(PP-F1) Unfamiliar Faces, Good Friends, Familiar Places, Dead Ends (ErinVyce)

Scarlet glanced around the first floor. The whole place seemed so familiar but strange at the same time. She wandered around, going from shop to shop. Her mistress Crimsa had sent her out on some errands, and she didnt want to disappoint. She had been getting more and more into her role as a servant lately, but she was certain that it was just a phase that would pass. Until she got over the stress of the loss of her memories, it was nice to be able to rely on someone else to tell her what to do. She was unsure. Maybe after she got over it she would stay on as the woman's servant. It wasnt like she was a particularly high level, or so she believed. Forty wasnt all that much higher from one, so nothing too special. She stood in the center of the city, glancing around at the stalls for the right items.

It had felt like years since she had lost her beloved friend manta, where she had gone she wouldn't know but it all seemed distant now as she sat in the alley of the first floor like she had done at the start of the game. She dreamed that maybe this was all some sorta terrible dream that was slowly making her lose her friends. After her ruined relationship with Zelrius and now Manta she couldn't imagine what she would do beside continue her current role as a model for Ariel. Her head slouched over as she now pushed up a pair of glasses she had made merely to help complete the new look she was aspiring to take. A finger raised up and pushed them back onto her nose as she looked up into a window and saw her new trimmed hair. "I don't even recognize myself any more," she frowned and hung her head rather depressed as the glasses slid back down looming on the edge of her nose.

Scarlet rounded a corner, heading for a shortcut that she couldnt remember having ever taken before, but somehow knew the way. She almost ran into the young woman sitting there, in the middle of the alleyway. That was quite strange, and Scarlet couldnt help but wonder if the girl was all right. One thing was for sure, the girl was a knockout. Literally the cutest person Scarlet had seen since she had woken up without her memories. One thing was for sure, this woman was her type. She got down on a knee, setting down the groceries that she had collected, a brown paper bag of vegetables and other food, looking the girl over. "Are you all right? Do you need anything?" She asked in a worried voice Something felt wrong, and she couldnt help unknowingly echoing the same words she had before she had lost her memory, to Erin all that time ago. "Everything's going to be all right."

Vyce was her new name since she had been abandoned, she didn't know why she decided to revert to the second half of it but it felt right. Everyone she knew everything she loved had vanished all she had left now was Ariel whom Manta had told to take care of her in her sudden absence. Her eyes still drooped down as her bangs slid over them in between her eyes and the frame of her glasses sighing. The pattering of the shoes sprinting quickly didn't even stir up her emotion. Although tears did begin to stream rather subtly as she silently cried to herself attempting to now hid the streams that had run down her cheeks. The back of her hand gently brushing the salty liquid from her eyes before shaking her head up and down and smiling as happy as she could, "Y-yeah sorry." Her voice rather broken up as she tossed her hair out from her eyes before looking up most of the tears had been brushed off but residue still remained upon them evidence to her true reasons for remaining in this secluded alleyway.

Scarlet frowned as the girl very obviously started to tear up. Something seemed to be very wrong, and if she couldnt figure out what it was, she was at least going to do her best to help. She was nothing if not caring. She reached out a hand to the young woman. "I'm sure i've been through some pretty bad things too, and i know that sitting and moping is only going to make you feel worse." She paused, remembering what the note had said that she had left herself. "Stare long enough into the abyss, and the abyss will stare back into you. Don’t dwell on the terrible things longer than necessary. Just keep moving forward." She said after a moment of thought.

Her back was erect against the brick wall of the structure she had been leaning against, her full weight slowly slipping off of the rough cool stone. As the hand extended down to her she blinked and looked up at the scarlet haired maiden that had planted herself in front of her like a sturdy fig tree. Everything felt wrong without Manta beside her even this, a gut wrenching feeling burrowing through her stomach as it seemed to hollow her out. "You're right, of course. I just am always a mess just ask Ma-" halfway through her thought she frowned and drooped her head down so her bans now slid into her eyes once more. "But you can't ask her, she's gone ... like ghost without a trace. I did everything wrong, I-I should have been there for her more often and I should have kept up my training and now I'm sitting her moping about literally beneath the gutters. Sorry you don't want to hear any of this," Her wise saying broke through to her rather shattered mind now as she nodded and cheered up as much as she possibly could. "I'm so sorry, please forgive me I lost someone I hold dear recently." 

Scarlet stared at the girl. It wasnt actually all that often that people dissapeared from this place. People didnt dissapear, they exploded into pixels and usually were spotted before they died, or some sort of clue was left behind. She paused thinking. She really wanted to help this girl out, but she felt as though she already knew what had happened. She sighed. "I'll help you figure out what happened. I need to ask you some questions first, before we can come to any sort of solution. First off, is she still on your friends list? I also need to know what she looked like and whether or not she ever went out hunting solo. And lastly, had anything traumatic happened to her recently?" Scarlet questioned. She wasnt sure that the girl could take the truth, but she was going to give it to her, as best as she could.

As she was bombarded with questions she began to look up a bit startled as she began to nod attempting to keep this list straight in her head, "No, s-she disappeared a few days ago after she took me to one of her friends shop. I-I guess, she disappeared a few days ago from my list. Along with another guy who I met a while back. H-his name was Zelrius, but that was a few days apart. I just thought it was a coincidence." Her eyes widened suddenly remembering that they both could have been on the front lines. "I think they both fought in the boss raids? B-but she promised me she would come back every time she went off to one. S-she." Her eyes began to water as she shook her head, "S-she can't b-be dead!"

Scarlet felt bad, having to break the news to the young girl. She stepped forwards and hugged the young woman before starting to speak. "I'm sorry, but all the evidence points to her dying, and this Zelrius guy too. When someone dies they dissapear from your friendlist. The only thing that doesnt make sense is that she dropped you off at a friends place before dissapearing. That suggests that she knew that she was going to die. Maybe she was being targeted by Pkers. That would make sense. So she probably went out into the wilds to face them when you werent around in order to protect you." She explained, gently rubbing the girls back as she hugged her. 

Her eyes lit up with fear as she heard this idea, Manta had disappeared after leaving her with Ariel. The conclusion which Scarlet had devised wasn't a ridiculous one at all was it her way of attempting to protect her? "S-she wouldn't have ever done something so reckless, she knew I would have died for her ... r-right?" She now was pressed against the red haired woman, the embrace giving off a warming sensation as she continued to cry now realizing that possibly the two people in this world who had ever done anything for a pathetic thing like herself were both dead. She tried to squirm a bit in her grasp as she mewled louder and louder now attracting a crowd as she weakly attempted to push into her. "M-manta! Manta! m-m-ma-nt-a." She displayed the emotional tantrum as she weakly rested against the stranger. "S-she can't be dead ..."

Scarlet smiled sadly as the girl had a little tantrum and said that the woman she had lost would have known that she would have died for her. "Of course. Thats why she left without you, because she didn't want you to die." It was an uplifting and very sad story, or so she thought, until she heard the girl calling out her username. Well, it seemed like she had dissapeared, purged her friend list, and left no note to her old friends. It must have been incredibly important that she had gone and dissapeared. She didnt want to know her past, so she didnt want to hang around this girl anymore. Too many spoilers. "Hey. She's dead, and you'll have to live with that. But you dont have to go through it alone. Go find your friends and spend time with them until you come to terms with it." She said, really, really wanting to leave. She was stuck being hugged though....

Vyce leaned against her before taking a sniff as she had felt like this embrace was quite familiar, it had to be a coincidence though as no one she had met had such crimson hair. "I-I'm so sorry to bother you so much. You don't want to deal with my troubles. As you said you have recently been going through some hard times. Umm what is the name again? Y-you can call me Vyce." She blinked now looking back down both sides of the alley to make sure no one was appearing.

Scarlet smiled at the young woman, gently releasing her from the hug. "I dont mind helping out others with their problems." Just not when you pertain to me. She said, keeping the last part to herself. Things must have been pretty terrible for her to take her own memories away. She didnt want to remember if that was the case. "Oh, no. I'm not going through hard times. I'm happier than i've ever been." She stated, being completely honest. She had never been as happy as she was now, although she didnt actually have much experience. "I work on the fifth floor. I'm the servant to an incredible woman. Shes caring and kind, and everythings going great. Maybe you should try it." She said with a smile before giving the girl her name. "I'm Scarlet, nice to meet you Vyce-chan." She said smirking, hitting on the young woman. Hell, she was a single young woman, she was allowed to hit on people.

As she spoke, Vyce nodded her mood swaying back to one of gratitude till she began to hear the awkward change in her tone, Byce blinked and looked back toward her as she began to wonder if she was attempting to flirt with her. "P-pardon?" Her own speech offering complete confusion in it as she wasn't certain she was hearing things right. Since she was left behind now alone she wasn't particularly prepared to pick up with relationships now least of all after hearing the news of Manta's apparent death. She sighed and shook her head, "Nice to meet you as well miss Scarlet, although I-I wouldn't suggest go about being a servant. I-I have had a bad history with people ... as you know both people I have loved are now dead. Maybe I'm the reason they are dead," sighing as she tried to walk away now as this possible flirt was nice enough but never could she measure up to her Manta.