COMPLETE! [PP-F4] First Date in the Snow (Teselmar/Opal)

Teselmar yawned as well, smiling at the contagious phenomenon. The night was growing deeper now, and he felt the warmth from her body mingle with his as she wrapped her arms around him. He replied in kind, wrapping his own arms around her as well, enjoying the feeling of drawing her close. This was all relatively new territory for Martin, and he wasn't sure what he should do next. But, first things first. "I enjoyed tonight too, Vivian. Thanks for being here with me." Teselmar was not a possessive, jealous type of man; if a woman was with him, he assumed they wanted to be with him. So he understood and agreed with her independent nature. The snow had stopped, and they'd generated enough heat to melt what snow had fallen on their heads.

He looked down towards the town. "It's starting to get late. I've rented a room at an inn down in the village, it's where I usually stay. If you want," he said, trying not to make it sound indecent, "You can spend the night with me. Err, what I mean to say," He continued, trying his best to convey his pure intentions, "You can take the bed, I'll take the sofa. I mean, you could spend a teleport crystal, or pay for a room yourself, if you'd like. I just thought I'd offer." His face was the color of a lobster as he tried not to verbally fall all over himself. Talking wasn't his best skill today.

"Hmm? Oh? Oh!" the woman buried her face in his chest again and laughed a little, he was adorable that was for certain. Raven locks mingled with his shirt as she shifted her head side to side in his cozy warmth. Deep honey orange eyes looked back up at him and her red lips curved into a smile, "I wouldn't mind to be honest. It would be a long trek back to Snowfrost, and since you already have a room here, I suppose it would be interest to use it. I-" the woman paused, she trusted him right? It was a mental question that blocked the burning in her heart from pouring out everywhere. She could trust him, she had to learn how to trust people again. If tonight proved he'd be a gentleman, if other nights proved him to be at her side, if the future proved to her he can be counted on, then tonight will be the night they tested the waters of that trust. But she had to take the plunge. 

"I don't mind sharing the bed with you, so long as we sleep at opposite sides." She looked back up at him, shifting one hand through her darkened hair to produce a veil over her eyes to block out the hot glow on her cheeks. It was somewhat horrible to say that though, the woman would probably end up kicking him out of the bed at some point of the night, she could be an aggressive sleeper. Sometimes waking up to half her bed on the floor because she was such an odd sleeper. But at least she took the first step in this game of trust. If he attempted to pull anything, he would find the blunt side of her katana planted squarely up his ass. But she was certain that with how things were going now, neither of them wanted to screw this up. It was unfamiliar territory for her, to actually have a set of feelings for a person when she thought the idea of 'love' was all but a whisper in the cold winds. 

Under the stars, Teselmar nodded, understanding that he needed to be a perfect gentleman with her. "That sounds like a plan. It's a little cold out, I hope you don't mind if I hold your hand on the way down." He smiled, as they turned to walk down the hill. Tonight had been a beautiful, almost fantastical evening. Teselmar was someone who had a deep empathy for others, but was held back from relationships in the past by his inability to lead a simple life, and covered for his loneliness with a clever retort and a dependency on danger. A world like this one, where his life was always on the line, would keep him satisfied for a long time. But still, he had ben alone. Ishida, the young blacksmith, was quickly becoming like a brother to him. And now, Opal... Vivian. She was becoming something more than he'd anticipated. They had plenty of time to explore their relationship, and deepen their trust towards each other. Joining her guild would be a step in the right direction. As they walked down the slope towards the village, he hoped that he wouldn't offend her or make her uncomfortable.

~

In the morning light that filtered through the window of their second floor room stirred Teselmar from his slumber. He stirred, awakening quickly as was his habit. He was shivering... Surprised, he took stock of his situation. He was shirtless, as he usually was before he went to bed. But he was half hanging off the side of the bed, and his pillow was on the floor. Looking to his left, he saw Opal on the other side. He couldn't tell if she was awake or asleep, but she had apparently stolen all the blankets and pushed him to the far edge of the mattress in her sleep. Sitting up, he withdrew a cigarette from his inventory; the cool mint smoke filled his airspace as he exhaled. He faced the sunrise with a smile, perfectly content with the world in this moment.

(You can make a final post, then I'll summarize. :D )

The woman nodded, her hand weaving her lithe fingers through his own until the came to a clasp. Their feet broke through the freshly fallen snow and soft crunched beneath their feet as they had made their way back to the village. It had been the perfect night with the perfect company. Opal felt light headed, it was an interesting sensation for the harmonizing flutter of her heart and the pure warmth from his hand entering her own. The mix of their energies was wild and created a massive flame between the two. A smile on her face, it was the most elated feeling she had in such a long time. She never thought she would have this ever again. It was a personal treasure and memory that would keep her fighting to protect all that she adored. As they made their way to the Inn, they were greeted by the NPC, but due to their tired state, they had quickly went to the room upstairs. 

Find the room to be quaint and warm, the woman detached her hand from his own. The small fireplace gave the room an enchanted warming feeling to it as Opal looked towards the bed, it was big enough to hold two people, but she was slightly worried about her midnight kicking antics. The low candles that were lit around the room gave a stir as their flames swept side to side from their movements as they moved towards the bed. The woman sat on the side of the bed and her fingers sprang for her menu, she looked back over her shoulder at Teselmar, smiling softly as the dark black turtleneck slowly faded off her body, encompassing only a small white tank top as her slacks dematerialized to allow the pajama lounge pants to emerge. The woman slipped her legs through the covers and laid her body down onto the soft bed, "Goodnight, Marvin," she said in a low voice as the flames in the room slowly faded out. 

--

The next morning Opal had been comfortable, warm and cozy under a pile of blankets, yet her body was sprawled out all over the bed. Both legs were out and wide under the covers, and her arms were each to the side of the bed while her face was turned away from her partner. She slept comfortably throughout the night, no unwanted nightmares or the fact she felt threatened. When first light ticked through the windows, she took in a deep breath and yawned loudly as her body creaked and stretched with small noises emitting from her mouth. When she rose, the blankets spilled off her body and she looked to Teselmar and his pillows on the floor. With the strap of her tank top slowly falling off her shoulder, the woman gave another loud yawn and hooked her finger through it and placed it back over her milky skin. Red lips smiling and still a little tired, she found him there smoking a cigarette and looking out the window with the sun kissing his body. 

The woman rose from the bed, her legs moving towards him as she wrapped her arms around his naked torso, "Mornin'..." a soft kiss on the back of his neck as she moved towards the side of the bed and once more sat down, a light orange stick appearing in her hand as she took in the much needed addiction. With pursed lips, the billowing of her orange smoke streamed out mixing with the cool mint of his own in the small room. The woman leaned back slightly, enjoying her cigarette and the company of her future boyfriend...she was a woman, she could toy with that idea.