[PP-F1] Hard Pot Cafe <<Secret Medicine of the Forest // COMPLETE >>

Kekoa was nervous. It had been 24 hours since he had posted his fliers in the Town of Beginnings merchant area. One NPC had even yelled at him for vandalizing his property when Kekoa attempted to nail in to an <<Immortal Object>>. He stood twiddling his thumbs as he waited for his party member to arrive. He had received a very simple message of response to his fliers; a plain "yes, I will help" from the user <<Nikodemus_Blackwood>>. The boy had never heard of the player before; at least, not from the information brokers' "Players-To-Know" list, which had at least one line about every relevant player in Aincrad. Kekoa was really nervous. He sat on a nearby bench and swiped his menu down. He tapped the "Bread" from his bag and held his palms open as it materialized in his hands. It was definitely plain but it gave him something to do instead of worrying. He bit the loaf of bread slowly, and in the same exact size every time. Onlookers probably would assume he was a little off his rocker, but in the moment, Kekoa would admit he was. Kekoa was really, really nervous.

He had hoped it wouldn't take too long, but considering he had arrived an entire half hour before their intended meeting time, it was sure to be a little wait. Kekoa didn't mind. He wished he could take the time to relax, but he knew better than to assume his brain could stop moving at a thousand miles per hour for just one second.

As he chewed, he remembered the face of the sick NPC who gave him the quest, programmed to always feel like he's in need of something to cure the general air of gloom in his village. It was a sad sight to see, but it was still impossibly impressive that they could process emotion damn near to what any player could feel. Kekoa was actually a little scared by it. He took a large bite of his bread.

This would be the longest thirty minutes of his life.

Edited by Kekoa

Having made his way from his shop on Floor 7, Nikodemus wandered about the first floor and whistled a disjaunted tune. He was as always equipped in his large black and rust colored armor. The helmet of his armor had a face plate that was shaped like a birds beak. A row of spikes encircles the top of the helmet. His shield sat on his back, and his large axe was hanging from his hip by a length of chain. A large black raven sat perched on his shoulder, it's azure eyes glowing. Coming to the meeting point, Nikodemus saw a young man sitting there. Checking about, Nikodemus determined him to be the man he sought. Approaching, Nikodemus took his helmet off, his brunette hair and beard flowing freely in the light breeze. Gazing at the young man with his icy blue eyes, Nikodemus gave a curt bow. "Guten Abend. I am Nikodemus. You can call me Niko or anything you choose. I am here to assist with a quest. Before we begin, I must let you know that I am quite insane. I shall not harm you or be troublesome. I can control the madness well. But I believe in full disclosure, and it has been occasionally a point of... Interest many wish to know up front."

If there were a profession for shitting your pants, Kekoa would have just mastered it with perfect craftsmanship. He stood staring up at the towering expanse of metal, his mouth slightly agape before it moved to remove its bird-like armor. That large metallic man had swallowed a man!-- no-- this was clearly the man Kekoa was supposed to be meeting, but the boy couldn't bring himself to stand or issue any form of greeting. Instead he just stared at the handsome, but terrifying man. Kekoa was only half-listening to the man speak, as he was still amazed at the man's attire and general appearance. He looked.. imperial. And everything about him screamed power. Even the crow familiar perched on his shoulder, despite being a lowly creature, emanated threat. If Kekoa hadn't enlisted this man's help, he would be scared to be around him; but instead, knowing they are soon to be on the same team, Kekoa felt a sudden boost of confidence. No evil weeds would kill him. He stood to bow quickly. "Y-Yes, nice to meet you," Kekoa stammered. He took a deep breath and centered himself. A huge smile popped on his face, his usual personality returning. "Nice to meet you!" He repeated. He caught the man's warning of being "troublesome," but Kekoa trusted the man when he explained that he would be of no harm to the teen. He giggled. "Niko.." Kekoa trailed off, clearly pondering something for a moment before letting out a breathy "Aha!" He had to tilt his head up to look the man in his (albeit, piercingly blue) eyes. There was an unoticable heat rising in the shorter's cheeks. "Nuiko is what I'll call you," he informed politely with a nod. "It means 'Big Nik' where I'm from," Kekoa smiled genuinely, hoping the man wouldn't mind the name. He had just said something about not caring, anyways, so it wasn't a big deal; Kekoa just loved nicknames.

"So," Chapel cleared his throat, "As you already know, we'll be taking on the <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> quest. We'll have to travel to the forest to tame some crazy plants. You are probably already aware that I am a low level player, so I suggest you lead and I offer minimal damaging support from behind if necessary. I hate to put you in that position but-- well-- we're all afraid of dying, I suppose." Chapel was speaking with an entirely different tone; that is, one that showed he had actual intelligence. It seems he isn't as silly as he initially lets on.

With a nod, Nikodemus smiled once more and then took a small book from a pouch he carried. Opening it to one of the first pages, he read the information through once silently, then a second time mumbling bits. "Hmm... Searching for medicine, Sick village. Large creatures. Rare variety of one. Yes yes. I remember now. I was still quite mad when I did this quest... But the details are coming back to me. It is simple. We just have to kill these large plant creatures called <<Nepents>> then a rare vairent will spawn. once it dies, there is a random chance for the beast to drop an item called <<Nepent Ovule>> which the village will use as medicine. Simple enough. I will take point and be a tank. I sadly do not have Howl, so I cannot generate hate aside from attacking first. When I do, I will generate a small bit of aggro, then when you attack, the beast will target me. You will generate hate after that, but we will be even so the beast will then target the attacker. I have a decent AoE attack that can clear then out well, so we shouldn't have much to worry about. Just let me do the first hits so you don't take to much damage. I have some health potions incase you get hurt, and the <<Nepent's>> don't hit too hard if I recall... But to be safe I want you to still swing second no matter what. That should be a good way to clear this simple quest. When you are ready, we will head out."

With that, Nikodemus slid the large ornate helmet back on and sealed it in place. Turning, he began to make his way to the gate of the town. The large jet black raven cawed occasionally, it's burning azure eyes darting about. As he approached the gate, Nikodmeus slid his shield from his back with his left hand. His right unhooked the large axe from the bit of chain it hung from and got it ready for use.

Stats:

Spoiler

Nikodemus: Lvl: 22 | 88/88 HP | Energy: 22/22 | MIT: 47 (7+13+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 5 (1+1+3)

Weapons/Armor:

Plague Knight's Battle Axe: One handed Axe. +1 dmg, +1 BD, Bleed: 8 DMG on BD of 9-10 for 2 turns  

Plague Knight Armor: Heavy Armor. +9 Mitigation +7 Thorns, Regen +9HP

Scales of the Dragon God: +18 Mitigation +7 Thorns

Inventory:

4 Uncommon Tier 1 Health Potions: Heals 10 HP.

2 Uncommon Tier 1 Health Potions: Heals 20 HP.

Kekoa's eyes were gleaming with adoration for the man. He knew so much about battle strategy and the like; Kekoa was reminded just how much of a beginner he truly is. He was nodding subtly at every thing Nuiko said. The man was the true embodiment of a "knight in shining armor," which Kekoa giggled at in his head. Kekoa swallowed thickly at the mention of the bosses they would be facing. He had assured himself a moment ago that he wouldn't be defeated by such creatures, but imagining in his head the things, he couldn't help but feel nerves grow inside his stomach. He still smiled brightly as he listened. He didn't want to show any kind of weakness in the face of such a strong stranger. That would be not only annoying, but also stupid; considering how many betrayals have already happened to other players, resulting in terrible deaths, it wouldn't be smart to show any kind of hesitation or weakness. Although, Kekoa knew if this man did go insane and decided to murder him (just a thought-- not a real fear), he would have no chance.

They soon had made their way to the gate, where he watched the man prepare himself for combat. Kekoa followed suit, equipping his <<One-Handed Assault Spear>>, much less impressive equipment than his party leader's. He sighed to himself and smiled at his own weakness. "You'll do fine." Kekoa remembered his friends' reassuring words as he nodded at Nuiko to head forward. With that, Chapel left the safety of the Town of Beginnings.

Spoiler

KEKOA // LVL: 1 // 4/4 HP // ENERGY: 1 // MIT: 0 // THORNS: 0 // DMG: 2 (1+1)

---

WEAPONS/ARMOR:

<<ONE-HANDED ASSAULT SPEAR>> (+1 DMG)

---

INVENTORY:

<<EMPTY>>

As the duo finished equipping at the gate, Nikodemus stepped his large frame through the safezone barrier and began heading in the direction of the forest where the quest would mainly take place. As he walked, he leaned his head slightly to the left and began speaking to the large raven on his shoulder. "Take flight Typhus. High where you cannot be reached. Watch the land for us, and report if you find the <<Nepents>> nest." The bird seemed to listen and comprehend with an intelligence of a human, it's burning azure eyes darting around and it's head quirking to the side occasionally. With the commands finished, he whistled once and the large raven flapped it's wings and took flight and climbed to a high altitude where nothing would reach it.

Following the bird, Nikodemus looked about for any mobs and kept his axe firmly gripped in his hand and ready for battle. The large ornate axe gleamed as the sun hit it's blade, and it had a slightly sinister look to it. Moving down the path, Nikodemus was calm and collected, his mind focused on the battle coming up. His shield lightly scraped against his armor with each step, rasping as if it breathed with a life of it's own. Scanning about, the armored giant seemed to move as if on a war path.

Kekoa was tentatively progressing behind the man. He trusted he knew how to handle the quest, and didn't speak so that hopefully he could focus better. Nuiko soon sent his crow partner to search the area for the dungeon. Kekoa had forgotten that it actually took time to find a dungeon as well. It both relieved and worried him at the same time. He wanted to be relieved that he would have some more time to gather his thoughts before having to face actual monsters, but it bothered him that he wasn't able to truly help find the dungeon. Afterall, he didn't know exactly what to look for (he could guess based off other MMO's but this one has proven to a little different thus far) and he didn't have any kind of advanced searching skill that could find it quicker. Instead, he just sat back like he was supposed to, waiting for Nuiko to make the official move forward. He was still as impressive as ever, looming above Kekoa as a huge tower of metal. He seemed impenetrable, but Kekoa wouldn't allow himself that thinking; anyone can die in this game, even at the least expected of times. 

Moving along, Nikodemus kept his guard up and watched the large raven in the sky. It floated along on the breeze and circled occasionally, then moved on. With a grumble, Nikodemus wondered if they would have to venture deep into the forest. He had a hope they wouldn't need to, as the last time he had done this the <<Nepents>> had been relatively close to the settlement. Yet it was seeming that the duo would have to. Looking back to Kekoa, Nikodemus cleared his throat. "We may have to go a bit deeper into the forest here. I am not to happy about that, but needs must when the devil drives right? Keep close and be vigilant. <<Nepents>> blend to well with the trees that further in. Hopefully Typhus will find something before them."

ID# 60151 results:

Loot: 2

Nothing found.

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Kekoa was watching the raven circling the skies above, it's bright blue features still so visible, even against the blue of the Aincrad sky. Again, Kekoa felt himself slipping in to an admiration for the game. The insane ability to capture life's beauty and emulate it in graphic design is already impressive enough, but to see it as if it's real; smell it, taste it, feel it... Kekoa could not help but be impressed. The knight's warning tore him away from his thoughts. He glanced back down at the other player and woods in front of them. It was a seemingly calm day, the artificial wind making the tree leaves whisper hushed secrets to the branches, who in turn scratched and itched to keep it quiet. The teen walked over to a tree and placed a hand on the dark wood. He dragged his hand down it slowly, breathing in its natural scent and closing his eyes. "This place is amazing," Kekoa spoke as if he had already regretted what he said. It was irritating to still find such child-like wonder in a place that was literally holding him prisoner. Everything in this world, more or less, was created to destroy him, and yet he still found himself smiling at the detailed carvings of swords and monster claws in the bark. "We're probably close, anyway... right?" Kekoa was trying more to reassure himself than ask a question. He was hoping he hadn't dragged this man along just to find nothing. "I don't mind going deeper," Kekoa nodded, and then turned red as a tomato-- no-- redder. He giggled quietly to himself at how naughty that sentence could be if taken out of context. He truly is a teenage boy.

Edited by Kekoa

Looking back to Kekoa, Nikodemus pondered the question for a moment before answering. "We are close to where the normal <<Nepents>> followed me and have been spotted. Last time I was through here, I caught a glimpse of 3 or 4 of them in the tree line off this path. To one who hasn't dealt with them before, or someone without any search and detect, they can be sneaky and will mimic a tree until their prey has passed them. After that, the beasts will attempt to strike with vine like limbs. The best way I spot them is that their colorations are darker than bark. If you look close, the bark on the tree is a nice tan wood color on the younger trees and a medium chocolate shade on the older ones. But Nepents have a Dark Taupe, almost black color to their bark." Scanning about, Nikodemus kept his eyes open and watched the bird above him circle once more and then continue one. Grumbling, he wondered if the vile things had been farmed from this part of the forest. "Deeper it is. We'll head further along this path then cut down and through the tree line to a little used one. Just keep following."

Kekoa noted Nuiko's tip, glancing around at the trees for any abnormalities. After realizing there weren't any, he pressed on behind the tank. Another hundred feet deeper in to the forest and Kekoa was beginning to worry if they had come at a bad time. Perhaps the <<Nepents>> had all been farmed by another party just before they arrived. He wasn't really sure how the whole respawn process worked but he was sure it isn't always quick. Another two hundred feet deeper in to the forest plus pure silence made Kekoa begin to feel even more uneasy. He decided making small conversation would maybe help lighten the mood. After all, the two were still strangers. It wasn't like grown men really went about making conversation with teenage boys (unless they had an agenda of their own) anyways, so Kekoa wasn't surprised the man didn't make any attempt to chat up about hobbies and the like. If he did, though, he would know Chapel is a mean cook in the real wo--

Suddenly, Kekoa felt a slimy goo splatter against the back of his neck, and a greyish-purple tentacle slither around his chest. His entire body was suddenly shot through with a rush of intense fear. <<WARNING>> flashed in big red letters across his vision, alerting him of the enemy within striking distance. The humid breath of a <<Nepent>> warmed the back of his skull, and he choked on a scream as he glanced back and caught sight of the hideous monster. They're a little shorter than Kekoa himself, but while stuck blending with a shadowy tree, it was at eye level with the teen player. Except, Kekoa's wide eyes were not met by eyes, but by one hideously wide smile. All teeth and goo and tentacles and awful smell, Kekoa wanted to be as far away as possible. 'Why hadn't Nuiko triggered a response to the mob?' He thought as he stumbled back in terror. If this were a higher level, Kekoa would be dead.The monster would have struck and killed him. The scream stuck in his throat finally erupted forth when the heinous thing lurched forward off the tree. To see the disgusting thing move was horrifying to Kekoa, even though this was probably nothing impressive to any other leveler. He fell back on his ass and scooted back until he was behind the suit of armor. "Nuiko!" Kekoa grasped at the man's leg. "Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!"

The <<Nepent>> smiled stupidly at the two, not even moving or posing any real threat at the moment. Another one slithered from behind a tree to join its slimy friend.

---

<<Nepent>> 7/7 HP | DMG: 3 | MIT: 2

<<Nepent>> 7/7 HP | DMG: 3 | MIT: 2

Spoiler

KEKOA // LVL: 1 // 4/4 HP // ENERGY: 1/1 // MIT: 0 // THORNS: 0 // DMG: 2 (1+1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NIKODEMUS // LVL: 22 // 88/88 HP // ENERGY: 22/22 // MIT: 47 // THORNS: 14 (7+7) // DMG: 5 (1+1+3)

Edited by Kekoa

((OOC: Sorry for taking so long. I was eating and also trying to get my head around this new quest Ariel posted today.))

Seeing Kekoa get grabbed by a <<Nepent>> Nikodemus cursed. The creature had blended well within the shade of a larger oak tree, it's bark and the <<Nepents>> skin being almost the same color. Nikodemus could have easily mistaken the vile beast for a sapling growing nearest it's parent. As he prepared his axe, a second <<Nepent>> appeared nearby the first and both were closing in on Kekoa, aiming to make him a part of their not so balanced breakfast. Hearing the young man scream for him, Nikodemus spat a vile curse and allowed the dark thoughts of his madness to grab his mind. The large jet black raven above the duo cawed as if it's voice harkened the death knell for the twin monstrosities. Leaping into the air as high as the trees around them, Nikodemus came crashing down with all his weight and might behind his axe. The black blade began to glow a sickly emerald green color, wisps of smoke floating past the armored giant as he came soaring down.

With a mighty swing of his axe, Nikodemus activated the Sword Art he had been charging. As the emerald energy of <<Crescent Thrush>> spread from his blades magnificent slashing arc, it traveled quickly through the still air and crashed into the twin <<Nepents>> bodies, severing limbs in it's arc. As the two monstrous plants wobbled on legless trunks, they waved their severed arms about feebly and then fell back. Crashing into the ground, they both burst into multi-hued pixels and vanished from sight. Landing in the midst where the two beasts had been, his weight and armor causing the ground to crack and shake, Nikodemus caught the youth before he hit the ground and placed him upright on his two legs.

ID# 60205 results:

Battle: 10 Crit. +2 dmg

Craft: 3

Loot: 14

MOB: 1 Miss

Sword Art: Crescent thrush - AoE -  1x2 - (4 Energy) 

My DMG: 5 + 2 = 7 x 1 x 2 = 14 - 2 = 12 DMG

KEKOA // LVL: 1 // 4/4 HP // ENERGY: 1/1 // MIT: 0 // THORNS: 0 // DMG: 2 (1+1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NIKODEMUS // LVL: 22 // 88/88 HP // ENERGY: 18/22 // MIT: 47 // THORNS: 14 (7+7) // DMG: 5 (1+1+3)

<<Nepent>> 7/7 HP | DMG: 3 | MIT: 2 DED

<<Nepent>> 7/7 HP | DMG: 3 | MIT: 2 DED

Kekoa would be a complete liar if he said he saw anything that happened. From the time he grabbed Nikodemus to the time the man defeated the easy monsters in one simple attack, the boy's eyes were shut. He only opened back his eyes when he felt the ground splinter beneath him, and he began to slip and tumble. Before he could, however, Nuiko was suddenly there, cradling him for just a second so he could place him down on his own two feet. But for that split second, time slowed down tremendously, and Chapel could see every scratch in the armor; every painted detail; every dent where the man had received blows that made him worry for his life, Chapel was sure; every part of metal that covered a true hero beneath it. Kekoa's eyes gleamed. It took him another second to realize the moment had passed and that he was now standing on his own two feet again. His own two useless feet. The reality of the situation hit him. "I'm just in the way," Kekoa muttered. He rolled his eyes at himself, slamming his face in his palms. He's not one to dwell on the negative, but how could he not be upset when his first reaction to danger was the absolute opposite of how he perceived himself. Kekoa felt like crying, but he definitely wouldn't. Not in front of Nuiko. Instead, he just stood for a moment, face in palm, wondering if he really had a place in this game. In reality, Kekoa is good at video games. Video games. The game he found himself trapped in is far from what anyone would call a video game. He sighed loudly. He was exhausted for no reason. It's not like he had contributed any to battle.

"I promise I'm not this annoying, Nuiko... I.." Kekoa raised his head from in his palms, "I won't let that happen again." Kekoa secured the promise with a stern nod to the man. "I'm not just trying to take advantage of your higher level-- I-- erm-- I really do want to help. It may seem silly seeing that lame display just now, but I want to join the frontlines one day. I'm not trying to play around with anyone's life. I'm going to get better, I swear." Kekoa didn't know where the sudden need of approval from the man came from (or the dramatic monologue), but he most certainly meant every word he stuttered out. He didn't want to be another one of those "civil warriors" (as Kekoa titled them) who stay on the lower floors and just team up with higher level players to get some easy Col or resources to survive. Kekoa was not only going to survive, but thrive, and protect. It always seemed cheesy when he thought about it in his head, and even cheesier when he said it out loud, but it was the one goal making him feel sane in this game.

Spoiler

NIKODEMUS // LVL: 22 // 88/88 HP // ENERGY: 18/22 // MIT: 47 // THORNS: 14 (7+7) // DMG: 5 (1+1+3)

OOC: SORRY ABOUT THIS SUPER LATE REPLY LIFE STUFF WAS GOING ON!!!! I SHOULD BE REPLYING LIKE NORMAL AGAIN!! in this post, we see teen boy have extreme admiration for burly knight dude lmao

Hearing the young man mutter about being useless, Nikodemus stood up t his full height. Listening to him speak about becoming better and helping, Nikodemus couldn't help but smile. Reaching up with both hands, he unsealed and removed his helmet, then hooked it to a small loop on the left side of his belt. His brunette hair and beard both shined in the sun, reflecting the streaks of blonde and premature grey. A smiled was spread across his rounded face and his ice blue eyes had a slight softness to them. Putting a heavy mailed hand on Chapel's shoulder, Nikodemus cleared his throat and spoke softly. "You are not useless. You are far from it. I was once in the same place you are. I had to take the steps down the same road. It is nothing to be ashamed about. I almost died the first time I walked out of the safezone. Had a young man named Nixon not been with me and protected me, I'd have died. I was a coward and spent the first two years of this death game hiding in the safezone. Do not beat yourself up. Trust me, this game will do it's hardest to do that for you. It does take time. Just take it one step at a time and keep yourself safe. Then you will be on that frontline, and I will be more than happy to stand with you there, an I live that long."

Kekoa smiled brightly at the man's uplifting words. He jumped forward, not really worrying about whether or not Nuiko is a hug person, because Kekoa sure as hell is. He hugged the huge breastplate of armor as well as he could, pressing his cheek against the battle-warm metal. All his pearly whites were shining up at Nuiko as he did so. "Thank you, Nuiko! I'll be sure to live that long so we can fight together on the frontlines!" Kekoa reassured himself again. The beams of light that fell through the forest trees really highlighted Nikodemus' features. He had to be in his mid 30's-- at least-- Kekoa realized as he studied the man's slightly-graying beard. He also noticed Nuiko is a lot more handsome and a lot less scary when he smiles. Kekoa blushed lightly and stepped away. "Excuse me," Kekoa bowed, apologizing for hugging the man without warning. "You're just the first person to be this nice to me in here without wanting something in return," Kekoa sighed. But after just a second he raised his head and giggled, lifting his spear in the air and letting out a loud battle cry. "Let's get this quest done, yeah?" Kekoa winked and stuck out his tongue, a signature emote of his when he plays MMORPGs.

It's his silly way of showing he's ready for battle. 

Becoming wrapped in the young mans hug, Nikodemus quirked his head and smiled again. Patting the young man on the head, Nikodemus then nodded at Chapel's comment about fighting on the frontlines. "No need to apologize. I am not like others. I know that for us to escape this verdammt game, we need as many people as we can to survive. I saw so much death and loss the first few months of being trapped here, my mind snapped like a wooden stick. I lost myself and did nothing but remain in the Town of Beginning, mad and useless. After so long, I finally put some of myself back together, and then began to get stronger. In doing so, I realized the error and folly in many people, and realized it was time for change. So, I dedicated myself to helping others. I refuse to leave anyone without help, and will do everything i can to make sure we all leave this game..." Slipping his helmet back on and sealing it once more in place, Nikodemus nodded to Chapel's readiness and raised his axe. "Yes. let us finish this."

Nikodemus' words did stick with Kekoa. He felt strong, being with such a confident man. He felt bad that Nuiko had to experience something like that but in the end it seemed he came out a better man for it. Maybe tribulation truly was the determiner of true strength. Kekoa was scared to discover his true strength if that were the case, but the prospect excited him. He marched on with a newfound confidence that couldn't be rivaled at the moment. Not even by the two new <<Nepents>> that slithered off a tree nearby. They hissed and spat gooey substance as they neared the duo. This time, Kekoa shifted to a battle ready stance as he jumped back to stand by Nuiko. "Three o'clock," Chapel informed with an even tone. He knew he probably wouldn't have to take action with the tank by his side, but he still felt exhilarated to be "a part" of combat. The two <<Nepents>> waited patiently for their new targets to make a move. Kekoa swallowed the lump in his throat and held his ground.

---

<<Nepent>> 7/7 HP | DMG: 3 | MIT: 2

<<Nepent>> 7/7 HP | DMG: 3 | MIT: 2

Spoiler

NIKODEMUS // LVL: 22 // 88/88 HP // ENERGY: 20/22 (+2 from recovery right?) // MIT: 47 // THORNS: 14 (7+7) // DMG: 5 (1+1+3)

Seeing the twin <<Nepents>> Chapel called out, Nikodemus turned his gaze to them and brought his axe up. These two were not the variant they sought. With a sigh, Nikodemus put a hand on Chapel's shoulder and spoke. "I am going to clean these two up quickly. They are agitated and will be doing their best to kill us now. Once you kill any of these filthy beasts, they become quite mean." With that, Nikodemus took his axe once more and charged his Sword Art <Crescent Thrush> once more. Taking his time, Nikodemus walked forward with the glowing weapon in hand. The twin <<Nepents>> saw their doom stalking to them in the guise of an armored giant and began to flail their limbs about. Each of the vine like appendages smashed into Nikodemus in futile attempts to slay the man. Each hit would have been devastating if not for his armor absorbing all of the damage. Only twice did the <<Nepents>> manage to inflict the smallest scratch of damage on him.

Reaching them, Nikodemus brought his axe around in a deadly arc, releasing the built up energy and splitting both <<Nepents>> in twain. The tops of their bodies tumbled from their trunks and landed with a loud thud, then burst into pixels. After a moment, nothing remained of the twin <<Nepents>>, nor any sign they had existed. Looking around, Nikodemus knew they would be close to the <<Variant>> nest. He prayed they were and that luck was on their side.

ID# 60526 results:

Battle: 4 + 1(weapon) + 1(Concentration) = 6

Craft: 6

Loot: 18

MOB: 10 Crit. +2 dmg.

Sword Art: Crescent thrush - AoE -  1x2 - (4 Energy) 

My DMG: 5 x 1 x 2 = 10

Nepents: 3 + 2 = 5 - 45 = 0 + 1 = 1 x 2 = 2.

NIKODEMUS // LVL: 22 // 86/88 HP // ENERGY: 16/22 // MIT: 47 // THORNS: 14 (7+7) // DMG: 5 (1+1+3)

Seeing Nuiko keep walking towards the creatures, even as they lashed out and hit them with everything they had was absolutely terrifying. But, obviously, it was amazing at the same time. It was more than impressive, and Kekoa cheered the man on as he easily slayed the second batch of <<Nepents>>. They splashed grossly into themselves before shattering away. Kekoa let out a "woo hoo!" for Nuiko as the monsters disappeared. There wasn't much time to celebrate, though, as there was a sudden of snapping of branches coming from behind him. Kekoa spun around and his eyes widened. "Ah.." Kekoa choked, his mouth hanging wide open. The <<Nepent Variant>> stood before Kekoa, just barely taller with the flower blooming from the top of its head. Kekoa smirked. "I imagined you'd be scarier." He smoke confidently, masking his fear. This one was said to be stronger than the others, but he knew it wasn't stronger than the two together. "Nuiko!" He called, nodding towards the creatures' mother.

---

<<Nepent Variant>> 15/15 HP | DMG: 2 | MIT: 5

Spoiler

NIKODEMUS // LVL: 22 // 86/88 HP // ENERGY: 16/22 // MIT: 47 // THORNS: 14 (7+7) // DMG: 5 (1+1+3)

((OOC: On your turn, if the MD is greater than 6, it will do damage to me only as I have more Hate than you will. If the MD is a 10, then it will pass through my armor's mitigation and deal full damage to me like it just did. If it is less than 10, it will only deal 1 DMG to me.))

Turning to see the <<Nepent Variant>> standing before Chapel, Nikodemus picked up a stone from the ground and tossed it at the beast. Landing squarely in what would have been a human's forehead, the rock thumped hard, leaving a nice lump in the bark-like flesh. Having hit, and angered the <<Nepent Variant>>, it moved past Chapel no longer seeing him and charged for Nikodemus. Smiling, he knew now was the time to change up his tactic. As the Nepent got close, he brought his axe forward and smashed the beast in the side of it's odd head, scoring a nice gash in it. He put the minimal amount of energy he needed into the hit, doing just enough damage it keep the beasts aggro on him. As he began to draw his blade back, the <<Variant>> brought it's vine-like limb forward and slammed it into the center of Nikodemus chest, knocking him back a few steps. Grunting, Nikodemus looked down and saw the limb had punched a nice hole in his armor and burying the bark-like appendage into his skin an inch.

ID# 60532 results:

Battle: 10 crit +2

Craft: 6

Loot: 5

MOB: 10 Crit +2. Ignores MIT.

My DMG: 5 + 2 = 7 - 5 = 2 DMG

<<Variant>>: 2 + 2 = 4 DMG

[H:0]KEKOA // LVL: 1 // 4/4 HP // ENERGY: 1/1 // MIT: 0 // THORNS: 0 // DMG: 2 (1+1)

[H:2]NIKODEMUS // LVL: 22 // 77/88 HP // ENERGY: 16/22 // MIT: 47 // THORNS: 14 (7+7) // DMG: 5 (1+1+3)

<<Nepent Variant>> 13/15 HP | DMG: 2 | MIT: 5