[PP-NK-F3] A Gift <<Search for the Hoya>> (Wolfie)

I sighed and sat back against the counter, wiping imaginary sweat from my forehead; I had been working on my crafts almost all day... and I had to admit they were not going all that well. I groaned and slid down to the floor, my back against the cool wood. Hikari squeaked and curled up in my lap, and my hand idly stroked her orange fur; I was overworking myself. I had just gotten back to work on crafting and leveling, and yet I was pushing myself. I had to take it easy, as Itzal had told me. I picked Hikari up and slung her around the back of my neck, letting the horned weasel lazily dangle down my chest. I headed to the sink and turned the tap on, splashing water over my face, before I spun around at the sound of my shop's bell.

@Wolfie

Wolfie entered the Dinner "I have to eat at some point" He thought, as he looked at his col "Narf... I only have 200 col, I hope that’s enough" His hood covered his face, and he stood with confidence. He walked up to the counter to order, waiting for the owner to come. “Is the shop closed? Maybe its after hours? Then again, I don’t think I would be able to enter if that was the case. The owner must just be busy at the moment.” With that Wolfie sits down at a table and waits. He opens his journal and starts documenting his thoughts and observations over the past few days. So much had happened, some better than others. He wasn’t sure how to think of the past few weeks, he had met some… question able people and some who were alright. He still didn’t understand happiness though, he wished that, one day, he could have full access to his emotions once more.

@Grave

I came around to the counter and noticed a black haired male sitting on one of the stools at a table and flicking through his invisible menu. He seemed... not depressed, but at the same time not happy. Like he was emotionless. I guess it could not be helped; SAO really screwed with some people. "Hi there!" I greeted him from behind the counter and placed an elbow on the glass case. "See anything you fancy? My meals are not all that expensive, so you do not worry about having little money if that is a problem." I assured him, knowing that some people who came to my shop did not have very much dosh to spend, while others came with their pockets full.

The owner came to the front, asking Wolfie about what he wanted. “Yeah, I would like your Rabbit on a stick and Banana Milkshake.” He said setting 375 col on the counter “I hope this covers it, I don’t have much more than that.” Wolfies voice was a low rumble, not quite a growl. He looked at the man, the light behind his eyes balanced between both his red and gold. His expression was calm, but dominant. His aura the same. He proceeded to look the owner dead in the eyes, as if searching his soul, reading his being. “I wonder who he is when he isn’t at work, does he still give off the same aura? Or does he put on an act to sell more?” He waited for the Owner to respond, though he knew that if he needed to pay more than he would just have to leave.

Spoiler

Rabbit on a Stick - Perfect Meal (Well Fed: +20 MAX HP/1 thread): Half a rabbit slid upon a wooden skewer and slow-roasted over a fire.  Grave took a more traditional cooking route with this meal, using a firepit rather than an oven or the like.

Banana Milkshake - Good Beverage: A simple milkshake containing bananas.  Simple.

@Grave

(OOC: I don't know how to put money in my bank after quests finish so once I get hat taken care of I will transfer you the col)

Edited by Wolfie

The player eyed of my wares and ordered the Rabbit and Banana Milkshake, and I nodded with a grin. He set a pile of Col coins on the counter, and I counted through them; 375 Col, the perfect amount. "Good, good!" I replied and scraped the money into my palm before pocketing it, wanting to get the trade out of the way before putting the Col in my inventory. I retrieved the items from the display case and set them on the counter for the player to take. "Pleasure doing business with you!" I told him with a wide grin... before realizing he was trying to make eye contact - quite obviously, I must admit. We stood there for a moment, locked in an analytical game, my hands having just left the food. It was unnerving... he seemed to be trying to find something in me.

I coughed and turned around, setting Hikari on the bench and scratching her head to avoid an awkward situation. That was... scary, to say the least. His eyes were so dull and piercing, I could not get a read on what he was thinking or feeling - if he even was thinking or feeling anything.

-1 Rabbit on a Stick, -1 Banana Milkshake

+375 Col

Wolfie thanked the man for the food not noticing the eerie mood that he was giving off. He then started drinking the Milkshake, nodding at the taste. Wolfie held his gaze a little longer, searching, learning and analyzing this man. However, he finally realized this man’s fear and broke the eye contact. Allowing for his intimidating aura to subside but keeping the dominance. The primary eye seemed to change from the red to the gold. He Looking around it seemed the shop was empty except for them. “Slow day, huh? Do you just stay here most of your time or do you tend to go out?” He noted the pet that was placed on the table but didn’t do more than give it a passing glance. He was curious about this man’s chosen Profession. But more so who this man was, knowing that most people do not choose to cook in this game he wondered what drove this man forward, what made him tick. Though he also knew he would need to see this man outside of entrupenurmanship, instead Wolfie needed to see this man on the battlefield.

-375 Col

+1 Ray on a Stick 

+1 Banana Milkshake

-1 Banana Milkshake (consumed)

@Grave

Edited by Wolfie
  • 3 weeks later...

The player mentioned the day was running slow and I shrugged. "Cannot really ask for more than a few customers a day, being one of the less popular crafters in the game." I sighed and wiped a hand through my hair. "There was a period where I hid here for a long time, but I typically go out more than I stay here. I am aiming for the frontlines. Was nearly there before I disappeared, actually." I explained, turning small talk into a full explanation. "The thrill of combat and the justice of fighting for the sake of all players in Aincrad is much more alluring to me than sitting around and cooking all day every day, although it is a good way to wind down and enjoy a calm task." I mused, turning around and peering at the player as he sat there with the milkshake. "Speaking of which, I was planning to head out in a little while."