[PP-F1] A New Day (Ranmura and Lazarus) (Complete)

Evander rubbed at his eyes as he walked through the streets of Horunka village. The sun shone down on the small refuge in the forest. Last night had been quite an ordeal- he had could have died in the forest, with monsters all around, but he had made it to this safe zone. Evander winced- he could still feel where the branches had cut him as he ran through the trees. Well, it was a new day, and time to see what was in this small village amongst the trees. The birds chirped in the sky, and the people walked about merrily. Vendors began to open their stores, advertising their wares to the world to hear. Evander put his hands behind his head and looked up at the blue sky. A slight breeze blew through the streets. He had a feeling this was going to be a good day.

Edited by Evander

Ranmura spotted a boy walking in the village, she thought it'd be fun to talk to him so she did just that. She hastily walked up to him while smiling (Permanent smile). "Hey, why do you look tired? Want to die! Looking to suicide because you're bored of life? You were probably alright before I talked to you, but now you're all fright! Nya ha ha! Did you like the pun? I know you lke it more than you like me. Hey, want to go on a walk? I promise that you wont be extra crispy when we're done." Ranmura kept looking at him with her smiling face looking eager to go on that walk.

You know, maybe he could just relax today, right? He had a pretty bad day yesterday, and- whoa, whoa, someone is talking to him. Great. Social contact. This was the first time he had to do it in what, three days? The last time he could remember was when he was at the Monument of Life and trying to console- he should probably be listening. He only caught the pun thing (right and fright? wasn't really a pun, more of a rhyme), and liking it more than liking her? And a walk? The speaker- a girl- looked pretty short, and she was smiling. Huh. He would of thought she was depressed (the whole liking it more than her thing), but she looked fine. The smile looked a bit off, like too happy or something, but he hadn't seen someone smile in a long time, so he was probably imagining things. "First of all, that wasn't really a pun, more of a rhyme, and, well, I don't even know anything about you, so how can I be the judge of that?" Evander said while trying to smile. Shoot! Evander's smile turned into a grimace. That was really stupid to say. He probably made her feel even worse. Geez, his social skills really had worn down. "Sorry, sorry, ignore that last part, and a walk?" He didn't really want to, but he didn't really have any plans, and he probably had to do some psychological stuff on her so that she could spill the beans about her sorry sob story, and- wow, that was pretty harsh, even for thoughts. Evander sighed. He really needed this socializing. He was quickly turning into a pretty mean person. He needed to be kinder, and help her with whatever was wrong. That was what a good person did. Of course, best case scenario, there was nothing actually wrong and he didn't have to do anything. Oh yeah, he had to answer the question. "Sure, a walk sounds good about now. Any place in particular you would like to head to?"

Ranmura stared at his face while smiling and laughed as if she enjoyed his sadness, "You're funny, not like the other people I've met. Hey, do you like jokes? Of course you do! Where does Obi-Wan Kenobi go to buy his light sabers? The maul.  Nya ha ha! Did you get the joke, or are you just a sad little boy. Oh! I've got it, you like food right? Or do you like girls, or boys, or kittens, or dogs. Maybe you like schoolgirl uniforms like mine! Nevermind, let's talk about death! I like watching people get stabbed by thousands of needles and die slowly while they look in a mirror. Nya ha ha! The red color is just so beautiful!"

Edited by Ranmura

Well, being funny to her was good, it implied that she enjoyed his company in particular on some subconscious level (thank goodness for that one psychology class he took on a whim), and wow she talked fast. Okay, in fact, he did like jokes, sort of, he guessed, and pulling out some Star Wars now, wasn't she. Of course he got the joke, he wasn't stupid (or, he supposed, some one who had never heard of Star Wars), he did in fact like food, girls and boys, sure, he had an appreciation for humanity, kittens, not so much, they were kind of creepy to him with their yellow eyes, and pretty lazy to boot, dogs, he liked them because they were loyal, schoolgirl uniforms? It would be pretty weird and creepy to like those, though technically not really, he supposed, since he himself was in school, and death. Wow. This conversation just got serious, man, time for some philosophical talks now. Ah, Evander enjoyed philosophy, and- whoa, needles, whoa, slow death and mirrors, and red (assumed that was symbolic of the blood). Man, this got disturbing. Maybe she was hurt psychologically somehow by needles and death of a loved one? Wow. Okay.

Evander put a hand on the girl's shoulder. Smile (that gave a sense of comfort and acceptance), and talk calmly (please don't let off any sense of disturbance, please don't let off any sense of disturbance). "Yes, I got the joke. Referring to Darth Maul, right? That was a clever way of using his name." Good, open up with something comfortable, something she could relate to (she obviously loved jokes and puns). Now, for the serious part. "Hey, listen, are you okay? Do you need to talk to someone about your problems? I'm okay with listening. You can tell me, I guess, if you want to." Okay, that could have been worded a little (a lot) better, but it was acceptable for now. Oh yeah, she didn't actually say where she wanted to walk to, and this was going to be awkward if they just stood here with his hand on her shoulder (he should probably take it off, yeah, okay, hand off). "And, also, you didn't really say where you wanted to walk to. Do you want to walk in the village? Maybe they have a fountain we can go look at? Or maybe, do you want to walk in the forest? It can be pretty peaceful in there, among the trees." Okay, some awkwardly worded questions, but it worked for now, hopefully.

Ranmura stared into his eyes while smiling (permanent smile) and had that creepy look on her face (the smile!) that would mean 'I enjoy the hand on my shoulder, thanks.' . "Nya ha ha! You think I need help? You crazy boy, you really think there's something wrong with me? I'm just always happy! I've gone to psychiatrists before and they all said I was fine, fine fine fine! It's been so long since somebody thought I was crazy, it's so fun! Especially when I get to see them bleeding on the floor begging for mercy, nya ha ha! So, how about we walk down to that fountain of blo-, I mean fountain you were talking about, it'll be fun!" Her words seemed truthful, but there was a tad bit of questionable things in there. Other than that, her mouth would suggest that she's a normal, bubbly girl, when in reality she isn't.

Edited by Ranmura

Alright, okay, so she was just a little crazy, and apparently had gotten some help from psychologists before Aincrad, though it didn't really work. Great. Man, he wasn't any professional psychologist, what would he do? And, wow, that was a whole lot of smiling going on there. There was obviously something really wrong here. He kind of just wanted to back away slowly and run away into the woods, but that was cowardly, and he wasn't going to be a coward. He had looked death in the eye and survived, there was no way a human was going to creep him out. Also, she wanted to go to the fountain. Great. He wasn't even sure there was a fountain. He had just made that up to seem friendly and offer more choices than just town or forest. Note to self- don't offer anything that doesn't exist, even if you're sure they won't choose it. "Okay, let's go see the fountain!" Evander said cheerfully. Just hide your discomfort for now, you aren't going to be able to make a lot of change just in one conversation, but hopefully you can influence her. Okay, now there was just the question of where to walk to. Welp, whatever. Evander started walking in a random direction. "Just follow me!" Yep, okay, good, all fine and dandy. Now, let's start up some conversation that isn't about blood spewing around everywhere and stuff. "So, how are you doing in SAO? Meet any interesting people?" Eh, for the first thing his mind thought of, it wasn't too bad.

Edited by Evander

Ranmura made a wider smile and jumped onto Evander's back. "I'm lazy! You're carrying me there. Hey, want to hear some jokes while we walk? What do you call Max Payne with four broken bones? Max in pain. Nya ha ha! Oh, I did meet one interesting person, you, you crazy boy! You never told me if you liked schoolgirl uniforms or not, do you like mine? Is it cute? Would you wear it if I gave it to you?" She put her arms around his head being careful not to choke him out like she would do to strangers.

Whoa, okay, whoa there, she's on his back, is she going to try to kill him even though they're in a safe zone, what in the- calm down, Evander, calm down. At least she wasn't trying to choke him to death or anything like that. Okay. Evander took a deep breath, clearing his mind, then continued walking. It was a good thing he had been training over the past few days, otherwise he could have dropped her. Man, she was like fifteen or something, and she wanted piggy-back rides? Okay, whatever. Okay, another joke, great. Evander fake-chuckled a little (she really, really liked  pretty disturbing jokes, didn't she), trying to not be rude. And he was apparently the only interesting person she had met here, and he was also called crazy. Well, so much for that shot at a conversation starter. And now she was asking him about her outfit (great), and whether he would want to wear it? Uhh, no thank you please. "Your outfit looks nice on you! It really, uh, suits your character!" Ughh, he shouldn't have said uh, that showed he was trying to dig for a compliment to say. He needed to sound more natural. "I don't think it would really fit me, though. Too feminine for my tastes. So, I'm the most interesting person you met, huh? That's kind of you to say. So, uh" there he went with the uh's again, "did you see any interesting sights here in Aincrad? Any cool waterfalls, or fish, or anything like that?" Oh geez, he had no idea where he was going, uh, turn right here? Sure, whatever. Maybe just walk in a whole loop around the village, and she might forget about the fountain.

Edited by Evander

Lazarus walked around the roads of Horunka village capturing the scenery in his imagination to convert into a candy wonderland. The trees and dirt looked like chocolate and frosting, the people especially looked like cupcakes. That was when his mouth opened as he stared at the boy carrying the white haired girl. "What a cupcake." He smiled. Lazarus walked up to them and greeted the two, "Yo." A pile of candies then fall from his shirt sleeves and stomach, "Ah damn! My candy!" Lazarus picks them up swiftly and looks back at them while inserting a chocolate cake into his mouth. "What're ya' carryin' the girl for eh? You two some candy birds or what?" He laughs and pats the guy on the shoulder, finishing the chocolate cake and putting a gigantic candy bar in his mouth.

And great, another person to socialize with. It was a whole social gathering! Though, he did suppose he looked pretty odd, carrying a girl around and whatnot. And this guy seemed to be pretty obsessed with candy. Man, couldn't he meet anyone normal today? Well, this newcomer did seem pretty alright, asides for the candy falling everywhere. Evander guessed that 'candy birds' were just to mean that they looked like two peas in a pod. "Hello there, my name is Evan- oh, I forgot to introduce my self to you, girl on my back." Wow, that was a pretty serious blunder. Interrupting himself and everything! "Well, my name is Evander, and, as you can clearly see from what I just said, " awkward wording man, really awkward wording, "I have just become acquainted with this girl. How do you do? Do you know this girl?" Yep, just ignore the whole carrying part, he had really no idea either. Hopefully that would all blow over. Man, his social skills were going to get a workout today! Well, at least this would help to distract the girl from the fountain.

Ranmura got excited and jumped off Evander's back, sadly it left him on the ground vulnerable to anyone attempting to trample him. "Is that candy! Do you have something with bitter flavoring? How about red velvet, or dark chocolate?" She saw him drop and pick up his candy like a madman and realized this person was a candy behemoth. "Well, if you're not going to share then sit on this guy, he's soft like a pillow and sweet like a marshmallow. I don't mind, just sit on him!" She appeared to be a bit over excited about the newcomer sitting on Evander, but it's all fun and games.

"Sit on him? Why would I do that?" Lazarus looked curiously at the smiling girl then to the boy on the ground. Cupcake and frosting, who would have thought the frosting wanted to kill the cupcake. "I'm not too sure the cupcake will be fine after I do that." The candy man finished eating his gigantic candy bar and replaced it with about half a dozen lollipops. "Shay, how about chu guysh help me wif gaffering materialsh?" His stuffed candy mouth messed with his pronunciation of basic words making him sound funny. Lazarus waited until he finished the lollipops then popped two peppermints in his mouth. "So, you two want to collect some materials or what?"

Edited by Lazarus

Agh, what in the- Okay, he was on the ground now. Apparently the girl had jumped off his back and asked for candy from the candy-obsessed guy. Great. Well, the candy guy could deal with her- Evander had had enough of this socializing and psychological stuff. He needed to get away before his sanity was all gone. Weren't there any normal people around here? And- wait, sit on him? Oh no, no thank you. Evander pushed himself off the ground quickly, spitting out dirt. It was time to run out to the woods and camp out there forever. Who cared if there were monsters, as long as he could get away from here- he was a cupcake now? Yeah, best to run- and the guy just stuffed more lollipops in his mouth. Where in the world had he gotten the col? Man, Evander couldn't remember the last time he had a good meal here. And- oh no, oh no, the guy was asking them to go gather some materials. Well, now he was socially obligated to stick around. Shoot! And he still hadn't learned their names! Ugh, all Evander could hope for was that he was around the same level as them. He didn't know anything about their levels either, and if they decided to go see the Feywild Dragon of Death and Decay or something for some mats, he was going to run, run far away, and choose to not die. "Collecting mats sounds like fun!" Yep, sounding cheerful was good, it showed that he wasn't disturbed with the girl or the intense candy-obsession of the guy. "However, how about we all introduce ourselves first? Also, I'm a pretty low level, so please go easy on me and don't take me to any place that will spell instant death for me. Don't leave me behind, okay?" Okay, that was good, introduce self as subservient and weaker, and maybe they would go easy on him, or, best case scenario, decide that he was way too weak for their tastes and leave him behind.

Edited by Evander

Ranmura looked at Lazarus and remembered she needed some materials too, but before she followed him she sat on Evander. "My name is Ranmura, you're going to see me in maaaannyy places. Make sure to buy a schoolgirl uniform, I want to see you in one, nya ha ha!" Something odd was going on with Ranmura, did she have a sudden mood swing? Nah that's not right, she has no mood at all besides happiness. The white haired girl looked at Evander with a smile and said "Don't forget me. Nya ha ha!" In an intimidating way that also borders on creepy. After those words she walked off to someplace else due to boredom.

-Ranmura leaves the thread

OOC: You two can chat it up, I'm just too lazy to finish this. (I also still get SP & Col)

"Alright, it's just you and me cupcake, how 'bout lookin' over there first, should have no monsters. If there are monsters then run like the wind boy because I have no weapons on me currently." With that he started to look for materials leaving no stone unturned. His hands were dirtied as he continued to search, but then he turned around to Evander and let his mouth flow freely. "It's been a while since we all got involved in this death game, I know that many people's minds have been altered for the better or worse... Don't think mine hasn't been either." Lazarus forgot all about what he said and continued to search while also putting a chocolate pie (Yes those exists) in his mouth.

ID#49622
Loot 6

Edited by Lazarus

Alright, okay, looking for mats now, in the woods, with the crazy candy guy. And the girl left, with some ominous foreshadowing of seeing her again. Cool. "I should warn you, I have terrible luck. I'll go look around for some mats over there, by that rock. Oh, yeah, I didn't catch your name. Mind telling me what it is?" And now the guy was talking about living in Aincrad. Well, Evander guessed it was time to analyze how he had been affected with some introspection. Evander stooped beneath the large greenish rock, looking for anything interesting. Well, he did become more resolved to be better in general, and driven to get out. But, really, that was about it. Sure, he kind of became really anti-social, but he was already sort of like that before. "Eh, I don't think I changed that much either. See any interesting sights in the game? Gotta say, the graphics are pretty good. I would probably enjoy the game, if we couldn't, you know, die in here." Yep, there was nothing under the rock. So much for that. "Also, about that girl, Ranmura. Aren't you kinda worried about her? She seems to have some psychological problems. Maybe, next time we see her, we could try to help or something." Ah, his morals. Great. Making him do what he didn't want to- try to help the messed-up girl. At least this guy was somewhat alright, besides his intense candy addiction. "You think there are other people out there like that? Heh, maybe we should just open up some psychologist office to help people with their problems. I dunno. Maybe she was just the odd one out. Haven't met or interacted with that many people."

ID# 49625 results:

Loot: 5

Edited by Evander

"Nah, I'm not worried about her at all. But, I am worried about all the other kids at the start of SAO, you saw it too right? When that Kayaba guy said we'd die in the real world if we died here. Damn... I can't really forget what I saw, there were kids playing this game and they just broke down when they heard it. What an asshole, am I right?" Lazarus didn't finish the chocolate pie that was currently in his mouth, it was a surprising feat that he was able to eat one chocolate pie for more than thirty seconds. Oh, wait, he just finished it, and now he's putting some cotton candy in his mouth. "I do believe that people who are somewhat odd here are affected due to something traumatic in the game, perhaps a death of a friend or something. Ah crap, I'm thinking way too much about this, I haven't even been talkin' about candy!" Lazarus kicked a stone and it landed on a tree trunk, that's when he got the craziest idea to stab it. "Hey, maybe we can find some sugary sap if we dig inside this tree... Sugar..." He was back to his normal candy obsessed self, he didn't really like the kind who'd kill for candy, but he's definitely hiding something behind that sugary candy mask. "Yo, I found something!"

ID#49636
Loot 18

+1 Material

Edited by Lazarus

"You're not worried about her? Even though she says disturbing stuff all the time, and is probably traumatized, and is younger than us? Well, I guess that's your call. Yeah man, that was pretty bad when Kayaba opened up with that little bundle of joy. I actually think I blacked out or something, maybe because of the rioting crowd but I woke up on a bench somewhere in the city, so I was pretty much okay. Had a little amnesia at first, but got my memories back pretty fast. Yeah, I really agree about the people who are kind of messed up- back when I was in the city, I visited the Monument of Life everyday to pay homage to the fallen souls. But, that was all in the past- you really like candy, huh?" Man, they were having a nice, deep conversation, then the guy redirects to a talk about candy. Wow. He was pretty obsessed with candy, wasn't he. And now he was stabbing a tree, trying to find sap, which wasn't even suitable for human consumption, and- he found something? "Hey, what'd you get? I'm gonna look over here, in the stream, maybe they have some cool stones or something." Evander crouched by the river, looking at the swirling eddies. He saw a glint at the bottom, beneath the waters. Was it- it was a stone that looked like it could be used for crafting. Was that a hint of ore he saw in there? "I found something too. Also, you still haven't told me your name."

+1 mat from stream

ID# 49637 results:

Loot: 18

Edited by Evander

"I found this cool thing!" Lazarus held up a shining yellow stone which appeared to be a yellow sapphire (Counts as a normal material). Before long, he bit into it and heard a crack, "AUGHHH! Not candy!" His teeth regenerated in a few seconds and he looked back to Evander, back to the serious chat. "Yeah, I guess I like candy, I mean, it's sweet and sugary and all." He sighed. "Reminds me of the days when I was a kid, I was five and this girl shared some candy with me, and I loved it. Five years later, my little sister was born and she loved that sorta stuff too, except not as much as me." A tear came out of his eyes while he was chatting, "I promised her that if she was ever sad, I'd have something sweet to cheer her up, like bullies n' stuff like that y'know? Sweet sugar cakes... Now that I think of it, I used to beat up her bullies." Lazarus laughed and shrugged it off, putting a lollipop in his mouth after devouring the cotton candy.

ID#49639
Loot 18

+1 Material

Edited by Lazarus