[F1] Testing Metal <<The Second Lesson, is Also Free>>

Exiting Zakariah's home, Vale looked at the night sky and the way the lights in the Town of Beginnings shined in a flourescent way. The illumination of the town was simply remarkable, there-in lied one of the few problems that she found herself in. The area's she could sleep in due to her severe lack of funds this game has provided her. Instead of going to sleep, Vale decided she would travel around the Town of Beginnings to get more of a feel for the place plus she wanted to know where Mr. Tealeaf's shop was at. Immediately she pulled out her map and just followed the winding paths doing her best to take note of all the sights to behold and the extra what nots.

After a few hours of walking around, Vale managed to stumble upon Mr. Tealeaf's shop, ironically had she just walked in the other direction when leaving Mr. Zakariah's shop she would have found it easily. The dark skinned girl chuckled, "Man... i can be pretty silly at times." Vale tried her best to keep her mind pre-occupied at all times so the thoughts of the unfortunate event would not play again in her head. She turned her head and noticed that there was a small little alley way that brushed up against the side of the wall that led to the outskirts of town. There wasn't much more she could do today since Mr. Tealeaf's shop was closed until bright and early in the morning as Mr. Zakariah had mentioned. Strolling into the nook, she immediately recognized that the darkness in here was meant to be a small sleeping spot for some as she came across some players.already using this spot to sleep to get away from the bright lights. There was a convienent psuedo-blanket sitting there that she quickly grabbed the blanket, resting her body up against a large box and wall and swiftly finding herself falling asleep.

Running and running Vale was doing, chasing the blonde who was standing on the ledge. No closer was she getting to whom she was chasing, then it happened. The dark skinned girl watched as the blonde haired girl in her view slowly disappeared over the edge. Vale opened her eyes and shot forward ready to scream no, sweat running down her entire body at this point. She looked up at the sky to see that it was still mostly dark but the sky was starting to brighten up, she could hear in the near distance the clanging of a hammer to metal. Vale rubbed her eyes, feeling the moisture at the corner of her eyes, "It seems like he is ready." Vale stated, turning her head to see the same few people sleeping peacefully in their spots.

Standing up completely, she placed the blanket back where she got it from and turned away to walk toward Mr. Tealeaf's Blacksmith. It wasn't a far walk, but a few moments by the time she reached the front door of the blacksmiths. The sound was louder than before, thus confirming her thought that it was Mr. Tealeaf hard at work. Vale pushed the door open slightly to see another old man, but this one was in far better muscular shape than the previous, probably from all the work he had done working on and shaping metal with nothing but the might in his arms and forearms. She opened up her inventory to withdraw the envelope she was asked to deliver to the blacksmith that was in her sights.

Edited by Vale

The door was slow to shut, but nonetheless it did so by itself. It made a familiar ring of a bell which immediately caused Mr Tealeaf to stop hammering away. Due to his age he was unable to move just his head, thus he turned his whole body to see a young and very fit dark skinned woman holding an envelope, "Ah you must be the woman Zakariah sent to me. He spoke highly of your alchemic prowess." The man's voice was much more gruff than Mr. Zakariah's. It was hard to notice but through the massive beard there sat a genuine and caring smile, "Why don't you come in here and talk to me." He stated as he slowly shuffled to sit in a chair.

Vale followed suite and sat in a chair near him, "Mr. Zakariah wanted me to deliver this to you." She held out the envelope. It took Mr. Tealeaf a moment to shift forward to reach for the Envelope, "He informed he that you might need assistance in your work, and wanted me to learn alongside as well." She promptly informed him.

Mr. Tealeaf chuckled, "Ah, so you're going to go out in the fields and collect some Boar tusks for me?" He questioned her, "I'd do it meself, but my back aint what it used to be. It has shown in my crafting quality, but I can give you some tips on how to use the forge. it would be a good learning experience for you." He followed up say, Vale nodding in agreeance. She was having a hard time paying attention to much of any what he was saying, she was about to start fighting for the first time in this world.

Edited by Vale

Vale stood up ready to go and achieve what she was asked to do to meet the requirements of the request she was just given, "I shall collect the boar tusks for you in order to finish whatever it is you're making." She roared with determination. He fist gripped as if to show a sign of absolute confidence, she was practically ready to bolt out of the door when Mr. Tealeaf patted his hand on the arm of the chair.

"Now before you go out there recklessly, don't get yourself in too bad of a pickle now. Don't fight multiple at the same time, and I only need three of them. Sometimes the boars don't always give off their tusks either when they die." He informed Vale. She took as many mental notes as she could, she wasn't scared of getting into a fight in this world. It would be just like her tournaments, the victor is the one left standing, and she always was the one last standing.

Vale would walk to the door then turn to look at Mr. Tealeaf, "I shall be careful sir." She bowed politely, "I will take my leave and get you those necessary boar tusks. No matter the length of time it takes." She assured him, then turned to take her leave. Making sure to shut the door behind herself and immediately begin her brisk paced walk toward the front gates of town.

Edited by Vale

Vale quickly made her way through the town, she was far more accustomed to the layout at this point from all the walking around she did. She didn't like being lost in a new world, but for awhile she didn't feel emotionally stable enough to venture out of the first time while she attempted to cope with what she had witnessed personally. Now though, Vale was ready to forge forward, and not let the past hold her back any longer. She was going to enjoy this world to the fullest that she possibly could, and the next thing that would accomplish that was fighting these boars.

Once Vale made it to the exit of town she took a deep breath, tightened the straps on both of her arm wraps. As she was about to step out she remembered that she didn't have her blade affixed to where it should be. She dropped her hand, something she still wasn't exactly accustomed to doing just yet to withdraw her weapon from her inventory. Once the sheathed blade appeared in her hand she affixed it on her backside with the strap wrapping around her waist. She adjusted the sitting of the blade, it felt a little awkward at first since it was practically resting on her rump. But before exiting town she attempted a withdraw, sheathing it to withdraw it again and again until it felt just right.

Edited by Vale

Vale first exiting the town paid attention to others who might or might not be doing the quest. The break of dawn was just beginning to occur over the horizon. There were only a seldom few amount of adventurers out in the fields so the number of boars were surprisingly high compared to yesterday during mid day. With the limited number of players, she watched how each of them got into combat with the boars. Every single adventurer had a different weapon so it was hard to guage how she should fight against the boars since she had a curved sword.

She looked up at her health bar in the top right, seeing her level was no longer the paultry one. That quest had managed to level her up not once but twice. She felt a little more comfortable with the increased health bar. It was a little disappointing that everything was measured in numbres instead of physical prowess, but she wasn't the creator of this world. She could only abide by how it worked. Withdrawing her curved blade she approached the first boar she could. Once she entered a certain distance even though the boar was not looking at her cause the red crystal above it's head to flash.

Quickly the boar turned and charged at Vale. Her natural insticts were to dodge, effortlessly she did but quick did she forget that she wasn't fighting with her knee's, elbows, feet and fists. It was with a sword. She swung her blade with a seeming difficult, and completely missed the boar without putting a single scratch on it. She looked to the upper right to see that just swinging her blade cost her energy. She flicked her eyes back to the boar to prepare for the fight.

ID: 77587 | BD: 4 (Miss) / MD 1 (Critical miss) | Boar Tusks Obatined: 0/3

Vale: 60/60 HP | 4/6 Energy -2 (Miss)

Boar: 5/5 HP

Edited by Vale

Vale gripped her blade tight and felt an energy flow into her blade, she looked at it quickly and noticed it starting glowing a bright purple. She flicked her eyes back up at the boar and grinning, "I think this means something." Vale then dashed after she finished speaking, the boar was unsuspecting of just how fast Vale was approaching. With one powerful sweep of her blade in a horizontal pattern she watched as the boars green bar of health depleted completely and the bar border vanished.

She flipped her hips to face her body in the direction of the boar just watch it explode into data particles. A small dialogue box appeared just infront of her body. It had details on what she gained from the loot, "I got two boar tusks! I only need one more to appease the requirements for this quest. Mr. Tealeaf will be so impressed with how fast I was able to get ahold of them!" She exclaimed, she peered around to see if there was another boar close and there happened to be one walking in her direction.

ID: 77588 | BD: 9 (Crit) / MD 10 (Negated by Death) | LD: 20 | Boar Tusks Obatined: 2/3 | 25 Col

Vale: 60/60 HP | 3/6 Energy -2 (Rage Blow) +1 (Regen)

Boar: -1/5 HP ((1 Base + 1 Skill + 1 Crit) x 2 (Rage Blow) = 6 DMG)

Edited by Vale

Vale awaited the boar to start wanting to charge at her, once it got close enough the crystal above it's head flashed just like the first one had. As it was just about to reach her she brought her blade down this time it was glowing slightly less than before. She saw a portion of it's health bar decrease, what she forgot to do trying to focus so much on the blade connecting with the boar, was dodge. The boar rammed into her mid section knocking her back and on the ground. She looked at the sky, "Why didn't that hurt at all? There was no feeling in it." She spoke out to herself.

She then performed a ukemi and returned to her feet after moment of laying on the ground. She quickly got her eyes locked back onto the boar, she didn't appreciate having the boar landing a solid hit on her, "I got the first hit. And I know I'll win... But I can't get lazy like that. I really do not like fighting with this blade." She spoke out, but she was kinda stuck with the weapon. She remembered hearing people having the Martial Arts skill, but it was a matter of when she obtained the skill, not if she would obtain the skill.

ID: 77589 | BD: 7 (Hit) / MD 7 (Hit) | Boar Tusks Obatined: 2/3 | 25 Col

Vale: 57/60 HP -3 HP | 3/6 Energy -1 (Reaver) +1 (Regen)

Boar: 3/5 HP (1 base + 1 skill) x 1 Reaver = 2 Damage.

Edited by Vale

Her eyes watching the movement patterns of the Boar to the smallest muscle movement. She had committed to reserving her energy at this point, it wasn't worth expunging everything and being unable to fight back. She needed to be patient, and patience was a virtue when it came to fighting. Every now and again she would find a moment to admire the fact that every single individual blade of grass would be affected by the feet of the little piglit. Though she would only admire the moment for specifically a moment, distractions were terrible to deal with when in the middle of a fight. Albeit these creatures were rather easy to defeat, it was best to never underestimate her enemy.

Once the boar turned it's body to face her she saw the movement she was anticipating. The Boar immediately charged headlong at her, she stepped forward and did a quick spin flip over the beast to easily dodge the creature yet also reposition her body angle to keep her attention on the boar at all times. She was impressed at how real the feeling of being in a fight was, but was also disappointed that pain was not something people would feel while in this world. She rubbed her stomach where the impact point was, she couldn't even feel the touch of her own fingers to her body. Something she knew she would need to get used to.

ID: 77591 | BD: 1 (Negated for Energy regen) / MD 2 (Miss) | Boar Tusks Obatined: 2/3 | 25 Col

Vale: 57/60 HP | 4/6 Energy +1 (Regen)

Boar: 3/5 HP

Edited by Vale

Before Vale was ready to do another dodge, the boar happened to flip a full 180 and recontinue it's previous charge. She tried to side step out of the way but the beast managed to clip her leg. She decided that this was not another opportunity she was going to miss and struck her blade into the beast again with the same slight glowing attack Vale had done before. The beasts health bar quickly changed from green to yellow to red, she took this as an indicator with the small sliver of health it had left as it being on it's last legs.

She repositioned her feet to ready herself for the creature. She flicked her eyes over to her health bar and was able to note that her health was not naturally regenerating like her energy did, "Well that's an inconvience. I'm really going to need to manage my health as well as my energy. I'll need to figure out how to fix that." She spoke to herself reaffixing her eyes onto the boar at this point in her self speech. She gripped on her blade tighter, then shifted her body for a lower stance, trying her best to find some way to make fighting with this weapon comfortable to her.

ID: 77591 | BD: 6 (Reaver) / MD 6 (Hit) | Boar Tusks Obatined: 2/3 | 25 Col

Vale: 54/60 HP -3 HP | 4/6 Energy -1 (Reaver) +1 (Regen)

Boar: 1/5 HP (1 base + 1 skill) x 1 Reaver = 2 Damage.

Edited by Vale

Vale stood still, she slowed her breathing trying to keep her moments of actions in between her heartbeats as she was trained to do from such a young age. Her patience was notable, she didn't need to rush the fight, it wasn't worth the effort. She needed to get a feel for how the system worked through and through. Rushing her fights to a quick and decisive victory wouldn't help her learn too much, the one downside of this world. One cannot learn from defeat, because defeat in this world meant the ultimate demise.

Vale bit the side of her lip with that thought running through her mind. She remembered the countless number of times she lost her fights and what she would take as a lesson from them. The boar crept closer, every three steps forward it took, one step would Vale take backwards. The boar was close enough to practically bite her after a moment, and it took the opportunity to jerk it's head to try and claw her with it's tusk. Vale was prepared for any action the boar was going to try to use to harm her, with a quick flick of her hips she easily avoided it. Swiftly she repositioned her body to be aimed at the boar to continue being ready for it's attack.

ID: 77593 | BD: 3 (Energy Conservation) / MD 2 (Miss) | Boar Tusks Obatined: 2/3 | 25 Col

Vale: 54/60 HP -3 HP | 5/6 Energy +1 (Regen)

Boar: 1/5 HP

Edited by Vale

The boar's side was exposed to Vale, the opportunity was too good to pass up. Vale lifted her blade and dropped it down on the head of the boar as hard as she could, immediately what was left of the health bar of the boar depleted completely making the health bar border vanish. Afterwhich the boar glowed a blue light and shattered into data fragments fluttering in the air, Just as before the dialogue box appeared just before her. Again it had two materials showing and more col that she obtained for defeating the monster.

Vale smiled happily, "Hot damn, that's all the materials needed, and I can finally buy some food with the money earned from defeating these monsters!" She exclaimed to herself. She looked up toward the town which wasn't so far away due to the large amount of monsters in the area. She saw a group of people exiting the town getting ready to do some farming of their own. She turned to look at the horizon and the sky was beginning to shine a lot brighter. The sun was no longer hidden over the edge, it was already past the edge point, "Time sure does fly when you're focused and having fun." She exclaimed, then turned back to the town and began walking toward it.

ID: 77594 | BD: 6 (Reaver) / MD 9 (Negated by Death) | LD: 20 | Boar Tusks Obatined: 4/3 | 50 Col

Vale: 54/60 HP -3 HP | 5/6 Energy -1 (Reaver) +1 (Regen)

Boar: -1/5 HP (1 base + 1 skill) x 1 Reaver = 2 Damage.

Edited by Vale

With everything and secure while walking back to the town she realized just how many people were trying to exit the main gate. It seemed like everyone woke up around the same time and were making their way out. She would have to be patient in order to enter through the gates. So she stood patiently next to a couple other strangers whilest waiting. The various types of armor, equipment, weapons, everything was rather astonishing. She couldn't even count the number of players that were trying to exit at the same time. She tried to take in the sight as best she could, attempting to make note of everyone she saw.

After a few minutes, the conglomeration of players was beginning to break up and the small group that had formed to enter the town began moving forward, including Vale herself. Once she was finally in, she didn't hesitate in the slight. She started making way toward Mr. Tealeaf's smithery. She ran down the winding paths at rather impressive speeds for someone who was still considerably low level. After a little bit of running she found herself standing infront of the door where she was tasked to go and collect the materials. It was her first time seeing a smith work on their craft, she was completely excited.

Edited by Vale

Vale took a deep breath then exhaled as she prepared to witness the entire process of metalcrafting. She pushed the door open slowly, the familiar clang of a hammer to steel was becoming louder as the door opened wider. Once open far enough she stepped in, "Excuse me, Mr. Tealeaf I have acquired the necessary materials you have requested of me." She spoke out, The large gruff man turned his body as he had done before ceasing to bang his hammer at that moment. The door finally closed and the ring could be heard once again.

Mr. Tealeaf smiled wide, "Zakariah had informed me that you happen to get things done quickly. Not only are you good at making potions, but you're a good huntress as well. I only sent you out of here just an hour or so ago, you work fast Milady." He praised her causing the Vale to chuckle and smile brightly, "Now bring the tusks over to me." He requested, to which Vale promptly opened her inventory to withdraw all four of the tusks to be handed over to the large blacksmith.

Edited by Vale

When Vale brought up the materials to hand to him, Mr. Tealeaf looked at it and smiled, "Well aren't you the over achiever." He stated as he grabbed exactly three of the tusks with one hand and closing her hand on the final tusk with his other, "But you see Milady, I only needed three of them. Hold onto that last one, you might need it in the near future." Mr. Tealeaf's smile never fading as he spoke, he placed all three boar tusks on his anvil to be prepared to be merged into a weapon.

"B-But, I acquried all them for you Mr. Tealeaf-" Vale started to exclaim before Mr. Tealeaf place his hand infront of her to try and stop her from shouting. Her blood began to boil just a little bit because she felt rather disrepected by the action.

Mr. Tealeaf chuckled, "I appreciate you doing it for me. But I can't accept it in good graces since I asked only of little and you brought me more than I needed. So please keep it, and let me give you your reward for working so hard." His voice and attitude was enough to calm Vale, to which she nodded and sat down in the chair she initially did when first talking to him. She wanted to watch the process and didn't wish to cause Mr. Tealeaf any unnecessary grief.

Edited by Vale

Vale watched as Mr Tealeaf began working on the materials giving, encasing the boar teeth in molten metal. He began smacking at the metal formation thus far. After a few smacks he moved the heated metal into the heat treatment again and took a look at Vale, "Lass. Would you like to tell me what sort of item you would like me to craft for you Milady?" The gruff voiced man asked, "If I am to reward you with your item, I'll need to know what exactly it is that I am making for you." He followed up.

Vale sat and thought for a moment, then she took a look at her armwraps, "If it's not too much of a bother, could you please craft me gauntlets?" She asked as she continued to look at her armwraps.

"Gauntlets? You sure you don't want a sword, a shield, some armor to protect you?" His tone shifted from relaxed and confident, to a more concerned nature.

Vale nodded as she shifted her eyes from looking at her armwraps to looking at Mr. Tealeaf himself, "I don't like fighting with this sword. I honestly perfer to punch and kick things instead. I am very talented at that." A smile grew on her face, one of innocence and sincerity.

Edited by Vale

The large gruff blacksmith simply nodded, "Then I shall make you some gauntlets. You can punch things to your hearts content. And then some." Mr. Tealeaf let out a huge belly laugh that caused Vale to put her hand infront of her mouth as she chuckled along. After a moment of laughing he turned back to the metal that was being heat treated to pull it back out. The man moved it onto the anvil as fast as his back would allow him, then he immediately went to hammering away. Vale sat staring inquisitively, watching the sparks of super heated metal fly in the air inbetween each strike of the hammer.

At first it seemed like random striking, with no rhyme or rythem. She couldn't tell the fluxuation in strength either, he seemed to be able to strike it at the exact same strength with each smack. It took her a moment to realize that the hammer wasn't doing the primary of the shaping, her eyes affixed to the other hand that held the metal piece moving it in very specific patterns to achieve the shape he wanted. As much as she thought that blacksmithing would suite her physical strength, she wasn't feeling the same fire in her stomach like she was with the potions she made with Mr. Zakariah.

Edited by Vale

She had been sitting for a good fourty or so minutes, watching the man systemmatically hammer away at the metal. Often moving the thick piece of metal to the heat treatment  Just to bring it back out and hammer away at it again. Slowly the entire piece was beginning to take shape. i took the gruff Blacksmith a few more sheets of metal folded together to make the guantlet bendable. She could feel the sheer heat resonating within the building, the moisture in the air from the sweat coming off him. That fact didn't bother her in the slightest since this was for her sake.

An hour later it was all coming together. Two silver gauntlets that matched each other identically, the dark skinned girl just wanted to smile. Just as she was about to get up to try and accept the items Mr. Tealeaf turned to her, "Alright, the base is done. Now it needs it's design and color." He blurted out while holding them up.

Vale leaned back down into the chair, "What do you mean? Are they not done?" She asked with a twinge of curiosity to her voice. Vale was unaware that her finger was touching against her chin as she was more focused on the question.

Edited by Vale

Mr. Tealeaf laughed, "I can't have you walking around in bare gray items... It'd look terrible with your attire and physique. We need to extrenuate the colors of the items to a color pallet that suites you Milady." He thought about it and looked at her long luxurious hair color, "I think I know just what to do." He said to her with a smile. He took the gauntlets over to a long metal tube with a door on the edge of it. Mr. Tealeaf opened it up, then took a brush that was next to it, dipped it in some liquid and proceeded to cover the gloves in the liquid. After the gauntlets were coated in the liquid, he placed them inside then closed the door.

He brushed his hands together, then walked over to sit next to Vale, "They'll need about twenty minutes and they'll be the perfect shade of purple to compliment those eyes and hair." He said in a sweet, gentle tone that caused Vale to blush ever so slightly.

"Thank you so much, you didn't have to do any of that for me Mr. Tealeaf." She stood up and bowed graciously, "I truly mean it from the bottom of my heart, Thank you." Afterwards she reached out and gave him a hug.

Edited by Vale

Mr. Tealeaf started to swoon a bit feeling the embrace of a well build woman in all facets, "Oh you don't need to thank me for anything Lass, I need to thank you for giving me the chance to make these for you." He responded in kind and reciprocated in the hug. As Vale took her seat back, she looked up at Mr. Tealeaf as he cleared his throat, "At some point you need to come visit me again to tell me all the adventures these guantlets get to see. I know they're not the best, my muscles are not what they used to be." He admitted, but his smile never fading, "I hope you mantle them to remember where you started and where you end up."

Vale was about to cry at this point, the man was sharing such wonderful feelings with her, "Of course I will Mr. Tealeaf, you and Mr. Zakariah have been nothing but kind and gracious. After everything that has happened, I am so happy to have had the chance to meet you." She couldn't hold back the tears as one began to stretch it's way down her face.

As she wiped the tear from her eye the sound of an alarm went off, "Me too Ms. Vale." He responded, then stood up and acquired the gauntlets from the chamber they were placed. The guantlets that went in a steel gray, came out a vibrant amethyst purple with a crystalline shine to them, "May they serve you proudly, now go and enjoy your adventures." He finished as he handed her the guantlets. She nodded and took her leave as the emotions they shared were enough for the both of them to handle.