[PP-F3] Labyrinth. «Search for the Hoya»

Jazper smiled and waved politely at one of the NPC elves that had done the same in her direction a moment ago. She only wished the NPC were capable of speech outside their general dialogue parameters. As a younger child, she always insisted on being different elf or fairy creatures for Halloween. Jazper even crafted her own pointy ear prosthetic so her costume seemed more authentic. The entirety of the third floor seemed too much like home, though. Most would argue that it is quite the departure from the real world, there being a heavy fantasy aspect here, but to Jazper, it just seemed like a really good festival set up. All the dialogue she had engaged in was so corny thus far that she actually felt like the writer's were feeling bored when they designed this floor. It was still cute, nonetheless, and made Jazper's stomach turn when she thought of the autumn nights spent thinking about how it would never be possible for her to grow a pair of wings or a set of pointy ears, unless she had some new unheard of birth defect.

Jazper wondered, for a moment, why she always had to think so analytically. She lowered her head to watch her virtual body continuing to walk forward. She wondered why, if just for a moment, she couldn't turn off her overly tactical way of thinking so she could just dream of one day being that fairy she so much wanted to be. Jazper sighed. She lifted her arm again to scribble "ホ" next to her sketch of the third floor's settlement; it is a Japanese character, part of the word home. She figured, then, that she should continue on to the fabled «Forest of Wavering Mist» that too many NPC felt the need to tell her to steer clear of. Just as she was looking up, she was colliding with a solid figure. The game forced her back a foot, and her screen flashed white for a moment. She felt dazed, but she glanced up to see she had run in to another player.

Spoiler

OOC: BAM! :^) Oops aha they quite literally ran in to each other *ba dum tiss* do with that what you will.

Helios normally wasn't a fan of the Third Floor. However, that was where a quest he was interested in completing was located, so today, he wasn't given any other option. The dark-haired swordsman constantly searched his surroundings for the NPC that would allow him to begin his quest. From what he knew, the two Minotaur that lived inside of the Forest of Wavering Mist wasn't insanely strong. The NPC elves that he had spoken with all seemed to be terrified of that forest, and he could see why they would be. He had never entered the forest, but the elves had explained to him that players had gotten lost there in the past. Sounds believable. I seem to get lost pretty much everywhere in this game. The boy chuckled as he continued to walk through the town.

Suddenly, Helios was on the ground. He was so lost in thought that he hadn't even noticed the woman in front of him. "Ah, I'm sorry!" he apologized as he stood up. The young lad reached out his hand to help the girl up onto her feet again. "My apologies, I wasn't watching where I was going."

Jazper was standing before he could properly offer his apologies. She ignored them, as there was no real reason to apologize. Apologies should be saved for purposeful actions; at least, that's what Jazper believed. She understood it was just a formality, but if she said it once she said it a dozen times: Formalities are annoying. Jazper adjusted her dress and made sure her two braids fell evenly in front of her chest again. "There is no reason to apologize... unless, of course, you ran in to me purposefully," Jazper eyed the man narrowly for a second, but then glanced away. "You seem innocent enough, and I wasn't paying attention either, so it would be rather harsh of me to assume you were making an attack. I have to hypothesize that not all male players in this game are trash..." She turned back towards the man. He had jet black hair that immediately interested her. Since the announcement that this world was one large venus fly trap, everyone was altered to resembled their real life appearances. She found it interesting someone could possess such pitch black hair. Of course,there are hair dyes and such, but the observable texture of his hair indicated that it was natural. "Well then... I would explain to you why my head was down but I don't divulge private information to strangers... Where were you heading so hastily that you didn't notice me?" Jazper questioned, possibly hypocritically. She lifted her arm as if to express that she was going to take note of whatever he answered with.

Helios felt a bit dazed from her response. What did she say? Not all men are trash? Well, I guess that's a relief. The young lad thought. When she refused to tell him why she wasn't watching where she was going, but assumed he'd tell her his reason, he seriously wanted to reply with something like "I also don't divulge private information to strangers," but he decided that wasn't something he'd normally do. She definitely wasn't the friendliest woman in the world.

"You see that NPC over there?" The noirette asked, pointing ahead of him, "There's a quest that takes place in the Forest of Wavering Mist outside of the safezone and I never got to doing it. I'm heading over there now to accept it."

He noticed that the woman looked like she was going to take a note on what he had just said and this confused him a bit. The blonde also seemed to be focused on his hair, which he thought was odd, although it didn't really bother him. "Anyway, My name's Helios."