<F1-R1 Merchant> A Hunter's Treasures

Along the winding paths of the Town of Beginnings, along the far east wall, lies a little rundown shop, named "A Hunter's Treasure", with just below it, a sign of a closed treasure chest, to show that not all may be what is expected. Inside, is a main room with shelves along the walls, showing off a selection of goods from healing crystals to weapons and armor. When not out gathering more items to sell, Bongartz can usually be found behind the main counter or in the back room to the side, either planning his next trip or helping other players get the items they need.

Profession Info

Spoiler

Rank 1: Merchant

30/40 XP

Appraisals per day: 2

Materials: 4

Craft Info

Spoiler

CD Roll of 1-4: 1 EXP (Equipment becomes <Locked> and can no longer be appraised ever)

CD Roll of 5-9: 4 EXP (No enhancement found but can attempt again)

CD Roll of 10-12: 8 EXP (Success)

Rank 1: 0 EXP
Rank 2: 40 EXP
Rank 3: 160 EXP
Rank 4: 640 EXP
Rank 5: 2560 EXP

treasurechest.png

Edited by Bongartz

As I enter my shop, I look around the shop as I make my way to the counter, making sure all the shelves are fully stocked, especially the teleportation crystals.

*Everyone needs teleportation crystals and antidotes, so I've heard tale of recently, so I need to make sure I have a constant supply of these.* 

"Alright then, let's take a look at my own Sword real quick, see if there's any hidden potential. I'll do it twice if I can, but if not, I'll accept it as it is, and maybe get a new weapon from a Blacksmith later. Hmm, I know I can't choose exactly what the sword will be hiding, but if I could, I could really use accuracy. Maybe try for some light armor later, I need evasion, as I don't really want to wear heavy armor."

I go into my inventory and take out 2 materials, just in case, and place my sword upon my counter.

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

# 75113

CD: 10

LD: 1

Enhancement: Keen

As I attempt to appraise my Sword for the first time, at first, nothing happens. However, after a few moments of focusing, a slot appears, with the name <Keen> listed. 

"YES! I was successful! This makes me feel like everything I went through was well worth it. Now, let's see if I can try this again, and get something else."

I use the 2nd material I pulled out, to appraise the sword.

Spoiler

# 75116

CD: 4

LD: 11

Enhancement: <Locked>

This time, as I attempt to Appraise the sword once more, nothing happens at first glance. While I look around the item description, I realize, next to the name, it has the <Locked> title, meaning it only held the one enhancement.

"Well, at least something is better than nothing. I'm still really proud of myself for this, and I think I can do better the more I practice."

I sheath my sword, and walk out of my shop, locking it behind me.

"I'll be back soon, and I'll might have some more items to appraise next time. I like this job!"

Edited by Bongartz

Percival was taking a stroll through the Town of Beginnings, and as he passed by a little rundown shop he thought he saw a familiar face on the inside. He came to a sudden halt and peered into the nearby window to get a better look at the figure, and to his amazement it was Bongartz. "What's he doing in there?" He looked above the front door to the shop and saw the "A Hunter's Treasures". "Isn't Bongartz wanting to be a treasure hunter? Maybe he finally got his profession he mentioned to me about the other day?" Curious he walked over to the door to the shop and stepped into the cozy little shop. 

Once inside he looked over to Bongartz and with a smile said "Hey Bongartz. Looks like you got your profession started? Congratulations are in order." I say, giving him a slight bow. "As I promised, I would be more than happy to do business with you. If you will allow it? Speaking of business, I have something I think you might be able to help me with." I walk over to the front counter and open my inventory. "I have a shield here I would like you to take a look at. I crafted it the other day, and was hoping there might have been something I missed that you might be able to catch?" I place the Shield upon the coutner for him to inspect.

Spoiler

Name: Persuasion

Item Type: Kite Shield
Tier: 1

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: +1 Damage Mitigation, +1 Regen 

Description: Persuasion is just asking for the enemies to attack it. The kite shield is made of a solid black metal, with white trim around the edges. In the center of the shield, etched in a white metal, is the alchemical symbol for Metal. 

"I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time." 

Edited by Percival

I look up as I see a familiar face walk into my shop, and smile once I recognize Percy;

"Oh, hey. Yea, no problem, I'd be glad to help. I'll use one of my own materials for it, since this is my first commission, and if I succeed, it'll be only 200 Col, or if I fail, it'd be free."

I place the shield on the counter in front of me, and pull out a single ore from my inventory for the Appraisal.

Spoiler

# 75198

LD: 10

Enhancement: Recovery

Once I attempt to Appraise the item, the slot reveals itself semi quickly, and is revealed as <Recovery>. I look back up from the shield, to lock eyes with Percy;

"Well, that was faster than normal for me, guess I'm getting better at this. At any rate, yes, I found a hidden slot on it, listed as <Recovery>. As I was successful, that'll be 200 Col, for your new upgraded shield." 

Edited by Bongartz
Spoiler

Percival - 200 Col

Bongartz + 200 Col

Inspecting the shield I confirmed that he indeed was able to appraise the shield. "Thank you again Bognartz, and here is your payment as requested." I transfer the the funds required to Bongartz. I put the shield into my inventory, and begin to look around the shop. "The shop looks very nice. I like what you did with the place. Very cozy.". I walk over by window of the shop, and turn to look over to Bognartz. "I will be sure to stop by more often to drop off equipment for you to appraise here and there. Hey one these days, some of the equipment I bring might be yours to keep." With a smile and a wave, I open the door to the shop, and step outside. "Let's just hope I don't have to use it any time soon." I mutter to myself and make my way back to my shop. 

I confirm the transfer of 200 col, then I smile and nod back to Percy;

"Thank you, I tried to make it easy to navigate, and easy to keep track of. Of course, and you're always welcome to stop by and visit. Maybe we'll come to arrangements, trade your equipment for my appraisals."

As I watch Percy leave, I sigh in relief. If I couldn't find any slots, his opinion of me would have dropped immensely, and I would have lost a potential partner and customer. As long as most of my appraisals were successful, I could rely on them for the most of my Col, until I get special items to sell. If I get some gear from Percy though, I could easily make a lot of Col off of his work, that I would split with him, 50/50. 

"This could be the start of a wonderful business partnership, and I have to hold my side of the bargain."

With that, I walk out of my shop, closing it and locking it, to go back out into the field for some items.

It was another beautiful day, and Percival wanted to stop off to at his Bongartz shop to get a couple items appraised. Avoiding a few of a the crowds, he managed to get to Bongartz's shop, the "A Hunter's Treasures", by late morning. Attempting to enter the shop it appeared the door was locked. "Hmm? Anybody home?". Knocking on the door, Percival walked over to the nearby window to peer inside, as to see if anyone was in. It didn't appear Bongartz was in just yet. "I might be able to drop these off so he can take care of it on his time."

I open my inventory, and take out the two items to be apprised, and place them into the mailbox of his shop. Attaching a note so that he knows what I wanted to be done.

Spoiler

Name: Shiverspine

Item Type: One-Handed Assault Spear

Tier: T1

Enhancements: +1 Damage, +1 Accuracy

Description: Shiverspine has a solid black leather hilt, with a white grip. At the base of the blade, attached with two small chains, is a white bandanna with the alchemical symbol Air printed in black. The blade itself is rather irregular, resembling that of the spinal cord, and that goes for the white color as well. Shiverspine seems to pull itself to targets, as if longing for a home.

Spoiler

Name: Mask of Torment

Item Type: Heavy Armor Helmet
Tier: 1

Enhancements: +2 Thorns

Description: The mask is composed of a pitch black metal, and depicts an image of a white skull. People say that if one were to peer for too long into the mask, that they may go insane. Those that wear the mask are depicted as broken, mad, or even enveloped in sorrow.

"Bongartz, if you would be so kind as to appraise these items for me. I will leave a deposit attached to this note. If you need more, I would be gladly able to provide in person. Thank you again.. ~Sincerely - Percival" Attached to the note is a deposit of 400 Col. I take a deep breathe, nervous about leaving the items there, but I trust Bongartz to do well.

With that Percival begins walking back to his shop.

Spoiler

Percival: -400 Col

Edited by Percival

I walk back to my shop after another adventure outside the gates, getting more items from my shop, and approach my stores mailbox, looking to see if any new items came in. I find a mask and a spear waiting for me, attached with a note from Percy asking me to appraise them. I decide the mask takes priority, as he specializes with war hammers, so the mask may be more for him then the spear.

Spoiler

1st try

CD: 6 (Retry)

2nd try

CD: 4 (Locked)

I attempt to appraise the mask, but at first, nothing happens. Thus, I take a second attempt, having to now wait until later to appraise the spear, but I find the mask has nothing to tell, as the title <Locked> appears next to Mask of Torment. I shake my head lightly, hoping he won't be too upset with me for this.

"Well, you win some, you lose some. I'll send him a message, letting him know what happened."

"Hey, Percy, I got some updates for you. I couldn't figure out anything on the mask at first, so I tried again, and there's nothing to tell. The spear I'll appraise once I get the chance again, just thought you should know. Because I failed, I'll return 200 Col once you come to pick up the mask. Once my, my apologies~Bongartz."

Edited by Bongartz

"Well, let's have a look at this spear then. hmm?"

I mumble to myself, hoping I can do something to make up for locking Percy's mask. As I hold the spear, it feels a little strange, and the design is definitely not my cup of tea. At any rate, I take two more ores out of my inventory, and see what I can find. 

Spoiler

# 75595

CD: 6 (retry)

# 75597 

CD: 7

After using the first ore, nothing happens. I sigh, as I attempt to use the 2nd ore for the same result.

"Well, this is a first. Nothing happening after two tries? Whatever this spear's hidden slot is, it must be something really good. At any rate, I'll have to try again later, but right now I need more materials before I do much else."

With that, I place the spear and mask behind my counter for when Percy returns, and walk into the back to prepare to go out hunting.

"I have to stay in the shop though, at least until Percy comes to get his equipment. Just hope he doesn't hold my lack of results against me."

Edited by Bongartz

"According to the friend's list... he's in this area somewhere..." Ourian pondered, looking around for his new acquaintance that he had made some time ago. He was hoping that he might peak his interest with a small gathering quest in an attempt to gain materials for the both of them for when they both obtained their professions. 

"Question is... where exactly is he... This map sucks..." He muttered, dismissing his map and menu to look around the area himself. Suddenly, he spots an old rundown shop with a little sign with a closed treasure chest on it. Catching his interest, Ourian walks inside and looks around. The walls were lined with shelves with interesting items and the like everywhere, all great assets to anyone who would be up for raiding a dungeon or travelling a long way. Looking more closely near the counter, Ourian notices that the area was recently disturbed, meaning someone was still in the shop.

"Hello? I am looking for someone named Bongartz. Has he been here?" He asked aloud, hoping to catch the shop owner's attention. 

*Hmm, I wonder where Percy has been, it's been a while since I've seen him. He should be here soon though.*

I hear the door to the shop open, and quickly come out from the back room to see Ourian, rather than Percy return. I smile to Ourian as I begin talking;

"Oh, hey, Ourian. Been a while since I've seen you. I'd hope I was here though, this is my shop after all. What can I do for you?"

I pull out my last two ores from my inventory, place Shiverspine on the counter, and take a deep breath;

"I need to Appraise this item for Percy, but the last couple of times I tried, I couldn't find anything. So I plan on trying again, he did already pay me after all, but once I do that, I'll be done here, mostly because I'll be out of materials. Kinda was hoping that they would last longer, but unfortunately, not all stock runs forever. Is there something in particular you needed, however?"