[SP-F1] Return to the forest <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> [Complete]

Poking the chest a few times with his knife, he half expected for the chest to explode or the like. When it didn't burst into flames, he began to fiddle with the rusty lock. He looked around for a key, but came up with nothing. Thinking that it was old enough, he tried to use his knife to pry off the lock. And even with his poor strength, the lock was fairly weak anyways.

Using both hands, he hefted up the lid to find himself face to face with an array of items. Three small bags of dried, crushed up herbs, a small stack of Col, and a few strange masses. For the last items, he tried to use his "Search" skill on them, only for them to come up as "Unidentified". Pushing his worries aside about taking something unknown from a shady chest, he began to place the various items into his inventory.

Smiling, he materialized a piece of bread and placed it back into the chest as thanks to the forest, and continued down the path. He exited the forests without further incident, avoided any trouble at the fields, and made it back safely back to the "Town of Beginnings", where he found himself in front of Zackariah's place.

[Opening Chest]

ID: 104312

LD: 9

[Consumed 1 Bread]

[Gained 75 Col]

[Gained 3 T1 Materials]

[Gained 2 Unidentified Rare Consumables]

Edited by Merlin

Entering, he gave a small wave to the old man, whose eyes brightened up seeing Aden. Zackariah was standing next to his work area, seemingly in the middle of something. Waving him closer, the elder gave him a large smile.

"Have you gathered my materials yet?"

Aden materialized the 5 quest materials and passed it to  Zackariah, who gave a hearty chuckle at the sight of them.

"Good work, now let me fufill my promise, come now."

He took the mushroom that I gathered first and cut off the cap, putting the stalk away and placing the cap into a nearby mortar and pestle. Zackariah crushed it into a pulp, and moved to boil it in a pot full of hot water. The liquid soon became a beautiful red, and after letting the mixture cool and straining it, he bottled it and smiled.

"You try now."

The excitement he felt from before began to return. Potions admittedly were tonics and non magical, Aden believed he can gain a clue in the creation of them. Aden grabbed the translucent bulb plant and began to repeat the process. Yet when he boiled it, it became a muddy brown. Confused, he took a glance at Zackariah, who gave him a blank look.

"You didn't remove the stem before you tried it..."

ID: 104325

CD: 3 [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

"Ah..."

An awkward smile plastered onto Aden's lips, he reached out for the next material, this time it was the orchid with a lunar glow. Gently cutting off the glower of the plant, he began to crush the petals into a pulp. The glow was still there as he scooped it into the pot.

Aden's expression turned into wonder as the flower acted like a drop of red dye, slowly spreading out into the rest if the water. Slapping his back, and giving a booming laugh, Zackariah smiled at Aden.

"Well done my boy. Before you go, if you do one more odd job for me, I'll give you a choice of a free potion."

After Aden nodded, he placed a package into his hands.

"I'm getting to old, so can you deliver this to a friend of mine? And just grab a box of potions before you leave."

Placing the box into his inventory, and grabbing a bundle of health potions, Aden waved goodbye, and walked back onto the street.

[Gained 1x Package]

[Gained 5x Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)]

Edited by Merlin

He heard the striking of metal ringing across the streets, and entering through the open door, he found another old man. Apparently this was the place for him to deliver the package, and so he waited for the blacksmith to finish up his craft.

Sensing that there was someone else in the room, Lyle Tealeaf, placed down his tools and wiped the sweat off his brow. Giving a grin, the elder waved him over.

"Hello lad, I'm gonna assume your form Zackariah? Glad it's finally done."

A little shocked that the stranger was able to guess his attentions, he simply materialized the package and handed it over to Lyle, who took it with a glimmer in his eye. After placing down the box on a nearby table, a screen appeared in front of Aden, saying quest complete.

Swiping it away, Aden had a small smile on him. His second adventure has concluded, and he was about to step outside when he was stopped by Lyle.

"Ah, before you go, mind helping me out with something? I need a few materials for weapons."

Hearing that, and seeing a quest notification pop up, Aden accepted it without a second glance. Smiling, Lyle spoke up once more.

"Great, all you have to do is kill a few baby boars and grab their tusks. Good luck!"

Stunned, the high of finishing the quest was doused by the implication of Lyle's words, and he groaned as he realized what he just got himself into...

[Quest Complete]

[-3x Bread]

[-2x Water]

[+475 Col]

[+4 T1 Materials]

[+2 T1 Unidentified Rare Consumables] (Gained from chest. Roll ID: 104312)

[+3 SP]

Edited by Merlin