[PP-F1] The Mad Ones <<Earning A Living>>

Ronin sighed, releasing a cloud of tobacco smoke into the air.  He leaned back and his shoulders butted up against the wall of his dingy little shanty he called a shop.  The blacksmith was tired.  He had been hard at work lately, grinding, leveling, improving his skills.  Now, he felt like it was time for some rest and relaxation.  He was always looking to improve on his character, but this game world was a different story.  In here, you were improving on yourself, having to take every step and earn every little bit of Col.  It was rather exhausting and he truly wondered how all the high level players kept it up for so long.  "Well then, guess I should find something to snack on..." he decided, hearing his belly grumble.

Jambi had just finished her afternoon dance ritual around the town. Every day she made it a point to masquerade about, twirling and swirling through the streets. Deciding it was time to take a break, she found her favorite tree and plopped down in the grass underneath it. Jambi has never been too concerned with meeting or making friends but she did consider all the local plants and animals her comrades. Her favorite tree she had named twist. Jambi had spent many afternoons with twist laughing, playing, talking, etc... Most of the other characters in the game considered Jambi to be out of her mind. She might be, but she was also the only one who seemed truly happy.

Edited by Jambi

The swordsman belly continued to grumble and groan and he punched at his own gut a few times to try and quiet the beast down.  He spat at the ground as he strolled along, the soles of his weathered boots tromping audibly along as he moved.  He pursed his lips, keeping his eyes peeled for something tasty.  He didn't just want to settle for some junk food right now, but get a true meal since it had been a while.  Unfortunately, there weren't too many vegan friendly places to eat around here, or at least... not that Ronin had been able to find thus far.  He sighed and continued his search, hoping to find something soon.

As Jambi was laying down next to Twist, they continued a conversation Jambi was not too fond off. She wasn't the responsible type but she loved Twist and appreciated his knowledge and wisdom. The conversation they had been having for about a week now was regarding Jambi learning a trade. None of the local professions really excited Jambi but Twist had been pushing her towards the tailor craft. Clearly Twist was not going to drop the subject and she had been considering it more and more heavily. "Why not?! I'll go for it Twist, ya wise old fart! And the first thing I make, I'm giving it to you and you better wear and love it!" Jambi exclaimed. Her mind was made up and she never did anything without her signature excitement.

"This place looks alright..." he decided, his eyes landing upon a hanging sign that read FOOD.  Ronin paused for a moment, itching his ass and belching loudly.  It was a common courtesy to handle this type of [censored] before he entered into a shop, especially if it was an establishment that served food.  Despite it all being virtual anyway, it still felt real enough and so here he was, passing gas out in the street, instead of inside the shop.  Once he had satisfied his... natural bodily functions, he inhaled sharply through his nostrils and entered into the little dive.  "Eyo, can I scope out a menu?" he asked, prompting a little window to pop up in front of him which displayed a menu for what was available.

Jambi sprung straight up full of enthusiasm for her new adventure she was about to embark on. She was going to be a tailor! In Jambi's mind she already was the moment she had agreed with Twist to give it a shot. Images of all the items she would create whirled through her head. She skipped her way to the street to seek out a nearby tailor shop. She figured that would be the best place to start. Before Jambi ventured too far down the road, she shot a loving glance back toward Twist who in turn gave his nodding approval. The first item she would create would definitely be for her dearest friend Twist as a thanks for all the support and guidance he had given her.

Scrolling through the menu with the swipe of his hand and the twitching of his gloved fingers, his eyes roamed over all the various food items the shop had to offer.  He noted the costs that were displayed next to each item, cringing a little bit every time he checked to see how much it was going to be.  He had a nice little pile of Col stashed, but wasn't in any hurry to go blowing it all on food.  However, he was hungry and did want to eat, so he was going to have to bite the bullet and make a choice.  "Eh, this looks alright... I guess."  Finally deciding on a little veggie wrap, he fingered the appropriate buttons to place his order and soon the little menu disappeared from view.  Within seconds an NPC's voice called out to him, drawing his attention toward the counter.  "Order's up!" Said the man behind the counter.  "Damn, that was fast..." he breathed, making his way toward the counter to get his food.  There were some perks to this virtual world...

Jambi had been in the Town of Beginnings for awhile now but she never paid attention to any stores. In real life, Jambi was never much of a shopper and she didn't feel the need for much in Aincrad either. Jambi didn't know the location of any tailors but she figured she'd go wherever her feet would lead her and eventually she would come across a suitable shop. She took off prancing down the street scoping out the local stores. The town looked so much different when she paid attention to the actual buildings. Usually her eyes were glued to the sky as she walked down the streets. Everything was so brown and gray down here; the sky though, that was a sight Jambi never tired of seeing. 

"Ohh [censored] yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh," moaned the swordsman turned blacksmith, biting into his veggie wrap and hardly chewing his food at all before swallowing it down his throat.  The flavor burst across his tongue, showering his taste buds in a deliciousness they hadn't experienced in... who knows how long.  His eyelids fluttered and he damn near came in his pants right then and there.  Shooting a glance toward the NPC behind the counter, Ronin shot him a big thumbs up and turned toward the door.  It was a beautiful day outside and he wanted to enjoy some sunshine while he strolled and grubbed on his food.  "Thanks a ton bud, I'll be back again sometime, this [censored]'s great!" he promised, before stepping out into the day and taking a few long strides out into the middle of the street. 

"Man, what the hell do they put in these things?" he wondered, swallowing another massive bite down and licking his lips.  The veggies, they were so fresh, the wrap itself was even toasted a little and the sauce... damn, the sauce was really outta' this world.  He couldn't get enough and every time he finished with one bite, he couldn't wait to take another.  Between the delicious food and the incredible weather, Ronin was feeling damn good.  He took another savage bite off the wrap and turned his attention toward the sky, before resuming his march down the street, not paying attention to where he was going...

Jambi took note of a few tailor shops she had passed by. "Everything is so blahhhh. Where are all the cooooll shops? yuck. When I open mine it is going to be the grooviest storefront in this town!" Jambi didn't want to learn her new skill from some random shmuck with a bleak shop. She only liked people who were different. The majority of the population looked so similiar. For Jambi it was hard to tell where one person starts and another ends. This task was going to be the most difficult for Jambi. She wasn't a people person by any means. Jambi had to take turns between searching the stores and admiring the sky. The sky getting more and more of the attention. It was just so charming, even in this mock world. As she was strolling down the road she began studying this one particular cloud. "That is the fluffiest cloud I have ever seen. If only I could swim in it. What a delight that would be!" Jambi appeared to be hypnotized by the sky, completely disregarding the street she was traveling. SMACK.. "whoopsie dasiyyyyyy.. hehehe.. excuseeeeeeeee meeeeeee I am on an important mission, very urgent!"  Jambi exclaimed as she began to skitter off. Running into fellow characters was a regular occurrence for her. Her sight and mind were always preoccupied. "hehehehehehehehehe......" Jambi giggled heel clicking her way down the road.

Edited by Jambi

Man, I can't get over how fuckin' delicious this veggie wrap is... What was the name of that little shop again? he wondered, munching on his wonderful grub, with his eyes still pinned on the sky above.   SMACK!  "Mother fu..." Ronin began, suddenly colliding with someone.  His teeth chattered and his eyes widened just in time to spot his veggie wrap slipping from his grasp.  He swung his arms wildly, his gloved hands snatching at the air in pursuit of his falling food.  SPLAT!  His veggie wrap hit the ground, immediately bursting into a hundred tiny crystal like shards and the sound of shattering glass ringing out in his ears. 

"My... veggie wrap..." he cooed softly, his eyes still pinned on the spot where his food used to be.  His hands had come up empty and he stood there motionless, slightly hunched over for several moments.  Finally, he remembered what had caused him to lose his lunch and he peeked back over his shoulder with fire raging in his eyes.  "Son of a..."  he teethed, spotting the culprit as she was heel clicking away without a care.  The point of impact suddenly flashed through his mind and though it had happened in an instant, he had gotten one quick look at her face.  She looked kinda'... familiar... 

Shaking it off for now, he returned his focus to the rage he was feeling and shot daggers in her direction as he turned and looked back down the street to where he had last seen her.  "HEY YOU--" he began, his voice suddenly trailing off when he failed to spot her.  His eyes narrowed, darting left and right to try and locate her distinct and rather bulky green jacket.  "Damnit... where did she go?!" he steamed, biting his lip and clenching his fists.  He wasn't going to let her off that easy, oh no.  She was going to pay!

"Well, I guess this will have to do." Jambi voiced as she started towards the entrance of a small tailor shop on the corner. This shop definitely had the most character out of all the ones she had seen today. It looked pretty run down and had sort of an eerie vibe to it. "Very medieval, how cool!" Jambi wasn't completely sure if this tailors store was open but she was going to waltz right on in anyway. The steps leading to the door creaked as she walked inside. Taking a look around Jambi didn't notice anyone. "Helllllloooooooo I am hereeeeee!" Jambi cried out. She heard something rustling from behind the counter. "Ergh ahh whoo." Jambi had to lean over the counter to see where the noise was coming from. "Pardon me youngen, I was dozing off. What can I help you with today little lady?" Uttered the shopkeeper. He definitely was a sight. This NPC looked like an old caveman and on his tiptoes he couldn't have reached a height of more that four and a half feet tall. 

Edited by Jambi

Ronin stalked up and down the streets, peering into the alleyways, looking high and low and everywhere in between for that little wench who had bumped into him and knocked his veggie wrap from his grasp.  In all honesty, the blacksmith was just as much to blame for the sudden collision, since his head had been up in the clouds, but he didn't care!  For all he was concerned, she was to blame and he was going to track her down and give her a piece of his mind and maybe even a piece of his steel toed boot as well, right up her ass!  "Damnit, where the hell are you?!" he teethed, grinding his chompers together as he continued his search.  "When I find you..." he threatened, marching up and down the streets and looking all over for any signs of the little brat.

"Hi! I'm Jambi! I want to be a tailor like you! Teach me your ways and I will be your most loyal predecessor! I love your shop!" Jambi said with enthusiasm. The NPC looked Jambi up and down. He was mostly blind but he could tell she was sincere and quite frankly the most excited character who had ever asked him of such request. He thought it over while Jambi impatiently stared buggy eyed at him. "Well alright then Jambi, I will help you out. The names Thad." Jambi flew across the counter, arms wide open, coming in for a hug. "Oh thank you thank you thank you! What do I have to do?"

Edited by Jambi

Still fuming, Ronin refused to rest until he found the little twerp in the oversized jacket that had cost him his lunch.  He had worked so hard to find that little hole in the wall shop and had spent his hard earned Col purchasing the damn thing.  Only to have it knocked to the ground and shattered into a hundred tiny shards of digital glass.  He sighed and stopped, shaking his head.  "'The hell am I doing..." he asked himself, his words flowing from his lips as more of a grumble than actual speak.  He closed his eyes and his hands instinctively rose to his torso and began patting at his attire in search of the pack of smokes that was hidden within the folds. 

Locating it, Ronin pulled the pack out and cracked the lid, fishing a ciggy out with his gloved fingers and wedging it between his awaiting lips, all the while his eyes still closed, his mind still swimming.  He wanted to continue on, raging through the streets and hunting this chick down, but if what if he did catch her, then what?  It wasn't like he could PK her right here in the middle of town or anything.  No, it might be better if he just left it alone and chalked it up as a loss.  He was still pretty damn pissed he hadn't gotten to finish his veggie wrap, but perhaps it wasn't the end of the world after all...

"Wait, is that her!?!?!" he spat, opening his eyes and suddenly catching sight of someone far down the street.  All that [censored] he had just been thinking?  Yeah, forget all that, her ass was grass!  "COME'RE!" he barked, racing off down the street in pursuit of the person he thought might be her.

"Well Jambi," the tailor began. "Before you can start to create anything you must acquire the necessary materials." Jambi was hanging off of every word Thad was saying. Now that she had found her tailor master she knew she was a step closer to becoming a tailor herself. She had just about everything planned out for her store. It would be called 'Stitches by The Mad Hatter'. Mad hatter would be her work alias. She caught herself slipping away from the present with all of her ideas for the store. "Pay attention Jambi!" She blurted out. "Boy, you sure are an odd one aren't ya? Did you even hear what materials you should find for your first task?" Thad asked. "No sir, sorry sir! I am just so excited!" Thad nodded at her and continued, "We will start with something easy. Go find some textiles you would want to craft into a piece of clothing. The more the better but one will do just fine." "Like a treasure hunt?!" Jambi cried eagerly. "Yes, like a treasure hunt." "I won't let you down!" She promised.

Edited by Jambi

Racing down the street as fast as his legs would carry him, Ronin finally caught up to the person he had spotted from afar.  As he came tearing up to them, his hands already outstretched in anticipation for the capture of the little ass hat, he suddenly realized it wasn't her at all.  He tried to stop, stomping the soles of his weathered boots into the ground and skidding.  Unfortunately, he had been running much too fast and his forward momentum was far too great to stop in time.  "Ah, [censored], this is gunna' hurt!" he grumbled before impact.

WHAM!

Fortunately for Ronin, the bastard he ran into was just an NPC and after they finished tumbling over one another, the computer program simply got up, dusted herself off and went back to whatever it was she had been doing.  The swordsman wasn't so graceful, nor lucky.  He lay there still, on his back, eyes pinned on the sky, eyes rattling in their sockets and little birdies flapping their wings and flying circles around his head.  "Pretty bird, pretty bird..." he chirped, dazed and discombobulated.  His hunt for the girl who had cost him his lunch, would have to wait...

After learning what her first task was, she wasted no time. Jambi raced out of the tailors store without asking where she might find such items. She had enough energy and desire to look just about everywhere though. She bolted up the street she had originally came in on. She paid attention this time to where she was traveling. She couldn't afford to get lost or to be slowed down running into other characters like she did on the way there. She noticed a man sprawled out on the ground and she was delighted to have an obstacle to leap over. As she continued her journey she saw a spot of grassy area on the left side of the street with a few loose stones lying around. "Surely textiles wouldn't be out in the open for anyone to grab, maybe I will take a peak underneath those stones." Jambi scurried the grassy area finding nothing this time other than an earth worm. "Well hello there little buddy, I'd love to stay and chat but I am on a very important mission. Good day!"

ID# 54601 results:

Loot: 4

Edited by Jambi

When his head finally stopped swimming and the birds were finally scared away by someone leaping over top of him, Ronin continued to lay there, sprawled out, staring at the sky.  He had grown rather cozy there on the ground and had no intentions of getting up any time soon.  With his now-bent cigarette still wedged between his lips, he finally produced his lighter and sparked it up with his gaze still turned upward.  "Mmm..." he moaned as that sweet nicotine flooded the receptors in his brain and his eyelids fluttered in response.  "I know one thing," he grumbled to himself, his lips pursed around the brown speckled filter of his lit smoke.  "...This game sure did a fine job with these virtual death sticks," he decided, staring skyward and noticing the stream of swirling tobacco smoke that began entering into his view. 

Laying there, smoking his cigarette, doing his best to relax into the rather uncomfortable, hard ground; Ronin thought of one thing... one, person.  It wasn't anyone he had met in this place, in this world.  It was someone from his world... from the real world.  He thought of his wife...  He thought of,

...Eliza.

After his little daydreaming session, Ronin's cigarette had burned down substantially and a bit of ash fell from the lit end and landed on his neck, burning him and causing him to sit up instantly.  He swatted at his throat like a fiend, trying to get the smoldering ash off of his skin and rid himself of his sudden pain.  "Damn thing..." he cursed, before finally straining his way back to a stand.  As he achieved his full posture once more, he had the sudden desire to take a leak, and boy was it a strong one. 

With no time to waste, he rushed off in search of the nearest alleyway and ducked inside one to handle his business.  Unbeknownst to him, he had dropped a single material on the ground, back where he had been laying.  It wasn't a huge deal, since he had been grinding pretty hard lately and had quite a few collected, but every little bit helped, especially when running a blacksmith shop.  "Aggggghhhhhuuuuuuhhhhhrrrrr" he moaned as he dropped his pants and planted his palm on the wall, beginning to let it flow in the alleyway.

(OOC: -1 Material)

Edited by Ronin

(OOC: +1 material)

"Textiles, oh textiles, where are youuuuu?" Jambi called out while searching around the town in every nook and cranny she could see. She decided to continue her adventure closer to the tailor. She had ventured pretty far and if she did find something she would want to be as close as possible to the shop. As she passed the area where the man she leapt over had been, she noticed some material. "Oh boy oh boy! I hope this will do! I can't wait to get back to Thad!" Jambi was so thrilled she sashyad all the way back to the store. He could hear her shouting before she even entered the place. "Thad look!!!! I found something I found something! I want to make some hand wraps!" "Here we go." Thad mumbled. "Alright kid, step on up and feed the material through this machine."

Jambi loved her hand wraps; she referred to them as hand huggers. She initially had planned to gift her first item to Twist but she knew the deep purple wasn't his color. She was so thrilled about what she had made she couldn't wait to show her friend. Jambi said good day to Thad and thanked him for his help and began her way towards Twist, admiring her hand huggers the whole way.

Jambi was so focused on her new accessories she didn't realize she had stumbled into an alleyway where someone was taking a piss. This wasn't something Jambi saw on the regular so it sparked her interest. She noticed the man's butt cheeks hanging out of his pants and the cigarette hanging out of his mouth. A sight Jambi was used to seeing in real life. Her husband smoked more than a chimney. As she continued to watch the strange creature she began to notice something that looked like a tattoo on one of his cheeks. "My husband in real life has a tattoo there." She whispered. Jambi always thought the placement was weird and she loved it. Jambi hadn't had flashbacks of the real world often. She thought of her husband now and how she missed him. She continued to look at this man. "Boy are they similiar." Taking a step closer to the other character the tattoo began to come into view.  It was a motorcycle about the size of an average palm. Jambi continued tip toeing up behind the man until she was less than 6 inches away.

"Hi Rae"

ID# 54602 results:

Craft: 11

+Rare Item: 5 EXP

Item Name: Hand Huggers

Item Type: Clothing (Hand Wraps)

Tier: 1

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: 2 Slots [+1 dmg, +1 LD]

Name: Unarmed Damage

Cost: 1

Cap: 3

Effect: Adds +(1 * Tier Level) base damage for every slot used.

Name: Loot Die

Cost: 1

Cap: 2

Effect: Adds +1 to the loot die for every slot used

Description: Jambi's hand huggers are fingerless purple gloves made out of the softest alpaca hair.

Edited by Jambi