[PP:F3] Complete! House of Tragedies [Piera]

Opal woke up in the morning feeling refreshed, yet she was lazing about in her bed as one arm shifted from out of the covers and hung over the side. Her white eyes blinked several times sheepishly as if she was attempting to wake up from a long night of preparing for the boss fight after the meeting had happened. There was a lot on everyone's plate lately between getting restorative items cooked up from alchemists and food items prepared from chefs all the more so for others to be mentally prepared for the viscous nature of the next raid. To be honest, Opal had been dealing with much stress lately due to those facts as well as personal feelings. Being a woman was more difficult that she had liked with her hormones always on blast, but she dealt with them with stride. 

Clearing her throat, the woman turned her naked form over and looked up into the ceiling. She had found herself on floor three doing a bit of late night grinding in the Forest of Wavering Mist and had come to this Inn to turn in for the evening. Albeit, it was not for the grinding or the shoddy points of experience, it was to help alleviate the burden and stress of the day by just mowing down mobs and creatures to deal with her current frustrations at hand. Lifting her body up, the sheets rolled off her silky smooth skin, the woman bore no shame as she slipped over the side of the bed, placing both feet on the old wooden ground and raising her slender arms upwards to stretch. She gave a hearty yawn, and stood up, her body shimmered as the woman was wrapped in her Vice Commander's Uniform. She moved to the large mirror to the room and combed her fingers through her hair, the platinum locks mixed with the scarlet tendrils mixed and formed and fell over her in the standard way over her eye as she breathed in and then exhaled slowly nodding to herself. 

Finished and ready to start off the day, the woman left her room and exited the Inn, waving a simply goodbye to the keeper and finding her place outside. The sun overhead was blaringly bright, Opal had to blink several times to adjust to the daylight. But what was she to do today? The Forest of Wavering Mist was an option, killing a slew of zombies or other related things could be a good idea, some extra materials never hurt. Or...

The Vice Commander had remembered seeing Piera at the Hot Springs that Mack had hosted in name of the Knights of the Blood Oath, she was still upset with him after what had transpired, even more so because she was fond of several men at the time who in turn probably turned her down because they thought she was his. There was a scowl on her face as her nails bit in her the flesh of her balled fist, then she relaxed and allowed her muscles to surrender. Relaxing her fingers from the fist, the woman drew up her menu and to her contact list to Piera, she was not the only woman who was tricked into this apparently by that brutish thug. 

To: Piera
Body: Hi! Sorry this is late notice, but do you think you would be up for a visit? I know a nice spot overlooking the field of dandelions in Delilah. I'll send you the coordinates in this message. I'll see you soon. - Opal

With that message sent, the Vice Commander found herself in that very destination overlooking a massive field of dandelions blowing with the breeze. The woman sat on a bench and placed her hands on her lap and just rested, taking in the nature of the sounds around her. But it was a quiet day, and that was the most enthralling aspect as of now. 

Edited by Opal

Piera awoke to the ping of an incoming message. The brunette squinted her eyes open before immediately regretting it as light shone in her face, causing her to frown and screw her face up before rolling over with a groan. She had trouble getting to sleep again last night. Some nights were harder than others and for some reason, Lee's warm presence wasn't enough to combat her dark thoughts that prevented her from relaxing enough to slumber. Jareth sleepily protested as she pushed herself up to squint over at her boyfriend's side of the bed. He was awake, still looking sleepy as he scrolled through his menu. Smiling tiredly at the reassuring sight, the young woman kissed his shoulder before resting her head on it and opening the message she had received. Before promptly sitting up in surprise at the sender. Lee petted her back and she patted his leg reassuringly as she read the contents of said message. The brunette felt excitement simultaneously with anxiousness at Opal wanting to meet with her. She wanted to see the other woman as she looked up to her, but was also a little worried that this was about what had happened at the hot springs. Even if it was though, she owed her to at least show up and talk it over. But who knew, maybe she just wanted to chew the fat?

Cuddling with Lee for a little while longer and speaking to him over what happened and her plans, he agreed and thought it was a good idea for her to go out and see a friend. She would be safe in the safe zone after all. Nodding, Piera gave him a kiss on the cheek before getting up and ready for the day, putting on her glasses and usual outfit of a dark purple dress but made sure that all of her armor and weapons were safely in her inventory still. After exiting her home and shop with Jareth gliding behind her, Piera stopped into a player ran cafe nearby and picked up some muffins for breakfast. She didn't need to consult the message, knowing exactly the area Opal referred to. She occasionally used it as a thinking spot when she was feeling too cooped up in the shop. It was odd having the freedom to roam again...and a little terrifying. But she wouldn't be going far, she tried to reassure herself.

Walking along the barely carved path, the bespectacled alchemist approached the bench that held the person she was to meet, looking very impressive in her guild uniform. "G'mornin'." Piera greeted softly with a hand raised in a tentative wave before moving to sit on the opposite side of the bench. "I brought breakfast. Blueberry and cream cheese muffins if you want some. Or um, well I think it's blueberry. It smells like it, but I can't pronounce the name." The tan and white owl griffin perched itself on the back of the bench between the two women, sniffing interestedly at the pastries. Piera left the bag open between them before reaching in and procuring one. Picking out one of the berries, she held it towards Jareth who plucked it form her fingers and scarfed it down. 

The voice of the superior alchemist was mingled in the breeze of the wind as Opal took a moment to stand and greet her before both of them sat back down, "Good morning," the Vice Commander said, her voice was soft and held a sweeter tone than the last night they had spoken. They relaxed for the moment and Piera had brought breakfast, the smell of the gourmet muffins sent Opal into a small hunger frenzy as the bag was opened and the owl creature familiar made way to the bench to perch between the two. Piera fed a fruited morsel to the bird and Opal smiled, finding a muffin to call her own before breaking it apart and chewing on the said piece. It had a rich flavor to it and she knew it was something she needed, normally passing up breakfast to get in an extra hour or two of hunting in. 

"That is your familiar? It is quite a charming and adorable creature. I have yet to do the Familiar Quest myself still. I am so busy these days it might not be fair on my part to take on a partner to care for or give attention to." The woman spoke of the present which was the subject at hand for the time being, but she was also more curious about the past. Between the two of them they had only shared a few days with one another. Opal had looked up to Piera and even presented as a small case of jealousy as she was able to handle herself. She was a beautiful woman and possibly had a more stable mind than her own. But because of those traits she was looked upon highly by the Vice Commander. 

Clearing her throat of the food debris, Opal turned her body to express a more comfortable position with the woman beside her, "It has been awhile since we last spoke, huh? I guess it was that time at Mack's Grand Mastering party? Hahaha, that was such a fun day. I remember Shirosu having to drag me to the bedroom because I ended up drinking too much. But we didn't get much chance to just talk one on one. A lot has happened since then, my world..." the woman swept a hand through her platinum blond and crimson streaked hair, "it has been flipped upside down more than a dozen times now. I have made decisions I regret, make vows I had to break, I have done some horrible things to people. And then I became Vice Commander of this the Knights of the Blood Oath. Tells you lot about the history of a person," Opal said, looking at the field of dandelions sprawled out in front of them. It was a beautiful day on the floor with just the right amount of the breeze to give it a serene and calming effect. 

The two women and familiar munched quietly as the soft breeze gently rustled hair, feathers and fur. The brunette felt content when she saw Opal reach for her own muffin, glad that it wasn't against her tastes. Feeding another 'blueberry' to Jareth, the young woman glanced at her companion as she complimented him. The owl griffin swallowing the morsel whole before cooing happily in a low tone, at the food and compliment both. Piera hesitated before replying, "I know what you mean. Having someone to look after and distract you from other things is nice sometimes though. I know most players only get them for their unique abilities, but I'd be happy with Jareth even if he couldn't do anything other than look cute and be entertaining. Same as any other pet. I...did feel guilty though. I didn't have Jareth for long before...we were taken." The alchemist finished lamely, not knowing how to put it delicately. "Five months is a long time for a familiar to be alone, but he managed somehow." She sometimes daydreamed about the adventures he might have gotten up to on his own.

Taking another bite of muffin, Piera chewed silently as she looked out at the beautiful view. She never knew what to say to women, but especially Opal. To her, she was the epitome of everything she wasn't. Beautiful and sexual, intelligent and confident, charismatic and brave, not to mention a high leveled frontliner. The list went on. Frankly the bespectacled woman admired and looked up to her. So it wasn't surprising that she was a little intimidated when alone in the other woman's presence. It was easy when they were in a group, especially with Mack. He pretty much always managed to take center stage and she knew her role in that group dynamic. Now though... She chewed silently.

But when she heard a feminine throat clearing, the brunette froze in her chewing motion and glanced at the platinum blonde as she made a remark about when they last truly spoke with one another. Swallowing her mouthful and lowering her muffin, Piera felt a small smile lift her mouth as she recalled that afternoon. "That was fun. More than I thought it would be. There were some quite interesting stories shared." She let out a soft chuckle as she remembered one in particular before her mind went to Shirosu helping Opal out. "I seem to remember it more of you trying to get Shirosu to your bedroom. Though I suppose all's well that ends well... I'm...sorry we haven't gotten to talk much or hang out. We never really got to know each other though we kept bumping into each other, heh."

As Opal paused before mentioning a hint of what had happened since then, Piera was silent as she absorbed what she said. "What do you think it tells?" Piera asked curiously. "To be honest, it doesn't tell me much. Everyone has regrets. Makes mistakes or hard decisions. At least you're owning to them and not making any excuses." The serenity of the scene before them belied the tenseness that the brunette was feeling internally. It was a mix of hope, nerves and anxiousness. Glad that she was being able to speak to another woman semi-naturally and yet feeling like she was going to mess up at any moment. She always felt like she would say something wrong or that a girl might take more offense to something she might say without thinking, more so than a man at least.

"That is true. I feel as though I let a lot of time slip through because of who I became when I got out of my training. You see, I haven't talked a lot about what happened up in those mountains during my time training.." The woman sat there with her muffin, looking at it as if attempting to decode the world around it through the breakfast item. Her eyes narrowed slightly, "But I feel as though, since you are a woman, I can trust you. I mean, you are good woman, Piera. Far better person than I am. Well, I suppose..." Opal wondered where she would start her story. She brought up a leg and hooked it with one arm as she took a bite of the delectable muffin. She chewed it thoroughly and then spoke once more starting the series of events.

"Master Myoga was a tough old man. Every day was a routine, the same exercises, the same arm movements. It was to introduce me to discipline and that was something that was not familiar with me. Things were going well though, I was learning so much of the tricks and trades of being a ninja and a samurai, the skills that came with it. And the hardening of my soul and heart. But a month in, something happened..." the woman's voice dropped slightly, the oncoming breeze sat around them for a moment, hair being moved by the gentle gust before moving forward away bringing upon the scent of dandelions to them. 

"That's when a man named Volcano showed up...and flipped my world upside down on the head. You see, there was a rumor going around that Master Myoga had picked up on a unique skill which he did not have. Of course, Volcano was sent by another man to do his dirty work. This man was one known as Sensui. Sensui runs a PK guild, but he has yet to stain his hands of any blood, but everyone acknowledges him as a superior warrior and a cold, calculated mind. If I have ever saw the devil in my life, that man was him..." once more her voice trailed off, she bit down on her bottom lip. 

"Volcano and his squad of assassins came to our Temple in the dead of the night. They were to bring me back as prisoner. Master Myoga defended me as much as he could but he was over powered and by that time he was already getting sick. I was knocked unconscious and found myself in a dark cell, chained and bound with barely a shred of clothing on. I was tortured and raped for a few weeks until everything inside was dirty and filthy. The creek of a door, the very light that exposed me when that door opened for my 'treatment' these were phobias that came with me when I was rescued, but when that happened. I was already too far gone..." The woman didn't lose a beat in her voice as she spoke. She had told herself things were better now, but that was only half the story so far. 

A smile on her face though as she looked to Piera, "I didn't mean to put that onto you. Its good to talk about it once in awhile though, I feel sometimes I need to scream or get angry about it. Still to this day...I haven't got my revenge, because of what happened after all of that..." Opal lifted her hand and formed a fist, "I never knew how truly terrifying of a person I was until I allowed that part of me to come out." 

Piera listened with open curiosity as Opal mentioned that something happened when she had left for her training. She had heard brief mentions of Opal leaving from Jomei and Mack, but just that she had left and returned stronger for it apparently. However when the taller female stated that Piera was a far better person than she was, the brunette's eyes became wide behind her glasses. She wanted to state that she was fairly sure that that wasn't true, if it could even be decided at all. But Opal continued to speak and she didn't want to interrupt. It seemed important for her to tell her for some reason. Even if she completely disagreed with her on that point, she stayed silent as she listened. At first it sounded a bit....fantastical, though still plausible. The younger alchemist petted Jareth to keep him quiet as Opal continued her story, though she was starting to feel a pit of dread form in her stomach when she mentioned Sensui, the leader of a PK guild. And it only got worse from there.

Piera's face paled at the other woman's matter of fact tone as she explained what was done to her, her expression barely holding back the horror she was feeling as she glanced down at her lap. She felt sick. How could she think she had a hard time when her friend had experienced such horrifying hardship and cruelty? Yet when she glanced back at Opal, the buxom woman was smiling, even saying that she didn't mean to put this all on her! Shaking her head, Piera stated, "No, it's fine. Please, any time y-you need to talk. I'm not sure what I can do, but..." The brunette's voice drifted off, unsure what to say without sounding disingenuous. But her brow furrowed at the last statement the platinum blonde made. "Everyone needs some sort of release, expression. Especially after going through...an ordeal like that." Something the older woman said stuck with her though... "You don't seem too far gone to me. ...What...What happened? How did you escape? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I-I just..." What? "How did you deal with it? After you got out?"

"Release?" Opal laughed lightly, her hand now a gentle palm swept through her blonde locks, her crystal white eyes magnified and seemed to sparkle like diamonds as she looked out to the perfect sea of flowing dandelions. The breeze pushing them all to one side giving a uniformed looked before gently erecting back into place, "Oh, I got my release alright. Well, that came after though..." 

The woman sat there silent for another moment, folding her hands over her lap. She didn't move, her eyes never blinked. She was like a statue just staring out to the yellow and green field barely giving notice to anything else around her, "My escape, yes... Master Myoga called upon a few friends, some perhaps not as morale as he, but friends none the less. I escaped but my soul was left behind and any trace of my former self. I was disgusting, defiled, dirty to the core for what had happened to me. I cried endlessly for days, sometimes not even able to sleep. But then, something switched on inside of me. All that pity turned to anger, all that sadness turned to hate. I realized how much of this world I hated, the people...the filth and trash, the dogs that littered the streets of Aincrad. All of that...all of them I hated. I focused my attention on that hate and anger, Master Myoga refusing to teach me the advanced skills of the trade because he knew my anger was explosive. So I did what I was taught to do, I lied. I used his knowledge against him, but in the end he knew what I was doing and he reluctantly gave in. The following few nights, I made a decision. I killed Opal, I put her down into the ground where she would never rise again." 

Opal stretched her arms and legs out, relaxing in response to her own story, her body slipping off the bench lightly as her boots dug into the grass before coming to a standstill. She didn't once look at Piera while she continued her story, instead she was focusing on the field of dandelions before her, "In order to bury Opal, I cut my hair and did away with the attention [censored] of a woman. I dedicated the remaining weeks mastering the Katana and then, I left, well...briefly. And that is when I took my revenge on the filth of this world to ease my insatiable urge to slaughter. I wanted to hunt down Sensui, that bastard, for what he had done to me. But I wanted him to suffer above all else. So I targeted his crimes rings in Urbus, I made a name for myself there as a protector and guardian...and I reveled in the blood that I spilled those nights when I was on the prowl. But along the way, I lost myself even more. To deal with the light, I bled through the darkness. Forbidden alchemized items, Opium, alcohol, anything that would rip those memories from my mind. I was soulless, nothing, just a shadow of myself. Yet my Crusade continued until I heard Master was dying. I came back to comfort him, but those remaining days that I stayed were too much for me. I lost myself once more and fell into sadness." 

Opal had continued her tale, as sad or as terrifying it was, clearly it was not over. There was still so much to tell Piera, but why was she offering all of this to a woman she barely knew? Perhaps because she saw a bit of her old self in the wiser alchemist. Behind those glasses seemed like a frightened woman, a soul torn apart as many times as it was put back together. She would tell Piera of her mistakes, so that she would not find use to do the same. 

Piera's gaze was riveted to Opal's still form as she continued her personal tale, explaining how she got her 'release'. It was a familiar story, one repeated through the ages, albeit under varying circumstances, but that was because it was all too common for such things to happen to people sadly. She herself could hardly believe that even here they weren't safe. Even though there were malicious player killers, there was still a part of her that wanted to believe that they were in this together. Not just because they were simply forced into the game together, but that they were working in every small and large part to escape together as well. How blissfully naive. Opal's story was heartbreaking and gut wrenching, but the brunette listened stoically up until the moment that she stated that she had killed 'Opal', causing the bespectacled woman to look up sharply at the woman sitting next to her. What did that mean though, truly? That she just started anew? Split personality? Somehow actually killed Opal and was a doppelganger that was now taking her place? Ever odd idea flew past her mind as she awaited the truth silently.

Jareth seemed to tire of the tense atmosphere or simply the fact that nobody was paying attention to him and so leaped from the back of the bench. Taking flight, the own griffin glided down to the dandelion field laid out in front of them before dive bombing the flowers and rolling, rubbing himself vigorously in the warm flora as his wings fluffed out. Glancing away from her familiar, Piera focused back on Opal, wincing slightly as she described her formal self in a very rude and violent fashion before detailing how she 'disposed' of her. The story took an even darker turn as she laid out her sins. Murder, drugs, alcohol...and finally she had to deal with the death of her teacher. The brunette began to frown as the first thing that popped into her mind was that they couldn't possibly get sick in a game....but there was absolutely nothing stopping their real bodies from contracting illnesses and thus causing them to perish in Aincrad. How horrible...to manage to survive this hellish game for so long only to pass away despite ones best efforts. Piera's heart went out to the older woman, who had already been through so much from what she had said.

She wasn't even sure how she was able to say all of this. Least of all to her! Perhaps it was because they weren't that close though? As much as she wanted to be friends with the more worldly woman, Piera knew that they hadn't truly interacted all that much with one another. It was slightly easier to relate ones troubles to a stranger than one you knew more closely, though by that logic, the alchemists weren't strangers either. She couldn't make heads or tails of it and felt very unworthy while simultaneously wanting to comfort her in even the smallest of ways. Swallowing thickly, the bespectacled young woman managed to find her voice to say quietly, "You don't have to keep going if you don't want to. But I'm here to listen if you need me." The offer seemed woefully inadequate given everything she had just been told, but frankly Piera wasn't sure what else to say.

For the first time before the story had started, Opal looked to Piera with a smile, "And yet..." she continued, "there was a light at the end of my tunnel. With the death of Master Myoga, I was set free from the binds of the temple for good. His knowledge successfully passed on to me, his disciple. The techniques I acquired and learned were something I could use in this world and master. It gave me the strength on what I desired. I had hated the world for so long for what it had done to me, times when I thought that falling off the edge of the world would clear all of this cancer building up inside..." 

Opal twisted in the bench, she carefully examined Piera, a hand came out and touched her leg and she got closer and closer, "But the truth of the matter is. If we allow hate to consume us, if we allow that rage to conquer, we are nothing more than mobs. What separates us from them is our humanity. So, I decided to take a stand for Aincrad. I searched out rumors of a guild called the Knights of the Blood Oath, by whim I was able to contact the guild leader and not a day or two had passed when I received his reply." Opal released the small hand from Piera's person and looked back at the familiar frolicking about in the flora. The dandelions dancing around his small frame as it split and weaved with each flutter of his wings. Her red lips curved into a heavier smile, "That's when I met Azide for the first time. I was to challenge him for position of Vice Commander, the Commander had thought I had the necessary skill to defeat the dagger holder," Opal laughed, her head falling sheepishly as she brushed a finger under her eye as to sweep away a rogue tear that had born from the stunning diamond colored eyes. 

"Azide was confident and had a plan. I gave him my everything in that duel and lost honorably. After that, we met up with the Commander for the first time. I felt like something inside of me clicked when I met Heathcliff. There was such a presence around him, I am sure you could feel it too when you met him. Something strong and powerful within his soul, just being around him...I felt safe yet intimidated. I knew, under the command of someone like him, my own goals could be furthered." The woman swept her hair from her eyes as the breeze passed, a lengthy blow of her hair and the cool touch upon he skin. She inhaled and basked in the warm sun as she slowly exhaled and closed her eyes as if she were to fall asleep, yet her moist crimson lips separated as she continued to tell her tale and her eyes slowly opened and blinked and she spoke.

"After our meeting, things were going well. Azide had this idea of uniting Aincrad under a solid leadership, to unify and be lead by a strong leader. The Azure Brigade are strong members, each one carried themselves well into battle. Yet, none showed the hand to lead Aincrad into the future. Azide's goals became my own and were started our recruitment program for strong players...Then something happened, like all good things and men," the woman chuckled slightly, "he was gone...he needed to get away, I suppose as most of do time from time. Yet, I could not let that dream die. Instead, I asked the Commander to make me temporary Vice Commander. That is when I started my campaign to create an army. It begun with Mack and ended with a strong unity of eighteen members to this day. I had created an army for Commander Heathcliff, a true worthy showing of a Front Line Guild. While he may not be well known, I uphold all his values with my sword and have taken a personal blood oath upon myself to make those dreams a reality." 

The woman carried her smile to the sun as she lifted her head, expressing the honor placed upon her by the Commander, as the golden and radiant rays wrapped around her being, "Time moved on though, and I have begun to feel my humanity once more. All that hate I had for this world, seemed to turn into something else. Something beautiful and worthwhile. People struggled day in and day out, I have seen the darkness this place can create and I have seen the beauty of it all. That is why, we must all unite under one banner eventually if we truly wished to be saved from this game. A strong foundation, a strong unity of the people and a strong leader such as Heathcliff. We will fight to see Aincrad free or death upon all who wish to see failure." 

Piera caught Opal's pale eyes and seemed to freeze, unable to look away and yet reassured when the woman smiled. The bespectacled woman slowly began to realize that she was obviously fairly learned from her manner of speech. It just went to show that one shouldn't judge a book by its cover. The fact that Opal had considered suicide was honestly the least surprising out of all she had told her. Hadn't she herself done the same, albeit for very differing reasons? The look behind her glasses was one of understanding and empathy before the flame of curiosity flickered back to life as the platinum blonde described her arrival at the Knights of the Blood Oath and her first meeting of Azide. Piera had heard of his fate, but she never knew that he was a member of the Knights, let alone their previous Vice Commander. Seeing the small display of emotion from Opal as she reminisced about her fallen comrade and likely friend, the brunette lowered her head as well, averting her gaze to her lap where her fingers were twisting together. When the woman continued, telling of how she lost their duel and how she met with Heathcliff for the first time. Thinking back to her brief encounter with the KotBO's Commander, the alchemist could only nod in firm agreement at the description.

Glancing back at Opal as she spoke of Azide's plan for Aincrad, Piera felt a small burst of hope and then immediately melancholy. It wasn't like she truly knew the man, but it was especially awful that he had had such high aspirations for his guild and Aincrad as a whole only to never see them born to fruition. After she told of her campaign to build up their guild's ranks and her devotion to Azide's and Heathcliff's ideals. Looking at Opal, she was hard pressed not to feel the pure faith that the woman exuded. Faith in her own principles as well as her comrades. Piera felt a little lighter seeing someone that hadn't lost hope in them all. That was still fighting in spite of everything. A soft chuckle escaped the brunette as she looked at her companion with tired eyes. "You're a far braver person than me. I'm glad for you though. It seems a bit of inner peace is the least of what you deserve. I....I feel a bit more reassured." 

Inhaling silently for a long while, Piera held the breath before softly exhaling, her face blank, but not in a negative way. There was a softness in her expression now. "I used to want to be the best alchemist in Aincrad. To make enough potions and crystals to completely supply every player that fought on the front lines. Because I knew that was all I could do to help. I'm not a brave or skilled fighter. But at least I had that..." The bespectacled woman's voice became taught before she paused, her head shifting so that light refracted from her glasses, shielding her eyes from view temporarily. "And now I can't even do that much." After listening to everything, she felt more open. Opal wasn't a woman that would give her too much sympathy nor completely ignore her. A safe middle ground.

Her lips pursing for a moment, Piera then admitted with shame, "I haven't been able to even touch my mortar and pestle since we were rescued. I still keep checking Lee's health bar. I hate it every time he goes out now. I can't tell if he's..." The young woman shook her head as she looked up at the sky with an unreadable expression that hovered between a smile and a frown. Then looking down at her lap again she stated, "He apologized to me. The first time we were reunited when we were rescued. Like he had something to be sorry for!" A mildly hysterical chuckle bubbled up before her jaw clenched, ceasing it suddenly. "I can't even remember how many times they brought his health into the red." The brunette then stated abstractly, her expression suddenly numb.

Opal wasn't catching on what was being said from the brunette alchemist. She spoke of being rescued and Lee, which she remembered was the fellow from Zel's party but didn't think anything of it at the time. But now, she was speaking cryptically to Opal. The Vice Commander could only show a face of ignorance as Peira spoke, "I'm sorry to interrupt you, Piera. But what do you mean 'rescued?' Did something happen? I figured you were gone because like a lot of us, some people just needed to get away." Now Opal felt seriously awkward about the situation. She was going on and on about her own difficulties while the brunette, a good listener, sat there and ate her story without so much as going on and trying to outshine her with her own story. 

Opal leaned back on the bench and then moved further still closing the gap between the two of them, "I didn't realize we shared something so common such as being captured. Mack didn't tell me anything and Jomei...well, he never said anything." Opal swept her small fingers through her mostly blonde hair. She was ignorant of the happenings between Piera and Lee, as if their lives were in danger. The story had unfolded that Lee was dangerously close to dieing a number of times as she had expressed. Opal felt compelled to do something about it. In her haste, the woman moved completely over to Piera, her arms wrapped around the woman and she held her tight, "Had I known you were in trouble...I would have instantly ran to your aid along with the Knights. To have that freedom taken from you while in a hell like this game where we only have expressed freedom of so many things..." Opal's arms tightened around the frame of the woman, her cheek pressed against Piera's own and then finally, she allowed her hands to unbind from the woman, taking a moment to reflect.

"You have come back alive, both of you. Strong or not, you were able to get through that ordeal for a reason. Which means there is a greater path for you to walk upon now. Sure, it will be difficult to get past those horrid memories, I myself have done some explicit things after I came back from something like that. I cursed the world many times over and its been a struggle since then. I want to tell you it will get better, and it will eventually, but there may be darker paths to walk upon before the end. You are strong in your own way, it takes a person to not give up in a death game like this. You breathing now, you being here and sitting here now, that's all that matters. That is real strength, the moment you step outside that door, you grow stronger as a person. I will always be here for you if you need me, Piera. I know we are not the closets of lady friends, but I want that to change. That is why we are here now to take that step together."

The sunny breeze of the world passed by the both of them. Opal had found a sense of family when speaking with Piera, like a sister. Although she had a younger brother in the real world, she felt as though she had created a new family here in this online game as well and Piera was right up there with blood family. For such a beautiful day, they had been talking about some serious topics. But she was glad that they were able to open up to one another like this, and of course, they also had to talk about what happened at the Hot Springs.

"So about what happened at the Hot Springs..." Opal laced her fingers together and looked at the bespectacled woman, "You don't know what the hoya amulet is for do you? Apparently its a quest item that is actually a gift you would give to someone special, like a date or a wedding gift to someone you like. Generally speaking that's how it goes. Mack gave one to both of us, meaning he has played us for fools. I honestly thought he was into me a while back, he would put his arm around me when I was with other men, he would flirt all the while he knew I was interested in others. But it was a confusing time for me, and I thought I was starting to have feelings for him too. To know what the amulet was now and his past actions." Opal shook her head, "I am not mad anymore though, I was childish and immature back then. I probably deserved it for the number of guys I casually flirted with and attempted to get in the sack with. But I think there was a greater reason for him giving you one, I honestly believed if Lee was not around, he would have done anything to get with you. Such a smart and proper woman that you are, I can see how he would enjoy someone like that with him." 

Piera's stomach tightened at each of Opal's questions, her face stony. She honestly had thought that word had circulated by now. That Lowenthal and Jomei would have told others of what had happened. But perhaps they were trying to give her privacy, or simply keeping the information of the guild that had held them to themselves until they could rally to fully take them on. She hadn't even asked. Inhaling slowly, the brunette explained plainly, "Th-The Velvet Room held a Halloween party." Suddenly she looked up, blinking rapidly as she stated, "I just realized I don't think you've ever met Lee. He-He's my boyfriend. More of a fiancee really, we're just too lazy and poor to get married just yet. In the real world I mean. We've been together....six years now I think." A fond smile tugged at the corners of the bespectacled woman's mouth.

"We logged in together. We always liked playing games together. But um...we were on our way back home from the Halloween party when some other players approached us. They were green so we didn't think anything of it. Should have known better. They struck and paralyzed us both before we even suspected anything. We were taken to their base and separated after they forced us to empty our inventories. We hadn't even brought any of our armor or weapons with us though...just our Halloween costumes..."

Shaking her head, Piera rubbed her eyes and then forehead before continuing, "I'm not sure what kind of guild they were, but they had dozens of other crafters there. They forced us to craft day in and day out. If we refused, tried to tamper with the items, tried to send a message, tried to escape....they'd kill you. But-" The alchemist's eyes shut tightly before she licked her lips, pressing them together tightly and rushing out, "Lee and I always stay in a party with one another. So we know that we're both okay even if we're floors apart. Every time they hurt him, I saw. Sometimes I didn't even know why. His-" The brunette gripped the edge of the bench's seat tightly, her knuckles white as she fought to maintain her composure, not letting the tears in her eyes fall.

"We were held captive for five months. I stopped getting messages after the first three. And then the Velvet Room symbol disappeared from my HUD. I didn't think anyone would ever come. But then Lowenthal and Jomei did. They got us out." Her head shook, as if trying to reassure herself of that fact as she stared down unseeing at the beautiful scene before them. "And now I can't even make potions or crystals without-" Her voice broke before she bit down hard on the inside of her cheek.

As Opal finally spoke, stating her surprise that they had more in common than she had realized and that neither Mack or Jomei had told her anything, Piera let out a long sigh. She wasn't sure whether to be thankful or not honestly. She still held just the littlest bit of anger and resentment of her friends, that they hadn't tried harder to find them sooner. Did they simply want to forget what had happened and not advertise their failure? Or did they just not want others raining pity upon them? Mack's unexpected arrival at her shop after he somehow found out was certainly unpleasant and had brought nothing but more trouble. The brunette's eyes flew open at the sudden closeness of the other woman, her shoulders stiffened as arms wrapped around her. But she bore it still, knowing that Opal was simply trying to comfort her. Focusing instead on what she was saying, Piera nodded in acknowledgement. "Thank you." She didn't know what else to say, but that seemed right.

Relaxing more when the platinum blonde drew away from the hug, she looked at the other woman with a forlorn stare as she tried to stir some hope in her fellow alchemist. She didn't believe most of it. Piera was a very down to earth person, she didn't believe in a 'reason' for anything, nor any greater path. But the rest of what she said...it wasn't bad. The cold gnawing sensation inside lessened and the brunette's shoulders began to drop, her posture slightly more relaxed. When Opal stated that while she knew that they weren't that close, she'd like that to change, the petite woman smiled slightly, her face graced with optimism at the offer. "I... Thank you Opal, really. That means a lot."

She could count on one hand the number of female friends she had ever had at one time. Before today, the number had been zero. As a breeze flowed past them, Piera tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear, her eyes crinkling in fondness behind her glasses as she watched Jareth frolic in the flowers before flapping up to them, bringing his prize to his mistress, a dandelion slightly larger than the rest. Rewarding her familiar with love and attention, she scratched his ears tenderly as he closed his eyes in trust and appreciation.

Looking up in slight apprehension as Opal mentioned the hot springs, Piera's expression quickly morphed into confusion at the odd question of what the amulet of hoya was 'for'. Shaking her head, the brunette was shocked at the answer. Her mouth opened slightly before clenching shut, her expression clouded into one of quiet anger as she listened to the full explanation on the matter. Her anger wasn't held for long as she felt quite bad for the other woman that she had assumed was Mack's true intended. Yet it returned with a vengeance when she laid out the details of Mack's intentions towards her. Momentarily thrown by Opal's compliments, the alchemist blinked before replying heatedly, "Th-That's besides the point! He knows that I'm with Lee, that I'm happy with him! I-" Piera's expression was one of disgust.

"I thought he was a better person than that... If I had known that that was the true meaning behind that gift, I never would have accepted it. I just thought that he had extras of it from grinding the quest and was giving it as a friend. Not..." The young woman scoffed, shaking her head. "I'm sorry if I ever gave you the impression that I was interested in him. In that way. This entire time I thought he had been trying to get with you. Though I guess he was trying with both of us...god this is a mess." She felt like throwing something, or stomping around. Something to channel a little energy and anger. Revenge perhaps, though she knew not if he truly deserved it. "What do we do now?"

Opal blinked several times, she was not expecting that outcome from the superior alchemist. Opal bit her lower lip and then accompanied by her thumb nail. She wondered what she could say to cause the brunette to relax a bit, "I'm sorry, I didn't know about your relationship with Lee stretched that far. If anything I am happy for both of you. Mack, well, he can be blunt but he is also a prankster coming off more innocent, but he doesn't realize what harm he is doing with those pranks. Its one thing to ward a woman off from other men and then show fake feelings, it's another to force a potion down your throat and make you light up like a christmas tree." Opal sighed and pressed her fingers to her temple, long silken blonde hair falling to her eyes as she swept carelessly the locks away over an ear.

"My plan today was to do something relaxful and stress free but then I just felt like telling you my story, and then you had been gone for so long...Five months, thats about four times longer than my imprisonment. I really wish I had known...Piera, I know I can't make up for anything of my past to you. And you probably don't trust me right now. But I would like for both you and Lee to join the Knights of the Blood Oath, not asking because I want more people to control, I want you to be with me more so...That I can keep an eye on you, you would be safer with the guild, we can offer protection and perhaps help you get back on your feet as well. I understand if you wish to turn the offer down, and there will be no hard feelings. But I ask that you two think it over. Even if you decline, I will still be tempted to watch over you, like an older sister or something to that. But I just want you to be safe once more. People find the darkness in Aincrad, even Azide had called this world a wasteland. And I see his point about it."

Opal retreated to her spot, locking her dainty fingers in place over her lap as she breathed. There wasn't much she could do or say that could possibly sway the brunette alchemist, she had no wise words or even her affection could be put off wrong. It just felt like the thing to do at the moment, "I just want everyone to be happy, and be in peace with themselves. Its such a selfish goal of mine, but even peace is waged by war and people die in wars. I don't know if there is more darkness or light in our souls. Everything is done for a monetary gain of stats, or skills, its one grinding session after another. But, I have got so much stronger than I used to be and it is still not enough to protect everyone I care for. In the end, I am just another incompetent woman by others, unable to do anything or save anyone." There was sadness in her voice, unbecoming of the Vice Commander, but these were hard truth and facts, she really did feel inadequate from the others. 

Though through all of that melodrama, the woman stayed by her principles, her ideals and her guild. She found strength in herself by the movements of her guild, by the love and friendship of her guildmates. She strived to make them happy even if it meant her own life as payment for that happiness. But she would not give in to death so easily, she would turn her blade to those who set to do harm to her friends, and yet...her mind went blank for a moment, the breeze a calming silence fluttered once more. 

"I'm gonna continue what I am doing to the best of my ability. To Hell what others think. If they find me inadequate, they can take it up with my Masamune. And you, Piera, my friend. We shall give this world of Aincrad a new meaning behind the woman of power. This is not a men's only game. Women should be revered and respected just as any other player, if not more so than anyone else. As for Mack, he will get his punishment. I do not wish to sink down to his level, so I will allow karma to take up revenge. But for us, the world is just beginning to turn." 

Piera looked away at Opal's statement that she probably didn't trust her right now, unable to deny it, though still feeling like it was rude. At her request for both she and Lee to join her guild, her green eyes were drawn back to the woman, eyebrows raised slightly over her glasses. Keeping silent as she explained her reasons as to why, the alchemist glanced down at her fingers, fidgeting with them before replying, "I'll talk to him about it. I'm just...not sure what good it would do. Being in a guild certainly didn't protect us before..." Though Lee hadn't been in the Velvet Room, she had been one of the founding members and a council member of their group. They might not have been one of the top guilds in Aincrad, but Lowenthal and Jomei were certainly not ones to take lightly, as had been proven.

She wasn't sure about the 'older sister' comment since she didn't have an older sibling or anyone that had ever acted in such a way towards her. Though she certainly wouldn't mind a friend, no matter their past. She certainly didn't fault Opal for her decisions considering everything that she had been through. "I'm not sure we'll ever be able to feel safe as long as we're in here." 'Here' being Aincrad of course. "I've only left our safe zone when Mack convinced me to go to the party. And that was still a bad idea... I don't think I'll be doing any quests or leveling. At least not any time soon. ...Maybe never." The young woman shrugged, blank eyes staring at the owl griffin that was rubbing its head in the warm grass.

Glancing vaguely in her companion's direction as she spoke of wanting everyone to be happy and at peace with themselves, Piera couldn't help but smile gently at her altruism. But at her next sentence, a faint snort escaped her. "Oh yes, how could you be so selfish as to want such a thing?" Joking sarcasm colored her tone as she shook her head slightly. But she was quiet as Opal continued to speak, and her expression became serious again, thinking of Lee. "No one can protect everyone. You can't think like that. Just protect what you can and get those that feel the same as you to protect what you can't." She didn't know what she was thinking, advising a Vice-Commander of one of the most powerful groups in their new world, but right now she was just another woman. A friend.

When Opal seemed to regain some confidence, Piera smiled, glad that she had snapped back so quickly, but when she brought her into her boasting, the smile became a little strained. "Five months ago, that would have been quite a rousing speech." The brunette admitted with an appreciative smile. "I believe in what you're saying, I'm just not sure if I have it in me to be a 'woman of power'. I think you're plenty powerful and respected enough for the both of us though." Considering the other alchemist's statement that she would let karma take their revenge, Piera nodded after a while. It wasn't like she had any better idea, or at least not one that she wasn't sure she'd come to regret later. But she still wasn't likely to forget this any time soon. Or be wearing that Amulet ever again. Shaking her head, the young woman stretched her legs out and sighed, "As long as it doesn't turn upside down, I suppose it can't be all that bad." Though she finished in her head, 'famous last words', and hoped she hadn't jinxed herself.

There was an uncomfortable silence as Opal kept her hands within her lap. She frowned when she heard Piera say it probably would be no use to being in a guild that could not actually protect her. She bit her lower lip at the response and almost winced, but she understood how she must feel right now. The time it takes for those kinds of mental injuries takes time, Opal knows it took her a while to trust anyone else when she was tortured. But the rhythm continued to flow as Piera spoke, Opal looking up at her time from time and nodding with a smile, the best she could do right now is just be a friend to her and listen. She had wondered what it would have been like if she had contacted Piera when she was captured. Would she be a different person than she was now? But she would have wanted to her company through that difficult time and Opal was determined to be there for her as well. 

Piera had a few opinions and suggestions of her own to address the Vice Commander of the guild, Opal had only smiled. She was right, she would protect everything with her life if it meant that. Opal had felt like she had a good head on her shoulders. She was smart, knew what she was doing most of the time, she does make mistakes but everyone does. That's humanity for you. But she always wanted to push herself for others. She wanted to put smiles back on the faces of people who have been robbed by them from others. Such as Piera, she knew the woman had a difficult time and yet, she was trying her best to ease that tension. Perhaps she had been away for too long to realize what sort of woman she had become from being stuck on a mountain and training. The outgoing Opal would be able to drag her off to a bar somewhere and get her mind off of things, or perhaps do something else instead of just sitting here and talking about it some more. 

"I think you being alive with Lee still, is something special to take from the event that happened. I know it must have been an ordeal, but with time wounds do heal. And I will always be available to you if you need a friend to chat with or someone to hang out with. I assure you though, it'll just take some time. It can be nerve wracking coming back to all of this after all of that. I know it took me a while to acclimate being a human once again." Opal had made it clear that she felt a different person coming off that rock, anyone would have after going through such a traumatizing event. The Vice Commander flipped her platinum hair away from her eyes, "Perhaps you just need a fresh start, Piera." the woman thought, kicking one leg out and rolling it over her other as she seated comfortably.  

Catching Opal's frown when she said she wouldn't feel any more protected in a guild, Piera felt like she should feel bad. But she didn't. It was only the truth to her. She appreciated being listened to though. It felt...good to talk about it. It wasn't that she couldn't talk to Lee, he just didn't see the point in the exercise. Which rendered the entire process moot to her, but it was different with Opal. It soothed her in a way that talking to Lee (rather than with) hadn't given her.

Starting slightly when Jareth pounced atop her lap, the brunette obliged her familiar by running her fingers over the top of his head, down his spine and between his wings repeatedly. Looking over to the other woman as she spoke, she nodded automatically before the motion slowed as the words finally began sinking in. A sad but appreciative smile came to her face as she silently acknowledged Opal's words. "I don't know what I would have done if we both hadn't come out of it. But 'Being human'... Heh. That sounds about right. Time heals all wounds, right?"

Scratching the nape of the owl griffin's neck, Piera rested her elbow on the bench's back as she considered her friend's suggestion. "Like what? Cutting and dying my hair or moving or something like that?" That's what other people did right? At least that's what she gleaned from books and television.

Opal laughed and shook her head at Piera's comment of cutting her hair and dying it. Perhaps out of a teasing gesture to what Opal had done, although the blonde was done to fit her guild colors more. Clearing her throat with a rapid succession of coughs, the woman brought a fist to her mouth to cover it. She coughed a few more times before sighing heavily, "Excuse me. That was rather unpleasant. But have you and Lee thought about just retiring together? I recently been told that Lowenthal and his love, Shizuka will be spending time in the mountains away from the front lines. If you feel like taking time off, why not attempt to buy a house and settle down until we get this game cleared. If you feel the need to help us out, your potions will be always welcomed. I know for  fact that my crafts don't come to as great as your own. And I know it would be difficult to do such things after you have been through so much, but no one is pressuring you. Perhaps some time in a safe haven is what you really need. Get your feet planted back to the earth and start doing what you enjoy the most." 

Opal had offered that suggestion, although houses were expensive, she believed with the right motivation, items and mobs, one could accumulate a nice little nest egg, "And if you have problems collecting the col. I wouldn't mind helping donate a little of my own. I have little use for it besides the guild and the occasional tax from quests and adventures. And don't give me that, 'Oh I can't accept your money,' it won't be necessary as a friend who is helping another friend out, it would be my pleasure to help you and Lee just to get back to your normal lives together." 

Smirking at the reaction that she had evoked from Opal, the brunette gave her time to recover, rubbing the odd ears of the owl griffin in her lap. Chuckling as the platinum blonde asked for her to excuse her, Piera simply shook her head in a gesture to say that there was nothing to excuse, though she was curious as to what made her laugh so hard she started coughing. The alchemist's expression became pensive at the question about retiring, though her eyes widened and flicked up to meet the other woman's bright eyes for confirmation about the second statement. "I...had suspected, but hadn't heard." She didn't even know who this 'Shizuka' was, but if she made Lowenthal happy enough to retire from the front lines...then she was glad for her long time friend.

Chewing on the inside of her cheek slightly as she listened to Opal's other suggestions, Piera was silent for a time before admitting, "We've thought about it. That was the original plan honestly. Stay in a safe zone and do what we could from there. But then we met Lowenthal and Jomei and there was Velvet Room...and seeing everyone fight so hard to clear the game made me want to help them too. In more than just making potions. I was trying to level up enough to join them actually, though Lee didn't know. We were both saving up enough to buy a small place together. Something more than just one bedroom above our adjoined shops. But everything got derailed." Referring to their kidnapping. When the KotBO's Vice Commander tried to tell her that her crafts weren't as good as Piera's, the young woman gave her a skeptical look that faded into one of quiet acceptance at her next statement. Start doing what you enjoy the most... What was that anymore?

Glancing up distractedly as Opal offered to donate to their housing fund, Piera's stared at her blankly before realizing she was serious, her eyebrows rising above the frames of her glasses. "Wh-oh, no w-" Just as she was about to say the words, the other woman said them first in a mildly mocking manner. Pouting petulantly, the brunette stared down at her familiar while running a finger over one of his feathers before grimacing slightly. "That's way too much col though. Some money giving between friends is all well and good, but that should be going to your guild. Go...build a headquarters or whatever it is you clearer guilds do. It may be one thing to use the guild's coffers to help a fellow guild member out, but we aren't Knights." As nice as it would be to have a real house of their own, she didn't want to be responsible for any troubles, financial or interpersonal in her friends' guild.

Opal had leaned back on the bench, watching the brunette pet her familiar. She folded her arms over her busty chest and lowered her head slightly as she listened to her fellow alchemist. Opal smiled having an idea, "Since you won't take my col. Then I guess I'll just have to buy a place for you in the future and put it under your name and gift it to you. And no, you are not a Knight, Piera. You are my friend. You are not a pawn to be used in this game by other people. I would never trade that away, Piera." The female explained and smiled with her red coated lips. She sighed evenly as she sank lower into the bench. 

"It's rather trivial amount of col to be honest compared to the friendship we have. I will respect your decision, but please allow me to help you time from time in building a semblance of life here with Lee. I want to see my friends happy and I will go to such extremes to do so for them." Opal nodded at her own statement and her eye lashes kissing her cheeks as she blinked a few times. Yet still, there was a pit in her stomach, the days would go on with or without Piera and Opal had made the decision long ago on what needed to be done to fix Aincrad and its future, "I can't tell you how to live your life, Piera. We are both given a burden so heavy it could crush us at any given time. But we are friends, and we need not to burden ourselves among one another. I am here when you need to talk and I hope you are here when I am in need of a friend." 

Jareth had begun purring as he curled his tail around his form, stretching lazily on her lap. But Piera's focus was on the woman sitting beside her. Eyes widening behind her glasses at Opal's counter offer, the brunette barked out a small laugh at her tenacity. "You...are really determined about this, aren't you?" Quieting herself as the katana wielder explained her reasoning, she considered her words with a soft expression. "I appreciate that. You're a good leader Opal. And a good friend. If a bit over-generous."  Smile becoming slightly lopsided, Piera replied, "'Extremes' is right. I don't know...Lee would probably take you up on your offer in a heartbeat. But I don't want you to think that you're buying my friendship. Not that I think you are...bah, you know what I mean."

The owl griffin stirred and poked his head up since her hand had stopped, and she scratched under his jaw line as she started over, "I'd want to be your friend even if you were a penniless solo player that didn't even fight on the front lines. You'd still be you." Tired green eyes looked kindly at her friend before she hesitantly patted the other woman's forearm. "I'll be here whenever you need me. Message me or just drop by. I may not be a clearer, but you can still come and talk to me if you need to vent or have a girls night or talk shop." 'Shop' meaning their shared profession of course. "Or anything else you need." She had long held Opal up on somewhat of a pedestal, believing that she was the epitome of a strong independent woman. Which wasn't to say that she wasn't. But speaking with her like this and getting to know her more, Piera saw that she was just as human as anyone else and had her own faults and demons that she had to deal with.

{OOC: apparently "s-n-a-t-c-h" is censored? As in, "She snatched the ball." I mean I know it can be used as a curse word...but it was a normal word first...}

Edited by Piera