[SP-F6] <<Calming the Soul>> Kane (COMPLETE)

Enraged, the demonic looking doppelganger raised its own hideous mockery of <>, ready to bring it crashing down and take Kane's arm off!

The blade came crashing down, but Kane merely angled his torso to the right. CLANG! The blade bore down on his over-sized shoulder guard, and Kane was spared the indignity of having his own limb removed.

Kane: 15/15

Shadow: 9/15

Time to finish this. Kane was ready to use a technique he had only just learned, but hadn't actually executed yet. Charging his blade with a violet light, Kane launched into the <>.

It just barely worked... As Kane leapt high into the air, his opponent used his single arm to raise his sword in an attempt to swat him out of the air. Kane blocked it, but the technique was interrupted. Landing awkwradly, he only -just- managed to duck the shadow's swinging blade and finish the move. Sweeping his leg out in a swift arc, Kane connected hard with the specter's knee, taking his opponent down on his opposite knee and knocking off more health.

Kane: 15/15

Shadow: 8/15

For a moment, the phantom Kane retreated, leaping backwards to its own platform now that its health had been brought below half. Looking at itself, missing an hand and covered in cuts, it started laughing maniacally. "You know what? No." Kane was shocked to see the phantom raise the point of his sword to his own chest. "You don't get to win here. I'm going to deny you this victory." And with that, it impaled itself through the chest.

Falling backwards, the dark blade still stuck through it, Kane's evil twin dropped into the water at the bottom of the cavern. Kane rushed over to it, horrified at the clone's actions, but glad that he hadn't needed to run "himself" through... himself.

He watched as the phantom's HP bar trickled out of the yellow into red. "You can't get rid of me..." The phantom grinned, almost proud of itself. "I'm you, remember? I live up here." The shade tapped its own head mockingly. As its life hit zero, and it faded into a thousand dark crystals, Kane heard its voice echo softly off the cavern walls. "See you soon... John."

He breathed deeply as he opened his eyes; He was still seated on the platform under the waterfall. He must have slipped into a meditative trance... the fight was all in his head? Would he have died if he had lost? Regardless, he cleared the cobwebs from his mind as he stood, full of renewed purpose. You're wrong, he thought, exiting the cave. I'm going to survive, and return back to my family. And until that day, when I have brought others with me to the end, to finally stand in the light once more... Until then, my name is Kane. The Atoner.