[PP-F2] Let's Go Hunting! (Emblem) - COMPLETED

Cygnus stood in the town of Urbus, near the teleport gate.He was out here today because he wanted to hunt some more mobs. He remembered how he and Emblem once hunted on this floor, so the boy was one of the first to come to mind to invite. Cygnus brought up his messenger and sent a message to Emblem.

"Good afternoon, Emblem. I'm on the second floor and I had a thought to go hunt some mobs. Does that sound like something you would be interested in?"

Cygnus sent the message and waited eagerly for a reply. He hadn't been on a good old fashioned hunting trip in quite some time. It was sure to be a nice change of pace. He picked a wall and leaned up against it, waiting for a reply from Emblem.

Edited by Cygnus

Emblem sat asleep on a bench on floor 2 only to be woken up by the sound of getting a PM. He rubbed his eyes then opened up his menu. to see that it was a message from is friend Cygnus. He yawned then opened it up to see that Cygnus wanted to know if he wanted to go hunting. He pressed the reply button then typed out a quick response. Yeah sure Cygnus. I'll meet you there in a second! Emblem got up from the bench and equipped his gear then walked towards the gate at the edge of town. As he approached he noticed Cygnus leaning against a nearby wall. He walked towards him and smiled. Hey Cyg! I got your message. Are you ready?

Cygnus had been hanging out at his spot on the wall, checking his potions and equipment while waiting for a reply from Emblem. He got one fairly quickly, telling him that he would arrive in just a second. Sure enough, not much time passed before he saw Emblem approach. He gave his friend a wave. "Good afternoon! Thanks for coming. Yeah, i'm ready. Just finishing up here." He tapped around his menu for a second before closing it. "Okay, let's get started. I'm really looking forward to it." He began walking down the city streets towards the gate. So, anything exciting going on with you? Any new developments?"

Emblem shrugged. Nothing much y'know. I've been helping out some players who are just deciding to leave the safe zone, and of course trying to level up. I just hit level 13 actually.. Emblem put his hands in his pockets then began to walk out of the safezone. So anything new with you? Emblem pulled his sword out of his sheathe and observed it. Hmm I should head out that blacksmith you told me about again to get myself a new sword. This ones getting a bit old. Emblem looked around at the field before him searching for any mobs to kill.

(OOC: If it's okay with you can we have the mobs HP 26 so we can get some COL and if we add some Mit's some MATS?)

Cygnus gave Emblem a thumbs up when he said that he just hit level 13. "Nice job. I got to level 8 just a bit ago myself." He jokingly nudged his friend. "Looks like i'm catching up to you." He joked. As they left the safe zone, Cygnus put his guard up and drew his sword, coincidentally when Emblem commented on going back to Teion's shop to pick up a new weapon. He smiled proudly and held his sword for Emblem to see. "Now that you mention it, I got a new sword there myself. I call her Gavel. Beautiful, isn't she?"

It was at that time when he noticed a few mobs about 75 yards away. There were four enemies, each standing at about seven or eight feet tall. Cygnus looked closer. They looked like the golems they fought previously, but it was made of a different material. Its skin was slick and smooth, slightly reflective as well. It hit Cygnus then. It was made of steel. It must be a tougher enemy. He pointed the mob out to Emblem. "There. It looks like those golems, but they look like they're made of steel instead of stone." He got in a battle ready position. "Let's do this." He gritted his teeth and charged at the golem and bent his knee as he went for an attack, executing his Sword Art, Lightning. With a roar, he began wildly slashing at the mobs, their HP quickly dwindling under his assault. When he finished, the mob only had a small sliver of their HP left. "It's your chance now! Finish it!" He called out to Emblem.

[Yeah, sure! I'm cool with that. ^^]

Spoiler

B A T T L E !

Cygnus uses Sword Art: Lightning! BD: 7 (Hit!)

Small Steel Golem A, B, C, and D attack! MD: 2 (Miss!)

Cygnus HP: 32/32

Cygnus Energy: 0/8

Small Steel Golem A HP: 4/26

Small Steel Golem B HP: 4/26

Small Steel Golem C HP: 4/26

Small Steel Golem D HP: 4/26

Turn Log

Cygnus -8 Energy

Golem A -22 HP

Golem B -22 HP

Golem C -22 HP

Golem D -22 HP

Small Steel Golem Statblock

HP: 26

DMG: 6

MIT: 6

Edited by Cygnus

Emblem smiled as he saw how strong his Allie had become. he definitely was catching up to him. Emblem activated his sword skill Vertical Square. His blade flashed blue as he ran at the three golems. He sliced a straight line going down the continued until his attack formed a square. He gave one last slash killing all the monsters in a flash of light as blue polygons erupted from the now dead golems. He turned around at his companion. Holy Crap Cyg you really did get strong. Great job! Emblem sheathed his sword then looked at the drops to see what he and Cygnus had gotten from the mobs. He checked the window that popped open between the two and smiled. Well it looks like I'm one step closer to getting that new sword.

Spoiler

Small Steel Golem A HP0/26 *DEAD*

Small Steel Golem B HP0/26 *DEAD* 

Small Steel Golem C HP0/26 *DEAD* 

Small Steel Golem D HP0/26 *DEAD* 

<<Emblem>> 52/52 energy: 5/13

<<Cygnus>> 32/32 energy 0/8

ID: 63766

BD: 10

LD: 11 +1 = 12

Cygnus + 260 COL

Emblem + 260 COL

Cygnus chuckled nervously when Emblem praised him for how strong he became. "Hehe, thanks. I've been working hard." He smiled when the loot screen popped up. He was for sure satisfied at the loot he got. He lowered his sword but still kept it out. After a warm-up like that, he was ready for the main event. Those four golems were just enough to get his blood pumping. He looked at his energy gauge, however, and frowned. He'd have to wait a bit if he wanted to pull off a move like that again. "You've gotten stronger yourself though. Definitely stronger than when we last drew steel together." He shouldered his weapon. "So, my Energy is out now. It was a pretty flashy move, I admit, but I paid for it." He laughed lightly. "So, we can go after so more mobs if you'd like. I know i'd like to get to some more action. I just thought you'd want to know that i'm dry."

Emblem laughed then looked at his own gauge. it was mostly gone. He had used the same type of sword skill as Cygnus he and to agree it was quite flashy and dealt a decent amount of damage but took a large chunk of your energy away. After we take a quick break for you to get your energy up hopefully we can find some more of those to grind. They gave a good amount of Col after all and you can never have enough of that. Emblem sat on a nearby boulder. Keeping an eye out for anymore mob near them. So Cygnus. Have you made anymore friends sense we last met?

Cygnus let out a deep breath and relaxed just a little. He still kept an eye on the mobs around, however. He didn't like being surprised. When Emblem spoke to him, however, he turned his attention to the boy. "Oh? Friends? Yeah, i've made a lot of friends." He laughed. "It's funny. I didn't expect to meet so many people so ready to assist someone they don't even know." It honestly perplexed him at first. He was taught as a youth to never expect charity and to never accept it, especially. The way his father spoke, it was as if no one ever gave charity. He snapped back to reality and chuckled nervously. "Yeah, I just... didn't think people could be that giving."

Emblem smiled as his friend told him about the people he had met in SAOIt really is odd isn't it. That something this awful and Foreboding could bring people together like this but at the same time turn some into killers and thieves. Emblem thought for a second he had never really thought about this. It's something like how our brain percept fear. Some of us respond to fear in a disbelief way like some Pkers have. They don't really know if we do die when our HP hits 0 so they decide to believe against what Kayaba told us. But the people who believed it stood together and decided to work together to beat this game. It really is interesting. Emblem usually didn't talk or even think this philosophically so eh surprised himself with his thought. Well something like that I guess.

Cygnus chuckled as Emblem mused about the effect this game has had on people. It reminded him of a conversation he and Victor had way back when. He theorized that the motivation of Kayaba was to perform a social experiment. It seemed plausible at least. "Yes, it can be both inspiring and sad. Indeed, when you put people in a situation like this, you see the best and worst of humanity." He brought his weapon down and held it casually as he looked at his energy bar. He grinned as he saw it was full. The carnage could continue. "I'm full again by the way. So we can keep going when you're ready."

Emblem looked up underneath his health to see that his energy gauge had been filled up as well. Well alright then i'm ready to go when you are! Emblem pulled his sword out of it's sheath then rested the blade onto his shoulder. He began to walk away from where he had been sitting whistling to himself as he walked. He kept his eyes open for anymore mob's near him. usually floor 2 had a bunch of spawn points so it seemed weird to him that there weren't any monsters near him. He was itching for some battle and wanted badly for a mob to spawn near them.

Cygnus looked around when Emblem stated that he was ready whenever Cygnus was. The brunette frowned. No mobs were nearby. Just as he was about to vent his disappointment, the warrior spotted something that made him smile. A mob had just spawned some distance away from them. They were a small pack of Dire Wolves, just four in number. Two of them looked to be on guard, while the other two laid on the grass and cleaned themselves. "Hey, look over there. A few Dire Wolves just ripe for the picking." He smirked and readied his weapon. "Would you like to do the honors this time?" He grinned at his friend.

Edited by Cygnus

Emblem smiled. It'd be my pleasure. He readied his blade then charged at the wolves. as he ran he activated a sword skill as he ran. His blade turned to a bright shade of green. He jumped at the wolf then shoved his blade into their chest. He watched it's Hp drop down quite a bit. He jumped back then did the same to the others. This was probably by far his strongest sword skill. It was a 3 hit combo with a x2 damage multiplier. He jumped back next to Cygnus then readied his weapon preparing to see if it'll attack. Alright I think I got it's attention. Finish em off Cyg-! before he could finish his sentence the mobs jumped at him and scratched across his chest. He grit his teeth. then looked back at Cygnus. Get it!

Spoiler

<Emblem> 45/60 energy 3/15

<Cygnus> 36/36 energy 9/9

<Dire Wolf 1> 4/40

<Dire Wolf 2> 4/40

<Dire Wolf 3> 4/40

<Dire Wolf 4> 4/40

Sword Art: Sharp Nail (3x2) AOE -dealt 42 DMG

BD: 10

MD: 8

ID: 64058

Dire Wolf STATS:

HP 40

DMG 6

MIT 6

Cygnus watched as Emblem ran off to get the first strike in on the mob. He followed behind, ready to strike once Emblem gave him the go-ahead. When he did so, however, the wolf he was aiming for leapt right out of the way of his blade. He cursed in frustration and held his blade at the ready, ready to defend himself if the mob attempted a counterattack. He hated missing like this. It was embarrassing. Hopefully, Emblem could succeed where he failed and finish them off. He hoped so, anyway.

Spoiler

B A T T L E

ID# 64059

Cygnus attacks! BD: 4 (Miss!)

Cygnus HP: 32/32

Cygnus Energy: 6/8

Cygnus Hate: 0

Turn Log

Cygnus -2 Energy

Edited by Cygnus

Emblem looked up at his energy to see that he didn't really have much left anymore. But all he needed was one last sword art to take care of the mobs. Emblem then looked towards his HP to see that a huge chunk of it was taken away when the dire wolves attacked him. It was almost in the yellow zone. Come to think of it Emblem couldn't remember the last time his Hp actually hit the yellow zone but today wasn't going to be the first. Emblem charged at the mobs. Luckily he had just enough energy to use a quick attack to at least deal some damage to the wolves. He really hoped that Cygnus could just finish the wolves of and quickly before they could get off another attack. He swung at the wolves barely taking of any health.

Spoiler

<Emblem> 45/60 energy 1/15

<Cygnus> 36/36 energy 7/9

<Dire Wolf 1> 3/40

<Dire Wolf 2> 3/40

<Dire Wolf 3> 3/40

<Dire Wolf 4> 3/40

Sword Art: Horizontal (1x1) AOE -dealt 1 DMG

BD: 8

MD: 2

ID: 64075

Dire Wolf STATS:

HP 40

DMG 6

MIT 6

Cygnus growled at the wolves, dashing forward and executing his Sword Art, Eruption. With a roar, the warrior charged forward , pivoting on his heel and cleaving the weakened mobs in two before they exploded in a shower of pixels. Cygnus slicked his hair back and grinned, turning his attention to Emblem. "Nice work!" He sheathed his sword and transferred half of what the mobs gave to Emblem. "I hit a rough patch there for a second, but I think it worked out okay." He stretched. "So, wanna head back to town? We can go after some more mobs if you want, though." 

Spoiler

<Battle>

ID# 64099

Cygnus uses Sword Art: Eruption (-6 Energy)

BD: 8 (Hit)

18 damage to Dire Wolf 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Cygnus HP; 36/36

Cygnus Energy: 2/9

<Dire Wolf 1> 0/40

<Dire Wolf 2> 0/40

<Dire Wolf 3> 0/40

<Dire Wolf 4> 0/40

Loot: 4 Materials, 800 Col

2 Materials and 400 Col transferred to Emblem!

Edited by Cygnus

Emblem smiled. yeah nice job! Emblem looked up at his energy which was mostly depleted and his health slowly regenerating. Yeah I think we should play it safe and head back. Emblem stretched out his arm then sheathed his blade. He began to walk back to town with his friend. So we got pretty lucky with the mob drops. I should have enough now to continue working with tank gear now.  Emblem looked around at his surroundings as eh walked. He never spent that much time on floor 2 so everything he saw looked pretty new to him. 

+400 COL

+2 MATS

Edited by Emblem

Cygnus nodded in response, turning around and heading back to town. As they did, Cygnus struck up a conversation. "Today was pretty productive. We've got some Col, got some materials... yes, I would say that this excursion was a success." He looked up at the sky and smiled. The brunette loved going out and hunting mobs. While he could do it alone, it was always much better with a friend. He liked that Emblem always seemed willing to go hunting with him, that was why he thought to message him first to begin with. He dreamed about the days ahead, when him and Emblem could hunt mobs on the upper floors. That was going to be a glorious day. He turned to the younger guy as they continued on their way. "Thanks for giving me a hand. It was a lot of fun." The warrior smiled at him.

Emblem smiled. No problem! I think we could call this a success. maybe soon we can head up to the higher floors to go hunting. Emblem liked the feeling of having someone he could trust like Cygnus. It seemed funny that he had met him not too long ago and they had grown to pretty good friends. Cygnus reminded him of one of his first friends in Aincrad Goldenarroz. Emblem hadn't seen him in what seemed like forever. For all he knew Gold was long gone but Emblem hated to think about that. Emblem walked into the town and yawned. It was quite a battle he was just in and was excited for a nice rest.