[F2-PP] Time to kill Gorignak! <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Khrysaor, Ronin)

Deciding to attempt a ridiculous quest about breaking a rock, Nikodemus sent a message out looking for help. He waited by the settlement exit on floor 2 for a young gentleman he knew who responded to his request. While waiting, he checked his stats and sighed. "Well, this will be fun. Punching a rock with my bare hands with no helping items. Let's hope this quest goes well." Smiling he watched the sun travel its orbit in the sky, Nikodemus kept his mind on the task at hand. "Well, this will be entertaining none the less."

Spoiler

<<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2

This quest is repeatable (to help only)

This RP will not count in the benchmark

o3mxo4I.png

To start the quest, the player must first find the quest NPC that has taken residence in a hut near the summit of an exceptionally high mountain at the southern edge of the 2nd Floor. If the player accepts the quest, the NPC takes the player outside to a 2 meter-high rock with a diameter of about 1.5 meters and almost as tough as an Immortal Object. There, the NPC reveals that the player must split the rock into two using only their fists and then proceeds to paint whiskers with quick-drying paint on the player’s face, claiming that the whiskers cannot be removed until the rock is split. If the player does manage to split the rock, they are rewarded with the Extra Skill.

Good luck Players!

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-Must destroy <<The Boulder>> using only your fists. Thus damage bonuses such as Athletics apply, but your weapon skill rank does not, nor can you use any sword arts.

The Boulder Information:

<<The Boulder>> is a respawning Quest object and has the following statistics:

HP: 50

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted the Extra Skill, <<Martial Arts>>

2. 1 Skill Point

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: Any

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Khrysaor was lazing about under the shade of a tree, within a park. He was thinking about his first hunting expedition he went on just the other day, 'The fight with the boars took a lot out of me, but it went well.' thought Khrysaor. Now that he got some more items and Col, he wanted to start his second quest, but did not know where to look. At the same time, a Aincrad-wide message was sent out, the player was looking for help to finish a quest, it read <Breaking the Unbreakable>. Looking at the details, he decided he could help out. Then he looked at the username of the players, and his eyes went wide, first with shock then excitement. 'He was the same blacksmith who I bought my new armor from. Okay, now I know I am going to help out.'

Khrysaor sent a PM to Niko, to which he responded saying I can help out with the quest, and to find him up on the second floor, near the settlements. Khrysaor got up and headed out to the teleportation gates. "Hmm, this will be interesting. It is my first time going up to the second floor, and doing a quest on it." muttered Khrysaor.

Ronin came rolling in amid a cloud of noxious smoke, as per usual.  The winds seemed to change and virtual flowers wilted as he passed along.  He coughed into the backside of his gloved hand and wiped his wetted lips.  "Herm... what's this then?" he wondered, spotting a little notification popping up.  He fingered it and reviewed the details of some player asking for help with a quest.  "Ah... looks like Niko wants to redo that quest and get the skill for himself this time..." he acknowledged, remembering the time he himself had done the quest and Niko had been there to help.  The least Ronin could do now, was go and lend a hand.  He sent a quick reply out, letting Niko know he would help and set off to join up with them on the second floor.  "On my way pal..."

Seeing the two replies, Nikodemus smiled. He was glad he could count on Khrysaor and Ronin. He knew Khrysaor from his shop, and Ronin from helping him do the very quest he was doing. Waiting for them at the exit of the settlement towards the quest area, Nikodemus whistled lightly and waited. Seeing Khrysaor and Ronin teleporting in one after another, Nikodemus waved them down happily, "Over here friends."

While, Khrysaor walked towards the teleportation gates, he checked out some of the quest details he was about to embark on. Khrysaor was thinking, 'Seriously we have to beat down a rock. It has 50 HP and the players have to use nothing but their fists. Oh, god this will take all day and only the party leader gets the skill. Well that sucks, but still got to be good experience for when I come back to do the quest, right?' Knowing what the quest was about, Khrysaor sped up to the gates not wanting to waste anymore time, since it will be a long quest. Especially if there going to be only 2 people doing it.

Once he got into the teleportation gate, he called out "Floor 2 - Urbus". With a swirl of colors he came upon the second floor settlement, looking around he saw it looked to be a historical city, more castles and stone and wood buildings. Mountains surrounded the town, and looks to be a well protected town, especially with the mountain cover all around.

Few moments, after another person who seemed familiar teleported into the town, and asked, "Hey, whatchya doin' here, Ronin?"

Khrysaor snapped his head to a voice he hadn't heard for some time and saw Niko running up to them. "Hey, Niko, ready to get this quest started?" questioned Khrysaor.

"Eyo, just came to give Niko here a hand with the ole' rock punchin' action.  You guys ready to get this show on the road?"   The smoker licked his lips, looking toward the mountain in the distance and anticipating the trip.  He wanted to get moving as soon as possible, because he knew that punching this damn rock and knocking its HP down to zero could take some time.  Fortunately for him, the Taco-man had been there when he had done the quest and done some substantial damage to the rock on each hit.  Something told Ronin this little group was going to have it a little slower going...

"Yes. I have a nice pair of new gauntlets made just for this. Hopefully they will help with hitting this blasted rock..." With that, Nikodemus swapped his normal gauntlets off and put his shield away. Taking a new pair of gauntlets from his inventory, he put them on and made sure they fit well. When he was happy with them, he began the climb of the mountain path. With a sigh, he smiled and kept moving on, checking behind him to make sure the others were following.

Equip swap:

Unequiped Scales of the Dragon God.

Equipped Fists of Manju: +2 unarmed damage, On miss, +1 BD added until next successful hit.

Spoiler

Name: Fists of Manju.

Profession: Blacksmith

ID# 57068

CD: 11 + 1 = 12

Quality: Perfect

Tier: 1

Item Type: Heavy Armor Gauntlets

Enhancements: (3/3) Unarmed Damage: Adds +(1 * Tier 1) base damage for every slot used. (2 Slots), Heavy Momentum: When you miss, gain a +(1 * Tier 1) base dmg. This can stack up to the amount of slots used. The +dmg goes away after a successful hit. (1 Slot)

Description: A pair of gauntlets made from a strange material and shaped to provide a full coverage of the hand and wrist. The metal is etched with many markings and runes. The knuckles of these gauntlets are rounded slightly to produce a medium of energy transfer, allowing for harder hits. These gauntlets are named after a mythical being named Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands, a martial artists being who is said to be able to strike a man 10,000 in the span of a moment. He was also famed for splitting the Rock of Ages, allowing the time of the Gods to end, and the time of Men to begin.

"Ohh, that is good that you have some item to help Niko, my friend, sadly for me I don't have anything that can help us break this damn rock. Does not matter, at least it will shorten the time that we are out here, but by how much well we will see." said Khrysaor as he also started walking the mountainous path just following a little behind Nikodemus. He looked at Nikodemus, as he unequipped his items, and thought, 'Oh, yeah that reminds me I should also unequip my sword. The boulder we have to break must be done without a weapon and can only use fists.' He fiddled with his menu screen for a few moments and pressed the unequip button on the screen. Khrysaor watched as Fang of the Underworld disappeared right before his eyes and back into his inventory. After that, he kept pace with Nikodemus and Ronin, climbing the long, winding mountain trek.

UNEQUIPPED Fang of the Underworld

When they finally reached the top of the mountain, Ronin paused and planted his hands on his knees, hunching over and wheezing a bit.  Though this was a virtual world and he was smoking the [censored] outta' virtual cigarettes, his virtual lungs still seemed to feel the effects sometimes.  He coughed and spat at the ground, taking a long moment to catch his breath from the arduous climb they had just endured.  As he finally straightened himself out and pulled air into his lungs, he looked toward Niko and then toward the little hut where the NPC resided.  "You remember the deal right?  Poke in there and talk to the NPC, then we'll get to work on this damn rock..."  Ronin then turned his attention toward the massive boulder off to his right.  Yeah, this wasn't going to be any picnic...

Rolling his shoulders under his large armor, Nikodemus smirked slightly and nodded at Ronin. "Yes. I remember this NPC being a bit odd and having an affinity for drawing cat whiskers on people. Well, I'll go get it started." With that Nikodemus stepped into the small hut and engaged the NPC within. The little man was a bundle of energy and run about chattering about what needed to be done. Nikodemus simply listened and once the NPC finished, a <Quest accept> screen appeared in Nikodemus' HUD. Tapping a finger on the <ACCEPT> button, the NPC then made a furious amount of swipes at Nikodemus face with a paint brush, imbuing the madman with painted on whiskers. Upon completion, the old man nodded a farewell and returned to his humdrum life.

Exiting the hut, Nikodemus sighed and looked at the rock. It was going to be a bit of a pain, but he had prepared as best as possible for this quest. flexing his fingers in the new gauntlets he wore, he smiled a bit and rotated his wrists. Looking to Ronin and Khrysaor, Nikodemus nodded and flashed a smile to them. Looking to the rock, he then sighed and measured it up and down. "Well, this will be fun none the less."

<<The Boulder>> | HP: 50

As soon as Ronin saw Niko emerging from the hut with the signature cat whiskers painted on, he knew it was go time.  He turned toward the rock and launched off the ball of his foot immediately, racing toward it at break neck speeds.  As he came within a few yards, he suddenly sprang upward into the air and thrust his back leg hard, landing the sole of his weathered boot against the stone and then springing back to the ground and landing with a grimace.  "Damn... thing didn't even budge," he grumbled under his breath.  He had made contact, yeah, but this rock was no pushover.

ID# 57498 results:

Battle: 8

<<The Boulder>> | HP: 49/50

Edited by Ronin

It was such a long climb up the hill/mountain that Khrysaor himself was whizzing to get air in his lungs. He felt exausted and tired but now will come the hard part. Khrysaor saw Nikodemus walk into the hut and was in there for some time before he came out. Khrysaor couldn't help but let out a snicker, but tried to stop himself. He was looking at Nikodemus face which had whisker marks painted on. He wondered how that happened, but Ronin went ahead and started to beat the boulder the instant Niko appeared. 'So, it was time to get started,' thought Khrysaor. He also went for a running jump at the boulder, and in the air a strong gust of wind pushed him slightly off course. Making him miss his mark and punched the ground right beside the boulder. "Seriously, what the hell I was hoping to make some serious damage on the boulder, but I miss because of the damn wind." said Khrysaor.

ID# 57620

BD: 4

<<The Boulder>> | HP: 49/50

Edited by Khrysaor

Planting his feet well and flexing his fingers in the new gauntlets, Nikodemus took one deep breathe and the let loose a solid punch straight into the large rock. Feeling the steel of his gauntlets grate against the rocky material, Nikodemus smiled and pulled his hand back. A nice crack, no larger than a finger's length, began to form on the rock. Letting the breathe out, Nikodemus stepped back and allowed room for the others to swing in. "This will take some time. But with us each hitting it, it will begin to loose and crack."

ID# 57642 results:

Battle: 10

DMG: 1 + 2 + 2 = 5

<<The Boulder>> | HP: 44/50

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood
  • 2 weeks later...

Khrysaor did not feel like taking a chance and missing his next attack. So, he slowly went up to the boulder and stood there for a moment and took a deep breath. He took a simple fighting stance and aimed a punch. He made sure to pivot and twist his body forward with the punch to bring out the maximum power into it, but when he hit the boulder nothing happened. Instead of the boulder taking damage Khrysaor was on the receiving end of the damage. He felt like his hand cracking from the impact against the boulder. "Ouch," muttered Khrysaor.

ID# 58337

BD: 2

<<The Boulder>> | HP: 44/50

Edited by Khrysaor