[F1-PP] Candy Hunt (Zero)

"Damn, where is Candy Horse when you need him, guess I'm hunting alone." Lazarus looked at the horizon below him, a lush forest filled with vegetables but no candy. He nearly vomited at the thought of green foods like spinach, it reminded him of that spinach water he drank the other day, mistaking it for candy water. "Ugh... Greens, I hate those." Lazarus pulled out a lollipop from his right arm stash and put it on the left side of his mouth mumbling a few words, "I wonder if I'll get any luck today." Without a candy horse Lazarus was just Lazarus, not the valiant (sweet) candy man riding his noble (sugary) steed off into the sunset.

Zero rested on the branch to one to the many trees on the first flood, a bad habit of his being falling asleep outside of safe zones on floors that were not the fifth to avoid most players. He usually ignored anyone who happened by and let them be, only stopping them when he felt like feeding his sword or felt the urge to service someone. Today was going to be just another routine rest then a drink in town followed by heading back to the fifth floor to waste his time like always, but his eyes cracked open when he faintly heard the voice near him. He sat up on the branch and hopped over to the origin of the voice, spotting a player.

“Hey you need any help hun?” He slipped his hands into his coat and smiled slightly, mistaking the player before him for a girl. Zero was never good a telling apart people’s genders sometimes, this being one of those times and Zero still holding onto a shred of his old overly-courteous, chivalrous nature.

"You bet your sugar cakes I do, I just lost a big load of candy trying to kill a boar. Hey, you just called me hun didn't ya'? Look pal, I'm no man or woman, I'm a candy man so get it right." Lazarus looked at him coolly finishing the lollipop he ate and replacing it with a brownie. "Hey, you like sweets don't ya'? How 'bout helpin' me out with this material gathering thing, I could always use an extra hand in my quest for candy..." He looked around for a material while fantasizing about all the candy he'll be swimming in, a true paradise for the sugar-holic candy man called Lazarus. "Damnit! No candy for me today."

ID#49521
LD: 7

Edited by Lazarus

Zero blinked surprised at the players completely bizarre attitude and looked them over from bottom to top. “Uh, sorry then? I didn’t mean to misidentify you.” He watched quietly as they pulled out one candy and replaced it with another; he felt unsure on how to deal with the person before him. A hand slipped out of his coat’s pocket and scratched the back of his head. “Uh, yeah I guess I like sweets and I guess I could help you out. If I get something out of it that is…” He was slightly hesitant due to this person’s bizarre personality, but it was a change from the usual idiots he dealt with. “I’m called Zero by the way… What’s your name, uh, sweet cheeks?”

"And what more could you want out of this besides some candy? I've only got two stashes left of this stuff, if you find some materials for me I'd sweeten' the deal pal." Lazarus finished the brownie and pulled out a candy cane from his stomach, putting it on the left side of his mouth aiming to make it sharp. "I reckon you yourself would like a personal stash, so whadd'ya say? It's only a walk in the candy fields, like stealing candy from a babe." A cracking sound came from his mouth as he finished the candy cane and pulled out a pie from his shirt sleeve, stuffing his face with the sweet deliciousness. Lazarus checked the area around him while chomping on his pie, "Damn, no materials."

ID#49524
LD: 14

Edited by Lazarus

He scratched his quietly, unsure of what to make of the person before him, and watched them as they began to search for ingredients. His eyes surveyed the nearby area, finding it to be void of anyone else, then snapped back onto the candy crazed individual. “Well, items are of more use to me than simple candy to be honest. Potions, crystals, pretty much anything useful for battle, and while I do like candy my affection towards it is not as potent as yours. He crouched down as he spoke and began to sift through the plants he could find. “There are plenty of herbs here you can use to make candy of different kinds, just need to know where to look. As for my payment, I’m sure we can arrange something. Right sweet cheeks?”

He carefully searched among the flora, finding peculiar pinkish colored herb that smelled similar to cotton candy and holding it out for Lazarus. "See? This is the type of plants I was talking about, here catch.” He tossed the plant at the candy addict and gave them a slight smile. “You better make sure my compensation is good or else luv. Not that I’d want to harm that girlish face.” He joked slightly and chuckled at his own joke.

ID# 49751 LD:17

+1 Material

"Girlish face, what the hell are you talkin' about?" Lazarus was confused, did he really think he was a girl? "Out of all the fellas I've met, you're the strangest. Not one boy or girl mistaked me for what I'm not. I'm a candy man pal, and nothing else." He searched for materials around a bed of clovers, finding a four leafed clover but seeing no materials in sight. Lazarus sighed and put some pancakes in his mouth, making sure to add the syrup in right after. "You shoof try fhis shometimesh." It was hard to speak with sugary pancakes in his mouth, then the syrup starting to fall from his mouth. "Ah crap!" He shouted.

ID#49754
Loot 3

Edited by Lazarus

“I suppose I am a bit of an oddball among the people around here, but I’m being honest with you sweet cheeks.” He genuinely smiled at Lazarus and scratched his head slightly embarrassed. “I’ve never been too good at telling boys and girls apart when I find their faces appealing to the eyes. Sorry.” He admitted a bit embarrassed and went back to searching for more materials. “I don’t mean to be weird, but it’s just how I am is all. If it bothers or annoys you let me know and I’ll correct my behavior.”

He tried to pull out an herb similar to the one he had previously found. “Great two in a row.” He smiled as he tried to pull the herb out only to break it and cause it to disappear. “Ah damn it…”

ID# 49776 LD: 6

"Woah pal, no need to change your core personality over somethin' silly like that. I like candy, you like uhh.... Let's just go with girls." Lazarus pulled out his knife and flipped it, doing one of the many magic tricks he learned. The knife disappeared in a second, and then appeared in his left hand. "I can tell that you're a bit flirty judging from your face, that's just what my candy tells me anyways." He used the knife to dig at the dirt, which is a bad idea. The candy man hoped to find a material to trade for an entirely new stash, after all candy was pretty cheap in Aincrad yet he stole tons of it daily. Lazarus sadly found nothing besides a clump of dirt which didn't even taste good.

ID#49778
Loot 2

Edited by Lazarus

Zero found his companion’s personality a bit humorous and somewhat appreciated their straightforwardness. “Thanks, I do suppose it’s a silly notion for me to worry about something like and to try to change myself just to make someone else feel more comfortable.” He glanced at Lazarus when he mentioned Zero’s liking was towards girls. “I wouldn’t say girls to be honest, just girl appearing. I don’t really mind whether the individual has something between their legs or not.” He admitted somewhat bluntly and went back to searching for materials. The platinum haired young man listened quietly when he was called flirty due to his appearance and let out a slight laugh, finding it amusing to hear someone call him flirty. “Never been called flirty, at least no while I’m sober. After a few drinks, yeah, but never when sober. Thanks though sweet cheeks, appreciate the compliment.”

He dug into the dirt for a while not finding anything and sighed as he turned to the left. He started to dig into the ground and glanced at Lazarus. “You seem like a pretty easy going person by the way, most people are annoyingly loud and pains to be with.”

ID# 49980 LD: 12 Fail

"You can't really say I'm an easy goin' kind of guy, I'm not exactly collecting all this candy for me to eat. I'm collecting it for my sister." Lazarus paused then laughed, "Sorry, I might sound like a liar since she's not in SAO. That doesn't really matter though, if I see another sad kid I could give them candy, only if they aren't annoying though." He did a long sigh and looked over to Zero. "So, how's your folks in the real world? Mine are usually workin' in hospitals or whatever." He popped sixteen peppermints in his mouth and finished them in one bite, and then he stuffed his face with slices of chocolate cake. "Frrr, frrrrfffr, frrfrr, frrr?" Lazarus realized he wasn't speaking correctly then swallowed. "Sorry, was going to ask if you had a little sister." He got back to work and found no materials.

ID#50177
Loot 5

Edited by Lazarus

He laughed slightly when Lazarus mentioned having a little sister and glanced at him. He smiled at the strange player when they mentioned that they had been searching for candy in order to give to kids, unless they were annoying of course “I’m fond of children myself, they don’t irritate me like others seem to constantly do. Although it is true some kids are a bit anno-“ He stopped himself at the mention of his parents and looked at the ground for a few seconds before letting out a sigh, going back to digging. “My parents are… Heh, they’re sick. Have been for a long time, it’s been me my older sister for most of my life.” He dug into the dirt, not finding anything, and laughed when his companion spoke with his mouth full .“No, I don’t have a little sister. All I have is an older sister who’s most likely lost somewhere in this game.”

ID# 50180 LD: 2