[SP - F1] Once Bitten, Twice Smithin <<Making a living>>

Inspecting the quality of his tekko-Kagi, Alakir grimaced. Even though the weapon had it's durability full, he could see the telltale cosmetic chips and rust on his weapons, alerting people to it's inferior quality. After all, it was the starting weapon version, but surely someone could get him a better one! or... maybe he could make one! After all, if he made it, he had noone to blame but himself if the equipment failed and caused his death. Frowning at the dark thought, Alakir shook his head and walked to the outskirts of the town of beginnings. He knew enough that he would have to search for materials to use first. Time to test his luck.

Edited by Alakir
Merged replies

Hovering around the exit, Alakir gazed about the field, looking for any telltale signs of useful stuff. Due to his scrutiny, he was rewarded with the sight of what appeared to be boar tusks, left due to their unassuming use. Smiling at his good fortune and seeing no one else it could belong to, he stooped down to pick up the tusks, the idea of a new set of weapons already being formed into his mind. He was off to a good start, and hoped that his good luck would continue to work in his favour. If so, then he'd be smithing in no time!

ID# 51645 results:

Loot: 17

+1 MAT

Edited by Alakir

On his way back into the town, Alakir glanced this way and that, wondering whether he'd spot anything else of use. In his excitement to head back, he had neglected the truth that he would probably fail a fair few times before his first success, and so would need more than one material to use. Sheepishly, he looked at his surroundings, hoping to see the telltale glint of a dropped loot item. Suddenly, his foot nudged something, and as he looked down, he smiled at the sight of more boar tusks. It was like he had his own personal guardian angel helping him. Offering a small prayer of thanks, he picked up the tusks, juggling them, as he entered back into town.

ID# 51649 results:

Loot: 15

Edited by Alakir
Dice rolled

As he walked through town, Alakir spied a small notice board. He walked up to the board, noticing the multiple notices, ranging from Missing posters, to different quests and advertisements. One such one, was a small weapons store called Primal Purchases, which sold animal named weapons. Intrigued by the idea, Alakir reached for the notification to gain more info, and was surprised to receive a notification asking him if he wished to take a player request named "A Widow's Wish". Pondering the meaning behind the notice, he headed off to find the shop, interested by what the purpose of the request was.

After a small walk, Alakir came upon the small store, nestled between a cafe, and a hotel it seemed. He nodded silently, praising the location of the store. Even though it was in the town of beginnings, it still had a prime location for selling it's good. The building itself was small, merely one story, but the woodwork showed that much care and detail had been put into it's creation, with a hanging sign depicting a roaring beast, with three scratch marks marring it's otherwise serene visage. Impressed by the building, Alakir knocked on the door -because manners were important- before hearing a kind gentle voice speak, urging him in. Silently, he opened the door and entered the store.

A small Jingle met Alakir's ears as he entered, most likely from the bell at the top of the door. He calmly stepped in, making sure to close the  door behind him, before facing the lone woman manning the counter, with a sad smile on her face. "Welcome stranger. I'd offer you my wares, but we... I have very low quality stuff left to sell." Alakir did not miss the Woman's mistake, and he felt a weight on his shoulders. 'So this is the "Widow" then. Such a shame for one so young.' He thought sadly. Now that he looked at her, She was a lovely young girl, barely 17 it seemed, but it was always hard for him to judge. She possessed short cut blue hair, and an unmarred pale face, but stood strong and proud, like she could fight a raid boss on her own. Smiling at her strength, Alakir stated "Ah please, call me Alakir my dear, and if you believe yourself to have nothing to sell, then would you do me the honour of keeping me company, my fair lady?" his voice taking on a kind jesting tone near the end as he performed an exaggerated bow.

Giggling slightly, the lady smiled, before her expression turned neutral. "I know why you are here Alakir. I was alerted the moment you entered my shop that you had accepted my request. You are most likely curious what i want from you." Alakir's face adopted the same expression. Business time. "Yes, I must profess the request was remarkably vague. What is it you require of me miss...?" Nodding she gestured around to her near empty shop "Robin. Robin ...Taylor. As you can see, I am running out of stock. My ... late partner was the blacksmith and I would be the person who sells it to people for them. They were always so shy..." At this point, Robin started tearing up, as Alakir rushed forward to comfort her with a hug. "I know Loss hurts. I'm sorry. I know you both must have been close, and had something special. So please, let me know how i can help you." Alakir said, his voice filling with determination.

Rubbing her eyes, she gave a small thanks before continuing. "I need a new blacksmith for the shop. I know enough to teach people what to do, and all the equipment's in the back, but... I don't have it in me to commit to it myself. It;s to painful." She looked up at Alakir quickly "So your going to do it!" Caught flat footed, Alakir could only give an unintelligible grunt as he was hauled into the back, wondering all the while what her strength stat must be for her to make this look easy. Before he knew it, he was stumbling to stand up straight in front of the anvil, with Robin looking at him expectantly.

Robin explained to Alakir the basics of blacksmithing. And by explained, that meant... well...

"You hit the thing with the thingy! " was repeated over and over again to him. He could only gape at her. What happened to her saying she knew the basics! She knew nothing about it it seemed! Sighing, Robin sent him a small glare. "Look, you need to just put the material on the anvil, then hit it, and hope you get lucky. Use the hammer thing to hit it! Not your weapon. That doesn't work i found out..." she trailed off embarrassed. She quickly sshook her head before turning to him, now with a smile on her face. "Give it a try! It can't be that bad!" Exasperated, Luke put one of his set of boar tusks on to the anvil, and lifted the hammer. CLANG!

ID# 51672 results:

Craft: 4

And promptly dispersed his set of Boar tusks into Crystals of light.

Edited by Alakir

Speechless, He rushed to try again. Surely he could do better than that! Rushing to find his other, determined to do better, Robin smiled at his eagerness, glad to know she had found someone genuinely interested and kind, even if he had done awful. She chuckled to herself seeing him flail about his menus, before he gave a shout of "AHA!" and put more tusks down, before slamming his hammer down with a giant bellow of effort, thinking if he hit it harder, maybe he'd getter better results! CLANG!

ID# 51673 results:

Craft: 4

And got the same result once again!

Edited by Alakir

He dropped to his knees, shocked. How was he so bad at this? He started Crying waterfalls of tears, whilst robin could only scratch her head chuckling softly. It wasn't down to him really, it's just luck at that level. Smiling she hauled him to his feet. "C'mon, help me look around, we'll have to see what we can scavenge from around here. Surely we have some materials left." She murmured, dragging Alakir around to look for something to craft.

ID# 51691 results:

Loot: 17

In the corner, Alakir was able to scavenge some left over claws from what appeared to be a cat mob. Robin merely laughed sheepishly "Yeah I really need to clean up around here."

Edited by Alakir

Standing up, Alakir performed the slow trudge towards the anvil, worried of failing yet again at the simple task. He slowly reached out and placed the beast claws on to the anvil, and sighed, disheartened. What was gonna make this attempt any different? He wasn't doing very well, maybe this shop isn't for him. Maybe it deserved someone better... No! He refused to give up! Not now, not ever! Even if it takes 100 attempts, he would make something of worth! Here goes nothing!

ID# 51694 results:

Craft: 2

And was blasted back by the destruction of the claws, falling flat on his ass, gritting his teeth from the jarring blow. 

Edited by Alakir

But Alakir stood back up to search around the store. He would complete this request no matter what! Even if it seemed the game was fighting him, he would fight back! He looked high and low, searching throughout the store, for any thing to use, anything at all. There had to be something! Even if there was nothing here, he would go out in the fields again! Nothing could stop him! Robin merely watched as the strange, yet strong willed man raided her store room, silently in wonder at how hard he was trying, to perform something so simple.

ID# 51695 results:

Loot: 4

After finding nothing Alakir jumped up and grabbed Robin's hand, and dragged her out the store, determined to find more materials. Robin could only let out sounds of glee at how fast she seemed to be going, flying towards the fields on the outskirts of the town of beginnings.

Edited by Alakir

Alakir came to a sudden stop, instantly dropping to the ground as he scoured the fields, for any signs of materials that could be used. He was persistant, perceptive, and pretty damn excited! Even through failure he was having fun! Robin was nice enough after- ROBIN! Realising what he'd done, he stood up and turned to apologise, but before he could, Robin brushed it off "Get back to work! You still need to be impress me." She teased. Embarrassed, Alakir resumed his hunt for items.

ID# 51697 results:

Loot: 7

Finding no success at the entrance, he motioned to Robin and the two moved further out.

Edited by Alakir

As they ventured out into the plains, Robin continued to mock Alakir's poor luck, as he walked along blowing it off as not his fault, and that the system just hated him now for being him. Robin just laughed and they both got down to simply looking for more mats. The less time spent in these dangerous plains the better, so they knuckled down and started searching.

ID# 51702 results:

Loot: 4

To no avail. The pickings appeared to be slim. Both felt disheartened, but simply kept looking.

Edited by Alakir

The Endurance of Alakir was being put to the test, as he searched through the fields for anything of worth. He only needed one! Why couldn't he find anything anymore? He Glimpsed over to his companion, who seemed to at least be enjoying getting out and about. She still seemed to carry her pain with her, and he doubted he could make it go away. She must have really loved the person, whoever they were. He looked down at the field once more.

ID# 51735 results:

Loot: 18

And was rewarded with the sight of a bundle of claws! Gleefully he turned to Robin, who smiled back at him.

Edited by Alakir

As he brushed himself off, Alakir bounded about, happily searching for any more materials. He really Didn't feel like making this trip again with no success. He turned to Robin, seeing her searching about brought a smile to his face. She seemed to be in her element now, and the pain she carried with her seemed to be forgotten, at least for the moment. Grinning, he turned to the expansive fields, searching for another material.

ID# 51812 results:

Loot: 15

And was rewarded with the sight of an almost faded material. Frantically he grabbed the tusks, and signalled to Robin to head back. Time to try again.

Edited by Alakir

Back at Primal Purchases, Alakir rushed in to the back room, Robin frantically following him, excited to see him succeed... hopefully. He hadn't been lucky so far, but he knew he could succeed! And he wouldn't stop until he did. Alakir picked up the discarded hammer, and placed the material on the anvil. Bracing himself after receiving the go ahead from Robin, he slightly tapped the material with his hammer. Tink!

ID# 51814 results:

Craft: 8

And was rewarded finally, with a morphing body of light.

Edited by Alakir

Excited, Alakir pumped his fists into the air. "I did it! Finally!" He turned and hugged Robin, and the two laughed and cheered, despite the triviality of the task. For now they were just too happy to care. Alakir turned and picked up the item he made. It was far from a masterpiece. it was jagged and serrated, but was no amazing creation. But now, he didn't care. He placed the appropriately named <<Tiger Claw's>>, in his inventory, before placing his last material down. Might as well finish it off, and get some practice in. He swung the hammer down, his grin plastered on his face for the world to see.

ID# 51827 results:

Craft: 6

Loot: 18

And created a rather marred weapon. Instantly, he broke the bad quality weapon down into it's materials.

Edited by Alakir

Undeterred, Alakir merely turned to Robin. "That was just a test of course you know." He said sheepishly. Robin gave a small laugh "But of course. I know you'll do better this time. You've already done it once before. You can do it again." Smiling, Alakir nodded, before turning to his work. He raised the hammer, for the final time that day, and struck the material fast and hard. CLANG!

ID# 51828 results:

Craft: 6

And got the same malformed weapon as before!

Edited by Alakir