[PP-F1] <Secret Medicine of the Forest> (Husky & Lee Song-Fang)

The forest seemed so peaceful when it wasn't being over ran with players and monsters alike. Date, brandishing his spear swatted through foliage as he searched for a particular kind of enemy. The nepents, little plant like monsters with nothing particularly menacing about them, were his targets for the day. More specifically, the Nepent Variant that carried a little red flower or fruit atop its crown. Thus far, he has had no luck, however; he wouldn't let the lack of enemies get to him as he could still put his time to use looking for other things. Materials for eventual crafting being the case.

ID: 55078 LD: 20 {+1 Material}

Edited by Date

Getting readied to leave after gathering what he needed for his shop, Husky turned his back and was on his way out of the area and returned to his shop. However, the warrior was distracted by the rustling sound of a nearby brush. Readied his stance to attack, Husky approached the source of the sound, just behind the thick brush. Used his left arm to sweep the leaves away, Husky saw a man. Dark hair, spear held high in his hand and an unfamiliar face, someone he hasn't seen before. "Hey there...." Husky greeted the stranger. "I didn't expected that there'd be anyone here this early. Sorry if I startled you a little." He continued, dropping the fighting stance, not wanting to scare away the new comer.

The tall silver haired man would leave the safety of the town in search of two simple things. One would be materials that everyone seemed to need for just about everything and the second thing was to be helpful in one way or another. This was of course something that could be a bit harder than the first thing but he was always hopeful. The thick brush would surely be home to one, if not both of these things if he would count himself among the lucky. He would hear the rustle of leaves or bushes and then the sight of someone's back but the most interesting thing was that he was weaponless but he seemed to not be alone.

Lee himself did not want to intrude but at the very same time, he did not want to be seen as some sort of stalker or threat. "Hello~?"

ID: 55082 LD: 11

Plucking the leafy flower from its rooted space, Date placed the flower in his inventory and continued to scan the area. Still no sign of the nepents and so far he had only gathered a single material. A bated sigh escaped him as he stopped to rest near the treeline leading back to the safe zone. Looking back towards the foliage, he heard two separate voices call out. Both connected to a body that emerged from the leaves, causing him to stare in confusion as he moved closer. "Were you both looking for me?" questioned the brunette. He didn't recognize either of them, but they both seemed poised to chat with him. Turning to the white haired man first, Date offered a "Hello" in return. Turning to the darker-haired fellow, he responded. "No worries. Takes a lot more to excite me in this realm as I naturally expect beasts to leap from seemingly nowhere."

ID: 55091 LD: 1 {No Material found, 1 Material total}

Edited by Date

Seeing not only one person, but two did startled Husky somewhat. He didn't expect there to be another person out here. Both of them didn't seemed to know each other, nor does he has meet either of them. Keeping a fair distance, the warrior stepped out from the bush, still keeping his guard high, in any case of one of them is a Player Killer. Both only have starter gears, but you can't  always trust what you see. However, no matter how skeptic someone might look, you can't judge a book by its cover. Didn't wanted to be rude, Husky introduced himself first. "Hello there, My name is Husky. Pleasure to meet you all. Now, mind if I ask, but what are you doing out here this early in the day?" 

The tall white clothed player would move himself further out into a more open space to show that he was not meant to be seen as a threat from both players. The lance wielder would soon ask if they were looking for him and then would greet Lee in return to his own greeting but he would answer "I would like to say that I was if you need any sort of help." He would then turn his attentions over toward the brown haired player whom would also offer a greeting, his name and ask what the spear wielder what it was that he was doing there but before that, Lee would speak up just a bit

"A pleasure to meet you Husky." He would then look between the two of them "My name is Lee, Lee Song-Fang." He would look around to find nothing standing out, at least to his own eyes.

ID: 55104 LD: 13

Edited by Lee_Song-Fang

The brunette nodded as he assessed the situation. Putting it together, he realized that they all just so happened to be out early enough and didn't really expect company, however; company fond them, explaining where they were now. Giving a slight bow to them both, Date introduced himself. "I am Date. Pronounced like Dante minus the n," he explained. "Pleasure to meet you both as well." Turning to face the one known as Husky, Date answered his previous question. "As for what I'm doing out so early, I was searching for some nepent variants for this quest. I haven't had much luck finding them, but I'm collecting materials along the way so it isn't all bad. What about you two?" he inquired as he still scanned the ground for anything he could mash into powder for his concoctions later.

ID: 55091 LD: 1 {No Material found, 1 Material total}

"Lee, Date. Nice to meet you both." Husky bowed his head down slightly, giving both a formal greeting. None of them seemed to be bad guys, so he could relaxed a little, and he wouldn't have to worried much, since if they are truly new comers but with I'll attention, they would took much more damage than they could dealt. "You're taking the <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>, aren't you.  I've finish that quest a while ago, so if you need any help, I could provide somewhat of an assistance. Those nasty buggers are much tougher than you might think, so it's best that you guys bring some firepower along." Husky exclaimed, readied to provide a helping hand. He didn't want to see the new guys struggles against the boss, or died because of in in the matter of fact.

The other player had called themselves Date to which Lee would commit to memory along with Husky's and it seemed everyone were okay with one another to a point. It would seem that Date would be looking for something himself, seeming to be something called a nepent. Husky would comment that this was part of a quest that he had done himself and that it could be problematic if one wasn't careful and would offer assistance. Lee would raise an arm so that his hand would slide into view from out of his sleeve. "I would like to propose a small group to better the chances of any sort of negative things befalling any of us. It could also make things go by a lot faster too."

He would open his menu and with a flick of his wrist and a swift motion, he would send a friend request to Husky and then to Date. "It would also be fun. I haven't really fought much yet so being on a team would be enjoyable."

ID: 55275 LD: 11

Edited by Lee_Song-Fang

"Aye," confirmed the spear wielding brunette as he turned to address Husky once more. "Your generosity will not go un-thanked," thanked Date as he nodded in affirmation. Listening to the rest of what Husky had to offer, the light armored male was surprised to see Lee raise his hand after Husky concluded; offering an idea he had been considering as well. "If you two are willing to lend your time and strength, it would be much appreciated," mused the player. His eyes then darted to another plant he could use for alchemy. Flicking his gaze back up to the other two, he inquired. "So how about it? Nepent hunting?"

ID: 55299 LD: 19 {1 Material found, 2 Materials total}

Edited by Date

A notification popped up in the corner of his eyes. Husky opened and accepted the party request by Lee. "All right then, we got ourselves a party. Just follow me and enjoy yourselves out here, and we'll be done in no time." Husky told his newly met partners, as the three marched on to find the nepents. Didn't have to walk far, from the ground, four of the little plant like creatures emerged. The party engaged on their first battle. 

"I'll deal with these guys." Husky stepped up, absorbed all the attention from the monsters. He charged up his sword art and readied to fight. However, on his way charging forward, Husky stumbled and missed the queue, broke the momentum he had built. All hour of them consecutively strikes. All Husky could do now is to guard himself from incoming damage. As he did so, the monsters triggered the reflective damage on his armor. The pieces of armor he wore glowed brightly, as the damage reflected back to the plants. Soon, all four Nepents was obliterated by the damage.

[4/6 Nepents killed before Nepents Variant spawn.]

ID: 55423

BD: 5 

MOB: 6

Husky: 12/16 HP | 2/4 EN | ( - (( 5 -27) = 1 DMG) x4) = -4 DMG)

Date: 8/8 HP | 2/2 EN |

Lee Song-Fang: 8/8 HP | 2/2 EN |

VS

Nepent: 0/7 HP | 5 DMG | 3 MIT | ( -14 THR DMG)

LD: 7

Looted: 4 Mat

Edited by Husky

Lee was pleased that his invitation was accepted so that any negative actions against one another on accident would be avoided. Lee would then bring his attention toward Date about them offering to help "I'm more than willing to help." Husky spoke of following him and simply taking in the sights and it was then that they had truly began. It was not long before they had entered a battle and as they did, Lee Song-Fang would reach over his shoulder and pull his broadsword out and around into both his hands and as Husky spoke of taking on the monsters, he would charge what seemed to be a skill without a weapon but was thrown off.

This looked to be bad but in the end, the armor the character wore seemed to reflect the damage back on the monsters in a very self-destructive manner and like that, it was done. Lee would let his sword be held in just one hand and let it rest its edge on the ground as he would speak "Well, you were not kidding about enjoying ourselves. So you fight unarmed?" He would look around to see if anything else had fallen but it would seem nothing had escaped.

ID: 55445 LD: 8

Edited by Lee_Song-Fang

With the party set and Husky leading the way, Date followed behind the two. There little train was quickly derailed however as six nepents emerged from the shrubbery. Pole-arm ready within moments, the brunette followed behind Husky as he dove into combat. While the man tackled four at once, Date selected a safer approach and challenged a single nepent that had moved away from the rest. His spear gleamed as it quickly cut through the air and smashed into the plant. Its whip-like vines retaliated with several brutal slaps to the player. Looking back to Lee and Husky, the spearman called out. "Uhm, these things are far stronger than what I'm used to."

ID: 55091 BD: MD: 9 {Heft= 2 x 2 = 4 - 3 = 1}

Date: 6/12 E: 1/3

Nepent: 6/7 HP | 5 DMG | 3 MIT

Edited by Date

"Yeah. I don't like using weapons. It just doesn't feel natural for me to hold a sword and enter combat. It's more comfortable this way..." Husky was distracted for a moment when he answered Lee's question. When he looked back at Date direction, he saw the Nepent taking away half of Dante's health bar with one single strike. He didn't want to take any risk, as Husky quickly ran toward the Nepents and with a flank attack from the back, it was a guarantee hit. He activated the <<Aggressive Twins>> - one of the only sword art worth using - and struck the little plantlike critter. Two attack from the each side dealt a massive chunk to the Nepent's health, dropped down to the red zone. "Sorry about that... I should have told you that monster tends to sometime scale a lot stronger than the floor itself." 

(OOC: Sorry about the overwhelm damages from the monster. I might have overdone it a little on the scaling of the mobs when I spawn them in.)

ID: 55489

BD: 8

Husky: 12/16 HP | 1/4 EN |

Date: 6/12 HP | 1/3 EN |

Lee Song-Fang: 8/8 HP | 2/2 EN |

VS

Nepent: 1/7 HP | 5 DMG | 3 MIT | ( - (( 4 *Aggressive Twins: 2x1) -3) = -5 DMG)

Edited by Husky

Lee would raise his attentions toward Husky as he would answer his question about the lack of weaponry. With all things considered, it did seem like a really well thought out strategy overall. Not having to worry about losing your weapon unless, well, one were to lose their arms but then that opens up a whole new world of problems. Lee was going to continue when he saw that Date had entered into battle to which he would see Husky make his way over and activate a sword skill on the creature. Lee would join in the fight, drawing his sword over his head as Husky spoke about the creatures in the area being stronger than he had remembered.

The white dressed player would watch as his sword would come down in the place where the creature once was. "Well this is a tad bit embarrassing." He would laugh hesitantly at his miss and hope that it would not lead to any sort of major upsets.

ID: 55601 LD: 4(MISS)
Lee Song-Fang: 8/8 HP | 1/2 EN |

Edited by Lee_Song-Fang

"No worries," exclaimed the brunette as he hunched over to catch his breath."Th-thank you both," he said nodding in their respective directions. However the fight wasn't over yet, the nepent scrambled about giving the young man plenty of time to snag his spear once more and go for it. The crimson pole-arm sliced through the air with and effortless thrust as he tried to impale the creature. This was futile however as the creature narrowly avoid the tip of the spear, thus sticking it into the bark of tree just behind where the creature once stood. "Husky, finish it hehe. It seems I'm not as adept with this thing as I thought."

ID: 55701 BD: MD: 4

Date: 6/12 E: 2/3

Nepent: 1/7 HP | 5 DMG | 3 MIT

Edited by Date

Seeing the plant barely ducked the edge of the spear, Husky saw the opening he needed. Didn't hesitate any second, the warrior lunged forward and took his chance. One punch from the right hand sealed the kill, as the plant share its fate with the other ones. "Got it!"

Stood up and dust himself off from the dirt from the ground, he looked back at the two with a light smile. "Well fought. You guys did good back then." Husky complimented his two partners for their work. One more to go and they should be able to find the Nepent Variant.

ID: 55766

BD: 10

Husky: 12/16 HP | 1/4 EN |

Date: 6/12 HP | 1/3 EN |

Lee Song-Fang: 8/8 HP | 2/2 EN |

VS

Nepent: 0/7 HP | 5 DMG | 3 MIT | ( - ( 4 -3) = -1 DMG)

Edited by Husky

"No need for thanks, the opportunity is enough." Would be his reply to Date as he would attack the plant and strike it but not delivering the final blow. Lee would then watch as Husky would do the honors and put the creature down for the count. As he stood up, Lee would laugh lightly at Husky's statement about them doing good "Well, you two are the one's doing most of the work. I'm more like moral support or a cheerleader." He would raise his sword up and over his shoulder as he would look around the area for the last of the plant things they were to hit.

Edited by Lee_Song-Fang

Date nodded. Wind rustled the leaves beneath his feet, causing a flurry of them to spin and swirl. the leaves danced and swayed until they stopped against the form of an oddly shaped plant.

His amber eyes glowed. A lesser Nepent, he thought. The grip on his spear tightened as he marched towards the creature. A guttural growl rumbled through his throat as he broke into a sprint.

"Rawh!"

Spear raised, a thunderous roar broke the silence of the forest, as he launched the pole-arm.

"Damn it."

Date roared. Not only had he missed the creature, but he manged to get his spear lodged into the trunk of tree. "Accuracy is a cruel necessity" growled the brunette through gritted teeth.

ID: 55998 BD: 1

Date: 6/12 E: 0/3

Lesser Nepent: 2/2 HP | 1 DMG 

Edited by Date

Husky decided to stand back on this time. He didn't wanted to take all the fun, and the new guys seemed like they wanted some action. Stepped back a few steps, he watched the two new players fighting the lesser monster. Seeing Date missing the monster, Husky spoke aloud. "Try and stay calm. Just focus onto the monster, and relax. Let the game does it magic. Aim for the monster, and wait for your sword art to charge up, and the game will connected the hit on it's own." Husky guided the new player, giving him advice on how to fight. "Most of all, stay calm. Don't panicked." He finished. "Now let's hope that these guys can figure out what to do..." Husky thought quietly, leaning against a large tree trunk, and keep a watchful eyes on the two. If there's anything, he should be able to jumped in and intervene.