Zelrius stood in the settlement of Nimbus, early today weird as it may seem. Rarely did the golden haired boy get up so early for anything other than a boss fight. With his arrogant smile no longer present under the skull of the Hydra and his Lord Blackfyre cloak keeping him warm in the midsts of the cold mountain tops, Zelrius had messaged a certain Brigadier, of whom he had ever really gotten the chance to know or talk to/.  The boy stared out over the fortress of a city that lay on top of Floor 7. Nimbus was an exceptionally quiet little location in the lower floors. Most people seemed to simply like the Winter Wonderland of Floor 4 more. To which, The Commandant couldn't blame them, Nimbus was crawling with guards and NPC soldiers at all times, like a Stronghold on the defensive side of some war. Over the Horizon, the sun rose, its orange light brightly piercing through the faint blue light that often loomed in the mornings. With a sigh he stood, his cloak flaring and revealing the two sheaths on either side of his body. Along with them, the pedant's jingling around his neck and his tuxedo becoming slightly ruffled. Now, the Golden haired boy awaited the arrival of the person he had invited.

He didn't really expect her to show up at all. He found that no matter how hard he tried to socialize with the Brigadier, she never said anymore than a few words at a time to him. With a Sigh, he waited a top the Guard tower in the center of the city, Looking down at the lands and mountains that sprawled for several miles throughout the Floor.

Manta sighed, unable to understand why she kept accepting Zelrius's invitations. He kept sending them to her and she kept accepting them. He hadn't actually sent her that many invites, but for some reason they always seemed to get together and then never say anything meaningful to each other. All she knew was that, even with all of the times she had met him, she still thought that he was overly arrogant. Maybe she was wrong and there was more to him, but until he did something to prove to her otherwise, her opinion wasn't going to change. She arrived on the seventh floor and made her way to the center, to the guard tower, where they were supposed to be meeting. She sighed, standing in front of the entrance, setting one of her hands on the pommel of her rapier. She didn't know why she was so nervous, but that didn't change the facts. She pushed open the door and made her way over to the stairs, slowly ascending them until she reached the top.

Edited by Manta Gaul

As he heard footsteps approach up the stairs, the Boys face lit up with a slight bit of relief and happiness, only to fade away again before anything was visible. The last thing he wanted to show Manta, of all people, was that he was genuinely happy she came along. It was clear that she didn't enjoy his company in the least, yet somehow found herself alongside of the Commandant for an adventure. Quite honestly, Zelrius didn't know why she kept coming along either. The two rarely spoke when in the same area, and Zelrius avoided her around the Guild Hall and what not. Still here she was, and the golden haired boy lifted the Hydra skull off of his face to seem more friendly. As it came off, his expression was blank, the Arrogant smirk having disappeared since the Christmas party held by Kiru. He no longer wore it, but that didn't stop him from still being unable to reveal his true emotions on a constant basis - a habit to hide them by now.

"Salutations and Good morning, Lady Gaul. I presume you don't want to stay around here for too long and chit-chat with your Commandant, so we should get a move on." As much as he wanted to sit on top of that tower and have a conversation wtih a Brigadier from his Guild, Zelrius felt slightly self-conscious around a handful of people, one of them being Manta. Self-conscious to the point where he made hasty assumptions and spoke in short hand phrases.

He pulled back on his gloves of Midas as he searched through his map data. "To the west here is a semi-difficult dungeon. Either we can head there, or we can search for another one. However, before all that, you and I haven't done a lot of fighting together, I'd like to take to the Fields and warm-up a bit, get used to coordinating with each other. Is that okay with you?"

He eath thine Turkey Leg of Prosperity +3

Edited by Zelrius

Manta entered the top of the guard tower, Zel being the first thing she saw. She was shocked when she saw that he wasn't hiding behind his Hydra Skull, and even more shocked when there wasn't an arrogant grin on his face. It was just sort of.. neutral. Still, it was incredibly strange and it threw her off. "Um, yeah. Good morning to you too." She replied as he immediately bombarded her with a good morning, an assumption, and then him saying that they should get a move on. It appeared that she wasn't the only one uncomfortable being alone with the other. "Semi difficult doesn't sound hard enough. I say that we hunt for a harder one." She said, voicing her opinion. "Um, sure, we can do that too." She answered. She didn't really get why he wanted to try to figure out how to best team up with her now. The last times they had fought together he had just decimated all of the monsters before she could do anything.

It wasn't so much that Zelrius was uncomfortable, it was that he could feel that she really didn't like him, despite how hard he tried to get along with her.  As she voiced they should go for more difficulty, He grinned, happy to oblige. "Well, More difficult means it could take longer..." For some reason, He felt like Manta wouldn't want to do something with him if it meant more time. "Did you bring necessary supplies for a Day-long trip, then? If not, We can do something easier or I can contact Dom to send us over some Supplies." He wasn't sure if she would still come along or not, regardless of which, he'd forge onward on his own, albeit a bit sad. 

Zelrius went on down into the fields below the Mountain Fortress of Nimbus, equipping only one of his blades, this was used in order to grind a group of monsters quickly. He activated a Bloodrage Crystal, along with Blood of the Champions, before charging forth and crushing them in an instant.

16 Holy +3 Bloodrage +2 BoC + 5 Charge = 26*11 = 286 ID 48398 BD8 LD20+5SD = 25+3 HoM

Zelrius 200/200HP E:28/50
Manta

Mountain Elk 0/220 HP 55 Mitigation

Scales + 10x Multiple = 20x Col Multiplier. Ld 28, Bonus Mats

17600 Col

8 Materials.

Edited by Zelrius

Manta smiled at Zelrius, the first time she had done so. For some reason she hadn't expected him to be so straight-forward with his reply. She didn't exactly know why, but she had expected an arrogant reply, and if the words themselves weren't arrogant, she had expected the familiar arrogant grin. The same grin that had been strangely absent the entire time they had been talking. "I have some food and water, probably plenty for the amount of time that we'll be gone." She replied, surprised at how much more likeable he was when the grin was gone. She followed him out of Nimbus, and to a group of mobs, only to see him decimate them all in one move. This really wasn't them learning to work together, it was just the same thing that had been happening before. She sighed, supposing that it really couldn't be helped as Zelrius was so far ahead of her in the damage department. They just couldn't really do anything considered teamwork.  She clapped as he finished, trying to be respectful. She could never be certain if Zelrius was showing off or not.

He sheathed the sword and turned to her clapping, his face in more of a frown than blank now. "I don't need your applause. Don't praise or 'suck up'. If I wanted to hear someone kiss my ass all day, I'd have invited literally anyone else in Azure. There's a reason I invited you, and the last thing I want is for that reason to be a waste of my time." It was true enough; everywhere he went, no matter who he went with, there were only two people. One; The group that despised him and hated everything he was, and the other group, His 'Friends'. If you could call them that. Who would kiss his feet it he told them too, the people he hated more than the other group. Shizuka and Most of the rest of the Brigade fell into that second group, and Zelrius hated it more than anything. It was one of the many reasons he hated having Dual Blades and being so powerful; He lost anyone and everyone he called Friend with Kiru being the exception. The only issue with Kiru; Zelrius loved her, and he knew Kiru would never love him back, for she was still in love with Keith, another fact that made Zelrius hate his own being so much. For some reason, even though Keith was dead and Zelrius was alive, Kiru still chose Keith.

Regardless of all that, he had invited Manta along to hopefully now find a Friend in her. She had already mentioned that she was with someone else, and Zelrius felt no physical attraction to her. Making Manta the best candidate for an actual Friend. "Are you not going to kill any monsters?"

Manta frowned right back at Zelrius. "It's nice that you don't need it, but im not sucking up, regardless of whether or not im praising you. If I see something that I find impressive or awesome im going to praise it, whether or not you want me to. That goes for everyone. I don't need to suck up to people to get what I want." She explained, a confrontational look in her eyes. She didn't care that he was the supposed 'Hero of Aincrad'. She kept her hand on the pommel of her rapier, looking over at him as he asked if she was going to kill any monsters or not. Se unsheathed her rapier and walked a bit further into the field, singling out one of the Mountain Elks. She charged in, her blade glowing red, and started stabbing and twirling until the mob ran out of health and burst into pixels. "Done."

ID# 48569 results:

Battle: 9 Crit! (1(Base)+5(Skills)+6(Weapon)+1(Crit)+5(Charge)=18x13=234

Loot: 13=895 Col, 1 Mat

Mountain Elk: 0/179 (-179) 55 Mit

Edited by Manta Gaul

As Manta spoke, Zelrius slightly narrowed his eyesm,but quickly relaxed his expression, realizing that she wasn't meaning it in a rude way. He let out an exasperated breath, taking another stroll along the fields to find more monsters. "Keep it that way. Don't suck up, ever. Especially to me. I am glad you weren't in that instance, and I appreciate the compliment, but honestly, Ssendom blows me out of the water when it comes to general Monster grinding." As the Brigadier destroyed a Mountain Elk, Zelrius simply walked past her, drawing his weapons again to obliterate another group of them before looking at his energy Gauge. "Empty again, why am I not surprised?" He shook his head and sheathed his weapon. "I'll be taking a step back for a bit while my energy comes back,"  

ID 49075 BD 8 LD 4+8 = 12.

16 Holy +3 Bloodrage +2 BoC + 5 Charge = 26*11 = 286

Zelrius 200/200 E:28/50

Manta ???/??? E: ??/??

Mountain Elk 0/220 HP 55 Mitigation

Scales + 10x Multiple = 20x Col Multiplier. Ld 28, Bonus Mats

35200 Col

12 Materials.

Edited by Zelrius

Manta nodded to Zelrius, taking a break from her own fighting. It really wasn't all that entertaining, and got quite boring after a while. It was just the same movements over and over again. She supposed that she would just take out one more. After all, they were grinding and she did have plenty of energy. Then she changed her mind. She didn't want Zel to have to wait on her, and he did have a lot more energy than her. She was already missing a good amount, so she waited for it t regenerate as well.

Zelrius 200/200 E:28/50

Manta 144/144 E: 24/36

Edited by Manta Gaul
  • 2 weeks later...

"So," The Blonde boy began after he sheathed his weapons and awaited his energy guage to fill up so he could continue slaughtering monsters and getting their phat lootz. "Anything new with you, Manta?" He asked, remembering she didn't quite like the 'Lady' part he usually addressed all Females with, which coincided with the 'Sir' Part he added to Most Males he talked to. The one's he had respect for anyway. Maybe Zelrius would ask why she didn't like it, given most people he addressed in the Olden English manner were quite fond of the style of attention directing.