[PP-F1] Could Use a Hand (Vayrin)

Sierra blinked as she looked around this world amazed by it's ability to emulate the real world, unfortunately after the reckoning of sorts that the entire population of Sword Art Online was punished to she found herself living once again with her disability. She sighed and grumbled a bit annoyed that the game developer took it to such a level that even their own private lives could return to the same form of scrutiny. The sleeve of her shirt blowing loosely in the breeze as she peered out over the vast city center where they had heard the message she had to admit she never thought this was how life would end up. The aspects of the game she adored, sword fighting skill leveling but the threat of  death was far to realistic now and her disability had kept people from pairing with her from day one. An unfortunate disadvantage as she hung out about Aincrad's first city where the larger portion of the general population would remain  that were two scared to risk their own lives for attempting to end this game.

The one armed girl was no exception to the rules, but it wasn't fear that held her back but companionship as she believed this game was to be respected and feared knowing full well the dangers that came along with solo play. The public eye wasn't kind to individuals who played by themselves, marking them as so called 'beaters' hateful words that Sierra couldn't stand. She believed in those who wanted to continue through this world much like they did in the real world. Just because it is a video game didn't cause people to rise up out of their stereotypical archetypes. "I just need a break." She sighed deeply now slowly propping her self against a wall with her left arm and slowly lowering herself as to not collapse, it was embarrassing to peel oneself off the ground with a limb after all.

Suddenly, with a bright violet flash a player came flying out the door of a nearby building. He skidded across the stone street until he crashed into a pile of crates part of an NPC shop. Once the dust cleared, Vayrin walked out of the same building, her weapon out, the violet aura fading. The player who had seemingly been tossed out slowly got to his feet, looking disorientated. He shook his head and saw the violet haired girl walking towards him, and within an instant, Vayrin had jumped towards him. Her blade was at his neck as he stared down at it, his brow sweating furiously, with his hands up. "Don't worry, it's a safe zone after all. Not like I can kill you, but I sure can toss you around till you cry." She said with an extremely pissed expression, glaring at the player who was much taller then her. He stared down at her, the fear in his eyes could be seen by everyone who had stopped to watch the scene. They stood there for a moment before the man took a few steps back, and then proceeded to run down the street. "She's crazy! You're Crazy!" He yelled as his feet carried him away. Vayrin simply lowered her weapon and looked around at the small crowd who had gathered to watch the unusual scene. Still having her pissed expression, she simply told them. "Check a girl's stats before you decide to grab their ass..." She said coldly, before sheathing her weapon.

The girl simply gave a sigh and gazed at the townsfolk of both NPC's and Players return to their original activities. She rolled her eyes as she re ran the scene in her head and decided the best way to forget it was to spend some time in the fields. The girl started down the street when she noticed something unusual. It was another girl who had been sitting against the building. She looked very unhappy. Vayrin couldn't help but wonder why. Well, there was probably many reasons, and perhaps it wasn't her place, but her curiosity got the better of her and she walked over. She leaned over, tried her best not to surprise the player. "Hey? You alright?"

She sighed with relief as she finally had gotten herself comfortable after deciding to remain with her handicap since the artificial limb seemed, the best way she could describe it in few words and out of her native language, wrong. Sierra's head began to roll back and forth against the brick building pleasantly enjoying the solitude and quiet of the first floor, till the crashing and skidding sounds filled the air. She felt like a monk who had been meditating till someone through the gong attached to the wall like a Frisbee across the temple. Both eyes would open before looking over a few meters at a guy who had just gotten himself served, worse by a girl which was a career-ender in most video games. She snickered a bit as she watched him tremble as the blade was now press against his neck causing him to nearly piss himself upon the streets. As the purple haired woman spoke more she smirked hearing the reasoning for this show, "Stupid boys who grab girls cheeks deserve embarrassment." Her voice was low and probably only heard by the quivering male who was no doubt hoping to get far far away from here.

As her eyes closed again she then blinked as she heard a voice that seemed to be addressing her. She wasn't that amazing of a sight as her she looked rather young and decrepit prime material for people to take advantage of considering she only had an arm to prevent perverts. "I'm fine," she stated rather plainly now as she waved the stump toward the woman to gauge her reaction to a player who decided to keep her real form.

Vayrin tilted her head and looked at her curiously, only to realize the difference between them. She observed the girl's arm, or, the lack of it. Her eyes slightly widened as she was obviously surprised by this. "... Well, can't say I've seen this before..." She said quietly as she continued to stare. Vayrin quickly realized what she had been doing would probably be considered rude, and she forced herself to look the player in the eyes again. Something about this made Vayrin slightly angry. The realization that this girl clearly had a disability, and she was stuck with it in this game.

"S-Sorry." She said nervously after she realized she had been staring. "So... You've been stuck with this disability since SAO started? Well, I mean, you've probably had it before the game and all but..." Vayrin stopped, she was clearly stuttering as she had no idea how to get out of the awkwardness she had just created. Her face turned red with embarrassment. "Well. Er... Sorry if that 'action' disturbed your peace." she said, referencing the action she had just performed in the middle of the street.

Sierra blinked at the girl a bit curious of why she was so intrigued before nodding, "Ahh yes I don't consider this a disability myself." She spoke now looking down toward her missing arm. To be honest it was always getting in the way and I decided it would be easier since I already had so lessons of how to fight in the real world." She grunted before now peeling herself from the wall her arm expertly snaking back behind her and pushing her up as she giggled. "Besides it's far more amusing for people to think of how interesting to see people's reactions." As she stopped talking she wandered over toward the girl now a bit confused till the remarked on the situation. "Oh that no problem what so ever, I approve of the measures you took to defend yourself," She stated rather unaffected by the entire situation as she appeared far colder than she realized perhaps this was why she hadn't gotten anywhere. That and the fact that she couldn't read the menu system.

Vayrin relaxed a bit when the awkwardness seemed to be defused by the girl's reaction. Her face returned to its normal color as she looked up at the girl when she stood up. It was good she didn't think it was a disability, but of course, it was a disadvantage in a game like SAO. Or it would be now, since they were all reverted to their real forms, not their avatars. Vayrin assumed she had another arm during the start of the game, before the famous speech that changed their lives forever. 

"Heh, I bet." Vayrin chuckled after the girl's comment about seeing others react to her situation. Vayrin looked over her a shoulder for a second to observe the damage she had caused to the NPC's booth after the girl praised her for the way she chose to deal with the situation. She looked back and gave a small annoyed expression. "Yeah, I have zero tolerance for that kind of crap." She said. "Anyways, I'm Vayrin by the way. You'll soon realize that no matter how helpless you may seem to others due to size, strength, or even missing limbs." She said with a slight smirk. "You can still own anyone if your level is significantly higher."

"I would have thrown him out as well, but as you can imagine it is hard to deal with people in such a fashion." She nodded toward her before yawning rather sleepily. "I have to admit you could have chosen a better landing position after all NPC's seem to have feelings as well in this game. I'm sure that they can fix it up quickly but they might have a few issues." She stopped and then leaned in listening to the woman who still seemed to be rather taken back by the fact she didn't have an arm. "I would love to ...  own," she stated a bit questioning to make sure she was using this term properly as it was different in Russia. "I'm afraid I am about as pitiful as one can come to be honest." She sighed before murmuring softly, "I can't even read the menu ..." 

"Heh, don't worry about the NPC's. Their just programs after all, I'm sure the booth will just re-spawn in a few hours." She said chuckling. Vayrin continued to listen to the girl's plight as she continued to elaborate on her obvious disadvantage. But not the one Vayrin and (Probably everyone else) had been expecting. "Wait, you can't read the menu? Is it because you can't even open it or... You don't read Japanese?" Vayrin asked curiously. She didn't even account for the fact that not having an arm may hinder the action of opening a menu. After all, you needed one of your arms to do it. Although, judging by this girl's speech, Vayrin could clearly tell she wasn't Japanese. Not uncommon, Vayrin wasn't either. But if she started SAO without knowing there'd only be a Japanese server then she could see why this girl had trouble navigating some of the basics of SAO.

A rather embarrassed blush spread over her face as she looked away allowing her purple hair to stream over her face attempting to conceal this. "Shh," She whispered ... "I don't want everyone to know ... I-I never learned how to read and write at home ... I just know the words to a few languages." Her head being hung low as this wasn't a topic she enjoyed talking about. "I don't even know these icons ... I'm not a gamer like everyone else I'm here to see how the combat is ... I never even figure out how to open menu for my sword." She sighed now allowing herself to try to see eye to eye again with the girl.

Vayrin tilted her head again when the girl began to explain her reason for not being able to understand the menu. "Oh.." So, rough life she must've had. Vayrin knew it wasn't her place to probe about her history, but she seemed to have one.  "Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I can show you what they mean if you'd like." She said softly. Vayrin thought for a moment. She then turned around and opened her own menu by swiping her hand in the air in front of her. "Now that I think about it... You could see a blacksmith. Not sure how well they would be able to do it, but they could maybe forge some sort steel claw contraption. You could attach it to your.. Erm.. Other arm." Vayrin told her. She continued to swipe through her menu until she brought up the inventory screen. "See, this is the screen you need to pull up in order to equip items. See these letters at the top of the screen. It means "Inventory"

She watched the girl now glide her fingers through the air as she perused her menu and explaining the essentials, "Right ok so these characters mean inventory." She thought now attempting to let that sink in as she continued to eye it and mention in her mind the word so she would associate it form that point forward. As she awkwardly stated the idea of building a contraption for her other arm she shook her head, "I prefer it like this keeps me light and swift for movements. Besides it distracts me in a combat when I start thinking about another arm. I had them remove the nerve gear arm that tried to push itself on me ... i-it was a bit distressing." She spoke plainly.

Vayrin continued to show the player the different aspects of the menu, hoping she'd remember what the different characters meant. After the girl mentioned that she'd prefer to only have her single arm, Vayrin simply shrugged. "Well, if that's the kind of build you're looking for." She told her. Vayrin herself understood why the girl would rather have it this way. After all, being lighter was a very useful skill to have. Assuming that was what this girl was going for. Vayrin herself was going for a light armor build, being able to move extremely fast and being able to dodge most attacks. Of course this meant she had less protection, but made up for it in agility. Vayrin then stopped explaining for a moment as a very awkward thought popped into her head. She laughed nervously. "Oh, sorry. My name's Vayrin by the way." She told her. It was weird how she hadn't thought of mentioning that first.

Sierra nodded appreciating the girl's help quite graciously as she decided to try out a smile to express her gratitude it was a pitiful one but it was a smile none the less. She then looked back as her finger pulled up the menu wincing as she still looked at the strange words and symbols disliking it, "It's nice to meet you Vayrin, I will keep note of you and remember to thank you later on in the game when we cross again," she began to wonder before now asking her. "Would you by any chance be willing to assist me as I continue to climb through this game. I know I'm a weakling and a bit of a weird one ... the missing arm and all. I just am hoping that we can become friends is all."