[PP-F2] New people, New help (Zeri)

Abandon sits in the tavern late at night after talking to Antofer. and thinks 'God, that was terrible, i hope he recovers' he looks around the tavern is nearly empty, he sits at the far left corner of the bar a whisky in hand. 'God i wish  i could drink my problems away' he slumps down in his chair looking at his drink. a single tear rolls down his face 'my life is ruined' he turns to Candi (His volcano rabbit familiar) "at least i still have you" his voice low and horse, "I'm sorry that i scare you so much Candi" he looks around, the tavern is almost empty 'I'm surprised this isn't the place to be right now... well i guess it is pretty late, oh well' 

Zeri walked into the tavern and walked up to the front and sat down and talked to the NPC. "Well I be dammed! You're the last person that I thought I would see in this place." The man then leaned in and whispered to Zeri, "From what I heard, you had kicked the bucket." "Who else knows about this." "Well, let's try not to spread it anymore." Zeri said with a smile. Then the smile quickly left him and then ask him, "Well, anything new happened since I've been gone. 

"Not much. Except for that guy in the corner looking depressed. Maybe your 'charming personality' can cheer him up." 

Zeri laughed and thought he might as well try it. Zeri walked over to where the owner pointed him and sat down with him. "Hi there. So what's someone like you doing in a place like this." Then he looked at what the guy had. "Hmm..." "You know, there are other ways to deal with problems. Wanna talk about it?"

Abandon looks up at the man hesitantly his eyes clearly bloodshot. Carefully observing Zeri, he takes a drink of his whisky. and looks back down at the table. 'God Damnit' Abandon thinks to himself 'the last thing i need is someone else trying to get to know me...' "I'm not Keen on talking to new people, so unless you know Antofer, " he pauses and shudders slightly, "i suggest you move along" his face cold and primarily expressionless though you can he a hint of sadness in his eyes. the small rabbit hops over to Zeri and starts to nudge him, after doing this for a few seconds she looks up at him as though it wanted to be pet. 

"Why hi little fella." Zeri said to rabbit as he pets her. Then while continuing to pet the guys familiar, he looked up at the person, who was named Abandon, and stares at him for a good moment. "Hmm...you looked like you're troubled by something." Zeri then stopped petting the rabbit and answered his question. "Antofer....I know of him. Wouldn't he be the guy with the flying squirrel everyone's talking about?" 

Zeri then stopped petting the rabbit and looked at the ceiling with a carefree smile. "You know everyone has their own trials they have to go through. I personally don't think that they have to deal with it alone. I do understand that you don't know me and have little reason to trust me yet. But if I can, I'm willing to lend an ear and possibly a hand if you'll let me." Zeri then looked at Abandon, waiting for a response.

Abandon looks around the bar, pauses then sighs 'well if this guy really wants to help, i guess there is no point in denying him, plus i may not live much longer, someone needs to know my story. Maybe he can assist me in protecting Antofer as well' he looks back at the man his face gloomier than before "Okay i will let you know of my troubles. however i will not do it here. Come, join me at my room at the inn. i will try to make you a snack, and if you wish, i will relay to you my story." he gets up and grabs his jacket off the back of the chair, and scooping up the bunny. he then begins to leave the tavern not paying attention to whether the strange man is following 'if he wants to help, he will follow' he thinks to himself

"Ok. Lead the way." Zeri said as he got up from his chair. While Zeri was walking with Abandon, he suddenly felt something strange. He didn't know where it was coming from so he brushed it off and said to himself, "Must be the owner staring me down again."  Zeri yawned and said to Abandon, "You don't have to make a snack for me, but thanks for the offer Abandon." Zeri then opened his menu and began to look through it while he waited to hear Abandon's story.

Edited by Zeri

Abandon opens the door to the room. its a mess, broken glass clutters the ground, though the smell of fresh muffins waft out at you. "Watch your step" abandon says as he waves the man in. the room was dimly lit and had a creepy feel to it. "So you want to know my story." he looks at the man as he leads him to the kitchen. Abandon pulls a chair out for the man and sits down in his own game, then he looks up. "before i start my story let me ask you a question, have you ever felt like your not in control of your body? Have you ever felt like someone else has hold of your emotions? Have you ever felt like you were insane?"

Zeri looked at Abandon's room and thought that he would never see the day that he saw a room that was messier than his in the real world. Then the scent of fresh muffins attacked him as well. He was tempted to take one but decided not to. "There is a very omninus feeling coming from this room." Zeri said to himself as he sat down. Then Abandon ask him a question. 

"before i start my story let me ask you a question, have you ever felt like your not in control of your body? Have you ever felt like someone else has hold of your emotions? Have you ever felt like you were insane?"

Then Zeri thought back to that horrible night. "Yea, I had that feeling once before." "And I'm glad I haven't felt it in a while too."  Zeri said to himself while looking away from Abandon. "Why you ask?" Zeri asked Abandon, having a feeling he already knows the answer.

Edited by Zeri

Abandon looks down slightly, "My life thus far has been one of these things." He looks back up at the man "Upon entering this game i have felt a presence, out of fear, i began worship this entity. This entity, The Void, is the Epitome of misery and suffering, i hear it in my mind and it can take over my body against my will." he shudders slightly "once i started worshiping it i knew exactly what it was and what it could do." he pauses for a moment "If you cant tell i am a very cynical person, I don't like having to trust anyone. You and Antofer are currently the only exceptions to this, don't think that i trust you immensely, just that i don't feel un-trusting of you. I don't like people." he sudders again "Though i have yet to kill anyone in this game, this voice has continuously urged me and prompted me to kill Antofer sense we had become friends and be it that i have been falling unconscious recently and waking up in a different location then when i passed out, and that the last time i did, i attacked him, I know he is safe with me. So you do me a favor and ill do one for you, My end is that you protect Antofer from me, you can choose what you want in return."

"Void? I knew this game became a living hell the moment we couldn't log out, but how can something like that exist?" Zeri sad with a worried look on his face. Zeri continued to warp his head around this as Abandon continued. "I can understand why you have trouble trusting someone. But there has to be a way to get rid of that entity." "I guess I should do some research into this to see what I can do."

Zeri got up and started to walk around with a worried look all over his face, ignoring all of the broken glass that he was stepping on. "Something like that has NO RIGHT to exist here. There's got to be a way to rid you of that curse without harming you." Then Zeri stopped where his was and looked Abandon dead into his eyes and said, "My favor is for you to help me find a way to rid you of this troublesome curse."

Abandon sighs, "If that is want you would like then so be it, I will not resist as myself, but i can only promise that as long as i am in control, If The Void were to take me over then, you must realize, my actions are not of my own accord." He gets up Candi still on his shoulder who then jumps of and lands on the table. "Now that i think about it i dont believe i asked you your name, nor have i introduced myself. I am Abandon, Who are you?" 

Edited by Thedarkwolf

"I'll do my best to assist you in any way I possibly can that doesn't conflict too badly against my beliefs." Zeri said in a knightly way, almost tempted to take a bow. 

Abandon the introduced himself and then Zeri began to do the same. "Zeri is my name." Then Zeri looked at the bunny at then said to himself, "I really should take that quest to gain a familiar soon."

Zeri then turned his attention from the familiar to Abandon and asked him, "How did this 'Void' managed to gain control of you?"

Abandon look confused for a moment "I guess it was because... I honestly have now idea, I mean I'm not well versed on psychology or religion. Be it that i believe that it is one of those two things. I can of course only assume that it is a religious entity that has access to you by you at some point acknowledging it. so the fact that i acknowledged it when it first felt it would be how it began to control me. Now don't get me wrong i have tried just, well, Ignoring it. However it doesn't seem to get it to go away. Almost as if once you allow it access to you once, you cannot deny it access to you again." he looks down with a face more thoughtful then anything else "And i would also believe, from what i know, that it can only access this world through possession, this being because it is stuck in its own unholy realm and it uses the people it possesses to help it free itself of said realm. And be it that Antofer, and now subsequently you, is trying to 'fix me' and get rid of it, it sees you as someone trying to get in its way, and will do whatever it can to either kill you or control you instead. It also appears to me that it cannot possess more than one person at a time, though it can access more than one person at a time." he looks up at you "So be careful"

"Hmm, since it's been here a while, there has to be some text somewhere. I'll look into it when I get the chance."  Zeri then thought to himself and said, "Maybe that quest I've heard about from him can be proven some help. But there's no guarantee."

Then Abandon then mention that the Void now sees me as a threat and will do whatever possible to remove me as a threat. Then he mentioned that it cannot posses more than one person at a time. "Well, I guess that this curse has a blessing. Let's hope that it doesn't  learn how to possess more than one person, we'll have a major epidemic on our hands."

Then Abandon told me to be careful. Zeri then chuckled, almost confidently and said to Abandon, "Heh. I'm a tough nut to crack. So I'll sure be fine as long as I don't acknowledge its presence. But right now we should try to find some ways to help suppress this feeling for the time being. Wouldn't you agree?"

Abandon looks at Zeri his eyes seem to have some slight amount of hope in them. "Yeah... maybe that is what we should do first, What do you suggest we do in order to suppress it. I honestly have no idea what we would do. I mean it is getting late, but unless you want to sleep, how about we go back to the bar and have a few drinks on me? you can stay here afterwords if you'd like and we can do something in the morning, ill even make you breakfast." his normally monotone voice portraying an unusual sense of hope and happiness as he begins to walk to the door. 'you know something Xic, this kid may be on to something, maybe i really can be cured... but then again maybe not' he thinks to himself 'Oh well its probably best to stay positive... however you do that'

"I might have an idea but I'm not quite sure if it'll work, or if you have a high enough level. So I'll check around to see what I can do." Zeri said to Abandon. Then Abandon mention about getting some sleep. "You can go ahead I'm not quite tired yet." So Zeri went and go lean on a wall and then a something told him to equip his armor. So he went into his menu and equipped his 'Cuirass of Immortality'. Then he just sat at the wall just and though about something. "Maybe this void won't make him try to attack me while he is trying to sleep. So I'll just wait a while and play things by ear." Zeri then equipped 'Chaosbreaker'. "Just to be sure."

"Yeah, i will go to bed, Night" Abandon says as he starts to walk away. when suddenly he stops, becomes very dizzy and begins to shake violently. before Zeri can do anything Abandon Has hold of Zeris Cuirass and looks him dead in the eyes. Abandon's eyes now completely bloodshot and his voice acceptionally low and creepy. "You think you can take what is mine away from me?" he asks then laughs like a mad man, "You couldnt take him if you tried. I am The Void and i claim this man as mine." he then runs out the door, running as fast as he can he makes it to a cliff right outside the city. he looks out over it and draws his weapon if "If i cant have This Man in life i will have him in death!" he jabs the sword into his own chest and falls off the cliff to his death.

Edited by Thedarkwolf

Zeri took a deep breath and then the next thing he knew was Abandon grabbing his armor and started speaking in a low tone. "Void!?" Then it began speaking about he couldn't take Abandon away from it. Zeri angrily said in response, "Watch me! I will rid this place of you, I swear it!" Next thing he knew he was dropped on the floor and Abandon took off. Zeri tired to grab him but his armor and his weapon weighed him down too much for him to catch up with him on time. Zeri watched as Abandon grabbed his weapon, stabbed himself with it and fell off the cliff. Zeri couldn't do put anything but watch. Zeri grabbed his sword and swung at the nearest tree with maximum force, nearly destroying it. "DAMN! I swear by this sword and by the vow I made to him, I WILL rid this place of this evil entity." Zeri grabbed his sword and made the long trip back to town.