[PP-F5] A Time To Socialize - Braving the Desert of Awkwardness <<The Traveler>> (Ishida, Teselmar, Opal) - COMPLETE!

OOC: I am not sure on the rules with Dungeons+Quests. We'll have to check in with someone from the PST who knows this, unless you are certain it is possible. If it is, I am down for going further. Brax had been kind to answer the question. I shall attempt a roll for us.

Opal watched as the three men took turns whittling down the cacti. The woman was not moved by their physical prowess, her body drenched in sweat as she waved a hand back and forth over her body as to help keep her cool. At last, Brax had finally ended the battle and thus the cacti had fallen to his blood frenzied blade. He had much potential as a warrior and a future member of the Knights of the Blood Oath. She would inquire about this to him at a later day to further prove and demonstrate his skills. But it was more than just the needed skills and sword art activation that she needed in a member. Brax...seemed like a good individual, but he lacked some emotion. She did not mind this, it was a nice surprise from those who enjoyed running their mouth at every turn. But she wondered as a whole how he would fit in with her guild. Would he loosen up in their company and be a bit more...life like? Or would he remain as the stoic man of stone as he was now. 

In either case, these questions would have possible answers in the near future, "Good work. You all killed some living plants. I applaud you, now let's find this caravan and get out of this desert." 

Weapons were sheathed, armor jingled and the sound of heavy footsteps continued on through the desert. The Vice Commander had once again lifted her arm up, beads of sweat rolled off her flesh as she brought her hand up to her eyes and looking further forward with a squint, her palm helping in aid of blocking out some of the sun's torturous light. If she didn't know better...she was now looking at a mirage. "Hey! Is that it? Please tell me I am not seeing things..." her voice was sharp over the dull pings of sand against armor as she pointed in the direction of what appeared to be a broken down caravan. The harsh and coarse orange sand was ever rolling on and covering a good deal of the overturned cart. They would need to hurry soon before the sand and wind devoured the contents inside, or they would have to stay and excavate for the package. 

As Opal was making her way through the thick harsh sands, her feet moved like sludge. Her eyes drooped as she moved her hand over her menu, there had to be something in there to lighten the heat from her body. Water bottles she could afford, but she forgot she had the Treasure Seeker Costume which was an airy jacket...but a jacket? She engaged both her ring and jacket in hopes of doing something about this ridiculous heat. 

+2 LD [Treasure Seek Costume Equipped Opal Ring]

ID: 48434
LD: 13+2 = 15[No Dungeon] ;_; OOC: I tried. We should carry on and finish this then. 

Edited by Opal
  • 2 weeks later...

As he looked out on the dunes, the Stalwart Stoic took note of the Vice Commander's voice ringing out of the wind and sand whirling about around them.  It was...unclear as to what she was specifically stating, but the way she had changed her appearance and the direction she was pointing indicated...that perhaps she had found something of noteworthiness in the sands.  If it was indeed what they had been searching for...

Brax turned his head to where she seemed to be moving, motioning to the others to follow their commanding officer into the whirlwind.  "Hey, guys!  I think the Lady Opal has found what we seek.  Come on!"  With that, and knowing that they would follow behind him, the heavily armored man trudged over in the same direction as Opal, in pursuit of what he knew the other's hoped, and maybe himself as well, was the caravan they sought.  She had been right: though it was partially covered and definitely had seen better days, the broken wooden cart buried beneath a thin lather of sand was location they had been questing for.  Working together in relative unison, the party members began to excavate the necessary items for their completion of the task, a smile branching across everyone's face...save for Brax.  Nevertheless, having gotten everything they needed, the party quickly made their way back to Armadillo and to the NPC that held their prize: the <<Survival>> skill.  Not even the harshness of the desert sands could eliminate the buoyed spirits of the party at the chance to finally be rid of the oppressive heat surrounding them.  After finishing up, Brax turned to the people who had accompanied him and spoke, the first words they had said after the long trek back: "I...thank you...everyone, for your help.  Though I might have been able to...go it alone...it was...more logical to attempt the task...with others.  My gratitude...at being available.  Should you require assistance in the future...do not hesitate to request my presence.  Here," he said, opening up his window and sending each a friend request, which they all accepted.  "My contact information, should you require it.  And with that, farewell."  Seeing little more to say and do, and rather intrigued at the opportunity to test out his new skill, Brax turned and left the group to their own devices, heading off to the teleport pad and his next hunting trip.

SUMMARY

Brax - +2 SP + 100 col

Teselmar - +2 SP + 100 col + 4 materials

Ishida - +2 SP + 100 col + 4 materials

Opal - +1 SP + 100 col

THREAD COMPLETE!