[PP-F1-NK]-The Drunken Swordman (Talo)

*Please note this is just some random tavern I am writing not some cannon place*

The Drunken Swordsman is a tavern on the first floor on Aincrad. Its outside matches the general look of the city, with its red tile ceiling and stone brick walls. However, the inside of the building is much different from the general store look you get from the outside. The inside of the Drunken Swordsman is much like a melting pot for all level characters and guilds. The tavern is about the size of an average Inn but is filled with tables and a bar instead of rooms for guests and travelers. Inside the tavern one would hear one of many of the musicians that play in the tavern and the murmurs of about the dozen or so players and NPCs. There were a few clearly high level players in one corner and a few clearly first level characters at the other side of the tavern. Other than those to extremes though there appeared to be quite the mix of characters’ level in the tavern.

Beoreson who was sitting at the bar was wearing his armor and had his sword strapped to his side. The raven haired man was nursing a glass of sort of brew and was clearly by himself as he was only glancing over to the door to give anyone who entered a friendly wave before returning to his drink and thoughts. "I wonder what kind of people, I'll meet today. Does me good to see all of the new players with their wonder at the game still.", Thinks the black clad warrior. With that thought in mind he gives a wave as another few people trickle in and out of the tavern.

Edited by Beoreson

Talo never really entered a Tavern really. Hi is 17, but this was a game that had not many laws. So, with that in mind, Talo decided to enter the bar. He hopped mostly that this would be a good time, eve though his voice has been getting to him. Talo entered and was smack in the face with the smell of alcohol, sweat, and just other regular Tavern smells, or what he thinks are normal smells from a tavern. He walked in and sat a bar stool, not really knowing what he should be doing. Talo studied the architecture, something he likes to do when he is awkwardly just in an area. Talo's attention was drawn to a man waving at his general direction, in the process with other people. Talo raised his hand and waved back to the man. Well, maybe a new friend?

The black clade warrior pays for his tab and then stands up. He gives a smile and walks over in a friendly manner. The man is clearly not wanting to be seen as an enemy as he  keeps his hand away from his sword."The structures appears to be of a classical design, won't you say?", motions the man as he notices the man studying the walls and ceiling.   "Hello, I'm Beoreson of Knights of the Blood Oath.", states the man as he offers his hand to the new player. He takes a seat and orders a brew from the NPC. "Care for  a drink?", asks Beoreson.

Edited by Beoreson

Talo was approached by the man, a Knight of the Blood Oath member, and named Beoreson. "Sure, I could use a drink. I have no idea what to have, so you can choose for me." Talo said and smiled at the NPC brewer who went right to making his order. "I'm Talo by the way." He said and took the man's hand in his. I wonder why he approached me, wait did I answer his architecture question? Oh good me. "And referring to the building, I know nexts to nothing about buildings. But it seems nice here, not particularly my taste, but nice and classic like you said." Talo smiled and saw the NPC had not come back with their drinks. "Well, to make some small talk while we wait for our drinks, what are you doing on a first floor tavern?"

"I'm taking leave before continuing on to grind out some levels. I'm going to get back onto the front lines eventually, but fell out of the loop when a buddy of mine died.", says the man in answer to his question. The barkeep comes over and drops off a darker beer and a light beer. Beoreson takes the darker of the two and states, "Don't worry to much, the drink doesn't have much of an effect unless you drink strong ones or in excess." The warrior takes a drag from his mug and thinks for a quick moment. "So, why are you still on the first floor?", he asks.

"Oh, apologies probably get annoying, but I am sorry for your lose, I am lucky to not have to really experience that yet." Talo said with a sad look on his face, just then the NPC came around with their drinks. Talo reached and picked up the light beer that was ordered for him. Talo took a tentative drink of the drink, and coughed lightly, alcohol not something he really has had. "Sorry, new drinker." Talo said with a sigh, setting the cup down. Beoreson asked why he is still down here and Talo looked at himself. "I don't think I am good leveling material just yet, maybe in the next couple weeks, trying to get back out there, but for now it is the First Floor for me." Talo finished and took another sip, it going down only a little bit easier. "So, Beoreson, considering people talk at a Tavern, tell me something about yourself." Talo said and the alcohol helping his voice not sound as weird.

The warrior noted to himself that Talo's voice wasn't matching his body type but nodded to the man's comment. He takes a swig from his mug and takes a breath tying to remember what he did before. "I was a JROTC cadet in the US before getting stuck here in Aincrad. I was a computer science major.... ", says the black clad warrior. He continues after giving up on trying to remember what he was doing before, "I was in the Crimson Blades before it was jointed to the knights and am known as Beoreson: Black Ops mostly for the way I dress not my fighting style." With his little self-introduction done the warrior says, "So, what tales of the old world do you have? I have a few more but would like to get to know you as well."

Talo nodded along with the man, him talking about his military and computer skills before the game sucked them both, and everyone else along with it, into the world. "Oh yeah, I heard about the guild merging." Talo commented after Beoreson commented on him being apart of the guilds. The man asked Talo about himself, and he had to think for a little bit. "Well, I was born with Brain Damage," He paused and smiled a bit,"Sorry, that always surprises people, The only thing affected was my hearing, 50% was gone when I was first born," Talo paused slightly then continued." Age 6, everything completely gone in both ears. I was 17 when I joined this game, and was permanently deaf for 11 years. Learned to sign, speak, and read lips pretty normally. Joined this game. Then BAM hearing is back. You may notice my voice, I haven't been able to hear it for 11 years, so my voice needs time to slowly adjust." Talo nodded, feeling a little weird for saying so much. He took a sip of his drink and looked up at Beoreson. "Sorry, long speech about me going deaf. There really isn't much about me to know."

He has a slightly surprised face when he is told that Talo was deaf for so long. "Then just coming in here must still be cool, huh?", asks the warrior as he takes another drag from his mug. "Don't worry about that long speech we have had to do over five minute self introduction so, I can sit for a while", jokes the man as he takes another swig. "Another fun fact about me is that I only use a one hander and am a blacksmith.", says the man. "So, what else do you want to talk about? I have a few stories and know quite a bit about the next few floors." , asks the man.

Edited by Beoreson

"It is cool, my first few days were so overwhelming, I was even yelling and talking to myself." Talo laughed and sipped his drink, still new to the whole alcohol. "And I still remember every sign, and catch myself reading peoples lips, it is a lot to get used to." Beoreson joked about introductions and Talo laughed again. Talo perked up about him being a blacksmith, Talo wanting to get into the profession of tailoring. "I want to be a tailor myself, and it would be could to hear about the higher floors, know next to nothing about them." Talo said, then tried to think of some good things to say about himself. "Some fun facts of me, I am also a one handed weapon user. Favorite colour is turquoise. And I'm Bi-sexual." Talo blushed lightly at the last comment, alcohol making him a little more free tongued.

*If you want some ideas message me, or I would have like three pages of text.*

"Ah, cool to hear about another tailor coming around, most of the current people don't sell their wares to the general public or just aren't making anything.", says the man about the man's comment on his profession. The man cracks a grin about the man's sexuality, "Don't worry, about that this game is pretty much a melting pot of everything. I'm sure you will be able to find any sort of relation ship here."  He then begins to talk about the next few floors, the majority of it being basic information but then he decides to point out a few fun spots. "On, floor 2 there is a cool under ground system here, and On floor 7 there is my shop.", says the man pointing little things out.

Edited by Beoreson

Talo looked at the man smiled when he said that his sexuality. "Wow, you are a very understanding man, not many of those left." Talo laughs and listens intensively to him talking about the floors, and the different unique and cool things you could find on them. "You have a shop? I may need to check it out now, since I know the owner and everything." Talo smiles and takes a drink of his drink, seeing he is getting kind of close to empty. "Wow, almost first full drink in this game, never had alcohol in the real world." Talo said and leaned on the bar, looking at everything. "So, how's all that guild stuff? I think I might want to join one, just when I am a bigger level and all." Talo said and shrugged, knowing his level is something less than needed in a guild.

"It has its up and downs. There is important events and all that kind of stuff that are fun but there is the whole dress code thing they have going.", says the man. "If you really wanted to join a guild I would recommend us but there are more specialized guilds out there." He then leans back and orders himself another drink while finishing off his own. "I'm not to sure about other guild's level requirements or even ours but if you grind a few levels out I'm sure anyone would love to have you in their guild."  He motions to the bar keep to go fetch the drinks again.

Edited by Beoreson

"A dress code? Wow, I thought we were out of high school." Talo laughed and listened to him talk about level requirement for other guilds. "Ah, well I  have heard of your guild, but I wonder if there is like just a support guild for the front liners, I don't like rushing into battle, supporting is more my style." Talo said and finished his drink, the waiter NPC going off to get more drinks."I hope I can grind out levels soon, hate being this weak, but I have hopes for it. Been meeting some really cool people, you included, and hopefully they can help with it." Talo said, feeling like he is talking a lot, but alcohol is taking that care away.  "I can pay for the drinks you know. I hate to make people pay for things."

"If you want to,  I won't stop you.", says the man about the lower leveled player wanting to buy the drinks for the two of them. "In all honesty these drinks are really cheap down here and that is why I'm not on a higher floor.", says the man with a small chuckle after finishing the sentence. "I'm not very strong myself, nothing grand mastered and I spent my SP on a pretty wasteful skill and should have done things differently.", says the man in his normal and honest manner. He takes a sip from his drink and reclines a little bit.  "In all honesty, I'm not sure what the current state of affairs in the game. I went on leave and haven't been back till now."

"Hey maybe we can help each other. Help you grand master, and help me actually get out and see the world. I know that is a lot to randomly ask. But hey, if you are up for it.." Talo said, and thought of drink prices, only because Beoreson brought it up. "Things must be very expensive on the higher floors. Glad I'm not up there yet. Think I'm going to stay down here for a bit." Talo said with a light laugh. The man brought up going on leave, and Talo thought of all the drama he could remember."I don't really know much of what has happened recently. Apparently someone named Zelrius and Ssendom died. No idea who they are, I think Azure Brigade, and also that we have been going up floors pretty regularly."

The reminder took a little cheer out of the man  and he was reminded that Opal had gone rouge and PKers where quite the problem now on the front lines. "A friend of mine Opal just killed a player and just got marked for death.", states the man as he thinks for a moment. "Ah, we also just got to the next floor not sure what number though.", says the warrior after a moments thought we a slight change back to normal. He takes a swig of his drink and then scratches the side of his head. "Want to go gather resources? I know a good spot. There aren't any monsters there that I know of.", asks the man.

"Oh.. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bother you in any way." Talo trailed off, knowing he struck a nerve he really shouldn't have touched. Wow, smart me. Bringing up death to a guy who would have of course seen it before. Talo mentally berated himself and almost missed what Beoreson said. "Oh we did get to the next floor? That's awesome. Pretty soon we will be to 20." Talo said with a light smile. Talo was happy things were going back to slightly more normal. The man in front of him suggested that they go searching for resources, and Talo 100 percent agreed to do that. "Yeah I would love that. I'm going to be taking the {Earning a Living} Quest soon probably, could use some more resources to start my store."

• 1 month later...

*Sorry for the delay got busy moving and forgot I was in this thread*

ID# 63368

LD:12

Beoreson nods and asks him a question, "So, what are you planning on doing? Profession wise?"  The warrior then leads Talo all the way through town over to a small garden area just outside the town gates. The patch of flowers are pretty and have half a dozen different types of flowers in it. The majority of them being yellow daisy flowers. He looks around for a moment and says to the other man, "The flower we are looking for has six petals and a slightly orange colored pistil. The only difficulty is that we are in a flower patch that is filled with yellow flowers."