[SP-F6] The Two-Faced Enemy <<The Gemini>>

Khrysaor was on the sixth floor for the very first time since entering the game. He was hiking through the jungle, but his thoughts kept going back to the female only village he passed through. Thinking he might just go back after his exploration to get a better look and see if he could have a chat with some of them. The jungle he was walking through was quite unique and exotic looking, with a amazon like look. He could hear a waterfall in the distance, and decided to head in that direction. He cut some branches as he walked through to get to the waterfall, and saw a clearing not too far ahead. Running the rest of the way, Khrysaor ran out into the clearing and was assaulted with a wave of relaxation as he looked at the large, and magnificent waterfall. It truly was a picture perfect scene, in which there was the water from the fall hit some flat stones underneath it. He could just stand there for all eternity looking at the falls, but was brought out of his reverie by a chill going down his spine. He felt something was not right and started to carefully observe his surroundings.

Khrysaor's eyes fell on a figure who was just sitting calmly by the water, also staring up at the waterfall. '[censored], how long has the person been sitting there and why didn't I notice him till now.' thought Khrysaor. The figure had a black cloak with a hood on that covered the body. Khrysaor could not even tell if the mysterious person was male or female, that is until the figure spoke. Without even turning around, in a low, masculine voice the guy said, "Hello, stranger, what brings you to this part of the jungle, usually no one comes around here. The only players who do come, are those who want to seek peace and try to complete the waterfall quest." Khrysaor did not know what to say, because the figure was a unknown to him and he was way out of the safe zone area. So, if a fight broke out and the figure was strong he would be a goner. Another part of his mind went to what the cloaked figure has said, and got a bit curious. Khrysaor decided the best course of action for now was to continue with some small talk before he tried to come up with a way out. Khrysaor replied, "Not much, just wanted to see the waterfall since I heard it from the distance, how about you? What are you doing around here, and what is this about the waterfall quest? The quest got my attention and I am wondering if you had any information on this quest."

Edited by Khrysaor

"This waterfall is actually called The Waterfall of the Sage. Sorry, but I can't tell you much, even I don't know much about it. The only things I know is that you have to sit on one of those rocks underneath the waterfall, and I think it would bring you to your own mindscape where you have to fight your inner demons but if you fail. Your mind is likely to fall apart, but I heard the actual rewards of completing it are not that great, so it is not such a great quest." said the figure. Khrysaor knew he had to take the unknown person's words with a grain of salt, not completely believing he said the whole truth. the figure then told him excitedly, "I have a much easier quest that you can try to accomplish, with no risk at all and best of all if you complete it you would get much better rewards than if you tried to do the waterfall quest. Do you want to give it a go?"

Alarm bells started to ring in Khrysaor's mind, and his gut feeling was telling him to try to escape through any means from the stranger, who hasn't even gave his name. But Khrysaor was still a bit curious on what the stranger was saying and ignored his gut feeling and asked, "My name is SilverBullet, and could you tell me more on the quest you were about to talk about?" Khrysaor knew this was a little test he gave to the mysterious stranger, and it would tell him if he should go with his gut feeling and try to get out of there or stick around and listen further. He specifically gave the figure a alias, but the guy did not need to know that, and then asked about the quest. Khrysaor knew if the guy did not give a name back even though he gave his fake name, he would listen to his gut and try to get out. The strange laughing replied, "Oh, sorry about that I forgot to give you my name, it is XlolersX, and the quest is pretty simple. It is a duel, the first person to get blood from there opponent wins, and if you win the quest rewards are 2000 Col, a weapon of your choice, armor and shield all made of gold. Also, to sweeten the deal all these equip-able items are perfect items. So, what do you say want to accept this quest, and if you fail, there are always chances to repeat the quest."

Khrysaor was drooling at the rewards he could get from such a simple challenge as to be the first one to cut their opponent, but at the same time he got goosebumps running down his body. There were many things wrong with the scenario, first, was even though he saw through my deception, he did give a name, but Khrysaor could not be sure if it was a real name or a fake one. The figure's avatar name also feels like it is mocking him, by laughing at him, and another thing is that the rewards are so great, and all for a simple one hit duel. Lastly, the reward that the prize will be a weapon made out of gold made Khrysaor feel like the cloaked stranger knew his real avatar name, but that couldn't be true, could it? Since, his avatar name does stand for golden sword and that is one sword Khrysaor is hoping to find and get in this game. The offer for a duel truly was tempting, but Khrysaor knew there were many things wrong with the situation. Khrysaor was thinking, 'Darn it, what should I do? The quest is to good to be true. Maybe, I should really just accept, it is after all only a duel, not a battle to the death, and if I fail, I could always get stronger and come back at a later date, and even go back into town to find more details on this quest from some of the locals.'

"Alright, XlolersX, I accept the terms of the duel," said Khrysaor, wishing with all his might that there was not any type of trap.

Edited by Khrysaor

"Great, I was hoping you were going to say that. Also, one more thing you can use the environment and its surroundings to your advantage, and use as many underhanded tricks you want. Usually a duel is fought honorably but I really feel like testing myself and this can be considered a simulation of a battle to death. I haven't had a good fight in a while. This is but only a simple duel, not like it will truly be death duel," said XlolersX exuberantly, except for the last sentence which was said in a more darker tone, and only muttered. Khrysaor nodded his agreement to the rules, but wondered what the stranger last sentence was about. Since, he could not hear it, but in the end did not care much and waited for the duel request to be sent. In the mean time, XlolersX was busy swiping and tapping his finger, and after he was done a window popped up in Khrysaor's face. It displayed,

First Blood Duel

Duel between XlolersX and SilverBullet

Objective:

The first one to cut the opponent and spill their blood wins.

Reward:

2000 Col.

Weapon of your choice, Armor, and Shield all made out of gold. Also all perfect items.

ACCEPT                           DECLINE

Khrysaor made sure to read through the notice carefully before accepting the terms of the duel. He wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with it and there were no underhanded schemes planned. After, he was satisfied, Khrysaor pressed down on the accept button, and the display popped away. A timer clock of 60 seconds was suddenly displayed. The only thing that was confusing was instead of the Player Name and HP of both parties displayed as per normal of duel conditions, a (?) appeared in place of the Player Name and HP number, and that happened to the both of them.

Khrysaor did not have the luxury to think on it much, he had to concentrate, more than half of the timer passed on by. He could not stop from dreading his decision already, it looked like there is something more to this challenge. He unsheathed his sword and got into a battle ready stance, while XlolersX - if that truly was his name - was already in position, not even indicating he noticed something amiss with the display. The air between both the warriors was tense, and the moment the timer hit 0, Khrysaor and the cloaked figure moved as one rushing towards each other.

???: Lvl: 6 | 24/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 7  | DMG 2 (1+1) | Bleed: 8

???: Lvl: ? | ??/?? HP | Energy ?/? | MIT: ?? | DMG: ?

Edited by Khrysaor

From the distance Khrysoar noticed the sword his opponent carried and it looked quite familiar, but he did not have time to admire the sword. His only objective was to win this duel and get out of here as quickly as possible. When he was a few meters away from the mysterious figure, Khrysaor brought his sword up to his face to block the attack his opponent was making towards the temple of his head. After, knocking his opponents sword away. He then brought his sword down upon the opponent's right shoulder, tearing apart of the fabric from the black cloak. "Yes, I did it. I won," muttered Khrysaor happily.

But that happiness, slowly morphed into confusion and then finally settled in shock when nothing happened. There was no pop-up congratulating him on his win concluding the duel. Khrysaor started to panic and looked at the figure whose laughter has slowly been building up from the moment Khrysaor striked him on the shoulder. Now it had become a full blown laughter, and the cloaked figure exclaimed, "You should see the look on your face, it's priceless. Well, lets get back to duel, we are fighting to the death after all, because that was what we agreed on. Right, KHRY-SA-OR." Speaking each syllable of his name clearly, indicating the cloaked figure knew his real name. Khrysaor did not know what to do and yelled at the cloaked figure, "What the hell is going on? Who are you really, and how has it become a death duel?" When the cloaked figure kept on chuckling, Khrysaor was losing his patience and yelled even louder, "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU? ANSWER ME, YOU COWARD. HIDING BEHIND THAT CLOAK OF YOURS. IF THIS DUEL HAS TRULY BECOME A MATCH TO THE DEATH, THEN YOU CERTAINLY SHOULD HAVE THE DECENCY TO FACE ME WITH YOUR TRUE FACE." The cloaked figure stopped laughing when he heard the word coward come out of Khrysaor's mouth, and calmly said, "Coward, you want to see my true face? Fine, have it your way. Lets see you face the truth and hope you do not get a heart attack."

The person slowly took the folds of his cloak in his hands, and quickly tore off the crimson-black cloak from his body. He said mockingly, "My true name is GEMINI, and I am you." Khrysaor felt his breath caught in his lungs as he looked at a mirror image of himself. Clad in all his armor and sword, that were identical to Khrysaor's very own equipment. Even Gemini's body shape was same. Khrysaor could not figure out how this was possible, while through it all Gemini had a big, cold smirk etched on his face and was laughing maniacally.

ID# 58446

BD: 6 | MD: 5

Total DMG done to Gemini = 1

Total DMG done to Khrysaor = 0

???->-> Khrysaor: Lvl: 6 | 24/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 7  | DMG 2 (1+1) | Bleed: 8

???: Lvl: ? | ??/?? HP | Energy ?/? | MIT: ?? | DMG: ?  ->->->  Gemini: Lvl: 6 | 23/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT.: 3 | DMG: 2 | x1 on all damage rolls

Edited by Khrysaor

"My true objective is to kill you and take your place. Then, no one will no it is not really you and I will use your face to trick others and kill them the same way that I am going to do to you." said Gemini. After he finished his sentence, Gemini went to the water and sprayed some onto a advancing Khrysaor's face. It stopped Khrysaor from running and he tried to bring his sword down on Gemini's face vut missed because he could not see. While, Gemini took advantage of Khrysaor's partial blindness and stabbed his sword through Khrysaor's defenses and into his gut. The attack brought Khrysaor down onto one knee.

ID# 58447

BD: 4  | MD: 9

Total DMG done to Gemini = 0

Total DMG done to Khrysaor = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword +1 for critical success = 3 but mitigation brings down DMG to 1

Khrysaor: Lvl: 6 | 23/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 7  | DMG 2 (1+1) | Bleed: 8

Gemini: Lvl: 6 | 23/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT.: 3 | DMG: 2 | x1 on all damage rolls

Edited by Khrysaor

"Yes, I like what I am seeing. Kneel before me, your master and I will bring about a quick painless death." laughed Gemini. Khrysaor saw red, and he got up and furiously tried to hit Gemini with his sword. But the Gemini either kept on deflecting his attacks or dodging them. Khrysaor tried to bring down his sword one last time and hard, but Gemini side stepped him. Making Khrysaor lose his balance and fall in to the lake of the waterfall. Gemini again took advantage when Khrysaor's back was facing him and slashed diagonally downwards across Khrysaor's back. Khrysaor had to bite back a scream.

ID# 58448

BD: 5  | MD: 9

Total DMG done to Khrysaor = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword +1 for critical success = 3 but mitigation brings down DMG to 1

Khrysaor: Lvl: 6 | 22/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 7  | DMG 2 (1+1) | Bleed: 8

Gemini: Lvl: 6 | 23/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT.: 3 | DMG: 2 | x1 on all damage rolls

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor was soaked with water from the lake and dripping wet, but for some reason the water was having a calming effect on him and his senses. 'Hmm, maybe that is why they call it the Waterfall of the Sage. The water seemed to have calmed me down somewhat.' thought Khrysaor. Khrysaor took another deep breath and turned around to face Gemini. Gemini looked on in wonder as Khrysaor looked at peace, he wondered how come Khrysaor is not furious. He knew this was not a good turn of events and if this continued he may lose, so Gemini swung his sword at Khrysaor, but Khrysaor kept on blocking the strikes. One attack did graze him on the face, but this turn Khrysaor decided he would not attack and just wait for the best opportunity to strike.

ID# 58449

BD: 1  | MD: 9

Khrysaor: Lvl: 6 | 21/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 7  | DMG 2 (1+1) | Bleed: 8

Edited by Khrysaor

Using his sword, Khrysaor deflected more of Gemini's attacks. At last, Khrysaor saw a opening that should do damage to Gemini, and brought his sword down on Gemini's uninjured shoulder, but at the same time Gemini also used the opportunity and reached out with sword to cut at Khrysaor's knee. The shockwave from the attacks blasted both of them apart, and Khrysaor landed further back into the lake while Gemini collided with a tree.

ID# 58450

BD: 7  | MD: 10

Total DMG done to Gemini = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword = 2 but mitigation brings down DMG to 1

Total DMG done to Khrysaor = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword + 2 for critical success = 4 but mitigation brings down DMG to 1

Khrysaor: Lvl: 6 | 20/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 7  | DMG 2 (1+1) | Bleed: 8

Gemini: Lvl: 6 | 22/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT.: 3 | DMG: 2 | x1 on all damage rolls

Edited by Khrysaor

The combatants have gained some distance between each other. 'Finally, I think it is time I use my very first sword and take this look-a-like down,' thought Khrysaor. While, Khrysaor stood still and concentrated, Gemini slowly got up and rushed at Khrysaor. He tried to slash Khrysaor horizontally. Khrysaor was able to block the initial part of the attack with his sword, but a part of Gemini's sword did slice across the side. His armor activated thorns, which inflicted extra damage to Gemini, winding him a bit. Khrysaor made sure to hang on and not collapse against the attack, and while Gemini was slowly getting his bearings after the attack. Khrysaor brought his sword down upon Gemini's unprotected head and activated his sword art Reaver. His sword started to shine a bright blue, and impacted against Gemini's skull, making him collapse.

ID# 58451

BD: 8  | MD: 6

Sword Art: Reaver - 1x1 - (1 Energy) = 1 DMG (Used By Khrysaor)

Total DMG done to Gemini = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword + 1 SA Reaver + 7 thorns= 10-3= 7 DMG

Total DMG done to Khrysaor = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword  = 2 but mitigation brings down DMG to 1

Khrysaor: Lvl: 6 | 19/24 HP | Energy: 5/6 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 7  | DMG 2 (1+1) | Bleed: 8

Gemini: Lvl: 6 | 15/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT.: 3 | DMG: 2 | x1 on all damage rolls

Edited by Khrysaor

"Come on, are you done already. I thought you wanted to kill me and take my place, but it does not look like that is going to happen. After all you are just a look-a-like and not the real deal like me. Now look whose on there knees and it's not just kneeling you are bowing before your better, and that is how it is supposed to be." taunted Khrysaor. Khrysaor hoped his taunting would have an effect on Gemini causing him to be irrational and make mistakes. Looks like the tables have turned into Khrysaor's favor.

Gemini did become furious but since he was in the water of the lake as well, it had the same effects of calming him down. Gemini took a moment to recollect his thoughts and came up with a plan that might turn the tables. He thought he should activate the same sword art Khrysaor did before, since it had such a devastating effect on him. Gemini place his right hand on the rocky floor of the lake, and twisted his body. This allowed for Gemini to rotate his leg and he used it to knock aside Khrysaor's legs from underneath him. Khrysaor struggled to gain back his footing, but could not before Gemini jumped up and activated the same sword art Reaver and aimed for Khrysaor's skull. Khrysaor was able to block most of the force of the sword art but still some broke off and slashed against his face.

This ultimately threw both Khrysaor and Gemini of their feet. Though Khrysaor was able to recover his footing first and knew what he had to do. He quickly slashed his sword aiming for his opponent's sword. It hit causing the weakening of Gemini's grip on the sword. Then Khrysaor positioned his sword vertically causing the hilt to point downwards and brought the hilt down hard upon Gemini's hand. Gemini could not help but let out a wince. Then Khrysaor brought the sword diagonally upwards and hit the sword with such force that it flew out of Gemini's hands. He brought his sword up again and activated his sword art Reaver again, bringing it down hard upon Gemini's scalp, where he started to bleed out profusely. Gemini was knocked further down and almost lost consciousness.

ID# 58452

BD: 9  | MD: 9

Sword Art: Reaver - 1x1 - (1 Energy) = 1 DMG (Used By Khrysaor)

Sword Art: Reaver - 1x1 - (1 Energy) = 1 DMG (Used by Gemini)

Activation of Bleed for this turn and the next doing 8 DMG to Gemini

Total DMG done to Gemini = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword + 1 SA Reaver + 8 Bleed + 1 Critical Hit = 12-3= 9 DMG

Total DMG done to Khrysaor = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword + 1 SA Reaver = 3 but mitigation brings down DMG to 1

Khrysaor: Lvl: 6 | 18/24 HP | Energy: 5/6 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 7  | DMG 2 (1+1) | Bleed: 8

Gemini: Lvl: 6 | 6/24 HP | Energy: 5/6 | MIT.: 3 | DMG: 2 | x1 on all damage rolls

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor thought he had a small chance to rest before he finished the fight, because he thought he got Gemini unconscious with the last attack, but little did he know Gemini was still awake. As Khrysaor turned his back to his enemy, Gemini waited for a moment to make sure he was doing alright. After, Gemini was ready, he made his move and jump kicked Khrysaor head first into the tree, knocking Khrysaor for a loop. Gemini turned around quickly looking for his sword. Gemini found it and turned around again to face the disoriented Khrysaor, and charged before Khrysaor could think straight. Gemini slashed with his sword as he approached Khrysaor right across the chest, doing some damage to Khrysaor, but in return thorns activated again and with the status effect of bleed depleted the rest of Gemini's HP. Gemini last remark was, "Guess you beat me, too bad I could not use your face for a long time, but it was fun. Goodbye, and do your best."  Gemini slowly started to disintegrate into different colored pixels, until there was nothing left of him. Khrysaor was still feeling kind of woozy so he did not fully comprehend what was happening with Gemini, and instead was knocked out.

ID# 58453

BD: 4 | MD: 7 | LD: 6 (For seeing the loot drop) = No loot dropped

Activation of Bleed last turn left doing 8 DMG to Gemini.

Activation of Thorn doing 7 additional DMG to Gemini this turn.

Total DMG done to Gemini = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword + 8 Bleed + 7 thorns = 17-3= 14 DMG

Total DMG done to Khrysaor = 1 base + 1 rank 1: Curved Sword = 2 but mitigation brings down DMG to 1

Khrysaor: Lvl: 6 | 17/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 7  | DMG 2 (1+1) | Bleed: 8

Gemini: Lvl: 6 | -8/24 HP | Energy: 6/6 | MIT.: 3 | DMG: 2 | x1 on all damage rolls = DEAD = +1 Material

End of fight LD:  ID# 58454 results:  Loot: 12. Reward will be <Concentration>.

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor's breathing evened out long ago, and now Khrysaor was sound asleep. He was startled awake as some water from the waterfall sprayed onto his face. All over his body felt sore, and he was wondering where he was and what he was doing sleeping in the middle of a jungle. It was already almost evening, since he could see the sun setting far in the distance. That's when the days events came back and he knew what he was doing. Khrysaor started to look around for Gemini but could not find him anywhere. Khrysaor did notice something strange happening to his menu.

His menu was flashing brightly, so, he tapped his menu button and saw the same flashing happening to his Skills menu. After tapping on that, he scrolled down the list of his skills until he came upon the last skill that was highlighted. It looks like he got a extra skill called concentration. Khrysaor was thinking, 'How the heck did I get this skill.' He then tapped the skill to bring out more details. It told him by defeating and killing the Gemini, he had been rewarded with the extra skill <Concentration>. Now flashes of small memories were coming back to him of how Gemini was slowly disintegrating away and his final words to him. Knowing he was out of danger for the time being eased him and he relaxed watching the sunset behind the waterfall. A rainbow had even formed, it was almost a sign of congratulating him on a well fought victory.

Soon after, the sun set, he knew he had to get moving and head into the safe zone. He did not want to stay long in the jungle especially since night will be falling soon. Khrysaor turned to look at the waterfall one last time, before he headed out through the path he cam by. His thoughts turned to what Gemini had spoken of and how there is a quest that can be done at The Waterfall of the Sage. His next quest may just be that, so he needed to find information on it, and he knew what his next goal shall be. But before that can happen he needs good rest for a few days, especially after such a life threatening battle. Before he went any further he thought he may as well finish the day by searching for some material that may come in handy. He took some tree branches and a window popped up asking him if he wanted to extract. He tapped the extract button and another window popped up congratulating him on finding a material.

ID# 58455

LD: 15

+1 Mat.

Total Material: 2 = 1 from loot + 1 from looking for material

Edited by Khrysaor

As he searched for more wood, for the extraction process, his thoughts turned to the batlle he fought earlier with Gemini. He thought he was a goner during the beginning of the fight, especially because Khrysaor thought the Bleed and Thorn effects that were on his weapon and armor also transferred over to Gemini's equipment as well, but that did not happen. Khrysaor really was saved, even though they were the exact same items, Gemini's were just vanity and that was what had saved him from certain death. Khrysaor found more branches and wood he cut up using his sword, and tapped the extract button. "Yes, extracted another material" muttered Khrysaor.

ID# 58456

LD: 20

+1 Mat

Total Material: 3 = 1 from loot + 2 from Mat extracting

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor slowly traveled back, trying to listen to any monster mobs that may come to attack. He was truly not fit to fight any monsters especially on Floor 8 yet. They would be pretty powerful and would be hard battle. As he walked slowly through the path he cut more branches, and until he felt he had enough he tried to extract again. Again, the extraction process was a complete success. Khrysaor thought he sure was lucky today, he did not expect to get so many Mat on his outing today.

ID# 58457

LD: 20

+1 Mat

Total Material: 4 = 1 from loot + 3 from Mat extracting

Edited by Khrysaor