[PP-F9] With Every Beginning, There Is An End (Ouranos)

Hot air from the volcano beneath Helios blew wind through his dark hair. The young man was leaned over a metal railing outside of Vulcan Village. He wore his usual Archangel's Suit, as well as his Cape of the Seraph. Although he was boiling in his outfit, Helios didn't take it off. Instead, his eyes gazed down into the fiery volcano below. The boy hadn't spoken to anyone in quite sometime. His familiar, Lucifer, had refused to leave his shop once again. It didn't bother him though, since he didn't get customers. In fact, he had completely stopped caring about any orders he had left unfinished. Helios' had thought hard about closing it, but he still needed somewhere to live. Thoughts about his old friends were always crossing his mind. "How were they doing?" He'd often ask himself, and other things such as, "Should I send them a message?"

What was going on in the frontlines? Recently, boss raids have been progressing exceptionally fast. In the beginning, Helios had always pictured himself up there, fighting alongside his comrades. Zelrius, Oikawa, and other players he once knew. But that dream had already ended. Zelrius was gone. He hadn't spoken to Oikawa, Calrex, or anyone else in weeks, if not months. A sigh escaped his mouth. "What am I supposed to do now?"

Ouranos stepped out of Vulcan Village and sighed with a melancholy look on his face. His eyes immediately dropped to the sight of another dark haired player, one whom he recognized. Slowly, he walked towards the player. Part of him felt nervous, however he was also grateful at the sight of the young man. Ouranos came to a stop beside the player. "It's been a while, Luke.", he said, leaning up against the railing, "Or, I guess you're known as Helios in here." He studied the swordsman's face. It was exactly like he remembered it. The two of them looked quite similar. They had the same black hair and they were both fairly tall. This, of course, was because they were siblings. Brothers. "Looks like you progressed further than me. While you were out here becoming strong, I was sitting in an inn back at the Town of Beginnings. I rarely leave the first floor, actually."

Edited by Ouranos

A light smile appeared on Helios' face. "Ouranos. It's nice to see you." he replied. The two hadn't spoke since the beginning of Sword Art Online. "Strong? I don't know what you're talking about. I'm still nothing compared to most players." he stated. Ouranos wore a simple starter outfit, the same one given upon entering the game. On his hip was a beginner straight sword. It didn't take a genius to see that this dark haired teenager hadn't been out much. He understood why, of course. It was the same reason they stopped speaking with each other. "How are you doing, little bro?"

Helios expected his usual answer. "I'm doing great, how about you?" He'd say with a fake smile. The boy's emotions couldn't be hidden from his brother. They had been going through the same thing since before the start of the game. Helios was simply able to hide it better.

Edited by Helios

The noirette fell silent for a moment. How was he supposed to answer? "Well, I'm able to accept that she's gone. Not all deaths can be prevented. Olivia was unfortunately one of them." he replied. Olivia... The name of his late sister. It had been so long since Ouranos had last heard that name. "Of course, that doesn't mean I don't miss her." he added. How could I not? he thought, looking up at the sky. Bright stars lit up the night sky brilliantly. A crescent-shaped moon hung in the distance, completely still. The whole reason the two brothers stopped speaking was because they reminded each other of their sister and the pain they felt. "We never should have parted ways back then." Ouranos told his brother.