[PP-F1] King's Arrival [COMPLETE]

Between the present moment and the announcement that rang out from the man cloaked in crimson, Dynaon mentally weighed his options. Two days was all it took to find his resolve once more. Since his run-in with the would-be murderer of his mother and taking command over that grown man's will, the King had never been faced with another threat on his life. Yet this game, Sword Art Online.. 'SAO' as some called it; it was like a shining, sharpened pendulum slowly making its way downward to Dynaon's unprotected throat.

It was a lot to take in. If he died here.. he'd never see his family again. He'd never be able to protect his mother again. It was a fate that he didn't dare consider. Failure wasn't an option for this man. He dug his boot into the grassy surface of the first floor, looking onward.

"Call me King.. Call me Demon."

Edited by Dynaon

Why did I even come out this far,” Kranzer muttered to himself while he lay prone upon the ground. Slowly he scooted forward so he could peer through some tall grass. Grass that he prayed would go a long way towards keeping him concealed from the solitary boar that spawned a short distance away. Granted it wasn’t necessary for him to hide since it needed to aggro on him before it would attack. Which he knew of course. It was a common mechanic that was common in the various games he’d played through during his life. The main difference though was that none were quite as extensive as SAO was. A fact that held true more so now than ever due to the fact that this “game” had become all too real for everyone involved.

Regardless he always erred on the side of caution so he stayed a fair distance away and actively tried to stay outside of its range while he studied it a little more closely. Once more he berated himself, silently of course, for his sudden stint of carelessness. How he’d managed to wander outside of Starter City finally was beyond even his understanding. There he was in town thinking on all the reasons he should leave Starter City while he walked along the streets that through the city like veins that allowed the populace to circulate throughout the city. When he cast a quick glance to his left it was revealed that he wasn’t too far from the city so he was pretty certain he could make it if he had to make a run for it. For now though he was fairly set on at least observing the creature to see if he could work out any patterns in the AI that governed it.

Spoiler

Note: Actively trying to hide (Base rating of 10 to be seen) [I'm actually not sure if I need to roll and see if the Boar sees me or not >_>]

Edited by Kranzer

It was hard for the King to peel his eyes away from the beautiful horizon that graced his sight, but the snorting of a primal creature caught his slightly shortened attention span. He looked to his left, seeing that a young <<Boar>> had dared to move in his presence. The creature couldn't have known better; the name of Dynaon was not known far and wide just yet. However, was it a forgivable offense? With another dominant snort emitting from the Boar's snout, the answer was as clear as day. He would have to slay this creature for the glory of his future subjects, for his kingdom, for his fans. 

He drew the curved blade from its sheath. "Beast, your time has come! We fight on this day for glory!" The King pushed off of the ball of his foot, closing the distance between the two of them in an instant. He cleaved forward, feeling the blade hit its mark as he sliced through the side of the swine. Blood flew through the air as a smirk tugged at Dynaon's lips, seeing the <<Critical Hit!>> notification. He was born for this.

"Heh, you may as well give up now, you beast. You're in the presence of Dynaon, the soon-to-be leader of the Frontlines and the Immortal King. If you think you even have a slight chance of beating me, you're sadly mistaken. My first hit, the birthchild of the damage I will do within this role playing game, was conceived as a critical. My natural luck, no, my skill succeeds the mechanics of this video game. Now flee, or face my wrath!"

Roll ID # - 50818 [BD: 9 (CRIT!)]

Dynaon: 4 HP | 1 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 0 MIT

Dynaon attacks the Boar. He gets a Critical Hit, increasing his DMG by 1! Boar's 1 MIT decreases the DMG done by 1. Boar loses 1 HP.

<<Boar>>: 3 [4 - 1] HP | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 1 MIT | 2 HATE @ Dynaon

Edited by Dynaon

Alright it was finally time for him to withdraw. There wasn’t any need for Kranzer to attack this thing and to do so alone would be paramount to inviting death over for tea and then trying to shake his hand before ushering him out the door. It just wasn’t smart. He was just about to start scooting back along the ground when he heard that overbearing voice. “No,” he muttered in slight disbelief and he hurriedly crawled forward and parted the grass once more.  Someone was actually charging the thing... and he was alone?! "No you idiot! Don't do that. Ru--," he started to say until the man landed a rather solid hit against the boar. Which left Kranzer laying there blinking by the display. It was a nice hit after all so maybe... just maybe this guy knew what he was doing. Any hope of that was quickly butchered as Dynaon went off on a little monologue as the boar's hoof dragged back against the ground which signaled that it was about to attack.

While the man's blade scored a clean hit the boar's hide proved to be a bit too resilient for him to win on his own. The instant that name echoed through the open grassy field it became painfully evident who this man was. Kranzer had encountered this very fool many times on other games. That is unless someone else with the same overbearing attitude created a character with that name. Kranzer groaned softly in dismay. "Of the thousands of players I had to have the misfortune of running into this asshole again." For a split second Kranzer thought about just leaving the fool to his fate but something nagged at the back of his mind about that choice. A fool he might be but he was a fool that had helped Kranzer out more than he cared to admit in their past experiences online. "DAMMIT," he shouted as he sprang up from his hiding spot and charged in. His hand gripped the hilt of his dagger firmly as he pulled it free of its sheath and ran in even as the boar charged forth with the intent of goring Dynaon with its tusks.

Kranzer’s mind however was rather focused upon his annoyance at the way he always ran into this guy no matter what game he picked up. Was it some cruel twist of fate? As he ran forward his attack was way off and by the time he realized his momentum would carry him directly into the man it was already too late. He was way too invested in it all. His dagger missed the boar and his body would plow directly into Dynaon unless he moved first. Which in turn miraculously would take them both out of the boar’s path. If that is the reason the Boar missed the fool or not… well Kranzer wouldn’t claim otherwise. From that moment forward his intent was to save Dynaon. If he let it slip that he’d flubbed an attack so bad… well he would never be able to live it down.

There was an old saying from years back that struck so true for one such as Dynaon. The way he presented himself and the actions he took. Kranzer’s mind idly pondered over what it was until he finally realized it. This man was so much like an old character from an old MMORPG. What was the name… Jeroy Lenkins? No that didn’t quite sound right.

Spoiler

ID# 50820 [BD: 2(Miss); MD: 3(Miss)]

Notes (RP in post is fluff intended to explain the misses to a certain degree, any liberties that were taken were done with Dynoan's full consent)

Edited by Kranzer
Adding in RP and Dice results

He thought he heard something off to the side, but it quickly died out, so Dynaon chose to ignore it for the moment. The King's gaze focused in on the boar as it began to charge, Dynaon digging his feet into the ground and opening up his guard. "Come at me, you damned creature of the fields!" However, before the <<Boar>> managed to find its opening, his side was overwhelmed by another man. A spectator too concerned for the health of his idol, perhaps? Dynaon let his body go limp as they hit the ground together, the King coughing slightly to try and soften the impact. "A-Ahh.. I didn't expect a fan to be so excited that he'd tackle me."

Wait. A spectator. This meant he would be able to show off how amazing he was on the field of battle! It wasn't too late to make the name Dynaon common knowledge far and wide. "Stand back, my friend! Let me handle this.. Now let me show you how to do battle." He readied his blade and rushed forward, only for a few rogue strands of grass slip underneath his foot, his boot sliding backward and sending his body hurdling forward. He did a couple flips onto the ground before he ultimately landed on his face, slowly looking up at the <<Boar>>. "T-Time out!"

Roll ID # - 50825 [BD: 1 (CRITICAL FAILURE)]

[No stat changes.]

Edited by Dynaon
Rolled.

At first Kranzer seemed almost ashamed that he had flubbed his attack so bad that he ran into the man. That is until Dynaon had the audacity to refer to him… as… as a fan! Now he kinda wish his dagger had slipped, no that wasn’t a very nice thought so instead Kranzer stood up quickly and rolled his eyes. “Look we should handle this together. I have a plan to,” he started to say before his voice trailed off. Kranzer turned to look at the man though he seemed to have either totally disregarded what he’d said or Dynaon was just so full of himself that he didn’t hear it as he told Kranzer to stand back and let him handle it. “Ugh.” His eyes rolled slightly as he turned his attention towards the <<Boar>>. “Well if you want to die that bad then go right ahead.” Which he did. Kranzer watched in disbelief as Dynaon actually ran forward only to fail big time.

His foot slipped and he rolled across the ground and for a moment Kranzer hoped he’d see a grass stain down the fool’s face. That is until the <<Boar>> looked down right at him and it was obvious Dynaon was in a life or death situation. “Crap.” With his dagger held in a traditional grip he ran forward. Grass parted beneath his feet with each frantic step he took. The <<Boar’s>> head dipped down as it prepared to charge forward and gore the poor fool to death. “Faster,” he thought. He had to go faster! Damn that fool for making him have to go through so much effort. Then suddenly he went right by the beast. The blade of his dagger sliced along the <Boar’s>> flank as a red streak was left in its wake.

The blade swept through and as he finished his attack Kranzer crouched low with his arm angled across his body. His eyes grew wide when he received the <<Critical Hit>> alert pinged across his field of view. No freaking way. Slowly he stood as he heard the sound of the <<Boar’s>> body breaking apart as it died. Slowly he turned around to face Dynaon head on. His approach was slow and deliberate. The sun shined down on his back which masked his face in shadows which kept most of the contempt concealed for the most part. The blade of his dagger was held low and by his side as he continued to stare. Then ever so slowly and deliberately Kranzer leaned forward as he held out his free hand. “Come with me if you want to live.” There was a window on his left that had popped up revealing that he’d earned some loot from killing the beast.

Briefly his gaze flicked over it and he realized he’d received a good item for the kill. He’d received a material for killing the <<Boar>> along with some heavy armor. Well that wouldn’t do him any good. Perhaps… His gaze shifted back to Dynaon as he accepted the loot and immediately sent a trade request to him as he offered the armor. Perhaps this would keep the fool alive another day in this place.

Spoiler

ID#50827 [BD: 10; LD: 17; MD: Dead]

Kranzer: 4 HP | 2 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 0 MIT

Kranzer attacks the Boar. He gets a Critical Hit, increasing his DMG by 2! Boar's 1 MIT decreases the DMG done by 1. Boar loses 3 HP. The Boar died.

<<Boar>>: 0 [3 - 3] HP | 3 DMG | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | 1 MIT | 2 HATE @ Kranzer

LD[17]

1 Material + 1 Good Item [Polished Breastplate] >> Offered Armor to Dynaon

Edited by Kranzer
Adding in RP and Dice results

Dynaon wouldn't shut his eyes in the face of his danger, he owed it to his devoted fan to grin and bear this attack. He quickly got back onto his feet, bringing his arms up in a cross block to protect the man behind him. The fan had different plans, quickly thinking and bringing out a small dagger. It didn't seem to be the type of weapon that would do a lot of damage, yet.. it was enough to bring the boar down with ease. The <<Critical Hit!>> notification popped up yet again, showing that Lady Luck was taking kind to other people. A smile tugged at the King's lips as he straightened out his back, approaching the young man. "Yeah, got it.. I could have taken him myself, but good backup hasn't killed a warrior to date!" 

He went in for a fist bump, but suddenly, he was approached with a pop up on his menu. A request to trade, eh? He must have gotten some loot from killing the Boar. He accepted the trade and navigated through the menu, equipping the <<Polished Breastplate>>. He watched his MIT stat go up as a result, smiling as he looked up to see the Username of his newfound friend. Kranzer.. that seemed fairly familiar. Had he known this man from another game, or was it just coincidence that they shared usernames? Oh well, if he knew this man's name, there was no doubt in the King's mind that he was known as well. "So, what brings you to the Fields, Kranzy? Trying to grind out these first few levels now that the crazy power behind this game is holding us hostage?" As he said this to Kranzer, the tips of his digits danced along his armor, almost laughing giddily at the new item.

Equipped <<Polished Breastplate>> - +3 MIT!

Edited by Dynaon

The truth of the matter was despite his seemingly cool exterior Kranzer was rather freaked out about everything that had just happened. A slight chill at the back of his neck made him think that if that battle had gone on any longer one of them would have been dead and considering Kranzer’s luck it definitely be him. Dynaon accepted the trade without so much as a thank you which caused a slight tremor in one of Kranzer’s eyebrows. The man never missed a beat did he? Stared right into death’s door and came back grinning like a madman. Perhaps he was mad… that thought didn’t sit well with Kranzer at all. Then his reason for being out in the field was brought up,  and then the fool only went on to prove that he must have been illiterate when he murdered Kranzer’s name. Kranzy? What the heck was that? “N-no, it's Kranzer. K-R-A-N-Z-E-R. Kranzer.”

Not really getting that he’d just earned a nickname he stressed each letter as if he meant to teach Dynaon how to pronounce it properly. “As for why I am out here,” he muttered before he adverted his gaze. Kranzer scratched idly at his cheek with the index finger of his free hand and then moved to sheath his dagger. This was done only after he took a good look at their surroundings. One never knew when another <<Mob>> would spawn suddenly. He chose to avoid answering that by revealing he had been lurking out in the grass like some stalker. Based on all of their interaction Kranzer figured that would just encourage the man's dreams of grandeur. Instead he went on to answer the next question. “I’m not really all about the grind Dynaon. I am more concerned with surviving, and I’ll be honest with the way you’re going I don’t think you’ll last long.” While it was true Kranzer had no idea on what he should do ever since that oversized GM announced that they were all trapped here until the game was cleared grinding out levels was simply not all that appealing to him.

His eyes turned to focus on the fool with a hint of regret flashing across his expression. “We shouldn’t just stand around. We need a plan. It’s dangerous around here, and who knows when another Boar is going to spawn right?” He waited for a moment to see if the fool would finally see reason. Regardless of what he observed Kranzer motioned for Dynaon to follow him as he started to head back over towards his hiding spot.

Edited by Kranzer

Dynaon didn't know how to properly grasp the concept, but it seemed like Kranzer didn't have a hold on what a nickname actually was. In fact, he went to great lengths to try and teach the King how to pronounce his name as if he was illiterate. It wasn't that he had any problem pronouncing his name, but regardless, he was still going to stick with the cute nickname. He wasn't about formal conversations, after all. He listened to his reasoning for not being part of the old grind to the highest levels. He merely wished to survive in this world rather than raise his level and become someone worth a damn. Such a concept baffled the King, but he didn't bring any disrespect. It took a certain mettle to try and put one's life in danger for the sake of protecting others. All Dynaon could do was sigh lightly as he followed after Kranzer.

As they waded into the tall grass, Dynaon tried to get the attention of the humorless man. "Why wouldn't you want to grind and get your level up though? Sure, we both may have gotten a bit lucky back there, but what about the future? What if a raid boss comes plowing through the first floor? Do you want to be a statistic in the death tolls, or do you want to be one of the people out there making sure your fellow man can live to see another virtual sunrise?" It was a heroic speech meant to encourage him to go out of his way to level up, but regardless, those were Dynaon's intentions. He wanted to join up with the Frontlines and help everyone get out of this place, even if he had to put his life on the line. He would one day become Immortal.

Dynaon moved to follow so that was good at least. Kranzer didn’t take the time to observe all the variations in the man’s face to really know what he was feeling, that is assuming there were any hints to be read in his expression anyway. For once the man didn’t seem to want to talk which was a pleasant surprise. Well that is until they started to wade through the tall grass. Dynaon questioned his reasoning for not wanting to grind out his levels. Kranzer nearly shook his head when he mentioned that they’d gotten lucky and asked what he’d do in the future. In the future he’d be sure not to randomly wander off into the wilderness. That he was absolutely certain of. Then Dynaon went off into an idealistic speech about gaining strength to protect the average player from meeting an untimely fate at the hands of some raid boss.

That statement suddenly made Kranzer freeze in place as his gaze frantically shifted about their immediate surroundings. There were raid bosses that could roam the floors? A bead of sweat trailed its way down the side of his face and lingered on the edge of his chin before it made the final plunge to vanish in the grass. “Wait,” he muttered as he suddenly turned around and looked Dynaon square in the eye. “What do you mean what if a raid boss comes plowing through the first floor?” Kranzer cast a wary gaze around before he looked back at Dynaon. “T-they can do that?” He had no flipping clue that was a thing. What was he doing?! He had to get back to Starter City stat. Though what Dynaon said at the end gave Kranzer a momentary pause.

This man… did he truly feel this way? He spoke like “the heroes of old” as the saying used to go. Did he truly believe in everything he said? Kranzer slowly shook his head in indignation. “Look what you’re saying is nice and all but that’s just not me. Obviously I won’t just turn a blind eye to someone in danger but to go out there and seek danger just to protect others from a perceived threat? It sounds like you want to win medals.” There was an intense flare in Kranzer’s deep brown eyes as he leaned in. “Unfortunately there aren’t any medals out here are there? Do you want to know what that gung-ho attitude will get you out here?” Kranzer waited a moment to see if Dynaon would reply before he went ahead and said it. “All that’ll get you is a one way trip to an early grave.”

Kranzer threw his hands up in frustration as he turned. “Look let's get back to Starter City before some Raid Boss decides to make us an early afternoon snack.” Unbeknownst to the indecisive man, this was the start of what could only be described as a destructive relationship between the two old “friends.” Though they were more like acquaintances than true friends from the sparse interactions in the past but he did know the man and this was just too much at the moment. Would the aimless man end up taking the path of ensuring the fool didn’t run off and get himself killed? Perish the thought...

After he finished his speech up, he listened to what the indecisive player had to say. It was fairly obvious that he didn't understand the meaning of sarcasm or exaggeration.. or just about anything remotely funny. It was weird for Dynaon to talk to a man like Kranzer; it was like they were almost polar opposites. Yet, he found himself compelled to try and make his case with this guy. It was like some inner being, like his very soul, was trying to connect with Kranzer and make him see the bigger picture of this situation involving Sword Art Online. Sure, it would be the easier and safer option to stay on the first floor, but if everyone did that, they would never escape from the damned game. It was people like Dynaon [but of course of lesser stature] that flooded the Frontlines and gave everyone in this game the best chance they had of returning to their families.

However, Dynaon's brow visibly twitched at the comment about leading himself to an early grave with his current attitude. While it was true that the Boar might have been able to best him, if he chose not to fight and run away, it would be a mark on his pride. If he can't even fight the weakest enemy in the game, why even bother trying to make his way up? "And what will my tombstone say? 'He lived a good life.' 'He was certainly good at sweeping rugs.' No, it won't say that! If I were to die for my people, my tombstone would say 'The Immortal King rests. He fought valiantly to let us live on the outside.' That's what I want to be known for, should my legacy become a piece of history." He clutched at his own chest softly, a fiery determination flaring up in his gaze as he looked over to Kranzer.

"The fame is amazing. The wealth is to die for. The glory is irreplaceable. However, those were when I could afford to respawn. When I could merely click 'Restart' and get that glory back. In this game, one mistake leads to death. In this game, we're here forever if someone doesn't do something. I want to be that 'someone' for people. Someone that people can place their hope in, you know?"

Kranzer wanted to slap the man as he latched on to the comment he made about the tombstone and tried to turn it around to fit his own goal. What would a few words scratched into stone matter when he was dead? It wasn’t like he could read it after all or get any of the satisfaction for any of that. Then there was this Immortal King business. What?  Kranzer’s brow furrowed slightly as he stopped walking and turned around to look at the fool a bit more closely. Surely he had to be joking. Right? So did this man desire the legacy that would be left behind after his death or did he seek the thrill of the journey that he underwent to forge that legacy? None of it made sense to Kranzer not in the least.

Then it was almost like Dynaon had a breakthrough as he talked about how death here was permanent. It wasn’t like some game where he could simply start over. When you died here, well you just died. That was it. Finally the fool had started to see reason. A slow smile spread across Kranzer’s face as he bore witness to the impossible or so he thought. Suddenly his smile started to fade. “Wait what?” Dynaon wanted to be the hope of the people? That undying light that lived in their hearts and saw them through each and every day until the final floor is finally cleared and the final curtain set upon this mockery? He had to shake his head at that.

So what you’re saying is you want to be a martyr. Sure the words 'He fought for us' will be written on that tombstone of yours. Though words fade with time and you won’t find any glorious death here. Glory is to be found in surviving. You want to see this through to the end? Then make damn sure you live through it otherwise that hope you want to bring to everyone will be dashed like porcelain beneath the weight of a hammer.” Kranzer balled his fist and slammed it into his open palm as if to further illustrate his point. “Just," he said with a drawn out sigh. "Think. Don’t try and play the hero. Heroes freaking die man and their ‘legacy’ remains in the dirt along with them.” He had gotten a little flustered in all of this so he took a moment to let out a slow and drawn out breath.

Both of his hands ran down his face as if to wipe away the lines of concern that were etched into his face. Why was he even getting so invested in this man? Was it the fact that his sense of idealism was so strong that Kranzer just wanted to make the man see reason? Regardless he shook his head once more. “Look no matter what you can’t do this alone. First you need to find others to watch your back. Think things through and plan accordingly. Observe first and then act.”

It seemed that his words were being somewhat misunderstood, but it did lead Dynaon to really think about something. The definition of a 'hero' is a man who bested many evils and perished in the process. While their names may be remembered, they weren't exactly around to help with future disasters. He was right. He needed to survive if he was going to make a constant direction and make sure they got out of here alive. Then he spoke of someone needing to have his back at all times, because he wasn't going to be able to do this alone. He was right, for this, he was going to need a party. For the earlier levels, everything was volatile. If he didn't play his cards right, he would die on the spot. That wouldn't make for a good legacy at all. He's here to save the people, after all.

"Why don't you help me then? You'd be known as the first man to assist the Immortal King, the true man among men. The first mate, the right hand man, the co-captain, the royal knight. Any title you could come up with for the second-in-command, that has your name on it, Kranzy!" He let out a hearty laugh as he smiled over at the young man. "Plus, I'm not going to be a hero. I'm the Immortal King, self-proclaimed but soon fulfilled. I will never die in the grand scheme of things, no matter how hard someone hits me. I will rule over the people of Aincrad and lead them to victory from this hell." He wanted to get back to his family just as much as anyone else in this world. He was just one of those people that gave enough of a damn to do something about getting from point A to point B.

Woah wait just a minute there,” he started to say as he crossed his forearms together to form an X out in front of his body in response to the sudden idea that he could help watch Dynaon’s back and there was that strange pronunciation of his name. His brow furrowed in clear frustration as the man kept on talking about his grand dream. Immortal King? Hogwash is what Kranzer had to say to that. “Look I am not the one to watch your back in a fight. Offer you advice? Sure why not but to watch your back that means I would need to wade into the thick of it alongside you which is not an option. Also again my name is Kranzer not Kranzy.” Lowering his arms he rested his hands on his hips as he focused solely upon the fool that stood before him. “You might as well have named yourself King Arthur and be done with it!” Well that was a thought. Idly Kranzer scratched at his chin as he considered that.

Yes I could be your Merlin,” he said before his eyes widened and he raised a finger in order to shake it at Dynaon. “A less confrontational Merlin mind you… and without magic… who isn’t always around,” he said as he started to lose track of where he was going with that entire line of thinking. Suddenly he shook his head and a look of pure stubbornness flashed across his face. “Bah anyway, I don’t know about all this heroic stuff and clearing the floors personally.” His expression softened as he bore witness to the determination behind this man’s words. He seemed awfully intent to get out of this place. Kranzer wondered why since he just couldn’t relate with the man. After all what was waiting for him back in the real world? An empty house? He had no family to speak of. Even his dog Kranzer had died which is why he kept using the name as his screen name.

His chest deflated as a low sigh parted his lips. This was all too much for the indecisive player to take in. “How about we go back to Starter City and find a place to get some food or something.” The last thing he needed was to be out here after the sun set. The thought of being trapped out here in the dark when Raid Bosses might lurk behind every hill... well it was enough to send a shiver down his spine.

Edited by Kranzer

Dynaon really smiled at the thought of calling himself King Arthur. Funnily enough, it represented his ideals well enough, but he was more along the lines of an Alexander the Great. Kranzer was right about needed someone to ground him every once in a while, but he would never admit it out loud. Instead, the King's smile only widened at the thought of having his 'Merlin' as a teammate. He seemed to be very intent on getting out of the fields, and considering they managed to reap a few rewards already, maybe it was time for a break before taking on some more Boars. If Kranzer were to join him on his next trip to the fields, he would try to take care of the brunt of the damage. It was the least he owed him. If not, well.. there was some business he would have to take care of before the two of them met up again.

"Food does sound good.. Let's go to the Starlight Cafe, my treat! We'll grab some grub and talk out this Arthur and Merlin business." Now intent on making his way back to the city, Dynaon was the one to take the lead heading back to the Starter City. In truth, he had been walking through its streets not even an hour ago, but he didn't see much harm in going back. He'll be able to grind it out tomorrow, for sure. "To be honest, I think we've got a nice thing going on, Kranzy.. but I think you're scared to get hurt. Scared to take a risk. No offense, of course, but I think we need to toughen you up if you want to survive in this world. Don't worry, we'll get you some levels before I head up the floors!" He flashed a thumbs up back at the indecisive man as they headed for the entrance of the city, only to navigate through his menu and send Kranzer a party request.

Thankfully the idea of food seemed to appeal to this “Immortal King” so much that the man actually took the lead. This was great finally they were going to get out of the fields and return to the safe haven Starter City represented. “Starlight Cafe,” Kranzer muttered in response. Well it sounded good and he wasn’t above accepting free food. So he tagged along and let Dynaon take the lead in case anything happened to spawn in their path. Kranzer cringed at the bastardization of his name as he slowly shook his head. Why was this man calling him Kranzy? For now he just let the matter slide. The last thing he wanted to do was provoke the man into wanting to stay out here in the fields even a moment longer.

Then his eyes rose to see the thumbs up and they widened ever so slightly in indignation. “T-toughen me up,” he muttered in disbelief. Did he really just say that? Kranzer’s brow furrowed as he narrowed his eyes. “I am not scared thank you very much. I just,” he said as he adverted his gaze. “I just prefer to be cautious is all.” Dammit that fool had to go and put him on the spot like that. “Levels are fine and all but it isn’t that I need to be toughened up.” Once more his gaze fell upon Dynaon with a dim fire lit in his eyes. There was the start of something there but if Kranzer opted to take hold and follow that path remained to be seen.

What we need to do is to get your head out of the clouds and your feet planted firmly on the ground.” Oh he could go for a burger right now… Kranzer was so darned irritated. The ping of the <<Party Request>> brought him out of his thoughts. Kranzer glanced at the man momentarily as he realized that he wasn't just spewing hot air... he really intended to try and toughen him up. Kranzer groaned inwardly but ultimately he reached forward and pressed the accept button.

Edited by Kranzer

Upon having Kranzer join his party, Dynaon quickly closed out of his menu with a bright smile. He was happy to start getting a group together, because despite himself, killing off enemies was both easier and more entertaining with a crowd around. Plus, Kranzer seemed like a nice enough guy, right? It wasn't that this indecisive player was scared of being hurt, considering he did come in to try and save Dynaon, but he wanted to take things with a hint of caution. There was nothing wrong with that, patience was something that the King recognized as a possible choice of tactic. However, if he didn't at least get a single level up before trying that, how was he going to get kick started? He needed to gain that HP, and with this Armor, he was going to be able to outlast any enemy, for sure.

"If this is what the ground looks like, I wish I was a bird.." He hadn't even noticed he said such a thing out loud. The tone of his voice had dropped ever so slightly from his usual, elated mood. It was uncharacteristic to someone who knew him as face value. Dynaon quickly moved to smile again as they hit the entrance of the city. "Let's head to the Cafe. I know a shortcut." He led the way through the street for the next two minutes, only to reach the establishment with ease. Hoping that Kranzer would follow behind, Dynaon made his way inside and headed for a booth, sitting down in one of the free seats. He'd wait for their waiter to come along, tenting his hands. "So, you got a story? Everyone here has a real life, and you're no different."

The comment Dynaon made reached Kranzer’s ears but he didn’t know what to say. For a brief moment his gaze was lifted skyward though he had to shield his eyes from the sun. A bird eh? Flying through the clouds without a worry? That seemed oddly… fitting for this man somehow. Maybe it was due to the comment he’d made about Dynaon’s head being in the clouds? Although being a bird and being able to fly away was an appealing idea. Kranzer suddenly shook his head and dismissed the idealistic thoughts that crept into his mind. This wasn’t the time or place to fancy such dreams. He had to face the cold hard truth of reality. If he allowed his mind to wander that could only lead to disaster. Kranzer was rather pessimistic in life which was probably rather evident.

Kranzer followed the fool through the city streets fully expecting him to get them lost but when they arrived at the cafe a short while later he had to admit he was impressed. Though he didn’t tell Dynaon that, oh heck no. Inside they went and Kranzer sat at the opposite side of the booth. Then things took a turn towards the awkward. Dynaon asked about Kranzer’s story. About his life. A cloud of doubt flowed over Kranzer’s face as his expression shifted. It wasn’t really something he was comfortable talking about and so he quickly tried to evade the question by asking one of his own. “So tell me. What’s the story behind this Immortal King claim of yours?”

Kranzer made a swift dodge to Dynaon's question by shooting one of his own, but the King was none the wiser as he moved in on the opportunity to talk about himself. "The Immortal King.. it's what I'm known as in other MMOs. Once I get my build together and properly level up, I never die. I'm built to take damage, built to become the hope of everyone, for people to stand behind me and have no fear of taking any damage. Here, I want people to get used to the sight of my back. Not because they'll be eating my dust, but because I'll be protecting them. I'll make sure they get from point A to point B." He clutched his fist ever so slightly as he looked toward Kranzer, an honest fire beginning to flare up in his eyes. Determination was a clolor that Dynaon showed to the world, but it grew brighter as he went on.

"I've been doing some research over the time between the big announcement and the present day, trying to figure out what would be the most efficient build to make myself Immortal. I think I figured something out, but it's going to be extremely difficult to get to that point. It may take weeks, months, even years to get there.. but once I do, I'll be on the Frontlines, taking damage for my teammates and making sure we get out of this place alive. I'll save hundreds of thousands of lives by being the shield to the blades of many. I will be the Immortal King, the person that everyone calls upon when they need protection." He quickly noticed that the people of the restaurant were paying attention to him, his voice only growing louder over time before noticing. "A-Ahh.. well, that being said, what have you been doing since you came to SAO?"