[Completed] [SP-F5] Scorpion Farming

Having received his training itinerary from his now mentor Raise, Lawfer became excited from the thought of being able to go on boss raids. Even though he had disappeared for a time, he was ready to be able to find his stride once more. The first item on the menu was material hunting. Raise had mentioned that Lawfer would need a new set of gear if he was to reach his wanted goal, the best way to do that was to gather col and materials for trade. ‘I’ve been away from my shop for too long as well.’ Lawfer thought to himself. ‘I should probably get back to that.’ His thought continued. As he left his Inn room in the town of Armadillo, his eyes immediately closed from the sunlight. “I guess some things never change.” He commented as he began walking to the edge of the safe zone.

Pulling his shemagh across his face, to protect himself from the sun, he smiled. “It’s been too long since I was in the desert… So lets get to it.” He stated as he began sprinting towards the west, trying to keep the sun to his back. The desert wasteland was full of creatures that were prime for farming. Mainly over-sized bugs and lots of them. Noticing a looming threat, Lawfer reached back and gripped his trusty Halberd. “Initial Targets found.” He stated as he slung his Lawbreaker from over his shoulder, and chased down the group of over-sized arachnids.

As Lawfer closed the distance, he recevied a massive claw to his chest knocking him off balance. "Ah crap!!!" he yelled as the other three used the opportunity to lash out with their stingers. The damage was minimal, but Lawfer was frustrated that he was too eager to notice the enemies attack.

<<Battle Engaged>>
Lawfer HP: 52/64
Lawfer EP: 14/16
Sword Art Used: Miss -2EP

Giant Scorpion - HP: 38/38   15 DMG   10 Mit

ID: 49573
BD: 1 - Crit Miss [+2 HM DMG next roll]
MD: 8 15-12=3DMG*4 = 12DMG

Edited by Lawfer

As Lawfer composed himself, he watched the giant scorpions circle him trying to keep their distance. Luckily for the golden haired spearman, he had learned from Raise the optimal distance for his attack was a much larger area than the guide let on. Lowering his stance Lawfer smiled. “Well this is where you four end.” He said with a laugh as his spear Halberd began to glow scarlet, placing his weight on his lead foot, he stepped forward, and swung his Lawbreaker. <Trip Expand> activated and ignited his halberd causing him to rapidly spin, cutting the scorpions to ribbons.

As the monsters exploded, they left behind small bags of loot. Both materials and col, “Just what I was looking for.” Lawfer said to himself as he collected the items. “Time to recharge!” He stated as he began walking to the nearest oasis.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 52/64 [+2 HM DMG this roll]
Lawfer EP: 3/16
Sword Art Used: Trip Expand -12EP

Giant Scorpion - HP: 0/38   15 DMG   10 Mit

ID: 49574
BD: 5+1[Con]= 6 = (8+2HM)*6= 60DMG -10 Mit = 50
MD: Dead
LD: 13+2=15 = +4 Mats, +760 Col

Edited by Lawfer

HP: +6 Regen, EP: 1/3
ID:49576  LD: 16+2= +1 Mat

Having mapped out this floor personally during his time away, Lawfer proceeded to follow his map to the nearest Oasis, it wasn’t too far off the location that he defeated the scorpions. It was a welcome sight to see, when the palm trees came into sight. The blazing heat of this floor, didn’t affect Lawfer anymore. It was if he had become immune. Taking a moment to survey the area, he approached slowly. Much like the real world the Oasis’ of this world were often the breeding ground for many animals and Mobs. "Great! Looks like nothing is around right now." he stated as he walked up to the water, cupped his hands and pulled in the warm water to drink. Looking around once more, he found a large material, under a fallen Palm tree. "That will do nicely." he commented as he sat down and began to rest.

Edited by Lawfer

HP: +6 Regen, EP: 2/3
ID: 49577  LD:9+2= Fail

AS the golden haired spearman, sifted through the waters of the Oasis, he recalled the last time he had ventured here. He had spent two weeks exploring all the regions of the desert, found 15 oasis’ and one hot springs. It was quite the unusual thing finding a hot spring in the desert, but it was a nice haven for when it was cold at night. Having spent two days there for a short reprieve, his thoughts of the place had been fond but he needed to focus. He wasn’t in an isolated protected place at the moment, he was still in dome danger. Looking around once more he discovered nothing of value to him at this point. "Guess this Oasis is tapped out. I only have a little more to rest then I can move onto the next one."

Edited by Lawfer

HP: Full, EP: 3/3
ID: 49579   LD: 17 +1 Mat

The sun had begun to get the blue eyed spear bearer, causing him to finally break a sweat. Having spent the time on the floor to gain an immunity to the harsh elements was never enough. The sun’s rays may not damage him, but the heat still makes the man sweat. “I think I need to bring some company the next time I come hunting.” Lawfer stated to himself as he looked around at the beautiful oasis. “I spent so much time alone, you would have thought I was sick of it by now.” He said to himself as he pulled back his hair and took another sip of the warm oasis water. “Guess I better be off.” Lawfer stated as he stood from his crouched position in the shade of a palm tree. Looking around once more to find another material hiding at the base of a plant nearby. "Ok time to go hunting again." he stated as he set off west once again, in an attempt to keep the sun at his back.

Edited by Lawfer

Nearly a half hour passed as the blue eyed warrior continued to work his way to his next waypoint. He had been unlucky so far in his attempt at finding his next set of prey. He had found single sets of mobs, but that just wouldn’t due, he needed to find at least 4 to be able to gather the appropriate materials he needed in the most efficient way possible. The ground rumbled under him, leaping forward he rolled in an attempt to dodge the monster that surfaced under him. As four stingers made their way to the surface he smiled. “Just what I was looking for.” He commented as he reached back and slung the Lawbreaker out of its harness. “Lets get this over with.”

In a cyclone of gold and scarlet, Lawfer swung his Lawbreaker. He managed to critical all of the scorpions that had reared their ugly heads. As they chattered and dissolved into the digital matrix of Aincrad, Lawfer's inventory pinged. He managed to collect col and materials. "Alright... Getting closer and closer every step." He commented to himself. "I really need more EP." He stated as he looked at his status. "Better rest up." Lawfer said to himself, as he began to flee the conflict area. 

<<Battle Engaged>>
Lawfer HP: 64/64
Lawfer EP: 4/16
Sword Art Used: <Trip Expand> -12 EP

ID: 49581
BD: 10 [8+2]86= 60DMG -10Mit= 50 DMG AOE
LD: 9+2=11 = +760 Col + 4 Mats

Edited by Lawfer

EP: 1/3
ID: 49582  LD: 10+2= Fail

“Ok, so far im at 1520 col collected and 10 Materials… I have plenty of daylight left before I should start heading back. A few more battles and I will have enough to start collecting my new gear.” Lawfer confirmed to himself a he began to search the area. “There should be another Oasis around here… I think at least.” Without missing a beat, he opened up his map on his interface. “Ah crap… I overshot it by going to far south, I guess I’ll just keep going. I have plenty of water to last the trip… I just cant rest the way I had wanted to.” He said aloud, as he looked around. He may not be at an oasis, but that doesn’t mean he should give up on his quest to find loot laying around. He knew better than that. But for the life of him, he couldn't find anything noteworthy to collect. "I guess i should just keep moving."

EP: 2/3
ID: 49650 LD:1+2=Fail

Even though the sun was at his back, the desert heat continually pounded down on Lawfer's back. Had he not missed the second oasis, he would be relaxing in the shad without a worry in the world, but that wasn't the case. "For being so smart I sure have an issue with directions." Lawfer stated as he looked up at the sky, it was a perfectly clear day without a cloud in sight, "Guess its just wishful thinking to believe that I would receive some kind of reprieve." He paused for a moment to survey the area, but nothing caught his eye. "I guess I will just have to keep moving." The blue-eyed man stated as he looked back down at the ground and shook his head.

Edited by Lawfer

EP: 3/3
ID: 49659  LD:12+2=14 Fail

Having trudged through enough sand, Lawfer looked up at the sun once more. "Why did I pick this floor to hunt on?" He asked himself as he thought back to his previous conversation with Raise. His mentor had mentioned that he wanted him to fight against larger enemies while having limited maneuverability. Meaning... he had to be in this deep sand... "For as smart as that guy is... Im sure he just wanted me to suffer, especially after I told him he could only run up 1000 col a night on drinks... I'm sure thats why he did this." Lawfer said to himself as he looked out again at the cast wasteland, noticing the outline of the nearest oasis. "Looks like im almost there."

Edited by Lawfer

The golden haired spear man smiled as the oasis crept closer and closer to him. He had been in the deep sand for some time, and was ready for the reprieve that was to come from sipping the oasis water. Lawfer could hear the scattering of multiple feet behind him. It seemed as if something had picked up its trial. Looking back, he saw the large black stingers of the a group of scorpions tailing him. "Must have dragged their aggro when passing over them." Lawfer stated to himself as he reached back and slung his Lawbreaker over his shoulder. Running towards them, his halberd had began to glow crimson. Having swung a tab bit early, he activated his <concentration> skill which facilitated his <Trip expand> to hit its mark. in a spinning torrent of spins, the blue eyed spear man dismembered and dissolved the scorpions before they got a chance to strike. His inventory lit up. "Looks like i got some more col..." He stated as he holstered his halberd back on his back.

<<Battle Engaged>>
Sword Art Used: <Trip Expand> -12 EP

ID: 49790
BD: 5+1[Conc] = 8*6= 48-10 Mit = 38 DMG
MD: 3
LD 12+2=14 +760 Col, +4 Mats

Edited by Lawfer

EP: 1/3
ID: 49940  LD: 6+2=Fail

Having just fell the group of giant mobs, Lawfer looked at the cool refreshing water of the oasis. "I think its time for me to take a dip and cool off." The golden haired spear man stated as he raised his right hand and removed his armor. Quickly, he ran to the edge of the water, surveying the area, he dove in. The water was warm but refreshing. "Now this is what I call relaxing." He stated as he submerged his head under the water once again. His wet, matted hair clung to his face as he reemerged. Moving it to the side of his face, he could feel it start to dry. "Good thing I dont have to worry about the sun damaging my hair." He joked as he looked around, finding nothing of importance he dove under the water once again while he tried to recover energy.

Edited by Lawfer

EP: 2/3
ID: 50126    LD: 14+2 = +1 Mat

As the blue-eyed spearman swam to shore, he sprawled out on the sand, not caring that it would eventually turn to mud on him. Grasping at the sand, he picked up a hefty amount and tossed it in the water. As the wet clad hit the water, the kerplunk it made caused Lawfer to laugh. "Never to old to throw stuff in the water." He stated to himself as he eventually stood. "Probably should rest in the shade." He stated as he looked at a small shaded area under a palm tree. Walking over it, his foot was caught on what seemed like a rock. Pushing the sand aside, he noticed the high quality glimmer that it produced. Reaching down, he grasped the stone in his hand and examined it. Placing it in his inventory he smile, "This will do."

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 50133  LD: 6+2=Fail

Having relaxed in the shade for quite sometime, Lawfer smiled. "Well, I think its time to get heading out again now that I've relaxed for a bit." The blue eyed spearman thought to himself as he stood from his seated position. Raising his right hand, he opened his interface to check the time. "I guess I should start heading back. I can get a few more battle's in, but if I take too long I'll have to deal with the cold." he thought aloud as he readied his equipment once more. He didn't trek out as far as he wanted to but all that mattered was that he had made it far enough to farm the scorpions that Raise put on his training menu. Surveying the oasis once more, he found nothing noteworthy.

Edited by Lawfer

As he began his venture back, Lawfer spotted the overhanging black stinger of his next victim. Entering his interface, he equipped his armor once again. From what he could tell, it was alone, but that thought was quickly withdrawn when he ventured closer. His vision turned red, indicating him pulling aggro. It was then he noticed three more stingers jetting up from the ground as he was surrounded. "They really do like to travel in teams." The spearman stated as he looked around for an opening to attack. Reaching up to his Lawbreaker quickly, he tried to strafe right to avoid the incoming monsters. As the first scorpion lunged forward, it tagged Lawfer in the shoulder. Swinging wildly to get the others to withdraw he missed completely leaving him open to the next set of assaults. As his armor was pierced three more times he stood in shock. "These [censored]..."

<<Battle Engaged>>
Lawfer HP: 54/64
Lawfer EP: 14/16
Sword Art Used: Miss -2EP

ID: 50186
BD: 2= Miss [+2HM next roll]
MD: 6

Edited by Lawfer

As the four frantic scorpions scurried around the blue-eyed lancer, the mans frustration began to build. He was waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. At that moment, Lawfer recalled the training that he went through with Raise. His range was much longer than what he was thinking. "Thanks Raise." He commented to himself his Lawbreaker began to glow crimson. "Die.." He said coldly as he stepped forward with his lead foot and sung his spear violently. As it danced like a cyclone the over sized arachnids, were pushed back and diced to pieces by his sword art. "That took a little too long." he commented as he collected the dropped loot. 

<<Battle Engaged>>
Lawfer HP: 54/64 [+2HM this roll]
Lawfer EP: 3/16
Sword Art Used: <Trip Expand> -12EP [8+2HM]*6=60-10= 50DMG

ID: 50187
BD: 8
LD: 5+2=7 +4 Mats

Edited by Lawfer

HP Regen: +6  60/64 EN: 1/3
ID: 50188   LD:5+2=Fail

After passing through the wave of mobs, Lawfer looked up at the all expansive sky. He had made a lot of progress with his training for the day and it was ready to finally get home. With how fast he was trudging through the sand, he would make it back just in time to meet Raise and make sure the man didn't run up too much of a tab on his dime. Looking back down in the sand, he noticed a cactus in the distance. Typically, they yielded a flower that could be used in alchemy. Detouring for a moment, he checked the cactus. "looks like its not in bloom yet." He commented as he readjusted his course. "Time to get home."

Edited by Lawfer

HP Regen: Full  EP: 2/3
ID: 50189  LD:20= +1Mat

Happening upon another cactus, Lawfer smiled as he saw the bountiful flower that sat atop the beautiful cactus. Being careful not to prick himself, he removed the flower and placed it in his inventory. "Guess its turning around." He stated to himself as he pulled his face-guard tighter to block the incoming sand from a gust of wind. "The wind is picking up... I better hurry or I'll get caught up in a sand storm." he stated calculatingly. He had experienced only once before, he may not have received any damage, but it was still a nuisance. Spotting an oasis in the distance he smiled. "Some fresh water at last."

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 50347   LD: 17+2=19 +1 Mat

As he made his way the his next oasis destination, Lawfer smiled as he knelled down next to the water and scooped some in his hand and proceeded to take a few quick gulps. Turning his head, his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. He saw a nice piece of golden ore laying on the bank of the oasis. Walking over to it, he picked it up. "That will do." he commented as he knelled down once more taking another drink from the oasis. "Time to get a move on again." He commented as he stood up and straightened out his armor. He was itching to get back. He had an ample supply of mats and it was time to get to crafting.

Edited by Lawfer

After just leaving the oasis, Lawfer heard squells in the distance, picking up his pace, he looked out over to see a group of scorpions dispatching a smaller sand golem. "The deserts sure are harsh." He stated as he reached over his shoulder. "But then again thats great for me." He commented as he slung his halberd over his shoulders. "Time to do work." he finished as he began running towards the group of monsters. Jumping from a good distance back, he landed where the sand golem had been felled. His halberd glowed crimson and gold for a second, as he released <Trip Expand> the spears cyclone diced the giant scorpions to nothing except bags of loot. His inventory pinged as they were collected. "Nice!"

<<Battle Engaged>>
Sword Art Used: <Trip Expand> -12EP,  9*6=54-10=44DMG

ID: 50367
BD: 9
LD: 10+2=12  +4Mats, +760 Col

Edited by Lawfer

EN 1/3

As Lawfer passed another oasis he smiled, "Im almost back with a great haul!" He stated to himself as he looked in the distance to catch a glimmer of the town called Armadillo. It wouldn't be long until he made it there, but he was ready to be done. Taking a moment to catch his breath he looked around in hopes of finding something interesting. "Well Doesnt look like anything else will get in my way." He commented as he raised his right hand to open his interface. Removing his armor so he could breath better, he took a deep breath in. "Well, time to hurry up. I think I need a cool refreshing brew after this is all over with. I'm sure Raise and Ryuu have one waiting for me."