[PP-F7] Let's Go Hunting! (Zandra)

A pang of guilt hit me when Zandra asked for us to stay away from the topic of Jomei, and my posture slumped forward remorsefully. "Sorry... I did not realize things were like that. My bad," I apologized somberly, flashing Zandra a simper before looking away down the street. Note to self; do not bring the topic of guys up unless they do first. Might save your skin some time, José. "Heh, I have a buttload of cash to blow. Do not worry about my wallet," I assured the black haired girl with a chuckle, thankful the mood between us was brightening back up. I could not help but wonder what was happening between them... maybe he was not responding to her? Sounded like Jevi and myself... she had crawled under some rock in Armadillo again, if I had to guess, and was ignoring everything. I just wished she would come to me for help...

I swiftly followed Zandra into the tavern and sat opposite her at the table and nodded in agreement to her proposal. "Sounds good to me, let us get something cheap and easy to start. No competition with this first one, eh?" I offered and tapped on the table, opening the purchase menu, putting in an order for two beers, clicking the blue accept button and listening to the ringing of my Col pouring into the system. An NPC bartender very swiftly entered the tavern with a pair of large glasses filled to the brim with amber fluid, placing them both on the table between Zandra and myself. Of course, the NPC was only there for flair and a more... logical delivery of the beverages rather than just appearing on the table out of thin air. Kayaba's team certainly paid great attention to detail.

"So... what other news do you have, milady?" I asked the woman before taking a swig from my oversized glass. "I have been so out of the loop lately. Tell me something interesting."

• 3 years later...