[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> Pursuit of Health [COMPLETE]

Dynaon didn't exactly know where to begin, now that he was left to his own devices. He had only recently hit the second level in this game, and with that small amount of growth, so many opportunities presented themselves to him. He needed to start gathering proper equipment so he wouldn't lose his life to some mere Boar. While he trusted his new breastplate given to him by Kranzer, he couldn't help but feel a little nervous about trusting a low grade piece of armor with his very life.

Edited by Dynaon

If his research was done correctly, he knew the only way to get some nice armor is to find a Blacksmith. However, this was only the first floor. He didn't trust himself to fight enemies on the highest floors just yet, considering his level was still on the smaller side of things, but he needed to find some equipment soon before going out to face off against the deadly enemies of the fields yet again. Perhaps he would be able to find some guidance if he just went out into the streets and looked around.

Edited by Dynaon

Dynaon moved to start walking down the streets of the city he started in. So much in his life had changed over the past week, all things considered. Before the week had began, he was making the highest marks in college and was making his family proud. Now he was being held hostage by a damn video game. It wasn't exactly something you could put on a resume, but it was going to be an achievement if Dynaon got out of this virtual hell alive. If.

Before long, Dynaon was met with a very peculiar sight. He noticed that one of the men on the side of the street he was walking on had an exclamation point above his head. He didn't seem to be one of the players, considering how still he was standing to begin with, so he must have offered some kind of quest if someone chose to speak to him. The King was not about to pass up on the opportunity to reap some sweet rewards!

Edited by Dynaon

Dynaon moved over to get in front of the NPC before trying to speak to him. "Hello--" Before he could even get through the introductions, he was interrupted by a prompt.

Quest: <<Earning a Living>>

>> Accept
Deny

So it was a quest! Dynaon didn't even bother with reading the prompt before he clicked the 'Accept' button, causing the notification to disappear. The King smiled at the thought of proceeding forward. He was going to show Kranzer what he was made of by getting ahead of him in levels. He would show him!

"Ahh, yes, you must be the young man I've been expecting. Come then." The NPC slowly made his way into the building behind him, Dynaon quickly following after him with a bright smile on his face. His first quest was sure to be an exciting one, wasn't it?! Anything less wouldn't be worthy of the Immortal King's time, after all. "I showed up because you have a need. A need for money, I presume?"

Edited by Dynaon

"The great Dynaon does need money, my good man! If I don't get any armor, I won't survive a day out there on the battlefield, and this world can't afford to lose me. Without me, who is going to lead the masses to salvation?" The old NPC merely laughed at his words and began to dig into a chest within the room. It looked like the building hadn't been touched in the ages. Same for this old man, actually. He laughed a bit at his own inner thoughts as the NPC approached him once more.

"If you want to make money, you're going to have to earn it, Dynaon. It's going to require some work, but if you desire, you can go to any area in this world and extract <<Material>> from the objects around you. Rocks, plants, water, anything can become <<Material>> with the right luck. You can use these materials to create amazing items and sell them for profit, which will allow you to buy the items you seek. There are plenty of professions that you can choose from, but it all depends on what your personal preference would be."

Edited by Dynaon

Dynaon nodded at the information he was provided, showing off a confident smile as he began to speak. "So, I just gotta get a job? That'll be easy! I just need to hit the ol' grind for some Materials and make something that people need in the world. What do you think I could do, sir?" He showed off his determination as he got closer to the NPC, who didn't seem to react at all to the sudden personal space invasion. Neat scripting for the game, but it seemed really hard to get a rise out of something that couldn't really feel emotions in the first place.

Edited by Dynaon

"Well, for a person of your appearance, I'd suggest being a Blacksmith. You could forge all sorts of armor and sell it to the masses, but unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to wear any of your stock." Dynaon was on board with the concept until the NPC got to the later part of the sentence. It seemed like it would be too tempting to steal from his own stock if he made some super amazing armor. It was too stressful for him. "No, sir, I think that'll be a deal breaker for me. I'd rather be able to wear the armor rather than watch it go out of my store. Is there anything else that I could do?"

"Well, you could be an Alchemist. We don't have too many of those come in these days, after all. You'd be making potions and eventually crystals that could heal your HP and buff up your stats temporarily. If you sell them for cheap, you'd actually make a pretty good killing with the lower level players!" An Alchemist? It didn't exactly seem like the grand job that Dynaon envisioned himself taking up, but in reality, he didn't exactly getting a job at all until about five minutes ago. Plus, he'd be saving lives!

"That seems like it'd be right up my alley, sir. What kind of tools am I going to need to get started with creating potions?" The man merely nodded at the acceptance and moved back to his chest, grabbing a foreign item from the inside. He returned to Dynaon and held his hand out, a trade request popping up on his menu. <<Material>> was the name of the item that the man offered. "You start with this one, but you can gather more in the areas I mentioned before, Dynaon. Take this and begin your craft."

Edited by Dynaon

Dynaon quickly accepted the trade request and watched as the notification showed him that he had the material. He navigated through his menu with ease, letting the material float in an orb between his palms. It looked like a small pebble, but knowing the potential of the game's code, it could be made into just about anything. "So, what do I do with it? Just concentrate, or do I go in my menu for something involving it?"

"If you use your menu and click on your Material, it'll give you a new option to 'Craft' the material. From there, the game will roll a dice you can't see. Depending on the result, you'll get your item. It's extremely difficult to make good items at first, but as you gain more experience, you'll get better at creating the items. Go ahead and try it right now." Dynaon nodded at the old man, start to go through his menu.

He saw the <<Material>> in his inventory and clicked on it, seeing the new option 'Craft' come up. He clicked upon it, watching the pebble float into the air slightly before glowing with a bright light. It was being crafted into an item that Dynaon now had the ability to create with his Alchemist profession. It was finally time to see what his natural luck was going to give him. Would it be an amazing item, or would he be destined to fail on the first try? Only time would tell as the pebble was morphed into..

Edited by Dynaon

Nothing. It was absolutely nothing. The pebble and the orb holding it shattered in front of Dynaon, leaving him with the 'Failure' notification taunting him. It took everything within the King's body to not punch the notification for saying such a thing to him, but this was a natural fact of life. At least it was only a dice roll and not something major, like saving a person's life. The old man straightened out his expression and quickly approached the King.

Roll ID #51019 - CD: 4 [Failure!]

Edited by Dynaon
Rolled.

"It's okay, you were extremely close to succeeding. According to the dice result, if you would have just rolled one number higher, you would have actually gotten something out of it. You should be proud! Most players actually get critical failures, which is a lot more.. volatile. You must be a natural at this profession. You'll be making plenty of potions for players in no time flat!"

Edited by Dynaon

Dynaon took every word that the old man was spoonfeeding him to heart. This NPC was right, he couldn't get down on himself just because he broke one lousy material! All he had to do was farm a bunch of them from the fields so he could make a lot of items and sell them to the players for cheap. He would be a natural hero both on and off the battlefield! It was such a genius strategy that he was surprised he didn't come up with it himself. Oh wait, he did. Still, it was going to be an amazing journey to creating potions for the masses.

Edited by Dynaon

"If you know what you must do, then your quest here is over. Happy travels, Dynaon." With that, the NPC moved into another room of the building to remove himself from Dynaon's sight, only for another notification to pop up in front of him. The Quest <<Earning a Living>> was completed, and his rewards were shown to him. He would be able to make a custom title around the word 'Alchemist', he gained 2 SP, and he would gain an amount of Material that would be determined soon after completion. Definitely nice loot for a quest!

Edited by Dynaon

He swiped the completion notification away and turned around, heading out of the dusty building. Soon after he exited, the same NPC walked outside and the exclamation point appeared over his head once more. Huh. Was this quest repeatable or was his like that for the display of all the players? Meh, he didn't want to think about it too hard. He had to go find Kranzer so they could go hunting for Boars and materials! Hopefully he had leveled up by now so things would be a little easier on the both of them.