[PP-F2] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> Sweet Revenge COMPLETE!

Nix bit her lip, trying to keep the concern she felt off her face for fear that he'd take it as an insult, watching him shake out his hand. She took a breath and put a grin on her face, stepping forward to take his place. "Well, I don't care what you think. You obviously aren't worthless to me!" She gestured at the boulder, at all the damage he had inflicted upon it while helping her. "I'm not a big cat person, so I don't want to keep these whiskers on any longer than I have too. You really have no idea how big of a favor you're doing me." Holy cow that probably sounded really lame...oh, please don't hate me for that...Nix knew she had never been good at comforting people. She had been raised in a family that praised forcing down all emotion, so when someone needed help she never really knew what to do about it. She turned away and stepped towards the boulder, taking another deep breath. Nix raised her fist and crouched, before launching herself towards the boulder in the hopes to increase her damage. Of course, this had the opposite effect as she managed to trip over her own feet when she sprung forwards, missing her target with her fist( but hitting it with her entire body instead!). She slid down the boulder and sat in silence for a moment, staring at her feet blankly, before looking up at Beatbox with the straightest face she could put on.

"I think, maybe, it would be more merciful to kill me now before I make a fool of myself on the actual battlefield." She used the boulder to push herself back up and walked like a robot back to her spot.

-------------

ID: 74070

BD: 3 [Miss]

DMG: 1 (base)

Boulder: 4/50

Edited by Necryptonix

Beatbox didn't know what to do or say at this point, he struck the boulder out of anger and noticed that she was trying to hide something, then exclaiming that he means more than nothing to her, he just stayed silent, he honestly just didn't know what to do, she had exclaimed that she isn't much of a cat person which brought a smile to Beatbox's face as he said "Well, back then, I didn't really mind having kitty whiskers on me. I thought it was adorable at one point, and a part of me still likes it." he chuckled as he watched her attempt at attacking the boulder once more unfortunately missing, Beatbox stood up to the boulder and raised his arm hitting the boulder with his knuckle finally breaking the boulder in two, each side fell to the ground and shattered to a million shards of white and blue that faded to the air. He took a deep breath and said out "...I'm sorry." with a grin as he took a seat where he stood.

@Necryptonix

-----

ID: 74072 - BD: 7+4=11 (noncritical)

Damage: 1 (base) + 1 (athletics) + 6 (familiar) = 8

Boulder: 0/50 [-8 HP]

Necryptonix started to speak, but before she could get a word out the NPC sprang up and rushed over to her. She looked apologetically at the seated player as she turned to face the NPC, who reached up to wipe away the whiskers and then give her a hard jab in the middle of her forehead. 

"You have proven yourself worthy! You may now train in the Martial Way, and call yourself, A Martial Artist! Congratulations!" With that the NPC rushed back into his hut, leaving Nix rubbing at the spot he had jabbed and grimacing.

"Yeesh, the poking me thing was a bit much...." She walked over to the other player and plopped down next to him, facing the remains of the boulder. "Nice finisher, by the way. Very graceful. Really showed that boulder who's boss." She grinned, looking over at him out of the corner of her eye. I wonder how long it'll be like this before it respawns...? She reached out and picked up one of the chunks they had broken off, turning it over in her hands for a few moments as a strange smile grew on her face. She started laughing then, falling into a fit of hysterics so strong she nearly fell over. Still giggling, she held the chunk of boulder up to Beatbox. "Do you get it?"

Beatbox sat there as she had talked to the NPC, he sat there looking down upon himself, it was clear to him that he was obviously in a depressed state and mood. But there wasn't much Beatbox could really do about it, whats set in stone is set there and Beatbox cannot remove the sadness that he has in world, at least that's what it felt like, Beatbox continued to say nothing. He had heard her laugh, but he wasn't honestly too sure what about honestly. He shook his head and punched his leg "I'm an idiot... a freaking idiot for doing something like that." he thought to himself in his head with a growl, next thing he knew she had brought up a piece of the boulder up to his face asking if he gets it, BEatbox looked up to see her face and said "Get what?" with a saddened questioning look, he didn't know what she was on about even if its a joke or not, heck she could have said a pun and Beatbox didn't really notice.

@Necryptonix

Necryptonix's face fell a fraction when she noticed how sad he appeared, but she plowed ahead with her joke anyway, wiggling the stone between two fingers. "Revenge! This mountain has been kicking my ass all day, and then all of the issues I had even hitting that boulder? Ridiculous. But this," she shook the rock again, "was one sweet way to get revenge." She giggled again, then her smile softened to something less manic and more sincere. "But really though, thank you. I had been dreading doing this for ages before I finally worked up the energy to come out here and give it a go." She paused, examining the rock one last time before chucking it as hard as she could. The stone flew through the air and quickly vanished out of sight. "I wish there was something I could give you, for taking up your time like this. If you know of any way I could repay you, tell me. I don't like owing people." I wish there was something better I could say, but I just don't have the words, and even if I did I'm not sure I'd have the guts to say them....She drew her legs up and leaned her chin on her knees.

Beatbox chuckled, he supposes that this was a good way to get revenge on climbing up all this way just to get one skill... it seemed rather tedious to do. He had noticed that she had wished she had something to give him for his time as she moved her knees to her chin, Beatbox smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder "Nah, don't worry about it. You've given me company today and even managed to put a smile on my face from time to time today, so thank you!" he said with a warm smile and he then swiped to open his menu to go to his friends options to send her a friend request. He patted her back and stood up offering the same hand he hand offered her moments ago to help her up from falling with a smile. "Come on, we better get going. It's getting fairly late, I don't wanna leave a female without knowing that she doesn't have a place to get to tonight. I'll getcha a inn room, you can rest easy tonight. I've got a home on floor 11, so ya don't need to worry about me." he said as he smiled.

@Necryptonix

She relaxed when he smiled, and took his hand and stood up with a grin of her own. She quickly opened her menu and accepted the request, a sense of satisfaction growing in her chest at having finally made a friend in this crazy world. Her smile turned teasing then, the glint back in her eyes. "Hey, are you trying to say that I can't take care of myself?" She flexed her arm and posed like a muscle-man. "Haven't you noticed how strong and graceful I am?" She let her arms fall with a sigh, only a little bit resigned at having to accept help again. She wouldn't normally allow it, but he didn't seem like the sort of guy to hold it against her. And she wanted to trust him. Truly, she had been shut away for too long. She turned and started to walk backwards away from him, so that she was still facing him as she moved. "If you promise not to let me fall off the mountain on the way down, I promise not to bother you too much with requests for help. Deal?" She smiled, head tilted, then turned around to walk normally.

Beatbox grinned and gained a joking evil smile as she made a silly pose and said how strong she was, he retaliated back with "Says the one that had to rely on someone to even deal damage to the boulder." he chuckled and pulled her up as she had given up and patted her back. He listened to her words and chuckled "Aight, I promise to not let ya fall down on our way down, I promise." he gave her a smile as he signaled to follow him down the mountain. He placed his hands in his pockets and his familiar jumped back onto his shoulder as they walked down the steep mountain looking out on the view of aincrad on floor 2. He looked back at Nix and said to her "Isn't this view worth the climb up and back to town? Aincrad has a lot of scenery to give, yet many players glance over it. It's a shame that no one stops for a moment to accept the beauty around us for just a split moment before getting back into business. Its just a pure shame." he said as he looked back forward.

@Necryptonix

Nix's eyes widened somewhat at his words, truly surprised that he gave a damn about the scenery at all. She thought she was the only one. She followed him, saying "Actually, I agree with you...it's beautiful here, so staring around at the environment is how I've spent the  large majority of my time, annnnnd probably why I'm still so weak." She shrugged. "It's easy to convince yourself everything will be fine when the sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky. Why risk your life when you think you're gonna be home in a few hours?" She walked with her hands in her pockets, eyes back to watching her feet as she picked her way carefully along the treacherous ground, lost in thought. "You know, it makes me wonder if that isn't exactly what the game master intended, making this place so realistic and beautiful that we lose the will to leave. Like the sirens of old..." She trailed off, catching herself before she got any more philosophical and scared the poor guy away. She smiled, to try and show that she wasn't as crazy as she sounded, and kept walking forward.

Beatbox looked over with a smile and said to her after he philosophical comment and said "Well Nix, my theory on why this is, its that maybe the Game Master wanted to test our humanity and see how well people would be able to work together for a common cause. However it looks like we are failing if we have people out there killing others, it makes no sense at all to me." he said as he looked back forward "Many players here have found true love, a true challenge, true freedom... but why must others believe that they have the right to end this all... end their hopes, dreams and goals. It makes no sense." he shook his head and looked up to the clouds the virtual sun in the distance with a smile "But we're making progress none the less and growing as players, and I suppose that is all we need to gain confidence to keep fighting on, and I suppose thats all I need to find the will to fight, the determination to never give up. I suppose." he said chuckling as he shook his head trying to sound real and philosophical. 

@Necryptonix

Nix listened closely as he spoke. She hadn't realized how much she had craved thoughtful conversation, and she had to resist the urge to enter into a monologue of theories and hopes and fears. She frowned as he talked about the player killers, nodding in agreement with his comments. "Lord knows I haven't been doing my part in all this. I was selfish. I'm glad you and your people have been picking up all the slack me and others have left -- we all owe you more than we could ever repay...you frontliners are heroes. Every single one." She moved her hands so that the were clasped behind her back once more. "And even if we never make it out of here, it's gotta be worth something, being a hero to all these kids." She smiled a bit, then skipped ahead a few more steps, glancing back at him with an evil look in her eyes. "Hey, Beatbox, you hungry?"

Beatbox grinned and looked back as she had called us all heroes, after she was done talking about it he said to her "Heroes? If anything I am a reluctant hero. I am doing this all to help everyone, not myself." he looked forward and took a deep breath, and kept moving forward down the mountain, she had looked at him and asked if he was hungry, Beatbox didn't really know as he didn't really eat a lot of food while he was here, just enough to remember how food used to take and for his own profession, but he wasn't really hungry that much "Nah, I am not that hungry. More thirsty than anything, but I am fine." he said as he continued down the mountain, he didn't really have much on his mind, he has tried not to really speak and think much to himself as he was rather depressed and doesn't want to keep himself down and continuously keep insulting himself and keep putting himself lower than others. He shook his head with a sigh.

@Necryptonix

Nix's grin widened at his answer. She skipped another few steps forward before glancing back and saying, "Well that's a shame, cuz you're about to eat my dust!" As soon as the last word left her mouth she launched herself down the path, praying to whatever gods were listening that she didn't trip again and make any more of a fool of herself than she already had. 

--------------

Necryptonix breathed an audible sigh of relief when the lights of Urbus came into view. It had been a long journey, made even longer by her reckless sprint down the mountain. But hey, she had only stumbled once. She counted that as a win. Thoughts of how warm and comfortable a bed would feel after such a tough day danced through her mind. Her hands were back in her pockets, and she idly glanced around at the players doing last-minute errands before all the shops closed up for the night. She fought off a yawn, just barely, and pointed out the nearest fair-priced inn she saw. "There?" She looked to Beatbox.

Beatbox had heard her speak and then dash down the mountain, Beatbox smiled and yelled out "Yeah right! As if!" he said as he lunged forward and used angles to his advantage and jump down to catch up and started to dash down what was left of the mountain. As they got to town, it was getting rather late, meaning it was going to be a little difficult for Beatbox to get to his home, but he was fine with a little bit of troubles just to get home, it makes it more fun that way. He had looked over to see that Nix had pointed to a hotel that had a fairly cheap price for a beginner and he nodded his head and went inside to pay for the room, he came back out to her with a key and a smile. "Here ya are, I've given you this room for a week. Sorry, I had some left over cash from buying my home. But! At least it'll give you a roof over your head for a bit!" he said as he gave her they key. He yawned and said "Welp, I need to get to floor 11, it has been nice meeting you. I'll be seeing you around." he said as he waved goodbye and walked over to the teleporter.

@Necryptonix

-1200 Col

Nix gaped at him as he dropped the key in her hand,and she quickly stuttered out a thank you. She waved goodbye to him almost in a daze, and called out "Be safe! Have a good night!" as he walked away. Shaking her head again in amazement at his seemingly sincere generosity, she turned and headed to the inn, key held tightly in her fist. Well, if nothing else, now I know that if I die there will be someone in the game who will notice my absence. That's...comforting. I think. She couldn't help but smile though, happy to have completed what she had set out to do and to have made a new friend along the way. She hoped that she would get the chance to pay him back someday for all of his unasked-for kindness. She knew today would have gone a lot differently if he hadn't appeared, and she wanted to give him something back for that. I managed to make him laugh though! She smiled to herself and went into her room, thoughts already beginning to cloud with sleep.

Summary

Necryptonix: 200 Col + 2SP + <<Martial Arts>> Extra Skill

Beatbox: 200 Col + 1 SP

Thread Complete