[SP:F1] In Due Time

In her room, Opal leaned against her door, a heavy hand on her face as she sank down to the ground and then proceeded to place both hands upon her face. She stifled a small laugh, and then with both hands cupped, she brought them over her face and pressed upwards towards her hair as the platinum strands slowly turned silver and long. It was like removing a mask she had worn for ages. The restrictions she had placed around her were finally down the moment her blade had pierced that foolish berserker. She laughed as she stood up shaking her head, allowing the snow white hair to free fall and cascade around her body. The white and red uniform of the Vice Commander now slowly being removed one article at a time and in place, deep sets of ebony hugged her body. She felt free for the first time since the beginning of the game. 

She found a comfortable chair to sit into, her eyes were fixed on a crackling fireplace as she stared into it feeling those old memories rush to her head once more. Perhaps it was time to tell a story of what really happened all that time ago? Her once white and pure eyes stared at the fire and she leaned back in her leather seat. She took a long drag of her cigarette, a recently summoned instrument that helped cool her mind but was now merely just enjoying the taste of it in her mouth. 

"Its all started..." she began...It had begun with Opal meeting Myoga for the first time..., that was when she met the old man and heard about her promising future. But she had already known what was in store for her future. Prior to the events of this tale, she had slept with a man she only knew as Top Dollar, but this man had many names and he smelled like an ocean. The woman could never forget that scent, but it was not the sex that kept her eyes drawn to the darkness, it was what he had asked and told of her. 

A week before Opal had met Lindow, there was a man who had noticed the female distraught from the news that she was trapped in the game, the man was later known as Sensui. Sensui was a cold and malicious person, however, he never spoke out of turn or became unfriendly towards another person. His mask was thick and his heart was bulletproof. The man offered Opal a job and had agreed to take it. The life she was about to live would be harsh and unforgiving, but she knew what the task and the mission entailed. When Master Myoga finally met Opal, the web of deceit was already laid out before them and the rest of Aincrad. 

A thick stream of that delicious smoke exited her mouth, the orange cloud burst into the air giving off that citrus aroma as she flicked the ashes off her cigarette. The woman had begun her tale of master deception, however she did not have the tools until she met Myoga which was kindly pointed out by Sensui.

--Flash Back--

"So...you want me to be found out by this Myoga guy and why?" 

"He will teach you everything you need to know about the art of deception. His ninja skills are better than the group of players I currently own." 

"Own?" Opal asked casting the man a gaze.

"Yes. Own. Much as I will own you. But we will be partners. You are female after all, and there are things you can work to your advantage with men as you already know. Its power that you have and it will be your advantage when you press into the guilds. But my small group of ninja would be no match for Myoga, that is where you will come in and learn what he has to offer. I will tell you this though, your world will be tough and you will have to wear that sexy smile for as long as you can."

"Alright, so say he does train me. What then?" Opal asked.

"Well, we will play it by ear. I would like to be King of Aincrad, but there are a few people who need to fall off their pedestals before I can be declared as such."

--

Opal leaned back once more in her chair, the ashes scattered about in the room before disappearing into nothingness leaving no trace of their dirty pixels behind. Deception was key, she had to play it perfectly or everything would fall apart. But without Myoga's training she would have had a much more difficult time lieing to those she would eventually call friends and allies. The woman breathed heavily, the citrus scent escaping her mouth from black coated lips as the smoke seemed to hang around her before disappearing all together. 

When did she learn deception? It was about the time that Myoga had sent her to be a spy at a Tea House in Urbus where she learned the tricks of the trade while moving on her feet. She had become geisha, learning the moves knowing what to say, how to blend in, becoming one harmonic note in the symphony of people. That is where she learned to disguise who she was, and she never folded until she took off that final mask when she plunged her blade deep into Dom's back while wearing the smile of chaos.