The same as before he hauled through the tall grass like a freight train without brakes on a collision course with the roaming oxen.  The raven-haired teenager launched into the air before storming down into the center of them like a lightning bolt; his sword ablaze with a radiant blue aura.  Ishida hit the ground with a thud and the after effects of the initial attack spread out and washed over the group of oxen, which was promptly followed by a secondary sweeping attack that targeted the beasts around him.

• ID# 44450
  • BD: 8 + 3 = 11
  • CD: 7 (+3 Regen)
  • MD: 10

Sword Art: Rage Spike (-4 EN)
DMG: (2*2) - 2) = 2

The monsters themselves turned on Ishida the second his attack ended and unleashed hell.  Each of the four beasts plowed into him with a ferocity unseen in such passive animals, pummeling him with the blunt force of their solid heads.  They were strong but even while enraged, they did little more than cause the armored warrior a bit of discomfort.

Spoiler

Ishida
HP: 19/20 (-4 DMG)(+3 RGN)
EN: 0/5

Trembling Ox: HP 8/10 (-2 DMG)

Edited by Ishida

Looking on as the dark warrior sought out his next batch of victims, she entertained the idea of his being a front liner one day. Of course there was never a short supply of tanks, they were as necessary as any other stat build DPS player. Helping to take the damage off the those who can do the damage, the tank role was not only immensely needed, but also highly desired in any team formation. The woman continued to look on as the vibrant blue aura swept through his blade and into the form of his sword art. She placed a thin finger against the curve of her lips as she gently bit down on a nail watching him execute his attack flawlessly. She would no doubt expect such an ambitious player to do nothing more than sweep down the enemy as he had said he would. But the woman was hesitant as he was struck furiously by the raging horde, apparently they did not enjoy their ox hides being cut into by that dangerous sword art, but the dark metal frame around his body seemed to absorb most of his damage along with a unique skill for the heavy users. 

The woman's tense position relaxed as she nodded and swept a hand through the dark tendrils of black hair from her face, there was no need to interrupt his battle. She too had to keep an eye for her own mob soon. She could only pull off one Haku Senpu each mob group due to the amount of energy required to use it. Unfortunatly for her as well, she needed to finish up the GrandMastering Quest of her Katana before its true potential could be unlocked. She had grown lazy though the past month, finding that more and more players were shooting above and beyond her. But she felt comfortable with her own skin and her ability to DPS anything. The tier four Katana skill set was nothing to shake a stick at. But she exhibited patience and waited for her energy to fill once more. 

<<EN Regen 2/3>>

Ishida slammed the bottom edge of his shield into the ground beneath his knees and clenched his jaw.  Using the leverage provided by the sturdy shield, as well as the strength he could muster, he rose up against the battering oxen as they continued to assault him.  Once again, he found he lacked the energy to do anything of importance during this round of combat but like before, he found that sometimes the best offense was a good defense.

Once he was back to his feet, his heavily protected body closed into itself as close as possible; becoming as small as he could behind the protection of the Wall of Night.  His best bet was to hunker down and prepare for the onslaught of the oxen while he focused on recovering his energy.  As the monsters prepared their attack, Ishida's body tensed in preparation of the pain to come.

• ID# 44452
  • MD: 5

The pain never came.  Try as they might, the oxen charged with every intent of poking new holes into Ishida but they just couldn't find their target.  Obviously blinded by their own rage, they struggled to stay accurate as they charged and each and every one of them ended up riding right on by the midnight knight.

Spoiler

Ishida
HP: 19/20 
EN: 1/5 (+1 EN)

Trembling Ox: HP 8/10

Edited by Ishida

The female continued to watch onward as Ishida's battle continued. It was a good lesson to be learned here that the role of the tank was to soak up the damage, but the other part was to see if he could keep calm while doing so. Being a tank was nerve wrecking, it could lead to a full wipe if the tank in charge was not drawing in the necessary aggro from the other players. She wondered if he had the howl skill yet as many Tanks seem to pick up eventually. None the less, his impervious armor was stalwart against the mighty clash of the oxen before him. Honey amber eyes watched with intent to see the tank in action, she had given the newbie little credit before the string of outcomes she witnessed now. He will surely be a valuable player in the front lines if he continued down this path and with him not buckling under the pressure of the ox that repeatedly ram into his shield, the woman knew it would be wise to attempt to pick him up as a Guild Recruit before another does so. 

The ever expanding field beyond her eyes could see continued on, she would feast on the horizon as she just needed another moment or two before she could help herself to the livestock of the land and collect their loot from their corpses. Patience was something she had to be taught about thanks to her late Master Myoga, the all knowing Katana Master that molded her into the mature woman she is today. 

<<En Regen 3/3>>

"All right, you filthy beasts.  Is that all you've got?!" Ishida rejoiced in the regeneration of that single energy point.  At least he was now able to manage a simple melee attack.  As he focused his attention on one of the wounded oxen in front of him, he threw back his shield and revealed the sword aptly named Eagleclaw lurking beneath it.

Ishida brandished the blade in a regular fashion before bringing it sidelong in a backhanded slash across the ox's face.

• ID# 44459
  • BD: 6 + 3 = 9
  • CD: 7

The swing of the blade was true.  The sharpened tip of the accurate weapon was drawn in a straight line across the eyes of the angered beast, slicing through with the greatest of ease and opening up a glowing gash in its stead.  Apparently, that particular display of dominance only served to further enrage the pack, who proceeded to pummel him again with various uncontested blows.

Each blow knocked him down a peg, causing the foundation of his sturdy stance to waver.  However, he refused to yield to their demanding attacks and held his grown, enduring the brutality of their horns and headbutts for another round.

Spoiler

Ishida
HP: 18/20 (-4 DMG)(+3 RGN)
EN: 1/5 

Trembling Ox: HP 7/10 (-1 DMG)

Edited by Ishida

OOC: If you need any help, just let me know. :)

Opal had found her Masamune once more in the comforts of her hand as she started several yards away from Ishida and his mob group, not to accidentally cause any mishaps of the two groups forming as one. Taking stance against another eye licking group of croaking frogs, the woman was displeased by the amount of Frogs she had to contend with on this floor. Rolling those honey dipped irises, the woman pressed the blade firmly in her grasp and took a step forward. Whatever happened next, she was unaware of what triggered the event. But the massive croaking frogs decided to stomp the ground all together causing a mini earthquake to reverberate around her, taking damage from environmental effects and nothing more from the enraged amphibians. Collecting her thoughts and scrunching her dark thin brows, the woman swept her blade side to side, "You are going to regret doing that..."

<<Battle Engaged>> 

Opals HP: 100/124 
En:29/31
Sword Art: Miss, -2 Energy

ID: 44463
BD: 1 [Miss-LM Activated: +1 BD] 
MD: 9 [+1 Dmg] 
Loot: 

Edited by Opal

OOC: I'll be okay, they just need to stop the crits and eat more thorns!  Will continue in a bit, leaving work!

As much as he wanted to lay into the oxen, Ishida knew he needed to conserve his energy.  His strongest attacks came from his Sword Arts and if he wanted to deal sufficient damage to these monsters, he needed to recover his energy.

• ID# 44466

Behind the defense of his shield, he took another savage assault head on.  He must have come across the angriest pack of oxen in all of Aincrad.  They were relentless in how they constantly steamrolled him with vicious headbutts.  The continuous beating managed to bring him to one knee but no more, he would not fall to these meager mobs.

You won't make a fool out of me... he thought.  His jaw remaining firmly set while his teeth endlessly ground against eachother.

Spoiler

Ishida
HP: 14/20 (-4 DMG)
EN: 2/5 (+1 EN)

Trembling Ox: HP 7/10

Edited by Ishida

OOC: No problemo!

Out of the corner of her eye, she wasn't sure if the younger player was struggling with his group or not. Being a low level and only having a handful of energy points could really put a damper on things. Her eyes locked back on the amphibious creatures before her as they licked their eyeballs and hopped towards her, "Oh no...not this again..." Springing her blade to the forefront of her body as it amounted a aura of silver and ivory, the woman shifted her blade and swept it across the area sending a shockwave of energy around the frogs devouring their bodies in the maelstrom of power from her sword art. Enveloping their slimy bodies ina  fell sweep of her blade, the croaking frogs gave their last hurrah as they disintegrated into nothingness and disappeared leaving a nice sack of col and a few more mats that she planned on giving to Ishida for his Blacksmithing. Sweeping the lade left and right to dissolve any blood and impurities that might have got on it from the battle, the woman sank the blade back into the sheath and hefted the heavy sword over one shoulder. 

She knew the player was trying hard to confront his mob units, and not to break his pride as a player or a man...she would keep herself away until her energy was once more full again. Her eyes locked on the battle of Ishida, if he dropped too low in levels of HP, she would step in. Pride or not, she would not let anyone die under her watch.

<<Battle Engaged>> 

Opals HP: 100/124 
En: 11/31
Sword Art: Haku Senpu, 19 Energy, 88 Dmg-16 Mit = 72 Dmg

ID: 44467
BD: 6+1[-LM Activated: +1 BD] = Hit
MD: Nulled
Loot: 14 [+1240 Co,+4 Mats]

Edited by Opal

Ishida didn't think the onslaught would ever stop.  He was glad to be wrong.  After several moments of repeated, body-crushing headbutts, the shrouded fighter was granted a reprieve.  Whew.

While he continued to gather his strength, the oxen, in their zeal, started to miss the bold target.  Glancing blows were all that came Ishida's way and the damage he received from them was nonexistent.  He let out a long, slow breath against the back of his shield; the moist heat of which surprisingly creating condensation against the cold metal.

The teenager focused and let the ebbing pain dull to a quiet murmur.  In that moment, he was calm again.

• ID# 44470
  • MD: 3
Spoiler

Ishida
HP: 14/20
EN: 3/5 (+1 EN)

Edited by Ishida

If there was such a thing as a mobile tank, Ishida was very much looking the part.  As the oxen moved to strike him with their goring horns, he maneuvered with serpentine fluidity; slithering his way out of attacks that should have struck.  The one ox that did find a straight shot toward the black-haired teen was quickly rebounded by the bulk of his shield, casting his head straight into the ground, horns first, after it bounced off of the Wall.

He was simply biding his time until he could let loose and unleash hell upon those troublesome oxen.

• ID# 44471
  • MD: 1

Spoiler

Ishida

HP: 14/20
EN: 4/5 (+1 EN)

Edited by Ishida

Enough of this.

A look of cold, hard determination washed over the features of Ishida's face.  He had spent more time with the oxen than was necessary and he was finally ready to put an end to it.  His brows tightened and stitched together as his eyes narrowed; pointed focus locked onto the oxen as he prepared to finish them.  Gloved fingers tightened around the handle of Eagleclaw, gripping tightly as it was engulfed in a glimmering blue glow reminiscent of a low, hot flame.

With a grunt, he went into the same movements that he had started the battle with and jumped back into the middle of the re-situated group of heavy headed oxen.  Ishida slashed in a cyclone as he came down, striking them all within the stretch of a single slice.  His feet only touched ground for a moment before he bounded out of the center, flourishing wildly in a series of blossoming attacks targeting the group of monsters as he heaved his body to freedom.

Sword Art: Rage Spike
DMG: (2+1)*2) - 2 = 4

• ID# 44475
  • BD: 9
  • MD: 8
  • LD: 15

The beasts seemed to cry in unison.  It was a chaotic harmony; absolutely hellish.  Pained by Ishida's last sword art, the oxen scrambled to put an end to the stalwart fighter.  They drove forward, steaming as they sought to impale the teen on their horns, and even though they did find they were able to put their horns to the fighter, it brought about their own demise.  The thorns aura of his well-crafted armor saw to that.

In the end, Ishida stood silent and basked in the victory as he motioned to accept the fallen loot.

Loot: +4 Materials, +200 Col
Total: +8 Materials, +200 Col

Spoiler

Ishida

HP: 10/20 (-4 DMG)
EN: 0/5 

Trembling Ox: HP 0/10 (-4 DMG)(-6 THRN)

Edited by Ishida

(OOC: I figured I'd wander in, let me know if you want help!)

Teselmar enjoyed the atmosphere on Floor 2. Urbus was a decent sized settlement, and he enjoyed training in the mountains and forests that dotted the landscape. Making his way across the fields, he thought he heard the sound of combat. He turned, striding towards the noise until he came up over a hill. Lo and behold, his occasional companions and, dare he say it, friends were out farming some materials today. The sight of them made Teselmar's face light up; it'd been awhile since he'd seen a friendly face, having spend a good bit of time on other floors this week.

He made his way over towards Opal,  giving Ishida the room he needed to work. His inventory opened, and he took out a cigarette. Teselmar still carried the crap brand, and he flipped it between his fingers as he smiled genuinely at the raven haired beauty. "Hello, you. Having a good time out here?" He waved at Ishida, but didn't call out for fear of distracting him too much.

The woman turned her attention back to behind her as the familiar golden haired male made his presence known. The woman lit up with an irregular smile, almost a beaming look on her face when he had showed up, a face she did not wear much around company of others. Almost too girlish for her mature personality. None the less, there he was in his leather fashioned suit. The woman flicked the long ebony strands of silken hair from her shoulder, only to have it bounce back in place by an oncoming wind. 

"I don't know about, Ishida...But I can't really complain. I was just out about picking up a few items in town when I spotted the Dark Knight over there slaying some mobs. He's looking to get a few materials for his Trade; Blacksmithing. I collected eight so far for him, but he's been working on that mob for a little while now. He knows what he is doing though and he needs to feel the pressure of being a Tank if he wants to be a Front Liner. How are things with you, Teselmar..." the woman looked back at the rolling stick between his jointed fingers and gave a short laugh, "Still dragging on those knock offs. Suppose it won't hurt for me to share a smoke with you while we are waiting for Ishida." 

The woman's hand lay flat bringing up her menu before rolling over her inventory and the materialization of her cigarette, pre lit for the cause. The woman stuck it between her ruby red lips, taking in a luxurious drag from it before blowing a scented perfume of citrus in the air, "Here you go, Sug," the woman leaned in towards him allowing him the strike he needed to set his own off. 

<<EN Regen 1/3>>