[PP-F3] Theseus' Legacy <<Search for the Hoya>> (Complete)

To: Beatbox

---

What's up? Sorry for not reaching out to the you at that event on Floor 2, I had to run some errands for the shop and my familiar was alone for longer than I like her to be. Hope the event went smoothly ^.^

So I wondering if you're up for a quest? Meet me by the entrance of the Forest of Wavering Mists at around 5 if you are, I'll be busy around the shop so there's no guarantee I'll see reply until 4:30.

Anyway, sorry for the random message. Hope you're well!

~Birdie

By the entrance of the misty forest, Birdie perched atop a fence and read through the message she'd sent that morning. The public event on the second floor had been a few days passed and she hadn't made an effort to reach out to anybody since. Despite this being usual behaviour for the socially disinclined girl, she felt a tad guilty for leaving the ones she did know without a goodbye. Her eyes had come across Beatbox's name first and the message had practically written itself - half a day later, she found herself in the place the message entailed they should meet.

Maybe's he just busy.. everybody gets busy, don't they? Her eyes shifted towards the fields that surrounded the unnerving forest, watching for any sign of movement. Though she hadn't directly encountered them, player killers were always a looming threat amongst unsuspecting prey. If there was even the semblance a chance she could fall victim to one, she'd need to remain weary.

Her head began to droop forwards.

Eyes closed.

Slumped against a fence post.

Zzz..

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox was sleeping in the park tree's on floor 3, he didn't have much to do today. He yawned with his eyes closed and Ocarina on his chest. Suddenly he had received a message, he thought it was from Itzal wanting to do something again, however... it was from Birdie. He opened the message and read it, he yawned again after reading it and figured that he would help her out on the quest, he woke his familiar up and fell from the tree branch. He landed on his two feet and wiped the dust off of him. His familiar climbed down the tree and climbed up to his shoulder. He started walking to the location in which she had spoke of. He eventually found himself at the location in which she had spoke, and he was looking from side to side, he was looking for where she was. Until he eventually found where she was... she slumped against a fence post and was asleep. He giggled and looked at his familiar. His familiar went up to Birdie and sniffed her, Ocarina eventually pawed at her and wanted to see if she was awake, heck even alive.

The resting bird stirred in her sleep, something soft tickled the hairs on her arms. A warm smile came over her lips as she rolled her head to side a little. "S-stop.. stop iiit..nooo, A-" Her eyes partially opened, the girl started to wake up. Her sentence stopped mid-way as she made out the silhouette of a small fluffy creature pawing at her curiously. "Hm..? Wha!?" 

She shot up from the ground, dashing a few feet away before turning on the balls of her feet. Hands hovered over the sheath near her hips as she prepared for combat, "W-what the hel-?! Huh?" The shock that overwhelmed her dissipated as she saw that it was just Beatbox and his familiar. Sighing, she shifted her stance to present normally, and felt a little embarrassed for reacting so harshly. "S-sorry Beatbox, I thought you were.." She thought on her words for a moment, deciding against saying them aloud. ".. nevermind. I didn't hurt your fox, did I?" 

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox watched as she slowly woke back up from her slumber and then dart up, he had never seen someone get up so fast in his entire life. He was laughing at the sight of this, this was extremely hilarious to him. Ocarina, his fox climbed up Beatbox's back and sat on his shoulder, looking at Birdie. He eventually stopped laughing and talked to her "Well good morning to you too." he said with a giggle. He listened to her final words and said "No, no Birdie... did you forget the message you sent me? You've probably were only asleep for a few minutes. I'm not no player killer y'know." he said with a smile. "But it looks like someone has been listening to others life styles while in this game, I truly believe  that this game isn't worth it if you are up 24/7 trying to get EXP. Even though, I'm probably going to be the next one to do that..." he said as he looked to the distance. "I want to be a front liner, but at the rate I have been getting EXP... that's just no more than a dream." he said. He looked back to Birdie and said with a smile "So, have you been practicing your singing at all?"

"Oh, r-right, thank god.." Birdie took a small sigh of relief, leaning her arms backwards onto the fence post. She afforded the blonde a smile, his determination to reach the Frontlines was applaudable. "You'll get there Beatbox, I believe in you."

His question of her singing evoked a silent look of surprise, though she nodded gently in reply. "A little, thanks. I'll show you some day," she smiled, her eyes glancing to the fox on his shoulder.

"So, right- I guess you're okay to help me with this quest? Thanks for coming along, I saw that you were on Floor 3 and I thought it was worth inviting you; I hope it's not too much trouble." She pushed away from the fence, using her left hand to cover a yawn. "Man, I need to not do that again.. alright, you all set? The mist is pretty clear right now, who knows how long that'll last." She looked over to the entrance of the forest. And who knows what else is in there..

"Honestly, did you forget the green cursor over people's head? I'm not a player killer." he giggled, he looked over to the distance and said with closed eyes "They're moving a little too fast for me, think about it for a moment, in 2 floors players will have access to tier 3 items. Once that happens I'll be as useful as a tier 1 to all of them. It's not needed..." he opened back up and looked back to Birdie. He giggled as she wasn't ready to reveal her singing at all he said to her "Well at least you have been practicing, at least that's good.". He laughed and spoke to her after hearing her speak "Then why would I be here if I didn't want to help you!" he kept laughing. "I have already completed this quest with Itzal, here let me show you the way to where we need to go and skip some of the monsters that are here, saving energy will be needed... trust me, when you don't keep track of energy you'll find yourself in the middle of battle getting hit while you wont be dealing damage..." he shook his head. "It's over this way, I hope you like maze's." he giggled.

"I know, I know~ sorry." The girl was sleepy and unaware due to her nap though it didn't excuse lashing out towards him, even if it was an innocent mistake.

She gave a sympathetic smile at the blonde's talk of tiers, "Yeah, you're telling me. I'll at least benefit a little from it because people will want to buy new stuff, but it'll be rough trying to shine in the same light as those Tier 3 players.." The thought was scary; it would be hard to shine with the likes of Tier 3 Frontliners, and it was only a matter of time before the next Tier would unlock after that. "It's probably best to focus on your own stats for the moment. Tier 3's just another stepping stone, right?" She gave him an assuring smile. It is one heck of a step though.

"I'm horrible at saving energy- sure thing, I'll stick by you." Moving next to Beatbox, she glanced sidelong at him as he mentioned mazes. "They're.. alright I guess, why?" She raised an eyebrow. "W-wait, this quest has one? I thought all we had to do was kill a Minotaur?" She fidgeted with her menu and brought up the quest tab, looking for the quest's description.

Beatbox smiled as she said that it'll benefit her due to her store, Beatbox sighed and had a disappointed look "Sigh... at least you get a slight bonus... my career is rather dumb and I don't like it." he let out another sigh. "Anyways... I am working really hard to get up there in levels... I'd say i'm almost level 22... and after I hit that 3 levels from there I'll be at tier 2... maybe in time to fight with the floor 19 or 20 boss... but, I feel like I will be in a struggle to get up there and levels again..." he sighed. He punched a tree after he had said and thought deeper and deeper into this "Then I'll have to get to level 50 just to use tier 3..." he sighed once more. Beatbox looked back and smiled "Yeah... theres a maze in the location in which we are going, typically you wanted to bring a scout along because you could eventually get lost in the maze... and it has been said if you get lost in the maze... you'll get lost forever... however me and Itzal got through the maze on our first try and took down BOTH minotaurs without any trouble at all, heck they didn't even scratch us... then once they are dead, the party leader can retrieve the amulet in the tomb.."

Birdie winced as Beatbox punched the trunk of a tree, her arms folding together for comfort. He's really passionate about this.. It became obvious that hammering on about levels and tiers would only stir up more of a fuss, so she kept quiet to let him cool down for a while.

Focusing on the matter of the maze, she nodded understandingly as he detailed what they would expect to find in the quest area. "I'd be surprised if you said that Itzal couldn't make it through the maze, he's a talented scout alright. You guys actually took down both? Isn't the requirement only one?" She turned her head sideways to face Beatbox. "Gotcha- this sounds like a piece of cake then! I'm training to be a scout but I haven't picked up the S&D skill yet. You're not the only one with EXP gripes." She shot the blonde a weak smile, understanding he probably had it a little harder than her.

Her eyes dropped to the blonde's familiar, sending the little creature a curious smile. "Who's this little cutey?"

Beatbox lead the way to the location where the maze lays, he turned back to hear to what she had to say. Beatbox gave her a smile and giggled a bit "Well, Itzal went one way and I went another way. Lets just say we got into an argument and I didn't want to see him at all. I found one of the minotaurs and killed it with one sword art. Its not that hard to take down... the bare minimum is to kill only one, I guess Itzal took down the other one... I try to be a good DPS... but eh... there are many other talented DPS' over me. It's whatever if I don't make it to the front lines, I can at least try to get there and take down quests along the way..." he said before turning to the entrance of the maze. "Well... here we are... do you want to split up or... you want to stick together?" he said as he looked at Birdie. He looked back to the maze and tried to remember where he went off too... maybe it got lost with the anger he displayed that day. He shook off his thoughts and waited for her response. 

Note: Roll a 15+ to find one or both of the Minotaurs.

Birdie caught wind of the maze approaching as they ventured deeper into the forest, spotting it through the haze. "Sorry to hear about that," she replied with a slight frown, learning of the argument between the pair.

"Glad to know they're not that strong, I was kinda worried about how the fight would go." Even though combat was the one thing she'd prepared herself for best, she still feared taking even a trace of damage from an enemy. "Hey, of course you're a good DPS Beatbox. You said it yourself right? You took down the Minotaur in one attack- you can't tell me that's not proof of how strong you are." She looked to him with a hopeful smile, remaining optimistic for the blonde.

"Uh- I'd rather we stuck together.. do you think I would struggle with the Minotaur solo?" Her gaze shifted to the entrance of the maze, "Maybe we could give splitting up a try.. where should we rendezvous?"

Beatbox had zoned out for a bit when she ha asked about his familiar, he shook his head and said "Oh yeah... sorry, this is Ocarina, my new familiar..." he said as he held is familiar in his two hands and extended it out to Birdie, Ocarina sniffed in her direction and tried to paw her hand. Beatbox had looked around the maze and tried to remember which his direction had went to... he couldn't truely remember where he went... looks like he'll need to guess on which direction to go. Beatbox looked back to Birdie that had to complement him by saying that he is a good DPS by taking down a minotaur, he giggled and had a saddened look on his face "Well, I'd bet you could take them down without trying... one AoE from me and I could even take both of the Minotaurs down... and well... I guess we could stick together... just don't blame me if we get lost in there forever." he giggled. "Follow me, I believe I can find where they both are... I could take them both down..." he said as he lead her into the maze.

"Aww, aren't you the sweetest little foxy?" Feeling Ocarina paw towards her hand, a goofy smile broke out onto her lips as she gave the familiar pets. She glanced towards Beatbox as he searched for the right entrance, petting the fox one last time before helping the blonde look around.

She nodded briskly, "Stick together it is- I'm not sure if I'd be able to one shot 'em, I'd love to watch you in a bout against both of the Minotaurs to be honest. Thanks for believing in me though!" Even if she usually shied away from compliments, she couldn't help but take that one in stride.

"Gotcha; the quicker we get there, the faster we can get outta this place." The chill in the air had eluded her until now, and the more she pondered on what monsters lurked within the forest, the stronger her urge to escape grew. Maze walls surrounded them as they ventured onwards, presenting them with twists and turns and multiple paths to take.

... Birdie stopped at one the first turnings, tapping Beatbox's shoulder as she reached for him. "Uhm.. h-hey, do the Minotaurs use a sword and shield, and wear armour?" Her arm dropped from the blonde, swinging to her left as she pointed to a peculiar pair of enemy Minotaurs. "Found them..?"

ID# 69169 LD 12+3 (Both Minotaurs found)

@Beatbox

Edited by Birdie

ID: 69161

BD: 8 / MD: 2-3=1

Beatbox giggled as she called his fox the "sweetest little foxy" and gave his familiar a lot of pets, his familiar let her pet him sense her scent proved to be friendly. Beatbox had followed behind Birdie looking every direction within the maze, he giggled when she said she'd rather watch Beatbox bout against both of the minotaurs by his loan some. "But they don't even stand a chance against me... fine..." he said as he pet his familiar some more that was on his shoulder. Without much time and effort at all Beatbox felt Birdie tap him on the shoulder pointing to both of the Minotaurs, Beatbox smirked and looked back at her with a smile. "Well, since you wanted to see me fight against them 1v2, just sit back and enjoy the fireworks." he said before pulling out his sword and walking towards them, both of them watched Beatbox walk into their room and they roared at him and both of them swung their swords hitting the ground next to Beatbox. The place went up in dust and Beatbox swung his sword at one of the minotaurs and did a AoE combo hitting both of the minotaurs, they were both almost dead. 

Sword Art Used: Vertical Square

Beatbox: 420/420 (still only level 21 for this thread) EN: 34/42

Birdie Bird: 240/240 EN: 24/24

Minotaur 1: 13/45 -32

Minotaur 2: 13/45 -32

Edited by Beatbox

"Don't let those words bite ya in the butt Beatbox," she told him, a smile arching on her lips from the blonde's self-confidence.

As fate would have it, the man would get a chance to prove himself right away. Birdie backed away from the scene as Beatbox closed the distance between himself and Minotaurs, and she watched on with a raised eyebrow. "If you insist. Don't get yourself hurt," she warned him, preparing for the show that was about to unfold.

Dust kicked up in the arena, prompting her to squint in an effort to see better. She noticed Beatbox's rough outline slashing at the beasts, catching them both with a single attack that soon dismissed the cloud of dust. "Nice swing!" she called out, glancing to the Minotaurs' health bars. Are they nearly dead? He wasn't kidding...

As the beast's staggered, her eyes focused on the blonde. "Minus ten points, though, you didn't one shot 'em," she joked, a smile breaking out onto her lips.

ID: 69202

BD: 10 / MD: 1

Beatbox had giggled as he heard Birdie tell him to not get himself hurt, he giggled some more... "Get... hurt in a fight like this? I am sure Birdie could have taken down both of these without necessarily trying.". He finished his first combo and over heard Birdie speak to him and give him confidence, he giggled at the comment on "minus ten points" he looked back with a smile and yelled out to her "Well gee sorry that I can always perform amazingly every time!" with that he kept looking forward. The minotaurs were wanting to try to strike against the blonde haired player one last time, they both missed terribly, dust kicked up again and Beatbox performed one last AoE strike against them, and like that... they were dead. They both simultaneously exploded to white and blue crystals that fluttered into the air into nothingness. He smirked and turned around and walked toward Birdie, he gave her a smile and put his sword away into his inventory "The prize is inside the tomb. Go on, its yours." he said once more with a smile.

Edited by Beatbox

"Kidding!" Birdie called out in response, watching onwards as the Minotaur's sized up their opponent. 'His attacks are impressive though, no way I could pull that off... doesn't help that rapier weapons have no AOE I guess.' Dismissing the thought with a sigh, her heart skipped a beat as the Box loosed a devastating final attack, ending the monsters with a well-executed flurry of strikes that saw their end.

"And you said you're not good at fighting," she strolled towards him and met him half way. Hearing of the reward, she turned towards the sealed entrance of the tomb and watched in wonder as the doors began to groan and grind. Stone doors opened outwards to reveal a passage into the chamber, though Birdie raised a suspicious eyebrow. "It's in there? Couldn't there be like, player kills waiting in there for low-levels to come along?" She glanced curiously up to Beatbox, her arms folding across her stomach. "Mind having my back for a few more minutes?" She took a few steps towards the tomb, regardless of the boy's willingness to follow her in or not.

Edited by Birdie

"Hey, I am sure you could have taken them both down with out trying Birdie, just gotta have self confidence in yourself!" he said with a smile as he pat her back. He followed behind her to the the entrance of the ruins and he giggled as she gave suspicion to the ruins. He laughed as he heard her speak and he looked at her with a smile "I mean, this is a legit quest you know, I don't think they would put Player Killers at the end of the road, but I'll follow behind you to the ruins." then gave a wink. He followed behind her through the ruins downwards, down the stairs... they could see nothing on there way down, nothing but darkness... but as they got down, there was another door. He looked back at Birdie and gave her a light push on her back and a smile. "Go on... the pendant lies beyond this door. It's yours." with a smile.

@Birdie

Edited by Beatbox

Her eyes fell to the side as he mentioned self-confidence. "Easier said than done.." the girl whispered quietly, keeping it under her breath.

Light barely trickled into the ruins, darkness quickly consuming both the players. She didn't fret; among the things she was scared of, dark and spooky caves weren't on that list. "Yeah, you're right.." she loosed a light smile, sighing to herself. "Thanks for accompanying me all the to the end anyway, I don't trust myself to not trip over in the dark or something, so you can be a witness to my failure."

Through the darkness, she noticed the outline of a door lying ahead. "This is it? Wow, I thought these ruins would be a little longer.." Bringing both hands to the door, she pushed it open with relative ease. Inside lied a small room, no bigger than a bathroom, housing a large stone formation in the middle. Hanging from a makeshift hook, the Hoya of Minos reflected what little light it could receive. "Gotcha!" Gently, Birdie took hold of the quest reward and brought it together in her hands, before it disappeared into her inventory 

"Guess that solves that!" she spoke joyously, walking away from the room as she joined Beatbox's side. She ventured onwards, making way for the ruin's exit and eventually back into the arena where the Minotaurs once stood. "Thanks for coming out to help Beatbox. Remember to stop by the shop any time- my doors are always open for friends!"

@Beatbox

"Oh, don't put yourself down like that! In this world a single weapon can allow you to do anything, whether it be to find a cool spot to sleep, or take down monsters you wouldn't think you could otherwise!" he said with a wink. He followed behind the blue haired female into the ruins and he giggled after what she had been saying to him "Its no problem, I like to help out others as much as I can, it's just who I am. And come on... don't fail now, you've already gotten this far into the ruins..." he said before the reached the door. He smiled back at Birdie and stepped in as she did to get the item. He watched her take the item and he gave a clap "You have completed the quest, good job Birdie!" with a smile. He followed her outside of the Ruins and listened to her before the split ways and said with a smile "I'll be sure to remember that Birdie. Glad to be helping you, just remember if you want a partner for a quest or need help or someone to talk to I am in your friend's list!" he said as he waved goodbye to Birdie with a smile and walked away with his fox.

@Birdie