Why not fist weapons? You know, brass knuckles, Bagh nakas, Deer Horn Knives, etc. (Here's a list of a bunch of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premodern_combat_weapons) Why aren't these an option? I mean, martial arts is, so could fist weapons be used in conjunction with them since its still technically relying on the hands? If not, then could it be a separate weapon skill set? Doesn't hurt to have it as an avenue and it's not on the list from what I've seen. Thoughts?

there are spears, martial arts, knives, axes and such.

That's because several players have shown to have such weapons (except martial arts?) in the anime and novels; Rosalia with a spear, Asuna with a knife, and Agil with an axe. You prove to me they've shown "brass knuckles" and other fist weapons, and we'll allow it. If you are unable to produce evidence (granted I believe I seen a guy attack Kirito with a Katar which is a bladed weapon) then it will not be tolerated.

Don't like that response, then you are free to host and start an RP as you see fit in the Fan Role-Play section.

I know that in the very first Sword Art: Progressive Novel the beta tester and informant Argo the Rat, who wrote much of the player guides available in Aincrad, was said to use claw type fist weapons. The novel specifically mentions that the kept them hung on her belt. (Sword Art: Progressive is the author of the Sword Art novel series rewriting much of the series, which became responsible for some of the early episodes as the first Progressive Novel covers Kirito and company taking on Ilfang)