[COMPLETED] [PP-F1] <<Making A Living>> An Artist in the Kitchen (Opal)

Snow's cheeks were kissed with a rosy hue when Opal hip checked her at the comment. Since coming to Aincrad, dating had been an idea far from her mind. Most of the other Refugees didn't handle their predicament well, none the less a prospect at a relationship. Many of them were also younger than her and often, Snow played a big sister role to the little ones. The prospect of finding a boyfriend didn't occur to her until now, at Opal's playful comment.

The hue of her cheeks deepened. Luckily, Opal continued without looking for Snow's reaction. It provided enough time for the girl to pat her face free of the discomfort.

However, as Opal continued, she mentioned her siblings on the outside. Snow never had such a luxury, but always wondered what it would be like. Then, Opal inferred that Snow would have made an acceptable sister. Instead of a rosy hue in her cheeks, Snow felt a warmth of acceptance. Perhaps Daire really did send someone to be her rock - her pillar of support when Snow felt she could go no further. The young valkyrie smiled.

"I'm glad too," she remarked softly and with timid notes.

As they crossed back over into the safe zone, Snow watched Opal switch to her more comfortable attire. With a sigh of relief, Snow also followed suit. She navigated her menus and quickly selected her usual attire. While she was grateful for Hikoru's gift, the aesthetic of black went against her personal preferences. Plus, the hoodie on this warm day was quite stifling. With a shift of light, Snow's attire materialized.

"Alright, will do Opal," the blonde replied. She walked past her new friend and began toward Angel's cafe. Before the ventured too far, Snow looked back to the strong femme fatale.

"And thanks again. I hope we get to do something like this more often."

Snow smiled warmly, then continued back toward the cafe where she would begin her journey as a cook on Aincrad.

"I've met some amazing people, Daire," Snow internalized. "I see now why you decided to leave the Refuge. It's not as scary out here as everyone made it sound. I've made friends. I've learned to fight. I wish you could see me. I know you'd be proud."

{Fin~}