[PP-F1] Diamond Eyes <<Earning A Living>>

The chain smoking swordsman turned blacksmith stepped outta' his little [censored] hole of a shop and took a long deep breath of the outside air.  "Ahhhh," he breathed, satisfied by the fresh oxygen.  The air inside his little shanty was rather stagnant and even kinda' sour at times and it felt good to step out and catch his breath every once in a while.  That of course meant it was time for a smoke and Ronin pulled a fresh one from his pack and sparked it up, looking off down the street and wondering what all the other players in this game were up to today. 

@Rae_Amalia_Rose

Edited by Ronin

Rae Rose walked down the streets with an add in her hand talking about jobs. Well, I guess I should find something to do in this game instead of just walking around and being a nube. Rae thought to herself. What am I talking about? I am a nube, I have no idea what I am doing. She then thought to herself before she caught a wiff of cigarette smoke, which surprisingly didn't bother her too much, even though she didn't smoke herself. wait, haven't I ran into a guy that smokes before? Rae thought to herself and looked up from the add and looked around till she noticed who she was looking for.

"Oh hey." Rae said as she walked up to the man smoking. "I actually never introduced myself before. You offered to smoke with me but I never really got the chance to." She then said with a small friendly smile. "Oh hey, I found this application talking about jobs, you know any place I should look?" rae then asked the man. She then remembered that she still didn't introduce herself. "Oh god where are my manners? My name is Rae Amalia Rose." Rae then said with a respectful bow.

"Eh?" Ronin grumbled as he heard a voice and peeked upward.  His brow arched ever so slightly as he spotted a familiar looking female face, staring right back at him.  "Hmm? Ah yeah... I remember you... you were up there at that blacksmith's tent on the fourth floor, right?"  He asked, trying his best to remember.  He thought back to their first encounter and though it had been brief, he did recognize her.  He gave a slight head nod as though to say hello and took another drag at his cigarette.  Exhaling a long breath of smoke, he pursed his lips in thought over what she had said.  "Rae Amalia Rose aye?  That's quite the name...  I'm Ronin," he replied, before glancing toward the piece of paper she had in her hand.  "Oh yeah, there's plenty of jobs to be had 'round here.  I myself run this little uhhh..." he started, peeking back over his shoulder at his little shanty of a shack.  "...well, I'm a blacksmith.  What kinda' profession are you interested in?  I ain't got [censored] else goin' on at the moment, so I could probably help you look around a bit, if ya want?"

Rae smiled as Ronin said that he remembered her from the blacksmith's tent. She then made a nod, yup that's me." She then said. She then heard him compliment on her name and she kept her smile. "I like your name too Ronin. It's nice to meet you." She then stated. She then noticed him take a look at her paper and mention that there were plenty of jobs. "Well that's good to know." She then said. She heard him mention his shack and look over his shoulder to see it. "Welllll..... It's better than nothing, right?" Rae said looking at the bright side of things. She then turned her gaze back to Ronin as he asked what profession she'd be interested in. "Well...... I was thinking either Hunter-Gatherer or Smithing myself." She stated with a smile.

"Hmmm..." he hummed, thinking it over and taking another long, hard drag at his smoke.  "Welp, pretty much any of these jobs requires you to do a bit of hunting and gathering.  See... you need to get materials in order to craft anything, no matter which profession you decide to pursue.  The more materials you have, the more [censored] you can make and the better chance you'll have of crafting a good item and improving your skill.  The quicker you level up your skills, the easier it becomes to make higher quality items... or somethin' like that," he said, his words laced in noxious cigarette smoke.  He didn't really know what the [censored] he was talkin' bout, but he was just giving his best input, based on his own experiences.  "So...  you've got some interest in smithing do ya?  Wanna' take a look inside?" He offered, slowly turned back toward his shop.

Rae heard him mention that each job had a little bit of 'hunting and gathering' in it and took note of that. "That's also nice to know." She then stated. Rae watched as he took another drag of his cigarette, and Rae being a non smoker began to become a little curious. "They smell bad, but do they taste bad?" She then asked curiously. She heard him ask if she'd like a look inside of his shack since she was interested in smithing. "Yeah, sure, I'd be delighted." She said smiling. "Lead the way." She then stated.

Ronin nodded his head in response to the girl's question.  "Oh yeah... they taste like total dog [censored], but they're sure as all hell addicting."  He took a final drag at his smoke and flicked the cigarette to the breeze.  As it sailed through the air its durability hit zero and it suddenly burst into a hundred tiny digital shards, before disappearing altogether.  He cast his latest smokey exhalation outward, emptying his lungs and throat of the poisonous fumes.  "Righty o, just mind your step in here... it's a little... dirty," he warned, before turning and stepping inside his little shanty of a shop. 

Once inside, he moved through the small room and over to his anvil.  He took a glance at his forge, seeing that the coals were burning a little cool at the moment.  He did most of his smithing at night, so during the day it was usually just a big smoldering pit.  He eyeballed his mallet and his anvil and then shot a glance toward the girl who had accompanied him.  "Yeah so... basically you gotta' get yer hands on a material first, then you bring it back to yer shop, lay it out and try your best to craft something worth while.  I... haven't had the best fortune lately," he admitted, thinking of all the crappy items he had been producing lately.  "But that's the way it goes... sometimes you make really kickass stuff, other times, you don't..."

Rae watched as he flicked his cigarette into the breeze and it burst. She then followed him inside of his shack where she almost tripped but caught herself. After that she heard Ronin tell her to mind her step. "You don't say." She said. "Working here might kill me. Do you know just how clumsy I am?" Rae then asked and then sighed. "But hey, a job is a job, right?" She then asked a smile returning to her face as she thought of the best of things.

She then heard him begin to explain that she had to get her hands on materials and then bring them back to work on. "Sounds hard, but also not hard, all at the same time." She told him. She then began to look at his finish projects. "Well hey, atleast they're better than basic gear. Pretty sure a nube player would come in and spend coin on this stuff to replace his or her basic things." Rae then told him still being positive about it. "Man you just got to learn to work with what you got, you might not have a beautifully decorated shop, and you might not be the best smith around, but you are you, put a little bit of yourself in your works and it'll all fall into place." Rae then told him with a smile. "Are you looking for an apprentice of the sort?" Rae asked curiously as she placed her hands behind her back and rocked back and forth on her heels awaiting an answer.

"An... apprentice...?" Ronin repeated under his breath.  He paused for a moment, holding his smithing mallet in his hand and staring down at his anvil.  [censored], he had never even thought about having an apprentice before.  It might not be such a bad idea...  He pursed his lips, thinking on it for a good moment, before he finally lifted his head and looked toward Rae.  "Ya know... we just might be able to work somethin' out."  He liked where the girl's head was at and how she seemed to want to make the best of a situation, no matter how screwed up it may have been. 

This type of positive thinking was something Ronin wanted to do more often and he figured perhaps Rae would be a good influence.   "If you are serious about being my apprentice, we'll need to see what you can do first..." he announced, laying his mallet down and stepping carefully over to her.  "...Let's head out and search for some materials.  If you can find even a single one, I'll agree to mentor you.  If not... well then I guess you'll just have to keep lookin' for someone else to teach you..." 

A smile formed on Rae's face when Ronin said that they may be able to work something out. "Okay." Ray nodded with a smile as she brought her hands from behind her back and stopped rocking on her heels. She then heard him say if she's serious about being his apprentice then he'd need to see what she could do. "I'm as serious as one can be." rae told him with a smile. "I'm up for any challenge you throw my way." She then told him. She then heard him mention that they should head out and search for materials. "U-Umm... The only way I can gather materials at the moment is PVMobs." Rae then told him. "But if that is your requirement then let's do this." She then said. I just hope I don't die in the process. She then thought to herself.

"Oh no," Ronin began, "...there's another way you can collect materials, without any fighting at all," he assured her.  He gave a thoughtful glance toward the girl, noticing that she didn't appear to be too well equipped for battling at the present moment.  Perhaps he could hook her up with a little gear to help get her going, once they were finished with this apprenticeship business of course.  He stepped through his shop, heading toward the front door again.  The weathered floorboards creaked beneath his boots and he laughed to himself.  One day, he would do something to spruce this place up a bit.  Hell, maybe if Rae did become his apprentice, she could help...  

"Alright.. so here's the deal, we'll start by heading up this little hillside outside of town.  Once we get up there we can search for a couple materials.  Sound good?"  Just to show Rae that it was possible, Ronin turned his attention toward the area right outside his shop, wanting to demonstrate to the girl that it was actually possible to find materials anywhere in this virtual world, as long as you were willing to look.

"Aha! see, I found one right here!" he said, kicking a small rock aside and revealing a tiny piece of cloth laying beneath it.  He crouched and picked up the material, showing it to her and explaining.  "As long as you find something like this, anything really, you can use it to try and craft an item.  This cloth for example could be used to wrap the hilt of a new sword or bind some pieces of armor together..."

ID# 55399 results:

Loot: 15+2 = 17 = +1 Material

Edited by Ronin

"Is it really that easy?" Rae asked curiously as she began looking around for anything that could be used as material. Out in the distance she caught a sight of ore and ran over to pick it up. "Oh hey, look, I found something." Rae said as she made her way over to it, she then went to pick it up but once she did, and studied it she noticed it was filled with impurities and was pretty much unusable. "Or, well, I guess I didn't find something." Rae then stated dropping the impure ore piece.

ID# 55400 results:

Loot: 2=0 Material

"Oh?" hummed the swordsman, arching his eyebrow as the girl suddenly ran over to investigate something she had spotted.  As he watched her inspect it and then finally drop it, he gave a slight smirk.  "Yeah... no big deal, sometimes you find something useful, sometimes you don't... that's just the way it goes.  The good thing is, if you've got a lot of time on your hands, you can spend an entire day searching."  Ronin wasn't the best teacher, or at least he didn't believe himself to be, but he was doing his best to try and encourage Rae and keep her motivated.  "C'mon, let's head up to that hillside and we'll see if we have better luck over there.  I know of a cool little cave where I spent some time mining ore with a pickaxe when I first started out.  Maybe you can give it a go..."

Rae did feel a little down that she wasn't ble to find something useful, But she knew he was right, She had to keep trying if she wanted the job as being his apprentice smith. "Alright." She said running over to Ronin again. She then heard him bring up spending entire days searching for materials. "Weeelll... If you have nothing better to do then that's something am I right?" Rae said smiling. She heard him talk about a cave that he mined with a pick axe when he first started out. "Okay then, lead the way, I'll follow." Rae then stated with a smile.

The blacksmith with the terrible smoking habit fired up another cancer stick and lead the way through town, out the other side and up the hill leading to the cave.  As he reached the mouth of the cave he paused and turned back, looking to see if the girl had been able to keep up.  Taking a drag at his cigarette, he took a peek toward the sky, sniffing the air and wondering if there might be some rain on the way.  "Alrighty... this is the place," he started, before peeking his head inside the cave and looking to see if the pickaxe was still leaned up against the wall.  To his delight it was and he snatched it up at once, spinning it around in his hand and extending the wooden handle toward Rae.  "'ere ya go, take ahold o' that and give 'er a good swing at the wall inside this cave.  You'll see a buncha' mineral veins and if ya' hit 'em just right, you might be able to harvest some ore outta' them."

Rae noticed him pull out another cigarette and light it in his mouth on their way to the cave. Hmmm.... I wonder what he'll do if I pull a little prank on him? Will he get mad? Or I dunno, I've seen chicks do it in the movies. Maybe I should wait until we get to the cave. Rae then thought to herself. I mean, If I remember correctly he did offer me one when we first met. What would be the difference? She then thought. Maybe I could do a trick with the smoke. Rae then thought to herself, being a vaper in the real life, Rae knew quite a bit of smoke tricks.

Before long they had made their way to the cave. She noticed him look around for something and that's when he found it. She watched him pick up a pick-axe, swing it around in his hand, and then handed it to her by the handle. She then made a smile. She waited for him to plop the cigarette back into his mouth and smiled. "Hold on, I want to try something real quick." Rae said as she gently took the cigarette out of his mouth, She then placed in between her lips and took a little drag off of it, but enough to get enough smoke for what she planned to do, and then placed his cigarette back in his mouth before blowing a few Os and snapping her fingers around the top of the rings and turning the Os into hearts. "Can you do that?" Rae then asked curiously.

Rae then looked at the pick axe, turned towards a wall, and began to look for a good ore vein, and when she found one she began to mine it, it took awhile, but not too long before she got a piece of ore, She inspected it and was happy with the piece she had gotten and smiled. "Hey look, I actually got a piece that is useable." Rae then stated walking over to Ronin with the ore piece she got from the cave.

ID# 55417 results:

Loot:17=+1 Material

"Nice fuckin' work!" he cried out, unable to believe that the girl had found some material that quickly!  "Good job, hold onto that one, and be sure to keep track of how many materials you collect.  Later when it's time to start crafting, you'll want to know how much material you have to work with."  He plucked his smoke from between his lips and eyeballed it for a moment, thinking back to the little smoke trick Rae had just performed.  "Hmmm, never tried that one before..." he said simply, before turning his attention back to the cave wall.  "Try a few more whacks at the wall... see if you can get at least one more material, then we'll head back to the shop and you can try out your first crafting attempt."  Something told the chain smoker that Jambi wouldn't like this [censored] one bit if she were here, but he decided there wasn't much he could do about it now.  He kept his mind focused on the task at hand, rather impressed with how quickly this girl was picking up on it all.

Rae smiled as Ronin complimented her on mining a good piece of ore and told her to put it in her inventory and hold onto it because she would like to know how much ore she had to work with when she was done here. "Alrighty." She said putting the ore piece in her inventory and smiling. She then looked back at him as he mentioned he had never tried that trick before. "Oh it's real easy, just blow an O and then snap your fingers quickly at the top of it." She stated smiling. "I know all of the tricks, I can teach you some later if you'd like." Rae stated smiling. she then heard him tell her that she should go back to mining to get atleast one more piece of ore before they left, She noded and made her way back to the wall of the cave.

Once back at the wall she began to look for another ore vein and began picking at it with the pick axe, she was trying to be as careful as she could be with it, but it ended up she accidentally hit the ore vein too hard and it shattered. "Damn." She said under her breath dissappointed in herself.

ID# 55428 results:

Loot:1=0 Material 

"Hermmm, alrighty then, I guess I'll give 'er a try..." Ronin replied, taking a long drag at his smoke and then pulling the cancerous cylinder away from his lips.  He formed his lips into an O shape and exhaled in sharp puffs, trying to produce some smoke rings.  On the third one, a perfectly shaped, thick ring came swirling out into view and he lifted his free hand, snapping his thumb and middle fingers together near the top of the ring.  The result wasn't so much a heart, as a fucked up looking O with a big bow in the top of it.  He shrugged and turned his attention back to the girl and her mining attempts.  "Don't be afraid, WHACK THAT [censored]!" he insisted, thinking back to how hard he had been beating that pickaxe against the wall when he first came here. 

Rae found another ore vein and listened to Ronin shout at her to wack the [censor] out of it. So she began to pick at the wall again. But to her own demise she once again failed at mining the ore aswell. She watched the ore vein shatter infront of her and sighed, droop her head and sighed while sitting on her knees. She then turned her gaze to Ronin to see how he was doing with the heart rings and it almost looked like he was giving up. "If I'm gonna keep trying I atleast want you to keep trying at learning that trick, trust me, It's easier than it looks." Rae then said bringing a smile back t her face and facing the wall again looking for another ore vein.

ID# 55436 results:

Look:3=0 Materials