[F1-SP] Mind and Body

Ratatosk remembered what happened yesterday, it was clear as day. "Interesting players, their motives are quite trivial. I'll take a day off to think about things once more. Why the hell am I talking so formally anyways? What happened to the old me, I liked that guy better." Referring to himself would reveal that he was pretty lonely, he distanced himself from just about everyone fearing that he'd make a so called 'friend'. "How long has it been since I had a best friend? That's been a while, I only had my small circle in the real world, blonde hair really does make you stick out." The blonde observed the field closely this time, he wanted to see if there were any new people.

He stared from the same tree branch he was sitting on the other day. "Nope, no groups. Just boars, oh wait! There's some people, all level one? I can tell this is going to be bad for them already." But there were no boars in sight, this was probably a material gathering party so they can all find materials before they venture out, explore, and kill monsters. "That makes a lot more sense now, I should keep my eye on them anyways just to make sure none of them die." His red eyes were set on the party, waiting to see if anything would pop out and perform a surprise attack.

Ratatosk already knew the results of their material gathering, they'd come back semi-successful depending on how long they stayed, if they got lucky then they'd be able to afford perfect gear for everyone in the party. "Well, time to think of my build, I don't want to say it out loud of course." It was a build that offered something, something very good in particular. "Yup, that'll be a really easy task, I can gather materials pretty quickly that way." The party shouted in excitement, "Holy crap! Thirty materials already!" Ratatosk sighed, "Already? My god, it's only been five minutes and they get that much?"

Edited by Ratatosk

While he was watching them search for materials, maybe he should have done the same as well? "Nah, my luck is bad, I wouldn't find a damn thing besides a monster in front of my face. I need to level up, quicker and faster. Entering the front lines as soon as possible would be the best possible thing to do right now, and I should not let little affairs cloud my judgement. Damnit Ratatosk! Speak like yourself again, alright?" The blonde idly looked at the players search for materials, "Holy crap! Sixty materials!" Because no way, that was nearly impossible, sixty materials in only fifteen minutes?

That was probably a new speed record, "I bet some of them aren't actually level one, maybe they have insanely good loot detection gear, or maybe a metal detector. Nah, metal detectors don't exist in this game, I'm going crazy again." His tree was getting really boring, the only thing he could do was think and eventually he'd lose interest in that. "Thinking about arrogance has gotten really boring now, there's no changing people no matter how culturally and intellectually backwards they are. And how the [censored] are they getting so many materials?"

Edited by Ratatosk

He just couldn't believe it, it has to be impossible! "Guys we hit the jackpot, a hundred materials!" Ratatosk facepalmed as soon as he heard that. "You've gotta be kidding me." The blonde checked back on them and realized what was happening, "[censored] Dumbass!" Turns out they were betting materials, and they weren't actually low leveled, as soon as they started betting, they equipped their best gear. "Really? Level twenty five players betting their materials..." His eye twitched for a couple of seconds, but then he realize he needed to get out of the area. "Oh yeah, I'm still only level ten and if they catch me, I wouldn't be able to fight back. Off I go." He leaped from his branch and landed silently, walking to another spot to observe the people.

Ratatosk felt like a cat when he leaped down, he saw his best friends' cats jump, but not as far as he did. "And how tall was that tree? Fifteen meters right, yup. Way too tall for any cat to jump." The blonde scratched the black of his unkempt hair and walked over to another tree. "You look tall, about twenty meters high at most." A thought of the American metric system crossed his mind, along with the word "Assholes." It took him a while, but eventually he made it up there and looked down at the fields again. "This is starting to get boring, there is nothing interesting going on."

"What a sight." Ratatosk was staring at a group of players fighting a gigantic boar. "They seem like they can handle themselves, what are their stats?" He kept watching as they fought, and a level up screen appeared in front of the one who looked like the weakest out of the four. The blonde tried to read it from this distance, "Level fourteen, sixty col. Decent loot, but a nice level for that guy." His longing to become powerful motivated him to achieve, to become stronger. "Right, I'm not going to stop now, I'm not going to allow people to step over my ass, I'd rather die than look weak."

"Alright, just one more level till I can get my third ranking in one handed straight sword!" His ambition sparked up a storm within his mind, almost as if he was a dictator eager to rule his people. "I've only been fighting for nine days, and I'm already at level ten. Maybe I can reach twenty five in at least two weeks! I know it sounds crazy, but it's possible." Ratatosk was always a stubborn person, or at least that's what others think. Whenever someone told him he couldn't do something, he'd always prove them wrong and come out on top. "I'm going to show everyone that they're wrong!"

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk unsheathed his blade and did a simple spinning trick with it. "Maybe I can swing it around like a morning star! That probably won't work, but it wouldn't hurt to try!" The blonde built momentum with the blade, swinging it in a full circle catching it in each hand after it reached the end of his hip. "This isn't so ba- Aghhh!" The blade hit him in the gut, he wasn't careful enough. "[censored]! Damnit!" Ratatosk sheathed the sword and went back to watching the players fight more monsters, they had a good form and strategy, but they were unlike the group he saw from days earlier ago.

He watched them from a distance, their strategy was nearly perfect yet they didn't have a tactician, could it be that they were all acting independently? "No, it can't be. Their attacks are too in sync for this to be independent, they must have agreed on this some other day." The blonde was unsure of how these players would react if he wanted to join in. It was best not to interfere with them, their levels were again, still higher than his. "Level fourteen huh? I wonder what the leader's level is, probably twenty two or something."

The blonde kept watching them fight, there was a certain style to it that made it stick out and appear to be simple at the same time. "They attack at the same time, and their weapons are most likely perfect. I'm spending too much time here." Ratatosk climbed down the tree with care, making a fall and landing would make a big too much noise since there was a pile of leaves on the nearby ground. "Great, now time to- What the?" The group caught his eye again, now there was the mysterious player from the day before, except he was now orange.

"Holy crap! He's a PK'er!" Ratatosk watched the hooded player mow the group down with only a single slash of his sword. Two of their health bears went into the orange as the entire group prepared to fight, "Let's kill this guy"! Right when they charged, the hooded player who was Hideshido slashed again, and one of them died. The blonde didn't want to stick around for this sort of stuff, "Nope! Running away now!" Because his level was low, and he couldn't face the orange PK'er. "Not dying today!"

He ran with a sort of comedic fear, he wasn't afraid of death but afraid of that hood. "Damn it! Great time for hood phobia to kick in!" Ratatosk was terribly afraid of hoods, and people in line, and girls. But girls, and people in line were the scariest. "Holy [censored]!" A couple of screams ran across the fields, how many people did that PK'er kill? "Save the god damn thoughts for later and keep running!" Eventually he reached the safezone and was one step away from entering, he checked behind him and saw something frightening... "Holy crap... They're... They're in line!"

An entire row of people in line, namely girls in a line. He cried his eyes out and ran into the safezone, "I'm dying! (Too spooky 4 me) Why the hell do people do stuff like that!" When he broke off into sprint, the people he ran away from looked at his dust trail in confusion. They were probably thinking he was crazy, and they weren't wrong. "Gotta find a place without lines! No lines!" The blonde found a back alleyway that had neither of those, he sat down and looked out the corner like he was about to die.

Edited by Ratatosk

"Good, no lines, no girls." He took a deep breath and rested behind the wall. "How many days has it been? Almost two years and only on the fifteenth floor? There has to be a change, and I know what that change is going to be." Ratatosk didn't want to say what the change would be, he already knew what would happen if he did. (Yes, I know SOME of you are reading this and will laugh if I say it, but I don't care.) "And that change... Is me!" The blonde wasn't joking when he said he would be the change, Ratatosk would work his ass off until he had enough experience and levels to become a front liner.

Ratatosk got up from his seat from before and left the back alleyway. "Right, to a tavern to see what's going on." Immediately, there was news of an orange PK'er going around on the floor, mindlessly murdering everyone he could get his hands on. Even before he entered a tavern, a front liner had volunteered to take down the PK'er. He sighed, that PK'er was stronger than he thought, he didn't even use a powerful sword art and brought down those players' health to zero. "Yeah, he's probably buffed and on a killing rampage right now."

"Yup, he's buffed." The blonde traveled from the city to the spot the PK'er was at quickly. "Wow, this is just insane." The mysterious orange PK'er was slashing at monsters, people, and even NPCs. "What the [censored]?" Right when he killed a monster, one of the so called 'front liners' from before appeared to challenge him. He reduced their health points to the red zone, and also broke their armor, revealing their strange boxer shorts. "This guy really does have a sense of humor." He cackled madly after cutting down their pants, this guy was nuts in the head.

Ratatosk watched as the mysterious PK'er slashed armor to reveal boxer shorts. He cackled wildly and said "Insane insane insane!" The blonde didn't know what was going on, but then he saw the group from before tied up next to each other, in boxer shorts. Their muffled cries were amusing to Ratatosk and Hideshido, the PK'er. It was very comedic, the dude really had an obsession with boxers. Then, his cursor turned green. "So he committed a crime just to do this? This guy is nuts..."

"I think I'm gonna leave..." Hideshido (The false PK'er) was laughing so hard that he almost cried. "Yup leaving." He arrived at the Town of Beginnings again and everyone was talking about the boxer shorts slasher, probably a new trend among those who like to troll. "This day just gets weirder by the minute, I should probably check on that dungeon to see if that guy is still there." Ratatosk unsheathed his blade and ran to the dungeon area, the guy had to be around somewhere.