[PP-F1] The Dire wolf <Lycan, Kuro>

[PP-F1] The Dire wolf <Lycan, Kuro>

Kuro walked through the town of beginnings wondering if he should go out and defeat some monsters, or was, till he overheard an NPCman talking to a player about a creature that is fearless and strong. "hmm." he listened in on their talk and recieved the creatures name. "The Dire Wolf" is what he heard.

when the individual talking to the NPC left Kuro had already gotten himself some info on the creature for free, apparently the creature dwells within a small cave entrance leading to a sub dungeon. The dire wolf was supposed to have a rare coat of fur that could go for a pretty penny and Kuro was a little lacky in col.

"but im level one.. i won't be able to survive this one on my own... crap" he cursed himself for not leveling earlier, then he looked around for anyone looking stronger than himself. having not much luck with the searching he kept looking and looking.

Lycan ran his hand through his platinum hair with a huff and a sigh. His early morning started with a face full of well water and a rather upset innkeep. While people were fighting on the front lines to escape, the idea of SAO as a game faded from the minds of others. Apparently, this innkeep valued fictional currency - something of which Lycan was a little scarce.

"Yuck... Just about dry..." the teen muttered aloud before shielding his eyes from the bright overhead light of the artificial sun. "Thank god it's a good weather setting."

The teen shifted his body on the length of a town bench. The soft babble of the waterfall behind him threatened to put the swordsman back to sleep. It was a notion he wasn't particularly against, considering the abrupt wake up call. With a stretch and a yawn, Lycan crooked his arm behind his head and relocated the toothpick in his mouth to the other side. 

'Seesh,' he thought to himself. 'What's a guy got to do for a quick penny around here?'

while searching for someone that looked a higher level than him, which was anyone since he was level one, he'd caught sight of a swordsman sitting with a pick in his mouth.

"he looks like he'd be up for a little hunting" kuro's mouth became a smirk as he thought of getting the rare material from the dire wolf itself. He walked over with his arms to his sides and said nonchalantly "you seem to be strong, am i correct in assuming this?". Kuro was equipped in his black starter's shirt and tanish brown starter pants, along with a weak starting one handed longsword that shined like it was brand new.

he obviously hadn't been out hunting since he'd logged in but Kuro had a smirking confidence like he knew something the others didn't. if the swordsman could tell that Kuro was lying then he might have gotten angry, but Kuro kept his cool because there was nothing to be angry about.

"if you'd like i have a job for you" Kuro sounded young, even though he was 15 he seemed to be 13.

Kuro was hiding it but inside he was wanting to hunt so much he would explode if he let it out. 

"Hmm?" Lycan groaned as the shadow of a youth crossed over his warm rays of sun. He plucked the toothpick from his mouth and turned to the brazen lad.

"Strong?" he repeated, shifting himself to a seated position.

His amber eyes narrowed as he took in the person before him. Young, clad in unassuming gear.

'A bait?' the teen questioned internally. 'No... not that...'

"Strong isn't something you say in a place governed my numbers. Strong is an illusion. What you're looking for is resolve. The willpower to get something done."

Lycan paused.

"So no, I'm not strong. I'm commited to my cause, and that's all I need."

The swordsman ran his fingers through his hair once more. This time, his hands came through dry. Lycan ruffled his scalp, letting the hairs fall naturally in their messy style.

"What's your name, kid?" Lycan asked, bringing the toothpick to his lips in a studious glare. "... And what's the job?"

"not strong, but committed..." he stood there with his hand on his chin as he thought. 'so he is commited.. he should do just fine i guess'. Kuro noticed the swordsman staring him down and crossed his arms, Kuro hated being judged but judged people in his mind all the time.

"I am known as Kuro, and about the job, it's to help me find and defeat the dire wolf in its sub dungeon here on floor one. and for pay i was going to give you a cut of the dropped items. but just for your information, i need to be able to get the last attack on it." Kuro knew he was most likely spouting more info then he should since the swordsman had not yet agreed to help him but to make sure that the swordsman wasn't in the dark and felt comfortable taking it he let it out.

Kuro swiped his finger and the menu window appeared, he tapped the "items" option and scrolled until he got to his starting one handed straight sword that was obviously beginner equipment and showed the other teen the blade after it pixelated in his right hand

"this is why i need your help for this job, i myself am only level one and couldn't do it on my own.. so you up or no?"

Lycan took a deep breath and crinkled his nose.

"Sub dungeon?" he repeated with a flared lip. "Neither of us are ready for a sub dungeon.  But... If it's a Dire Wolf you're after, there's more than one place to hunt those."

Lycan flicked his toothpick to the floor. The stick hit a cobblestone, bounced, then split into glittering shards as it defragmented from the Cardinal system. He reached his hand to his neckline and pulled out a series of fangs and bones lashed together with sinew belonging to the maw of an Alpha Dire Wolf.

"I've had a little experience with that myself."

Lycan let the necklace fall to his chest as he lifted himself upright. He rolled his shoulders to work the blood back into them from lying on the hard bench. When he finished, the boy produced his standard issue straight sword. The memory caused Lycan to grin.

"We should be getting you materials or Col first, but..." Lycan accessed his menus and equipped Harbinger to his back. "I like your zeal."

He gripped his own longsword from his back and produced it with a metallic song of steel. The one handed straight sword caught light along its honed edge, and drew the eyes to the large fang molded into the guard.

"Let's kill us a Dire wolf, shall we? I'll follow you to the exit." Lycan sheathed his sword. "Head to the forests in the north and look for an opening in the trees. If you see passive deer mobs, we're getting close."