[PP-F2] Fortuitous Happenstance (ShinoTenshi) (Complete)

Evander lounged around in the High Fields of Crossing, laying back and watching the sun high above him. He had his cloak over him like a blanket, and his sword, in its sheath, lay by his side. A wind blew through, rustling the flowers and the grass in the meadow. It was a nice day to relax. Hmm, he had been relaxing quite a bit, recently. He had lounged around like this just three days ago. He hoped he wasn't getting lazy or anything. That wouldn't be good. Evander turned his head and looked at the violet flower patch beside him. He sighed softly. No matter how much he wanted to relax or anything, he needed to get moving, get working. Time was quickly passing him by, and with each second that he let fall through his fingertips, the harder he would have to work to actually matter, to actually make an impact in this world. He had had a good drive his first days in here, but he was slowing down, and he wasn't even anywhere near high-leveled enough to be even notable amidst the, what, seven or eight thousand players in this game. He threw off his cloak, got up, and buckled on his sword. He fastened his cloak around his neck. He stretched a little, popping his shoulder. If he didn't feel like fighting any monsters today, the least he could do was explore more of the second floor and get some work done without having to do all that much actual work. It was better than just laying around here.

Edited by Evander
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Shino's bloodlust quenched after recently leveling up, she was in a pretty good mood. Which for her is rare. She was wandering around the second floor in search of something entertaining, perhaps even her next target. She walked with her misleading school uniform flowing slightly behind her due to the gentle breeze. Her hair was up in a ponytail as usual, and her go-to weapon rested at the bottom of her back, unnoticable from the front. "One small step for me, one giant setback for mankind. It might be one level but I'll soon multiply that even more." Shino set her hands behind her head as she walked and admired the sky above. The clouds floated aimlessly, and the sun shone brightly. Her vision managed to catch a shadow to her left, instinctively causing her to reach for her weapon. Upon closer observation, she saw that it was a boy that startled her. Thinking as though he thought as she did she spoke, "Hey what gives, are you trying to give a girl a heart attack!? Well I got news for you hot stuff, I'm not your average everyday sweetheart and Im not gonna faint just so you can come to my rescue!"

Edited by ShinoTenshi

Evander jumped. Whoa, what in the- Ah, it was just some girl. Some girl that was talking to him, fairly loudly. Wait a second, heart attack? What? Well, excuse him, he was just standing around up here. He wasn't doing anything. Asides from stretching, he supposed, and getting ready to head out, but those weren't normally the sort of things that would cause people to be startled. Well, whatever, the girl had placed the blame on him, so he would have to apologize for something that he didn't even really do. Then, he could explain how she was mistaken. "My apologies for startling you, miss." Yeah, that was a pretty good and convincing apology, he supposed. "However, I believe you are mistaken. I was simply standing around in the area. I did not intend to startle you at all, and certainly not so that I could save you and appear more impressive." Alright, that was pretty good, nice and formal, cool. He probably needed to get some more social interaction so that he wouldn't have to think as much while responding to social situations. Also, he should probably tone down the formalities. This was just another regular old person, probably around his age, if he were to estimate. Well, that was interesting and all, not everyday you startled someone and struck up a conversation with them, but he should probably get going. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to be heading on my way. I'm planning to go explore more of the second floor. Nice meeting you."

Upon a second glance Shino thought the unknown boy was rather handsom. "He is kinda cute.. I suppose I'll let him live. He better not think Im just being nice out of the kindness in my heart." It was then the boy apologised, "He's really formal too.." She shook herself to clear her head, "What am I thinking!? Im a psychopath for god sake, a boy shouldnt be able to faze me at all." Shino thought of her predicament again and devised a plan to help her get over her troublesome feelings, "I can lure him into a false sense of security, and then  I--" Shino noticed the boy was walking away before she could finish, "Hey! What do you mean nice meeting you? You havent even told me your name!" She ran after the so-far nameless boy. "Whether we met by mistake or not I cant have you going around scaring other people." Shino was disappointed with herself, "Ugh great excuse Shino.. whatever so long as he lets me tag along Im fine. At least he doesnt seem like the last perve I met."

Dum-de-dum, going exploring. Wow, he was excited for what he was going to see next. This was going to be great. There was this fortress village thing he had seen once, off in the distance, and that would be a pretty cool place to check ou- What now? Evander turned around. The girl was following him. Okay then. Well, she was certainly trying to be friendly, wasn't she. He thought it was going to be just one of those things where you apologized and went on with your life. Apparently not. "Ah, you wish to know my name? My name is Evander." Well, eh, that was okay for an introduction. Pretty cut-and-dry. Wait now, scaring other people? This was the first time he ever even "scared" someone, and it wasn't even his fault. Whatever. This was obviously going to become some sort of running gag or something. He sighed. "Again, I apologize for startling you. I did not intend to, and I do not intend to do so ever again, or to other people." Alright, cool, nice response. He was just missing one thing. Ah, that's right, this girl's name. It was only the polite thing to do. "Now that I've told you my name, would you mind telling me yours?"

Shino stumbled a bit as she came up to the boy who's name is now Evander. Shino searched her mind if the name was familiar. "Nope Im drawing a blank here. I think I would remember a face like that... Damn it Shino! Stop thinking of him like that!" As Shino battled herself she faintly hear Evander apologize once more and ask her for her name in return of his, "The name's Shino. I'll tell you now I dont like nicknames. So its just Shino." She looked to Evander and eyed him up and down, "What is his plan? As of right now I dont think he likes or dislikes me... Hmm.. I have to close the gap in order for this plan to work, no matter how lame it makes me seem." Shino let out a yelp and convinsingly tripped forward. She held her leg in performance pain and breathed hard enough to make it seem like hurting. "Ow! Im such a cluts.." She attempted to get up but writhed in pain, "I think I twisted my ankle." She looked up at him with crocadile tears in her eyes, hoping he would take the bait.

Alright, Shino. Cool. No nicknames, but, eh, he didn't really like nicknames either so it was all cool. Awesome. Could he leave now? Was that socially acceptable? He really wanted to go check out that fortress, but, eh, whatever. Then, out of the blue, Shino decided to fall over. Without even walking anywhere. And with no rock or root that could trip her in sight. Cool. And also an act, obviously, though her crying could be pretty convincing, he supposed. She would probably do pretty well in the acting industry. She started to roll around in "pain", even though he was pretty sure there was none in this game. Also, they were in a safe zone, so she shouldn't be losing health. And, he was pretty sure that one couldn't twist their ankle by falling straight forward. Alright. He supposed he would play along. He squatted by the girl and tried to put on some sort of sympathetic face. "Oh, no. Would you like a splint or something? I can go make one from that stick over there." He probably sounded a bit too deadpan, but, eh, whatever. He stood and went over to get the stick. Well, there was nothing here that could conceivably be used as a rope, so making a splint would be pretty impossible, unless he found strips of fabric somewhere. Or ripped them off his own shirt, but he wasn't going to go that far for an act. He came back to the girl, Shino. He squatted by her and dropped the stick by her side. "Well, there's the stick. There isn't any rope or anything to tie it with around, so I suppose I could trek back to Urbus for some, if you really need it."

Shino sat silently for a moment thinking of how to clean up her mess. "Cheeky bastard saw right through me, I gotta give him credit for that." She let out a sigh and stood back up showing no mercy on her "hurt" leg. "Looks like I gotta come clean.." Figuring it would be the best way out of embarrassment Shino admited her lie, "Alright alright Einstien you caught me, no need to rub it in." "Time for act 2 of the play" She gave him a look of embarrassment and began twiddling her fingers. "I... I want to get to know you okay.. I didnt have any other way to grab your attention.." Shino began blushing knowing it wasnt all an act to her. Her voice started to trail off and get quieter as she continued to speak, "So can I um.. walk with you for a little while..?"

So, she admitted to the deed. Good. He stood up. And now she was acting all bashful and such, but after that pretty convincing act of pain, he wasn't sure if he could really trust that either. Ah, she wanted to 'get to know him'. Probably an act too. Or he was being paranoid. Eh, whatever. Automatically assume the worst, and he would probably be safe. So, she wants to walk with him. Alright, sure. No harm in- oh, shoot, what if she wants to kill him? Now he was definitely going into crazy land, but still, the thought had merit. Except for the fact that she had a green cursor. Yeah, he probably needed to ease up on the paranoid train for a while. But, still, could never be too careful. "You know, if you just wanted to get to know me, you could have just asked." He did a little smile thing to act as if he trusted her. Since, obviously, that was the ploy. Yeah, he needed to shuffle away all of those conspiracy theories. She was probably just a very awkward person or something. Still, he wasn't going to trust her. She could be really high-leveled, he didn't know. Might be best to stay in the safe zone. Thank goodness the High Fields of Crossing had a pretty nice view. "If you want to walk with me, why don't we walk around here for a while? It's pretty nice here. The flowers are blooming. I think. I'm not a botanist."

Edited by Evander

"I guess I should have done this in the beginning. That fake smile was proof enough he doesnt trust me." Shino looked up to Evander, seeing as he was taller, "Its time for some reverse psychology girl." She gave Evander a slightly upset look after he reccommended staying in town, "You dont trust me do you?" she mumbled. "I guess I cant blame you for not trusting me. I would say its fair.." Taking a few steps forward she spoke once again, "Just tell me one thing.." Shino blushed a more wild red than before, "I... I didnt.." She whpped around to face the boy again and spoke unmeaningly loud, "I didnt mess up my chances with you did I?" The girl stood there for a second. She wondered why she had developed feelings for this boy of all people.

Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot, he probably hurt her feelings. Or this was just another act, but still, geez, it was really good acting. Unless it was some reverse psychology stuff. Great, now he was having doubts. Well, whatever. And, nah, she didn't really ruin her chances of becoming a friend or something of him. It was all cool. Unless she did something really bad right in front of him, benefit of the doubt and all, right? But he still wouldn't trust her all that much. "No, no, no, of course not. You're still A-Okay in my book." He smiled at her, a somewhat more genuine thing. Now perhaps she wouldn't have to look so ashamed or embarrassed or whatever. Also, a note for future reference, he needed to work on his smiles, real and fake. "So, about that walk, what do you say about walking around here? This meadow is pretty nice. I like hanging out around here sometimes." Well, not really, but at least the wording would make her more comfortable, he supposed. And it was a nice meadow. There was even a nice, cool breeze.

Edited by Evander

Shino turned away from Evander and looked out into the distance, she grazed her eyes over the mountains in the distance. "Good." She continued to ponder her reasons for infatuation while thinking of a time to strike. This battle in her head is bound to do some damage to her sanity. Evander offered her a walk through the medow, "Yuck, this place is so bright and flowery. If only I met him in the real world.. we would go down in my basement and.. I would.." Shino began laughing, not hard but not soft either so to conceal her insanity. After a few seconds to calm down she walked over to Evander, "Sorry I was thinking of the real world. I'd love to go on a walk through here." She gave an innocent smile and waited for him to lead the way.

You know, she really reminded him of someone he met once before. Who was it, who was it- oh no. Oh no. She reminded him of that crazy girl from a while ago. They both even wore school uniforms. Well, considering that those were the only two girls he had a real conversation with so far, that was to be expected, but still. Ugh. He desperately hoped this girl wasn't insane. People laugh all the time, right? It was okay. Just, uh, stay in safe zones around her. Shoot, how was he supposed to get back to his inn room at Urbus then? Wait, wait, wait, he needed to calm down here. This girl probably wasn't insane, he was just being paranoid. Everything was all cool. Yeah. Cool. Alright, now, for the walk. He didn't really know where to walk, but whatever. What was even the point of walks anyway? Huh, that was an interesting question he had never thought to ask before. What were walks even for? Perhaps he would ask Shino, test out her sanity or whatever. Evander began to walk in a random direction, staying well within the boundaries of the safe zone. Yeah, he was paranoid, but sometimes paranoia could keep you alive. "So, uh, how's it going? What have you been up to? Oh, and, also, I thought up an interesting question. What do you think the point of walks is?" A few blunders with all of the uh's, but whatever, it would do.

The two began walking, starting off almost silent. Shino stared at the flowers as they passed, particularly red flowers seeing as it was her favorite color for obvious reasons. After a minute or so Evander let off a barage of questions all at once. She took a breath to calm herself, for she hated being pestered, "Im.. fine. Kinda nervous to be honest.." She thought about picking a flower and putting it in her hair, but decided against it thinking it would look bad no matter the color she chose. "I was gonna try and level up since this floor has stronger monsters. Looking back.. it wasnt that good of a plan. Im not very strong yet." She hid her smile by looking away from Evander, "Yet being the key word hun then everyone will die!" And she responded to the final question she was asked that seemed very unordinary, "Oh I know why we walk. I learned it in on of my classes at military school. Walking reduces stress and improves your self esteem" Shino gave a smile from being proud she remembers even the most meaningless information.

Alright, generally normal responses, that was good. Either she was sane, or she was a good acto- right, she was a good actor. Ugh, he was really going paranoid now. He needed to relax. He took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly. Cool. Oh, wait, he was in company. Now she probably thought he was weird or something. Eh, whatever, he didn't care. "Oh, how come you're nervous? Did something happen? I am willing to listen to any of your problems, free of charge." Alright, cool. Now it was time for some psychoanalysis. He noticed she liked looking at the flowers. In particular, the white ones. Or was it the red ones? He couldn't really tell, since he was looking at it from a different perspective. The only way to really know would to read her mind or something. He hoped it wasn't the red flowers though. That could possibly mean she had a large blood lust, and was a murderer. Or he could be paranoid again. Right, relax. Maybe he could ask her for her favorite color. At least it would keep the conversation going instead of having it devolve into some awkward walk around a bunch of flowers.

Shino continued admiring the flowers, as Evander was asking his next question she decided to pluck on of the flowers and smell it. She chose a red cypress flower her personal favorite, strange that she found some of them in this world. "Ah the flower of death in her most beautiful color." She inhaled and soon after sneezed, "Ugh, you would think allergies wouldnt be a part of this game." Shino then proceeded to answer Evander's question, "Well.. Im afraid of increasing in floors. You understand right? I came here all alone at such a low level. What was I thinking?" "As if! HA! I've choked someone with their intstines while force feeding them their heart! Im not afraid of anything!" Shino had to pinch herself to hold her laughter, she put on an innocent look and looked back up to the taller boy at her side, "How about you..? All of your questions."

Edited by ShinoTenshi

She picked a flower. Interesting. What color was it? Evander moved his head a little to look at the flower in her hand- it was red. Welp. Panic mode was pretty much engaged. Wait, wait, wait, he needed to calm down here. Tons of people liked the color red. His grandmother liked the color red. Red was a normal color. It was the color of, uh, passion, and a lot of other stuff besides blood. Like love and other sappy stuff. So, it was fine. Red was a cool color. Ah, so she was afraid since she was so low-leveled. Well, until he saw actual veritable proof of anything, he wasn't going to trust anything that she said, especially after the red flower incident. Her name might not even be Shino. Who really knew? Asides from her. Alone at a low level? Psh, he went alone for most of his life here in Aincrad, from level 1 to level 10. Alone was good. It meant no back-stabbings. And no weird girls pinching themselves. Ah, she was asking him about all of the things he had asked her. At least she could have a conversation. "Me? I'm holding up fairly fine. I'm mainly just exploring the second floor. I have this weird sense of justice or something, so I refuse to allow myself to use the teleporter to go up to any floor I want and instead just journey up through all of the floors through the dungeon. I've only broken that once before, and I still feel kinda guilty about it. When going back down, though, I use the teleporter." Whoa, he went on for way too long. She probably didn't want to know all of that. Still, he guessed he probably said all of that because he hadn't had someone to talk to for quite a while, so he supposed she would be okay for talking to about his problems, as a makeshift sort of friend. He just wished she weren't possibly crazy. Oh, shoot, he was being selfish. She was another human being, not something to just talk to about his own problems. He should listen to her problems. "Sorry for rambling just now. You probably didn't want to know about all of that." 

"Hmm.. This guy is kinda weird. Handicapping yourself to not teleport would be considered strange to anyone. Not to mention how close he was observing me." Shino's level-up high was wearing off now and she was beginning to settle back to her usual self. "Wait.. was he looking at the flower or my..?" Shino's face turned red out of embarrassment and anger. In response to Evander's apology she spoke as she assumed the worst, "You perve! Dont think I didnt see you lookin at my chest!" She threw her hand at him unaware of it being a misunderstanding. "Why are all the guys in this world perves huh? I'd like to go one day without someone looking me up and down trying to undress me with their minds!" Tears of frustration built up in Shino's eyes as she sat down where she was and curled up cursing at the world under her breath.

Whoa there, whoa there, this was clearly all a huge misunderstanding. Shoot. Man. He had never been in this situation before, and he had no idea what he would even do. He would never even consider doing anything like what she said. He shuddered internally at the thought of anyone doing anything like that. It was pretty gross. He had clearly hurt her feelings, or triggered a point of irritation. Man, what was it with this girl and accusations? What would he do? Evander cringed. Oh, shoot! She could be crazy! If she was crazy, she could try to kill him! Agh! Come on, come on, all of his years of social experience had to come together now to get him out of this huge mess. Oh gosh, what would he do? Evander scratched his head. Alright, any attempts to make friendly gestures would likely be interpreted as trying to, uh, what was the wording, advance on her. The best thing he could do right now would be to stay distant. Right? Look like he didn't care? Oh shoot, that could possibly incriminate him even more. He was in a hole now. Part of him wanted to just run away, but if he did that, and this girl turned out to be crazy, then gee golly willikers, say hello to death. Well, most any placating gestures he made would make it worse, so it was probably best to tell the truth. Right? Evander steeled his mind, prayed for mercy, and began his attempt. He hoped it would work. He took a second and readied himself. "...I did not, and I would never even consider doing what you are accusing me of. I say this with utter certainty. I apologize if it seemed that way in any way, shape, or form at all. Since you are clearly upset and obviously wish to be alone right now, I will leave. Have a nice day." Evander walked away. He sat down by a boulder on the other side of the field, still well within the boundaries of the safe zone, and put his head into his hands. What had he gotten himself into now?

Shino paid just enough attention to Evander's apology to hear what he wanted. "If thats the case why is he keeping such a close eye on me?" The boy began walking away and ended up sitting down a ways away from her. "It seems he doesnt mean for escape. So there isn't a necessity to kill him yet. Though it seems I've forgotten my end goal.." She glared at Evander from the distance they were separated. "Thats right.." She got up and wiped her tears away with her hands, "I just want to know something first." she thought as she walked over to where Evander was sitting. Shino crouched beside him and spoke, possibly startling him if he was unaware of her presence. "If you arent a perve then tell me why you are observing me so close."