[PP-F1] Stealing children. (Adhaerere, Verus, Huxvix)

Adhae stretched her back as she and her partner walked into the Town of Beginnings. Unknowingly, she had begun copying the movement from Verus, who crached his back so often it was weird. She realized she was doing this, and stopped. Dangit Verus. 

Anyway, here they were back in the starting town. Adhae had suggested that they look around here to try to find some newbies who they could coach into good players. Thinking about it, this was the best way for tbem to form bonds with other people in this game. Finding someone who was a low level and helping them face mobs would be the best way to establish trust. Adhae had also wanted to go back to her bakery and pick up the ba--delicious cookies she'd crafted for Verus. They were her first product, and she wanted her best friend to try them out. The onky food she'd had in this game that wasn't the standard bread was a jello-like substance that she had no idea how to make, and so she was curious about how other foods tasted. And he liked free things anyway, so she was sure he'd like to at least try these. 

She led them into the shopping district, making her way down the aisles of stalls and storefronts. She may have gotten lost once, but they both ended up at their destination; For Goodness Cakes. Adhae was very proud of that name, and smiled broadly when she saw the sign above them. "Here it is. I don't think you've been in here before, have you?" She glanced at him and pushed the door open, greeted by her favourite array of smells. She sighed softly to herself, standing there for a moment to look at her shop. It was so new and still felt fresh. 

Recovering, she went up to the counter, walking around behind it. She bent down and retrieved the tiny package of ginger snaps, coming back around and handing it to him. "For you," she said. "I made them myself. Forgive me if they're a little burnt, there was no cookbook that came with the profession." She smiled sheepishly. 

Spoiler

Name: Ginger snaps
Profession: Cook
ID: #62811
Roll: 6
Item Type: Snack
Quality: Bad
Enhancements: None
Description: Cookies made out of ginger and molasses, whose taste would remind you of a particularly cold winter at your grandma's house.

-Ginger Snaps

Edited by Adhaerere

"I totally forgot you opened up a store." Verus eyed the sign for some time, reading it over and over. It sure was worth of a sensible chuckle. And indeed he did, he giggled a little bit at the name before collecting himself. He had smiled far too much in one sitting and needed to hold himself back a little. Couldn't show too much of who he was anyway.

He eyed the small shop, peering in to one of the windows as they had before to previous armor shops. It was...somewhat barren. However, it was understandable since Adhae had just become a baker and just had opened the store. It needed to be spruced up a bit but he thought it would be perfect once it got a kickstart. He could smell the aromas lifting upwards from beneath the door even before they got in, only drawing him in closer. 

The shop itself was small but cute in a way that was difficult for Verus to describe. He just felt cozy inside and wanted to pull up a chair and just relax. "Oh you shouldn't ha-" Verus had already broken into the packaging and began to eat one of the snaps, already elated by the taste. "Really I mean..." His words came out jumbled, mouth full of cookie. He had no better day in Aincrad than this.  

(shortpostsorry)

Hux was wandering around the town aimlessly, still a bit shocked after what happened. He thought to himself, “So if I die here… I die for real…” who in their right mind would do that to people? Was he really going to be able to get out of here? “Probably not.” he answered his thoughts. “But that won’t stop me from trying.” He thought of his mother who is right now, in a hospital, his beloved father, his cat, Swirly… He teared up, squeezing his fists. He wanted to see them, he wanted to see them so much. Suddenly, he realized! Gecko, his friend is here, too! He had to find her! But before that… he decided to take a look around the city, and even though he hates to socialize, maybe find some allies. He knew it was going to be hard, but he had to try. He had to survive. And to survive, he surely had to find friends.

First, he wandered around near the Black Iron Palace, still thinking about his family. Other people tried to talk to him, he didn’t even seem to notice them. After that, he decided to go take a look at the shopping district. He grunted. “Do I have to walk all the way there? Great…” He said with a grumpy, also a bit tired voice. While walking to his destination with an uncomfortable face, he noticed… a cat! He approached the cat, petting its head. The cat answered with a purr, just like His pet cat, Swirly. “I wonder if I can ever own one?” he asked himself, with a big smile on his face. He kept playing with the cat for a while.

His expression changed as he remembered… He was on his way to the shopping district! It was time to say goodbye. Waving at the happy cat, he started walking away, heading to his destination,  “See you later, buddy!” He said, turning back one more time before they parted their ways.

Edited by Huxvix
Just a little grammar error, I guess

Adhae snorted as Verus commented. "I'm sure you won't forget it now squirt." She smiled and watched happily as he devoured his cookies, feeling reassured that they weren't too horrible. They were a little burned. "So, you like ginger snaps?" She began to head out the door as she asked. Holding the door open for him, she made sure to lock it as they left. Then she began heading towards the tavern she had met him in. "Let's look for some new guys in the tavern that I met you in. Maybe we'll see that other girl, too. I know it's a small chance but I don't know where she went," she commented, frowning at the thought. She could have become one of their good allies. They already were pretty decked out. A shame. 

Soon enough, they arrived. It was a pretty bland tavern, but was standard enough to attract little newbs who knew even the slightest thing about RPGs. She pulled open the door to walk inside, and smiled a little. It hadn't been long since she was first here, and the same went for Verus. Unless he'd come here without her. 

She looked around and saw a few spots open at the bar. She scooted out a stool to sit down and looked at the others in the bar. She saw a few fidgety looking people, and a few calmer looking ones who had significantly better gear. She was reminded of hers then, and quickly swiped up her menu to put away her chestplate and axe. It seemed rude to have them out in a close space like this. 

Verus finished up his present rather quick, shoving what leftover crumbs at the bottom of the box into his mouth. He had lost all sense of public manners, but since it was only Adhae he didn't mind. He was dead tired of bread anyway; this was a joyous occasion. " Gingwer snawps." His words came out jumbled from the remnants of the snaps, sounding very muffled. After swallowing what was left, he let out a cheerful 'ah', patting his stomach slightly. "Thanks for that miss."

He followed alongside Adhae to the tavern they had met at, slightly excited to be heading back. He could hardly drink anything there but would enjoy it for the sake of nostalgia alone. Thoughts of the other girl had stayed afloat in his mind, resurfacing more and more as he got closer. However, something told him that he'd probably never meet the girl once again. 

The stool he sat upon clinked against his sword, pushing it up against his leg. "Clumsy me." Verus repositioned himself and looked to Adhae, smiling slightly. He held up his hand and motioned for the bartender, pointing to his friend. "Some for her please."