[SP-F9] <<Bandit Camp>> COMPLETE

Helios stepped into a tavern, one that had been specified in the details of an interesting request. He examined the place thoroughly. Where was the warrior that was supposed to be waiting for him? They all looked like warriors to the noirette. Ah yes, he's an NPC. he chuckled, remembering that he wasn't looking for a player. As he stepped near an NPC that seemed to be the one the boy was searching for, it approached him and began to speak. "Hello traveler. I am a warrior in need of assistance. Would you be kind enough to help me?"

Well, that is what i'm here for. Helios thought as a quest pop up appeared. Quickly, he accepted the warrior's request and listened to him speak. "On this floor, there is a group of bandits who have been claiming a majority of the areas with strong monsters in them. Because of this, there is a decline in potential experience for players to take. I need you, brave swordsman, to defeat these evil bandits and restore the fields to the players of Aincrad!"

The noirette nodded as he began to walk away from the NPC warrior. The task he had been given sounded simple enough. "Defeat all of the bandits and he'll reward me with some col or something, I assume. This will hopefully be worth my time." Helios opened his inventory and began equipping the items he would need for the quest. His curved sword, <<God's Wrath>>, and the trinket he had ordered from the artisan Teselmar some time prior to this quest. And, of course, he put on his black cape. Although it didn't boost his stats in any way, he liked the style of it.

(I'm going to start rolling for the camp. Because why not? Camp found on an LD of 15+)
ID: 62907 LD: 4+1=5 (No camp found)

"Time to leave, I suppose." Helios decided as he began to exit the metallic settlement, known as Vulcan Village. He examined the hot, volcanic area and sighed. "This place is as bad as the wasteland of a desert we call the Fifth Floor." For a while, he roamed the area in search of the bandit camp that the NPC from the tavern spoke of, however nothing of the sort was found. Instead, he came across a small patch of liquid. He was unsure what it was, but he had a feeling he could use it as a material. "On the other hand, I'd rather not feed this to people..."

Edited by Helios

ID: 62908 LD: 8+1=9 (No camp found)

The dark-haired young man stepped away from the unknown substance, as it began to bubble a bit, and continued to search for the hideout used by the thieves. "I'd better stay on track and not bother with any more weird liquids. If I were a bandit, were would I hide?" he mumbled to himself, thinking carefully of a position that would be best suited for clearing the monsters efficiently. His first thought was a cave near the farming spots. The Ninth Floor was probably covered in small caves that groups of bandits could hide away in. Of course, it was also possible that he simply wasn't looking in the right area. Maybe they had a camp inside of the spot where the mobs spawned. Although it was less likely, it seemed like it could be a possibility he should consider.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62910 LD: 11+1=12 (No camp found)

"Where is this camp?" he sighed, walking towards a small cave-like spot. Helios peeked in carefully and quietly, but it seemed like nobody was there. No players, no NPCs. Not even a monster. Well that's a shame. I guess I'll keep searching until I eventually find their campsite. Helios thought, turning away from the cave. He continued onward until he came across what looked like a group of players; Possibly even bandits.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62912 LD: 11+1=12 (No camp found)

It was unfortunate, but his assumption seemed to be incorrect. Helios looked closer and realized all it was was a small party of three or four friends who were out grinding together and having a good time. "Well, at least some players are having fun. I'm sure as hell not." he sighed, continuing his search for the bandits and their camp. He thought about what the group of bandits might carry on them. Maybe he'd get extra col for every one he defeated. Or maybe some rare, unique items that other players didn't possess. The noirette wasn't told how strong they were either. Would he be able to handle them alone? He wasn't super strong or tanky, but he wasn't incredibly weak either. "I can do this." he told himself.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62913 LD: 15+1=16 (Camp found!)

Suddenly, he saw it. In the distance, Helios spotted a campsite with flaming torches and warriors in leather armor. They carried straight-swords in leather sheathes at there hip and wore helmets with small, metal spikes at the top. Finally, I found them. Helios grinned as he began walking straight towards the camp. He was able to make out how many barbarians were in the camp. "Four of them. Perfect."

Edited by Helios

The black-haired swordsman stepped into the camp and drew his sword. "Hey you good-looking bandits! So, I don't want to alarm you, but I've been hired to fight you guys. I don't want to make this last too long, however, so I'll start now." he grinned, lunging at the group before they could get ready to attack back. Swiftly, he leaped into the air, swooping back down and slashing his blade downward. Suddenly, the four opponents were low on health. "Whew," Helios pretended to wipe the sweat off of his forehead, "I just love the thrill of battle. Don't you guys?" he smiled, jokingly.

ID: 62914 BD: 10 (+2 DMG)  CD: 6 (+1 Energy) MD:  3
Activated Death Creep. 7+2*1*6=54 DMG

Party:

Helios: 64/64 | Energy: 6

Enemies:

Bandit: 16/70

Edited by Helios

For a moment, He hadn't realized that one of the bandits had slashed him with their blade. "Well, that's a bit rude, isn't it?" Helios joked. He was surprisingly having a lot of fun with the bandits, despite him originally thinking it wouldn't be a quest worth taking. Sure, there wasn't a lot of gold or experience given for completing the quest, but it was a lot of fun for him, at the very least. Lifting his blade once more, the noirette spun a total of three times after activating a fairly simple and weak Sword Art: Farrant Full Moon. Thankfully, it did more than enough damage to finish the four bandits off. "And only one point of health depleted." He chuckled, watching the bandits shatter into a million of tiny, glass-like shards.

ID: 62916 BD: 6+1=7 CD: 6 (+1 Energy) MD:  9
Activated Farrant Full Moon. 7*3*1=21 DMG

Party:

Helios: 63/64 | Energy: 2/16

Enemies:

Bandit: 0/70

Edited by Helios

ID: 62922 LD: 15+1=16 (Material found!)

"Well," Helios yawned, "I still have time to spare. Might as well collect some materials while I'm out here. Nothing better to do anyway, I suppose." He said, considering going back and collecting the mysterious liquid. No. There's no way I'm going back and taking that... stuff back to my shop with me. On the other hand, it could be made into some really "good" cookies...

"Yeah, I'm going back for it." he chuckled, pulling a small vial from his inventory. When the young, dark-haired man arrived at the liquid, which was no longer bubbling, he sighed, a bit nervous to stick his hand near it. Helios unscrewed the cork on the vial and filled about half of it up with the purple gooey substance. "I hate this floor."

(+1 Material)

Edited by Helios

ID: 62924 LD: 7+1=8 (No Material Found.)

As he walked, Helios continuously examined the vial of liquid. What was it? Was it even edible? What if he baked something and used it as an ingredient and it poisoned the player who bought it? He'd be a murderer! "I suppose there's no proof it was ever me who did it. And it's not like i'll be arrested if it does happen. Might as well use it for something." The noirette decided it would be best used for an alchemist, however. Maybe I should retake that <<Earning a Living>> quest or something and make potions instead of being a cook.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62925 LD: 8+1=9 (No Material Found.)

I'm not finding any materials out here. It's just rocks and lava! he decided, looking around to see if he could find any monsters to challenge instead. Helios then remembered that he had defeated the four bandits who controlled the good farming spots. "I'll check those areas out first. There was one right next to their camp if I recall correctly." he stated, wandering back towards what once was a bandit camp.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62926 LD: 15+1=16 (Material Found!)

On his way back to the campsite, which had been used by the bandits previously, Helios noticed something small and shiny on the ground in front of him. He reached down and picked up the object, which turned out to be a small, piece of a silver rock, and smiled. "Ah, yes. A material. Definitely can't use this as a cook." he chuckled, looking around for a mob or two to fight.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62933 LD: 18+1=19 (Mat. Found!)

Another piece of silver rock was found a bit further away from the last. "Where are these coming from?" he questioned, although he knew there was nobody there to answer. Suddenly, he heard a sound coming from a cave in the distance. Swiftly, Helios made his way up to the area the sound was coming from. There, he noticed it. Standing inside of the cave was a large, silver, rock-like beast. "Awesome." Helios grinned as he retrieved his blade from it's sheath.

Party:

Helios: 64/64 | Energy: 8/16

Enemies:

Silver Golem: 36/36 | DMG: 27 | MIT: 9

Edited by Helios

Helios attacked the beast with a total of five powerful kicks before swinging his sword in an "X" pattern and defeating his opponent. "Alright, where's my loot drop?" he asked as the notification popped up. Some col and two materials. Not a bad start if you ask me. He chuckled. The noirette was definitely ready to head back soon, seeing as he had managed to collect a few materials and didn't have much left to accomplish out there.

ID: 62937 BD: 8 CD: 6 (+1 Energy) MD:  9
Activated Melee Slash. 7*7*1=49 DMG

Party:

Helios: 64/64 | Energy: 3/16

Enemies:

Silver Golem: 0/36 | DMG: 27 | MIT: 9

Edited by Helios

ID: 62938 LD: 13+1=14 (No Mat. Found)
As he exited the cave, he scavenged the ground for any other materials he might have been able to discover. Nothing. The man sighed as he stepped down from a ledge and slowly walked along the rocks. I'll stay out here for a bit longer, I guess. It would be nice if I could get some more materials while I was out here. He decided, wandering around endlessly, finding nothing but black rocks.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62939 LD: 6+1=7 (No Mat. Found)

Helios continued along the path he had began to follow, which would lead him back up to Vulcan Village if he trekked to the end, and looked carefully at the ground around him. There was not a single material he found that was worth using. At first, he thought he had found an apple or some other red fruit. However, it was just an odd colored rock. "That sure is a shame. Of course, I don't know what kind of fruit what grow out here, so I shouldn't have expected much." He laughed.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62940 LD: 13+1=14 (No Mat. Found)

No longer was he set on finding materials. He had lost all interest in them after they became harder for him to find. It was like they were invisible or something! "Whatever. I'll just start heading back faster, I guess. It is starting to get dark after all." he told himself, beginning to walk up the path faster now. Occasionally, he'd catch himself looking at the ground for materials again, but he never managed to find any.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62941 LD: 8+1=9 (No Mat. Found)

Despite finding nothing on his long journey back, he wasn't frustrated. Nor was he saddened by the fact that he only came back with a few materials. He still had the Col and experience he would obtain after arriving at the tavern and once again speaking to the NPC warrior inside. After this quest, I should level up! One step closer to the frontlines." he smirked.

Edited by Helios

ID: 62942 LD: 16+1=17 (Mat. Found!)

Right as he arrived back at the bridge that lead towards town, he noticed a small pool of purple liquid. "There's more of it. Of course there is." he sighed, stepping over to it. "Well, it's a material, better than nothing." He muttered, pulling another vial out of his inventory and filling it with the mysterious substance. "Time to finish this quest." Helios chuckled as he entered Vulcan Village once again.

Edited by Helios