SP-F4: "Feeding the Enemy: Captured!"

Esther frowned, sure...Lycan hadn't treated her too kindly lately - but when he did treat her with ire, he seemed so filled with regret. There was no way there was anything Esther could do anything to him that he hadn't already done to himself. Time and time again, Lycan had helped her, he had put up with her. Surely his ire toward her now wasn't without reason. She just wanted to make things up to him. "B-better than...coward pervert stalker like you." She retorted, her brows furrowed, tears stinging the corners of them. Her comment caused Dekkar to give a 'Ha!'

"Boy, she's got you down to a T- Addel, eh?" Dekkar said with a laugh. 

Esther couldn't move her body. She was trying, she was trying the entire time with all her might, but her limps felt like lead - it was a struggle just to talk. She wanted desperately to contact someone....anyone....the first person she wanted to talk to, was Lycan - something didn't add up, and she was scared for him. Worried for him. The next...anyone else...Domarus maybe...or Mari...

Help

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addel slapped his knee, offering Esther a fake laugh. "Didn't think you had any bite in you, Phoebe." Emphasis was placed on her name, her real name. As though using it held some sort of power over her. Addel used the back of his hand to stroke Esther's cheek. His voice softened. "Fact of the matter is, I've been watching you for a reason. You interest me. From the moment your bright form strolled down that dark ally, to the moment you somehow managed to tame the wildcard, famed Pker Mari. I want to know how you do all this with nothing more than a sweet. Innocent. Smile."

Dekkar cleared his throat, "Yo Addel, I don't know how long that potion's gonna last. Shouldn't we get back to the base soon?"

Addel held up a reassuring hand toward Dekkar, his blue eyes still focused on Esther. "We won't need it. I'm sure Esther will join us willingly." He brushed tendrils of lilac hair away from her eyes. "Isn't that right Esther? You'll come with me, and Dekkar, because you're curious. You're a very curious kitten, are you not?"

Esther frowned, she wasn't able to twist away from Addel's grip, despite the tingling feeling in her feet. Dekkar was right. The potion was slowly wearing off. She chanced wriggling her toes in her shoes. Success If Esther kept Addel talking, she'd be able to side-track him, just long enough to escape, to write a message to Mari or Domarus....There was a very small chance Arc would help, if she paid him the right price. If Esther could, she would have lowered her head at the thought of the other name...Lycan Lycan wouldn't bother coming, would he? Especially at the mention of Addel. 

"If you're so interested in me, why'd you involve Lycan in all this?" Esther muttered, her speech was stuttered, tongue still heavy from the effects of the potion, her tone was questioning. Pleading with him.

Addel shook his head in response. "Esther. Lycan was involved in the beginning. Why do you think he managed to just 'make' an antidote so easily? Why do you think he grew so flustered? It's because of you you were beginning to get to him. He felt that he couldn't do his job. So, against my wishes - he took it out on you. Don't worry, he's not part of our guild. He barely knows us, but the call of Col is a strong one. Not one that you seem to care about, it seems."

Esther didn't want to believe Addel, the way he spoke about Lycan. It wasn't true. It couldn't be true. And yet...it seemed to make some sense...Lycan was the one who approached her when they first met. Did he just use her from the start? Just for some Col or Materials? It didn't make sense...did it? Esther thought about his angry outbursts, how he accused her of being Pker bait, of being a cheat and a liar - was he just pushing his own guilt on her? 

Esther didn't want to believe it. Her body shook slightly, as she forced her eyes shut. Tears pooled at the corner, and a few streaked down her face. Addel was quick to wipe them away. "Shh, it's fine- you have every right to feel betrayed. He used you, he broke his promise to you."

Addel let her go at this point, and Esther, having no way to control her bodies movements, fell directly into his lap. Addel didn't seem to mind, his eyes busy on his HUD, he pulled out a small vial from his inventory. "I'm going to be honest with you, Esther. I will use you to gain what I want. My friend Dekkar here, is a mastermind at manipulation, at breaking the mind. He excels at making people snap. He's interested in you too, Esther. You're a rarity in this world. A pure shining beacon of hope amidst the drivel of despiar, we want to know what makes you tick." As he spoke, he gently caressed Esther's cheek. 

"But I can assure you, I won't treat you the way Lycan has. Before long, I'll have you trailing behind me, like the good little kitten you are."

Edited by Esther

Esther's eyes widened in fear as Addel spoke of his plans so non-nonchalantly, as though the cruel, horrendous acts were commonplace for him. Please, someone help Esther forced her eyes shut, the tingling in her feet had shifted up to her legs. Soon...Soon she'd be able to move again, she just had to keep him talking a little longer. "I'm not....your Kitten Addel. Whatever you do to me...it won't stop others like me." she muttered, thoughts travelling back to Rin and her sweet, innocent smile. Her warm touch, her soft eyes. "You can't squash hope. It's an ideal. It's immortal."

Her words made Addel grin in amusement. "So defiant, even now. We could kill you Esther, yet you don't give up. You don't back down. You're so incredibly stubborn. That's so interesting." He mused, twirling the vial in his hand. 

"Addel, time." Dekkar warned, his eyes on Esther. Addel waved Dekkar off, "Yes, Yes. Don't worry. I said she'd come willingly."

The way Addel said that she would come willingly...it didn't sit right with Esther, she didn't trust his words. They were said with such a dark, malicious intent. "Liar..." Esther mumbled.

Addel lowered the potion down to Esther's field of vision. "I'll make you drink this. This one, is actually not one of ours - cute kid on the 3rd floor made it. Want to see its effects?" He asked, opening up the information display.

Comforting Potion
When two people drink this, they find immense comfort in one another 

Addel placed a finger under her chin, forcing her to look up at him. "Sweet, isn't it Esther. Almost sounds like something you'd make right?"  Esther glanced away, he was right. It sounded exactly like something she would make. She wasn't sure why he was holding it, or how he was planning on using it against her. He didn't seem like the type of person to just place himself under the influence of a potion.

Addel gestured for Dekkar to come closer, "Got what  I need ready?" Dekkar gave a nod, fishing another small potion out of his front pocket, wordlessly. Addel gave Dekkar a nod, and uncorked the Comforting Potion with his teeth. He spat the cork out to the side, "You're probably wondering, Esther - what I plan to do with this. You're wondering how it's going to work." Addel leaned forward, pressing his forward to Esther's. Esther visibly twitched,and tried to push him away, lifting her arms up, but they were still, ever so slightly, too heavy. "In just a few more minutes that potion that Dekkar gave you will wear off, but I want you to come with me Esther. I told you - you'd come with me, of your own accord." His grin grew, "I just may have failed to mention a potion or two will be involved." 

Addel lifted his head, just enough to pour the potion into his mouth. He swallowed half, then pressed his lips tightly to Esther's, forcing the sickly sweet concoction into her throat. Esther choked, and droplets of the potion drizzled down her chin and neck. She gave a sound of protest before her eyes glazed, and she swallowed. The bitter cold of the air around her seemed far off, and the tingling sensation in her limbs began to dissolve.

Esther's eyes rolled into the back of her head, she could feel herself slipping away. If only she hadn't been so foolish, if only she hadn't had been so trusting...if only she was kinder, this would never have happened. Her eyes fluttered close, and the last few tears rolled down her cheek, the last of Esther trailing down her skin to fall into the pale, white snow.

Edited by Esther

Esthers thoughts were clouded, she could hear a faint talking, and a scramble. If she were to open her eyes, she'd see Dekkar quickly giving a very reluctant Addel an antidote. Leaving Esther as the only one to be under it's effects. She groaned, feeling the warmth of another person seeping into her trembling form. What was I....doing again? Her eyes fluttered open. Hazed, as though a glassy sheet was pulled over her normally brilliant irises. They looked up at Addel, who was leaning over her, tenderly stroking her cheeks.

"A...Addel?"

The name felt funny as she spoke it, somewhere, in the back of her mind, she felt like it was almost sinful to say his name with such familiarity, such warmth. Still. It sounded so right saying it. Esther slowly opened and closed her eyes. Feeling groggy, she repeated his name. "Addel..." she weakly lifted her arms, trying to catch hold of his own cheeks, but they faltered, falling heavily back down to her sides.

"W-what...happened?"

She felt so warm, his presence was so comforting. She exhaled slowly, pressing her head into Addel's lap. 

"You were poisoned, Esther. By Lycan." Addel said with a devious grin. It had worked. The innocent girl was like putty in his hands. All he had to do now, was slowly mould her into what he wanted, and what he needed. 

"W-what....Lycan wouldn't..." Esther paused. He and her had a big fight didn't they? She weakly bought up her friends list. Lycan was missing from it. Esther recalled being hurt, she recalled Lycan screaming at her, and her begging for him to stop...but to stop what?

Addel carefuly helped Esther up, his touch bought her such comfort and warmth. Even as she was sitting , she couldn't help but turn her body into his. Resting her head on his shoulder. Parts of her screamed that this was wrong, but she couldn't deny the amazing feeling of peace being in Addel's arms bought. When was the last time she felt this warm? When was the last time Esther felt this at peace? The Lilac haired woman could feel Addel gently running his hand through her hair, and Esther practically melted into him, not wanting the moment to end she reached out and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Addel..."

"Yes Esther?"

"W...when did this happen?"

Addel's actions froze, and Esther gave a murmur of discontent till he started again. Esther kept her eyes closed. Head firmly between the gap of his neck and shoulder. Addel was silent for a moment, before speaking up. "You don't remember? That's alright. You will soon. Here." He shifted,standing. "Let's get going."

Esther nodded, carefully standing with Addel. "R-right...my head hurts..."

She glanced around. The floor was a mess, it looked like there were signs of a struggle. There were Ermines peeking their heads out from the logs, and feed scattered across the floor. "F...feed..." Esther bent down, not hearing Addel's grunt of annoyance, as she picked up some of the familiar feed. "I think....I was trying to tame one of these guys...."

Edited by Esther

ID68330: LD:14 + 4 = 18 SUCCESS!

Esther picked up some of the fallen feed, and held her hand out to one of the curious Ermines. It sniffed at her hand - inching ever closer. slowly....slowly...slowly...till finally, it nibbled at her hand - and she was successful. Esther vagually remembered wanting to have on with a skill, but why was that again? She shook her head, it was difficult to think, her thoughts kept trailing back to how comforting Addel's presence was. 

A name input screen appeared, and Esther wrote the name 'Fidget' without giving it much thought, it was the first name that came to mind, aside from Addel, and she couldn't exactly name her familiar that now, could she?

Meanwhile, both Dekkar and Addel watched. Dekkar made a comment about how the potion didn't seem as strong when they first tested it - the unwitting victim couldn't stand to be away from Addel, yet here Esther was - distracted by familiars. Still, her eyes were glazed and it was clear she was under the effect of the potion.

Esther slowly stood, the snowy white Ermine looped around her neck. "I did it...." She said, approaching Addel and slipping her hand into his, instantly - she was filled with an undeniable warmth. One she didn't want to let go. Esther squeezed tighter. Addel cackled in response. Leading Esther away. "Well, I am true to my word, Esther - you're going to be a delight when we're done with you." 

Edited by Esther

2 days later
Floor 2: Black Adder Guild Hall

It had been two days since Esther had unwittingly followed Addel and Dekkar down to the second floor. Time was of little relevance to Esther. She was in a dark room, arms chained above her, her head groggy from the constant influx of potions. She couldn't remember how she had gotten here, she struggled to remember a lot of things. When was the last time she was allowed to have sleep? Esther groaned.

"Ah, conscious again?" Dekkar approached her, lifting her face up to meet his. "Quite the fighter aren't you? Most people would have cracked by now, you have spunk kid. Still...You're showing signs of wear and tear, another week of this, and we won't even need potions with you." He popped the lid off a vial of green liquid. Esther recoiled. "Nasty one ain't it? removing pain limiters. Who was it that designed his again? Oh that's right...Mari." Dekkar grinned, pouring the potion down Esther's throat, clamping her mouth shut till every last drop was swallowed. "There. that wasn't too bad now was it, now - who are you?"

Esther didn't answer.

THWAK

"
Who are you?"

"E-Esther."

THWAK Dekkar bought the back of hand across her face again, ignoring the cry of pain that the chained girl emitted. They had been doing this for the last two days, non stop. Using the carrot and stick device. Dekkar being the stick, and Addel, being the carrot. Despair, Pain, Hope, soothing comfort. Carefully administering the two to Esther in controlled bursts. Dekkar had to hand it to Addel. He was going all out with this girl.

Her existence was being strictly watched, her waking hours - her sleeping hours, every moment Esther was going through psychological harassment. Putting her into a state of complete and utter Obedience. 

"You're Addel's pet." Dekkar stated, holding Esthers head toward him. "Addel owns you. He owns your mind, he owns your body, he owns your friends and your materials. Esther, no loner exists. It's just a mere title. Nothing more."

After another gruelling session with Dekkar - Esther was left alone. 10 minutes...she had 10 minutes before her next session. Esther forced her eyes shut. She knew she couldn't hold out forever, even now - she didn't entirely feel like herself. She struggled, tugging on the chains till her arms were loose enough to open up her HUD in front of her. She didn't have much time, it was difficult to think straight. She had to do something...message someone, anyone.

To: Arc
Subject:
imha ppy ive found my friends from the real world, my boyfriend too. please look after Lye.
Don't com efind me. I'll visit soon.

With that, she sent the message. As soon as the closed her HUD, the steel door to her dark room opened, and in stepped Addel. "Hello, pet." Esther's eyes twitched, and her chest tightened. His steps toward her were painfully slow, his leather shoes echoing. "Let me help you with that." His words were gentle, as he got rid of her chains, allowing her form to weakly fall into him. "Isn't that better pet?' Addel shifted, so he was sitting comfortably on the floor, Esther still in his lap. "I'm glad, we've gotten to the point where you don't run, I'd hate to paralyse you." His words were masked as a compliment, but in actuality, they were driving home the point that he was winning - that Esther didn't have the energy to try and run when she was released. His hands gently glided through Esther's hair. "Do you like that?"  Esther didn't respond, her eyes were heavy. The only time she was allowed sleep was when Addel was around. She could feel her eyelids fluttering, heavy with fatigue.

"It's ok pet. You rest." 

Esther wanted to kick, to scream, to bite that smirk off his face and spit it back out at him, but she was so tired....so tired, and cold - her body ached from pain, and Addel's presence still bought her comfort. The potion he had fed her back on the 4th floor either didn't expire, or was still in effect. Esther groaned, feeling sleep quickly overtaking her. why? why is he so comfortable?

When Esther woke, she found herself in different attire - she wore a long, revealing silken gown adorned with gold embellishments. Addel, much to her surprise - had fallen asleep next to her - his hand draped loosely around her waist. Even evil must rest sometime Esther thought to herself. She blinked. This was her chance, another message.

To: Domarus
Subject:
i H opE to see you soon, but i;l L be busy for a long while. P lease take care.

Esther sent it. Then turned to her captor. Staring down at Addel, his eyes closed, his chest slowly heaving up and down. He looked almost innocent. Esther furrowed her brow, she felt wrong for gaining such feeling of comfort from him, but a part of her also knew that it was the potions that she had been forced. Still...The lilac haired girl reached out to brush his golden locks out of his face. Just as she had done so, a hand reached out and grabbed her wrist. His blue eyes stared up at her in shock. As though he didn't intend to fall asleep. 

"Well...." Addel began, with a smirk. "Look at you being an affectionate kitten. He reached out to brush his fingers against Esther's cheek but she recoiled. "Oh. Shame." Addel pulled Esther forward, his grip tightening around her wrist. "Just as I thought you were warming up to me, you go and be a skittish kitten." He deftly pulled out a vial, "It's a good thing we have ways of dealing with skittish kittens, no?" Esther recognised it - it was a paralysis potion. She stopped moving and lowered her head. 

"S-Sorry."

"Mmm? What was that? Are you apologising? who are you apologising too, pet?"

Esther bit her tongue, furious at Addel. Still, she had to do what he said, else he'd paralyse her and tie her up again - then she'd be back to square one  with the punishments, if she played nice with him - then she wouldn't be hurt as bad later.  "S-Sorry....Master." The way she had said it, it was dripping with annoyance, with frustration, but even so - Addel was satisfied with her answer. 

"A pet who listens is rewarded." Addel mused, letting go of her wrist and choosing to pat her on the head instead.  "I have to admit. You look quite ravishing." He murmured. His eyes dancing over her form. The silken material left very little to the imagination. "Here I thought we weren't going to dress you till you were ready to parade around."

Esther grimaced, remembering Lycan's hurtful words, she instinctively wrapped her arms around herself - covering herself up.

"Don't cover yourself up. I enjoy looking at you." Addel said, his words were an attempt at a compliment - but it did not mask his leecherous tone. Esther shook her head. "Give me my old clothes." She wasn't going to let Addel have the satisfaction of looking at her, she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of winning. If she had it her way. she'd go down kicking and screaming. Unbeknown to her captors. She had sent out several messages. Distancing herself from those she once called friends. Of course - now, her friends list was empty. Addel made sure of that whilst she was paralysed. Forcing her to de-friend everyone on her list. Now she had placed warnings out - Esther could only pray that they all stayed away.

"That's not a nice way to talk to your master, my pet." Addel threatened, as he stood. "We've tried playing nice, and it's been fun but if you don't mind. I need to get a move on with my plans."  With a tug on the pulley system, Addel had pulled Esther back up again, so she was left standing with her arms up above her head. 

"Now that's a better view." He mused, dusting off the flimsy material that covered Esther's chest. "Still, I have time to enjoy myself later. First thing's first, my pet..." He turned, and called out to someone behind the door. In walked Dekkar, and a man that seemed familiar to Esther, his hair a similar shade of crimson to Dekkars, although his build was much slimmer. He wore a suit, and glasses. He gave a small nod to Esther. "Pleasure to meet you again."

Esther's eyes grew wide when she made the connection. He was there the night Lycan snapped. "w-what did you do?" Esther questioned, tugging on her chains she became more violent, as though all the energy she had depleted over the last two days had suddenly reappeared. "What did you DO to him!?"

Allison, the waiter from the night glanced sideward at Addel, then to the other - at Dekkar. Both were remaining quiet. He shrugged, approaching Esther. "I didn't do anything, nothing that he wouldn't have done himself." Allison commented, pushing his glasses up the ridge of his nose. "You see Esther. All I did was place a potion in the scone he ate. It's not my fault the boy seemed to harbor some ill will toward you. It could have gone either way." Allison slowly began circling Esther - "I'm not an Alchemist, so I don't know for sure, but to my understanding - the potion could have done a number of things." Allison reached up,fingers tracing her upper left arm. As though he were sizing her up. "It could have made him quite literally jump you in a fevered lusty fit. Could have made him cry, or laugh - but no. This potion, made him want to kill you. So it makes me wonder. If this Lycan kid is really all he's cracked up to be. Still..."

Allison turned to Addel. "Lycan's the one who messed you up yeh?"

"Yeh. He and Arc. They'll learn not to f**k with the Black Adder Guild."

Allison nodded. "Still, Esther. You defend him. We're deviants,we manipulate the mind - but there are some things we cannot manipulate, whatever ill will he harboured toward you, was his doing, not ours. We simply amplified it."

Esther didn't want to believe his words. "Liar.." She hissed, attempting to kick him. "Lycan wouldn't do that. He wouldn-"

"Ah but he did." Allison interrupted. "He did and it tears you up inside, how could a friend say such things? How could a friend think such things? Truth is, Esther. All people think like that. Sans the stupid few." He gestured toward herself. "The sooner you believe that, the better off you'll be, now please stop squirming. I'm trying to get the positioning of this tattoo right."  Allison held her arm again - and Esther could feel his fingers dancing across his skin forming an intricate pattern. "W-what are you doing? Get off me. OFF!" Esther tried to swing her body back and forth, but Allison's grip was strong. He pulled away - "Done." He turned on his heel and waved himself out the room. 

"I really don't need to see whatever else you two have planned. Call me when you need me."

Allison had left a single mark upon Esthers upper arm, a black snake wrapped around a sword which had scales on either side of its handle. The sign of the Black Adders, the sign of the underground Alchemist guild. They had branded Esther with their mark. Signalling that she was their property.

Now that Allison had done his job, it was Dekkars turn. Dekkar turned and shut the door behind Allison. "Don't want anyone coming in."

Esther felt a lump in her throat, what did he mean by not wanting anyone to come in? Up until now, she had endured a variety of mental, emotional and physical punishment, but nothing so heinous to have the doors locked. Oh god... Esther didn't like where this was going She didn't like not being able to see what had been done to her arm, why it tingled. 

"The hell you going to do now?" Esther muttered. 

Dekkar didn't answer, he seemed to be busy going through his inventory. Muttering ingredients to himself. Instead, Addel spoke up, running a hand through his blonde hair. "Yes puppet, what are we going to do now? Better yet, what are you going to do." He clasped his hands together. "I didn't lie, my pet. You interest me. Two days. Two days we have been at this game, and just when I think we almost have you. BOOM!" He held his arms out wide, as though mimicking an explosion. "You jump right back up to his defence. You seem to rally some energy from god knows where, and it's both amazing, and incredibly annoying. Normally, my pet....Dekkar would relish in breaking a mind as strong as yours, but we don't have time for that. No - the cogs have been set into motion and we're all just dancing along the spokes to our demise."

Addel grinned, "Oh but I'm monologuing aren't I, cliche'd bad guy thing right?" He laughed at his own joke. "To get to the point, Esther. Lycan and Arc, they messed with the wrong people. You were an incredibly easy target- and your relationship with Lycan and Arc - it's what we are going to use to break them." 

Addel stepped closer to Esther, just inches away from her face. "We're merely the instigators, pet, you're the one who is going to kill them."

Esther's eyes widened at his words. His vicious cruel words. Just because Lycan and Arc threatened and embarrassed Addel they were willing to go to such lengths? Why? Just to teach them a lesson....? It didn't make sense, and it made less sense to involve her. "I won't do it." Esther muttered. Glancing away from Addel. There was no words that Addel could possibly use that would make her do such a heinous thing. No amount of fancy talking, or circling or manipulation would make Esther change her stance- She was at her very core a pacifist. "I don't care what you do to me. You won't hurt them." 

Esther glanced back toward Addel, she couldn't tell him that she'd sent them messages to stay away, that'd alert him - and he may just paralyse her, and use her HUD to send them more messages, just like he wiped her friend list. "Your friend said it himself. Lycan hates me right? Arc isn't exactly my friend either. Surely you guessed that from all your scouting and spying. Why on earth would you think they'd come here to help me?"

Esther had full resolve in her words, she believed every syllable she uttered,which made it hurt all the more. Those two...wouldn't come. 

"I think you have me mistaken." Addel said with a sneer, "If they come here or not, I don't care - As I said, you're going to find them. you're going to kill them.  He reached out, and tied a black blindfold over her eyes. "That would destroy them wouldn't it?" He whispered in her ear, "and finally, break you enough for me to have you - without the use of Alchemy."

Esther struggled as the blindfold was placed over her eyes. She couldn't exactly rip it off in her current situation. At least he hadn't paralysed her yet. Her vision was blackened, and all Esther could do was lower her head, and listen to the conversation that both Addel and Dekkar were having.

Dekkar spoke first, "Okay. So deal is. You give this to her, and it'll have her entranced. Whoever she sees first, is the person she'll wholeheartedly follow. Throwing her entire being toward them." Dekkar pointed the vile of black liquid toward Addel. "That person, being you. Thing is, it's pretty experimental, you wanted me to make it really strong - so I did but, I don't know what kind of side effects it may have." Dekkar pulled several more vials of the same liquid from his inventory. "You'll need to re-administer the dose every 24 hours. Else it'd wear off. I don't know how her mind will handle multiple doses."

Addel took the vials. "Don't matter. Worst case scenario is?"

Dekkar wiped his nose with the back of his hand. "Yer left with an empty shell."

Addel grinned, "I don't see a bad side." He turned on his heel, and approached Esther again. "Hear all that pet? You're being awfully quiet. You know what I'm about to do, don't you?"

Esther had grown incredibly silent, incredibly still - trying to hear every word that the two said. It was so horrendous...they didn't seem to care what happened to her, or to her friends. Esther had half a mind to assume that they'd betray each other at a moments notice. Esther could hear Addel approach, he goaded her, but she refused to reply. It didn't matter. It didn't matter what they did to her, or how they did it. As long as her friends stayed away.

Please gods let them all stay away

She could feel the gold tip of the glass vial as it was pressed against her lip. The deadly concoction smelt oddly enough, like strawberries. Why something so dark and malicious had such a sweet smell, she did not know. Esther felt Addel press down on her jaw with his fingers, forcing it open. Please no the liquid was thick, almost like a milkshake, but it had a very,very bitter taste. Please no please... Esther could feel her body shaking. How was she going to stop this? Dekkar said it was the first person she saw right....So all she had to do was keep her eyes closed?

Her head felt heavy. Then numb. Lye....Arc....Mari...Domarus....Rin....She replayed all her friends faces in her mind. The friends she missed dearly, the friends she hoped so desperately she'd never see again. Everyone would be so much safer without her. Not now...not like this. Tears formed and spilled out from beneath the blindfold. 

"How long till it takes effect?" 
"Now should be good. Just don't let her see me. I don't need a girl following me around." Dekkar snorted. "Get back to me when it's a toned man with a pert ass."

There was a shift, and Esther forced her eyes shut. keep them shut, keep them shut, keep them shut. She could feel a finger pry one of her eyes open, and her heart sunk, there he stood, at first his visage was blurred, then he came into view as she slowly opened both her eyes, glazed and Marred with an inky blackness as she stared directly at Addel.