[F7-NK-PP] Of Flying Snakes and Sandy Dunes. <<Case of Wurms>> (Dominion)

The Seventh Floor provided a rather pleasant expedition. The nice weather of Spring; the cool breeze from the mountains; the sun-light shining. It's a perfect place at this time of the year. However, Husky wasn't here for a pleasing walk. Soon after found out about a field boss available in the sandy area of the seventh floor. The Information Broker reported the boss as a giant snake that move between the sand hills. It might be difficult to face the beast, but Husky isn't someone to back down from a challenge. At least he got Woofles with him, so when the circumstances come, he always have a helping hand from his companion. 

Depart from Nimbus after Husky has downed his Minor potion of Sharp Dragon-fang the warrior has bought before the trip, Husky made his way toward the large town "Deep Edge" not far from the starting town. The trip wasn't too much of a difficult. Monsters don't appear near the cobbled pathway a lot, making the trip less arduous. However, the Silver Warrior had not expected the trip to Deep Edge to be longer than a few hours. It took him almost to noon to get there, with the pathway snaked around the mountains. To the side, Husky saw the sandy dunes where the boss is located..

However, it has gone pass mid day. Husky was exhausted, fending off any wild encounters he had on his way to the Deep Edge. Woofles resting on his shoulder plate. He too was exhausted from the journey. Letting out an exhausted sigh, the Warrior decided to took a small rest in the town, recover his stamina, and have a nice snack from the local's shop. It would be nice to learn new things for his tavern too. However, he had thought about moving to a better location, rather than the misty forest, void of travelers

[Consumed: 1 Rare Damage Potion: +2 DMG]

Edited by Husky

Dominion was commonly passing the 7th floor, having come to this floor only once or maybe twice before. He stood, wearing no armor or weapons while inside the borders of the city. He had slept the night in this arid and dry place, which was actually normal for Dominion to do. He had trained to be out in these types of places, where food and water were scarce. He would also learn how to fight on small rocks, sometimes as small as the sand from the dunes. He had a flash back to his travels throughout the countries, the most vivid one being Egypt. However, upon remembering that his father and himself were not welcomed there, he simply continued to walk. Changing the topic inside his mind, he thought about where he would most likely be able to get his Green Tea. To his recollection, he hadn't asked the NPC's in the tavern on this floor if they had any Tea at all. If it was anything like the other floors, it would take many days for them to ship it to them. Dominion raised his arms and placed them behind his head. He stopped in front of what he could only guess was the tavern and proceeded to open the door.

The rush of cool, shaded air hit him like a brick wall. "Woah", Dominion said as he blinked his eyes. His messy blond hair waved a bit from the wind outside, slowly taking more of a still form atop his head. He scanned the inside of the tavern before taking another step forward, the bartender looking at him. Dominion lowered both his arms from the back of his head, his usual resting position. He waved at the bartender, and then spotted a great location to sit and wait. He needed to catch up with what had happened on this floor recently, if anything.

The town reminded Husky of the villages in his home floor. The architecture had the familiar medieval style, similar to Delilah in the third floor. The town however, was almost as big as the starting town on the third floor. He did stop here for lunch, and near the town's plaza, the Warrior could see a small tavern. Nothing out of the ordinary, the place seems very cozy, and there're people inside, enjoying the day as well. He might give it a try, maybe, they'll have good food too. Woofles seemed to agree. His head sprang up, looking around in excitement. 

Entering the tavern, Husky was welcomed with the same familiar feeling he had while working in his own tavern. The place isn't grand, but it has its charm. tables are all set and clean, and the NPC bartender seemed very friendly as well. While browsing for a good table to sit in, the brunette saw someone that interested him. A man, roughly of his age, blond hair, a gold necklace hanging loosely around his chest , sitting alone in a table. He carried no weapons, and the hand wraps around his hands and arms tells him he might be a Martial Art user, like him. Martial Art isn't the best to use, as its damage do falls off later on, but it fits Husky, and that's why he use it. 

Husky settled down to a table opposite to the strange man. Woofles sat next to him, wagging his tails side to side in excitement. Husky averted his attention to the man for a brief moment, after his order is completed. Tried not to be too subtle, he quietly eyed the man. His body physique supported Husky theory that he might be a Martial Artist, but he just have to make sure. "Hey," The Warrior called out, "sorry to interrupt you, but I have to ask... Are you perhaps a Martial Art user?" he questioned, his expression filled with curiosity.

Edited by Husky

Dominion smiled, waiting as he sat in his seat. The waiter or waitress would be over sometime, in which he would hopefully know what to ask. People were exiting and entering continuously through the door, but one seemed to focus on him. He noticed the animal by one of the player's side, seemingly happy. Dominion was asked by the man who sat at a table opposite of Dominion, "Sorry to interrupt you, but I have to ask... Are you perhaps a martial art user?". Dominion was surprised by the question, brought up so suddenly by the stranger. Dominion didn't mind making conversation with players coming to the tavern. That exact question had come up very recently in other introductions, but he still found it hard to explain. He didn't have the marital art ability yet, but he had studied in martial arts since he was very young. He didn't think much before he replied, moving his hands behind his neck. "I don't have that sword art in this game... but yes, I have trained in martial arts back in China." Dominion realized that he didn't have the appearance of a china-man, but he was there none the less. Dominion smiled to the stranger. "Might I ask what your wolf's name is?", Dominion moved his head to the side, trying to get a decent look at it. He had left Enma out in the environment. Enma preferred not to enter any buildings, not really wanting the interaction.

Edited by Dominion

"Ah. I see." Husky nodded. It's certainly odd that someone with martial art experience in real life wouldn't prioritize leveling Martial Arts to max first. Your real life skill might help you in combat, but if you don't have sword arts, your damage would be abysmally low. However, Husky had no further question. Everyone have their own strategy, and he was certain that the stranger have had something in his mind. No possible way would he be as confident as he is now without one. "I'm a Martial Art user myself, and its rare to see another player using it." Husky explained, returned a friendly smile to the stranger.

"Oh, this little guy? His name is Woofles. He's not much in size, but the little knackers is a resilient one." Husky looked over to Woofles sitting by his side, petting the little wolf. Woofles wagged his tail side to side, snuggled his head closer to his master. "The familiar systems does help somewhat in combat. However, getting one is a real pain considering the willingness of some monsters varied." 

Dominion grinned when he heard of yet another player with the sword art skill, Martial Arts. The idea that more people were collecting the skill was just another thing to be joyful about in this supposed death game. Dominion was still too focused on the wolf cub to make any other acknowledgement toward Husky. "Woofles... was that a name you came up with that would also be easy to remember?". Dominion refocused on Husky's next statement, "I can agree with that... my familiar won't come into this tavern... I don't know if I will ever be able to convince him to do anything." Dominion said, his grin slightly wavering, but still on his face. "Anyway, my name is Dominion the Monk. If I might ask, what is your name?" Dominion asked Husky. He got the idea that this conversation had something to it, even though it was just as likely nothing but small talk would happen. Placing his hands down on the table in front of him, his spirit monkeys were intertwined with the finger digits, the black engravings of monkeys facing outward.

"Ah! How rude of me! I haven't introduce myself properly yet. My name is Husky. It's a pleasure to meet you." Husky exclaimed, stood up from the table and extended his hand. Settled back to his seat, the Warrior brought Woofles onto his lap, allowing Dominion to get a better view of him. The little wolf rested snugly in his master's lap. "Woofles is just a silly name I came up with, it's nothing special much." Husky replied to Dominion's question. He was indeed intrigued with the stranger's familiar, just as Dominion has his interest with Husky's little snow-wolf. 

The two had a nice conversation as they enjoy their meal. Exchanging information about their previous life before they all get trapped in this world. It was relaxing to sit back and have a small chat with someone for once in a while. The brunette shared some information about his small tavern hidden in the mist on the third floor; how he got the scar on his face; the troubles he went through to get Woofles; as well as other eventful things in the past

. "Well, I suppose you already know of this, but I came to this particular floor for the field boss <<Amphis Serpens>> on this floor. I believe it's by the sand area near this town." Husky explained why he traveled up to this floor. 

Dominion didn't expect to hear that quest name, even though he basically knew someone on this floor was bound to say it. He could remember his abdomen flowing green, poisonous pixels as his body began to lose massive amounts of health. The two headed serpent of myth was definitely a force to be reckoned with for players without sword arts and only evasive armor. One solid hit from that mob and you death was almost guaranteed. He did not want to relive that moment again, if at all possible. However, he had changed much since that combat had ensued and Dominion would likely do fine against such a field boss at his current level. Weighing the options in his head, he came up with a definitive conclusion. "Well Husky, if it is not too much trouble, I would like to join you in this quest. I have no idea how much you can use someone with damage output, but my main build at the moment is a healer. I one in few you can find in Aincrad at the moment, so my talents and skills are highly sought after. However, I stick to being with the lower levels, since they usually have the more enjoyable life stories." Dominion laughed, remembering the players he had adventured with on the third, fourth, fifth floors. They all had seemed scared to journey, but it was clear that this guy was in no way new. He had attained the martial arts skill already, and was probably focusing on much more important things. Nevertheless, Dominion would wait for his new friend to accept him as a teammate or rejected him as an associate.

"Oh! So you are a healer?" Husky exclaimed in surprise, making Woofles jumped a little from his master's excitement. "It's rare to see a healer around in the lower floor. In fact, I don't believe I've seen a healer at all." He continued, recalling to any information about any specific player specialized in healing. It's truly an exotic sight to see one. "You know, your assets would be very valuable in the front line. A bit of healing to assist the guys as they push through the boss." 

"So, you haven't done the quest either?" Husky asked. He could only assume that Dominion haven't face the monster yet, or at least he hasn't kill the beast. "I'd gladly take your your offer. I can't really tell what the boss's capable of, so a helping hand would always be nice. Beside, you can stay back and heal me up, while I'll stay in the front and take the boss's attention. If anything, I have two teleport crystals that would bring both of us out if anything went south." The warrior smiled, accept Dominion's request to come. The more people, the heavier fire power. There's no reason to refuse his assistance. 

@Dominion

Edited by Husky

Dominion knew that healers were not easy to come upon, and to this man, that would hopefully be a good omen. However, the last time he had confronted this beast that dwelt in the sands, he found himself taking large amounts of damage. He would have to plan ahead for that situation. However, Dominion let the man finish his first sentence, which was really organizing Dominion's thoughts. Dominion listened to the man basically accept his offer, although there were some words about teleport crystals. Amazingly enough, Dominion had never heard of these "teleport crystals" before, and decided to ask about them. He got the idea that, whatever they were, they could be very helpful if combat would go out of hand. Dominion asked his question, "What are teleport crystals...?" Dominion began to stand up, his body ready for action and combat. "Anyway, we can discuss this stuff as we travel through the arid sands."

Edited by Dominion

Husky quickly paid for his meal, before accompanied Dominion as the two leave the tavern and make their way outside the town. On their way to the Sandy dunes where the boss was last known, the warrior has opened his party menu and send an invitation to the newly met companion of his. "Oh, so you haven't heard of the Teleportation Crystals? Let me give you a quick brief before we start." Husky exclaimed, before opened another trade menu, and passed over one of his two Teleport Crystal to Dominion. "Well, you seemed to know your way around with healing, so I'll assume that you must know how to use a crystal. It's simple. All you have to do is to equip the crystal in your hand, and call out the name of the town you wish to travel to. The thing will be consume, and you will appear in that town." While walking, the Warrior explained the function of the Teleportation Crystal.

Exiting the town, the two swiftly made their way to the sand area. Already, Husky could feel something was rather... unpleasant in this upcoming battle. He have faced tough challenges by himself before, but still, he couldn't shake off the eerie feeling of confronting the boss, even with the help of a healer. He'll just have to see. Standing before the sandy hill, from a distance, both could see a health bar floating beneath the sand. <<Amphis Serpens.>>

{ Send 1 Teleport Crystal to Dominion}
| [-1 Teleport Crystal]

Edited by Husky

Dominion walked beside his friend and the wolf cub familiar, eager to see battle. This would surely be a better day than the past encounter with this flying and sand swimming, two headed serpent. He listened carefully as Husky told him the use of the teleport crystal. It was both simple and elaborate at the same time. It seemed as though he could just escape the battle with this crystal as long as he held it in his hands when he intended to leave. That would be good if, on the off chance that things were to get really bad, he could get away from combat. However, he doubted that he would need that. He would just need to survive with his friend until the combat ended and when they would be victorious. Dominion opened his menu from memory, swiping his hand to the side and accepting the invitation. They would have a mighty fun time, assuming they could track the serpent while it slithered in air and sand. Both Dominion and Husky caught sight of the green health bar, labeled appropriately but with no sign of a body to match. "Alright, your up first" Dominion said with a smile, having equipped his battle gear. His already equipped spirit monkeys seemed to shine with the sun's golden gleam. His Monkey King Armor also glinted in the sunlight, but on a much lesser scale.

Edited by Dominion

Husky nodded, as he stepped into the sand arena, readied to face the monster. Reacting almost immediately, the boss slowly approach the two. Husky could see the health bar getting closer and closer. Strike a fighting pose, the Warrior waited for the Boss to show itself.

Without a warning, the twin snake's head lunged forward. As one missed, the other got Husky on his chest. The fang of the serpent sank into his shoulder, through his armor. The other head search around for a second victim while Husky is pinned. However, it couldn't find Dominion, for the monk has yet to enter its domain. Winced as the snake's jaw clamp down onto him. However, the attack leave the snake open for an attack. Charged his sword art, the Silver Warrior flung his fist to the snake's head, unleashed the <<Acupuncture>> skill onto the snake with full force. A flurry of punches snapped at the snake, under its chin and onto its eye. Letting go of Husky, the snake writhed in pain, before coiled itself back, prepare for another attack. The wounds inflicted on Husky's shoulder turned from red to line green particles. He could see his health bar depleting. 

@Dominion

ID: 79165
BD: 7+1-1 (Hit)
MOB: 10 (Critical Hit!)

Husky: 278/340 HP | 24/34 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC (-1) | 1 HM | Hate: 1 ( -( 70 -30 MIT) = -40 DMG) ( -20 Poison)
Dominion: ??

V.S.

Amphis Serpens: 112/175 HP | 70 DMG | 45 MIT | ( -((12 * Accupuncture: 3x3) -45 MIT) = -63 DMG)

Edited by Husky

Dominion watched as his party member moved forward with determination. This battle would be over soon... Until Dominion noticed the first snake head split the small pieces of sand which made up the dunes that they stood upon, biting out at Husky. While the first one was biting Husky, the other head came out from the ground and sought out Dominion. He stepped to the side, his hands up to block the giant fangs from chomping off his head. It barely missed his main body and took a mighty sized bite out of his shoulder. Enma, Dominion's familiar, came from the direction which they had come from. However, Dominion was also having trouble seeing where Husky was in comparison to himself, half his body being bitten by the massive head. "Where are you Husky?" Dominion said, able to see the health bar drop but no direct sign or figure of him. Dominion would have to wait another turn if he intended to find him and heal him.

ID: 79178
BD:5 (-1) (miss)

Husky: 278/340 HP | 14/24 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC | ( -( 72 -30 MIT) = -42 DMG) (1/5 Poison) ( -20 Poison)
Dominion: 401/480 HP | 48 EN | 3 DMG | 3 MIT | 3 EVA (-1) | -1 ACC | (-(72 -3 MIT) = -69 DMG) (1/5 Poison) (-20 Poison) (+10 Battle Healing)

V.S.

Amphis Serpens: 112/175 HP | 70 DMG | 45 MIT | ( -((12 * Accupuncture: 3x3) -45 MIT) = -63 DMG)<---(doesn't add thorns on a crit)

Spoiler

-Due to the sand and movement of the boss, all players receive -1 to evasion and accuracy. 

MIT: 45

Damage per Attack: 70
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turns that cannot be mitigated.

Edited by Dominion

Seeing the twin headed serpent has recoiled back, Husky waited to time, charging in to attack the beast. Immediately attack, the snake lunged forward, both head aimed for Husky. Nimble on his feet, the Warrior ducked aside, tumbled across the sand. He saw his chance in front of him. If he don't take action now, it would be too late. Husky readied his sword art, before once again flung himself toward the massive beast. The flurry of punches almost missed, but alas, it connected, plunging the snake's health bar down to the yellow mark. Finished his <<Acupuncture>> combo, the Silver warrior jumped back, re-positioned himself to near his ally when Dominion called out. The Sand storm caused by the thrashing of the giant serpent make navigation became a chore, so he'll have to rely on sound instead. 

Running toward his companion, with Woofles strictly close behind, the Warrior shouted out for his partner. "Don't attack it yet!" Husky knew that Dominion wouldn't have any sword art to deal damage, considering he hasn't learn the Martial Art skill, nor did he have any weapon. Once Husky had reached where his partner was, he found that the snake has dug itself back underground. Just like the Land Shark on the Fifth floor, at any moment, the snake can come out of the sand and attack them. The two have to be on guard. "Stay close behind me. Right now, I have its attention, so it's best that the snake focus on me. You should refrain from attacking, since you're putting yourself at risk if you do so." Husky explained, scanned the surrounding. If the ground beneath them start to rumble, he'll know what to do.

ID: 79201
BD: 5-1+1+1 (HM) = 6 (Hit)
MOB: 3+1 = 4 (Missed)

Husky: 278/340 HP | 15/34 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC (-1) | 1 HM | Hate: 2
Dominion: 401/480 HP | 48 EN | 3 DMG | 3 MIT | 3 EVA (-1) | -1 ACC | Hate: 0

V.S.

Amphis Serpens:49/175 HP | 70 DMG | 45 MIT | ( -((12 * Accupuncture: 3x3) -45 MIT) = -63 DMG)

Edited by Husky

Dominion watched as another battle scene occurred in front of his eyes, blurred by the sands. Enma hoped up onto his shoulder as Husky suddenly found himself beside Dominion. Dominion extended his arm and gave Enma a fist bump. "its about time you got hear, you mischievous monkey" Dominion said to Enma, right before Husky began to speak. Husky could tell that the attention was now presently on him, which would surely help. However, with the games rules, that could only stay mostly true if Dominion didn't build up his own hate and anger. Dominion could tell that they were both still suffering from the poison of the serpent, but he could dull the affect on his friend for a while. Dominion smiled, extending his arm to pat Husky on the shoulder. "No worries friend, you need as much health as you can get", Dominion said as his left spirit monkey began to glow a golden hue. Husky was really close to full health after just one heal from Dominion, which would be very good

ID: 79240
CD: 6(+3)=9 (success) Heals (360*.16)=58 (-20 from poison)

Husky: 316/340 HP | 15/34 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC (-1) | 1 HM | Hate: 2
Dominion: 391/480 HP | 48 EN | 3 DMG | 3 MIT | 3 EVA (-1) | -1 ACC | Hate: 0

V.S.

Amphis Serpens:49/175 HP | 70 DMG | 45 MIT | ( -((12 * Accupuncture: 3x3) -45 MIT) = -63 DMG)

Edited by Dominion

Husky could feel a warm glow on his chest. The red pixels left on his chest from the snake's bite slowly regenerated back to its original form. In the corner of his eyes, Husky could see his Health Bar slowly refilling up to full, or at least almost. Giving Dominion a nod of appreciation, Husky averted his attention back to finding the great twin headed serpent. 

At that moment, he felt the ground started trembling beneath his feet. Moving away from Dominion to avoid any collateral damage, Husky managed to duck aside just as the snake emerged from the ground, its wings spread wide like a massive cobra, as the two pairs of sky sapphire eyes stared down at the Silver Warrior. Husky stood tall, striking his fighting pose, readied for the monster to attack. Provoked by the taunting pose, the serpent lunged at the warrior. Ducked aside just in time, rolling over the sand, Husky regain his footing swiftly before throw himself back to the snake. The attack connected truly. The sword art struck onto the body of the snake, plummeting the boss's Health Bar to zero. The fierce punches from the <<Acupuncture>> punches through the Amphis Serpens's defense, and in a short moment, the boss glowed in a bright glaring light, before bursting to millions of tiny particles, slowly fading into the air. Shortly after, the two fighter both received a notification of congratulation, and thus, the battle ended.

ID: 79274
BD: 7-1+1 (Hit)
MOB: 3+1 = 4 (Hit)

Husky: 316/340 HP | 6/34 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 14 THR DMG | 1 ACC (-1) | 1 HM | Hate: 3 
Dominion: 391/480 HP | 48 EN | 3 DMG | 3 MIT | 3 EVA (-1) | -1 ACC | Hate: 0

V.S.

Amphis Serpens: 0/175 HP | 70 DMG | 45 MIT | ( -((12 * Accupuncture: 3x3) -45 MIT) = -63 DMG)

Edited by Husky

Dominion watched Husky give him a nod. Dominion remained in his spot, watching as Husky ended combat. Getting into a warrior's stance, not similar to the stances taught by the monks, Husky attracted the attention of the boss. It looked down at him, targeting him. Husky quickly averted any potential damage. He then used a sword art and, with style, finished off the two headed snake boss. It shattered into dust upon contact. Dominion began to clap, truly fascinated by the speed at which this boss went down. The notification of congratulations also appeared, large and in the way. Dominion swiped away the notification, after approving the few awards. Three hits was all that was required to take down this boss. When he was in combat with the boss the last time, he wasn't so fortunate. He smiled as he clapped, Husky standing in the sand. "Well, that was impressive. Won't lie, I need to get my hands on a sword art one of these days, but I can guarantee it won't be for quite a while." Dominion smiled, giving a fist bump to Enma on his shoulder. Dominion refocused on Husky as he turned around "If you wouldn't mind walking back to the city with me, I would be most grateful for company. Also, If you ever have another quest that you could use a healer, just PM me and I will be there" Dominion said, his optimistic smile visible for miles away.

Brushing the sands off his body as Husky let himself relax, the Warrior walked back to his partner with a slow pace. "I was expecting more of a struggle, but the fight turned out much better than I had anticipated." Husky responded to Dominion's compliment. "Beside, the boss isn't anything much. Its mechanic is similar to the <<Land Shark>> back on the Fifth floor, so all you need is to study it movement pattern." The Warrior continued.

Let his hands stretched over his head, Husky picked up Woofles trotting on the sand floor, and place him back on his shoulder. "I would have gone straight back to my home floor, but there're still some time left before dark. Sure, I'll accompanied you back to the town." Husky nodded at Dominion's invitation, returned a friendly smile. The two soon make their way back to the nearest town, Deepedge. The way back wasn't any difficulty. Not much monster were encountered on the way, and the rest was easily sneaked pass.

@Dominion

Edited by Husky

Upon arriving at Deepedge, Dominion turned to Husky and Woofles. A smile shown on his face, his skin slightly dirty from the sand that had ravaged around him during combat. His yellow hair was a mess, while his armor seemed almost unscathed. It was a fine armor, designed by Aereth, someone that Dominion had seen during one of the first days with Domarus. Shrugging any current thoughts aside, Dominion raised his hand. Dominion was known to have a keen eye for some of the more subtle things, such as watching and learning. Dominion swiped that hand slightly to the right, opening his friends list and sending a request to husky. Once Dominion had sent the request to Husky, he waved his goodbye to Husky and Woofles, Enma jumping around Dominion, and then landing Dominion's shoulder. Enma kept his arms crossed as Dominion turned to walk in search of a comfortable place to stay the night.

Edited by Dominion