[PP-F13] Finishing This Up (Shizuka)

Zelrius awoke in his bed in the guild hall. The giant marble building that belonged to the guild that the Golden haired boy was no longer a part of. He had passed the torch to Lowenthal and moved on with his life. The boy still took residence in the building, given there was a room specialized to him, he paid for over a third of the whole building, and it was where his Family resided. It was on this morning, he wanted to begin ending his adventure. It was funny, Zelrius grew up playing video games, living in Envy of the characters of those characters. They got their adventures, and lived interesting lives. Meanwhile, the golden haired boy sat behind a screen with either a Keyboard and Mouse or a controller, simply playing the Adventure for them. Now, Aincrad was Zelrius' own Adventure. The only thing he ever truly wanted in life: Maximum Freedom. He got it. I would say it is a once in a lifetime chance, but there haven't been many people in all of history who have had the chance to be the Hero of their own story. After achieving this, Zelrius realized that while the Adventure was fun: It was lonely. He rose from bottom, to top, down to bottom, and back to the top, over and over again. Until the most recent time, where he was unmatched by anyone, and that made him feel more alone than anything else. All the events of the world had built up and nearly crushed him, so he passed the weight on.

However, just getting rid of his title and handing of his responsibilities wasn't enough to get rid of all the weight. He had loose ends to tie up still. And the next person on his Agenda was Manta Shizuka. A healer girl whom he loathed for more than one reason. It started when Ssendom favored her for some reason, and then the rest of the Commandant's council outvoted Zelrius in bringing her in. Than, with that hate already sowed for her, The pink haired girl continued to be overly nice and polite with the golden haired Commandant, Zelrius saw this as a way of mocking him, and hated her more. But all that was gone and over now, and Zelrius decided that it was time to tie up that loose end, and either tell her he hated her, or apologize. The latter wasn't in his nature.

Shizuka herself had been laying on her bed. She had been quite bored of the morning and the day didn't seem like it would hold any spectacular significance either. Still, she had to fight off the urge to return to the first floor and do some crafting. Times have been sad, the sky had been gloomy. However, it was just a regular day in the world of Aincrad. With a sigh, she took off her socks and lay in her bed with just her underwear on but it would be fine as her door was locked and her window was blocked. Not that there was anything out there except for tombstones. Honestly, the tombstones sure were a good fit for the status of the guild. More than half of the guild was depressed and Shizuka belonged to that category as well. It wasn't as if she wanted to be... But the events that she had experienced since becoming an active player in this Swords Art Online game was more than enough to break the strongest of players, let along a weakling such as she. Shizuka sighed, rolling over and stared blankly at the white, blank wall that was surrounding her and engulfing her. Blank... Plain...... Nothing special. Shizuka thought. Seems like the definition of Shizuka. Soon, after laying there for a while, her eyes began to grow heavy and that was when she heard the knocking.

Slowly, Shizuka rose up and called out. "Coming!" Shizuka shouted in a quiet voice (Not sure if that was even possible) and stood up while opening her inventory. Soon, she was dressed in her usual black Azure cloak and her starting cloth which was underneath. With the third sigh of the day, Shizuka walked to the wooden door and opened it slowly. It was quite unusual that someone had come to visit her... Let along for it to be Zelrius, someone whom Shizuka hadn't met in quite a long time now that she thought about it. Indeed, she had been searching for him since the day that he announced his parting. "Zelrius," Shizuka said plainly, unemotional but with just a plain statement. With a yawn, she lifted up her black hood to hide her face and began to speak once more. "I assume you are here for a farewell? Or perhaps something less polite than that. Either way, come inside. I wouldn't mind what you want to say." Shizuka finished and walked in before pulling up a chair and sitting on her untidy bed, herself.

• 2 weeks later...

Zelrius was looking down at the ground, lost in though when the door swung open and Shizuka was there dressed in her cloak and usual attire. He lifted an eyebrow, eyeing the uniform. "Going somewhere?" Of course, he had no way of knowing that he had just woken her up other than the fact that it was morning approaching afternoon. He frowned, the way she said 'Coming' and then how her tone shifted when she saw it was him confirmed his suspicions about what she thought of him. Go figure, He whispered to himself quietly, knowing he hadn't been exactly nice to her. "If you wouldn't mind, perhaps I am wasting my time here. If that is indeed the case, than it is what it is I suppose." He spoke, shrugging and yawning a bit himself before eyeing the chair and her. He took a step into the room, and closed the door behind him but didn't sit. Zelrius felt that he simply didn't deserve to be comfortable in the room of someone who clearly didn't want him there. 

"I am not going to waste your time, so let's get straight to the point;" The golden haired Commandant began his dark blue eyes being filled with several different emotions at once. "I apologize for myself making your time here in Azure miserable, and hope that you at the very least, look past my actions and see the good this guild tries to achieve on a daily basis." Other than that, The golden haired boy didn't know anything else to say. "That is all, sorry for bothering you." And with that, he turned back around to leave the room/

• 4 weeks later...

Shizuka had definitely not expected Zelrius to be the person that was standing in front of the door. If she had known that she was have opened the door to see Zelrius, she would've just ignored the knock on the door because she was one-hundred percent sure that she would just be bombarded with the usual mockery that the man provided her with. Such embarrassment that she had experienced from him was not one of the usual amount and Shizuka disliked the man much. Shizuka almost jumped up in shock when the man, instead of speaking out in mockery against her, managed to apologize to her... Somewhat. However, even though the man had apologized, it was not enough for Shizuka. There was still many questions that she wanted to ask the blonde commandant... So many that there is no point in throwing them all out there. Instead, she would ask one at a time and it was up to Zelrius whether those answers were going to be left unanswered or brought to light for Shizuka. As Zelrius turned around to walk away, Shizuka walked towards the man, just a tiny bit and began to speak. "Wait. I need some answers." Shizuka said quietly, "Why is it that you treat me so since I joined this guild? I am not sure of what I have done to receive such bad treatment from you. Ever since the day I joined this guild, I have tried to please everyone, especially you. Yet, all I obtain in return is your coldness. I want to know the reason behind this." Shizuka finished, losing her voice by the end of the last sentence.