[SP - F3] Gathering Mats and Destroying Evil Elves COMPLETED

On the third floor of the floating castle Aincrad, just outside Delilah village, lay plains and fields for large distances. With rivers and small forests cutting through the landscape it was a rather nice setting to behold. Though, being one of the lower floor levels resulted in it being rather empty of a majority of the players. Vargas had chosen to come up to this floor because it was time to get stronger. He didn't feel like fighting the boars and wolves on the first floor as much. At the same time, he felt it would be a good chance to get some pay back against some dark elves after his last encounter with one on a quest.

Looking over the riverbank from where he stood, Vargas started his trek to the Town of Flora since he'd yet to be there before. He was taking what Mestophales had said to him to heart. He really should see more of what the floors had to offer. Not just the mobs and quests that would let him gain levels. For now, he was gonna visit a new town and check it out. On the way he'd happily cut down some mobs that might cross his path. Especially those damned elves.

Edited by Vargas

"I wonder what Aereth might be up to," Vargas voiced aloud. He knew the guy had promised to help him collect Mats sometime whenever he asked. He still hadn't done that yet but with how low his stock was he might just have to take the guy up on that. It would definitely help him out since he hadn't been able to do any appraisals in awhile due to his low supply. Well I'll just look for some myself for now, Vargas thought as he looked around his vicinity. Sadly, he couldn't spot anything within distance of his current location so that was a bust. Though, he'd only just started walking so it wasn't like he wouldn't be able to find any by the time he reached Flora. Looking around however, he did spot....a bear. This was pretty new for him since he hadn't fought any bears before now. Though, he did help with some on a dungeon raid before but that was at a much higher floor than this one. Unseating his blade, Vargas steadily made his way to the mob.

ID #79152

LD: 3 (2 + 1) [No Mat]

Edited by Vargas

Once he was within moderate range of the beast Vargas raised his blade. He charged up his most powerful sword art, lightning fall, and charged towards the bear. Before it had time to react Vargas had successfully landed his attack, causing the bears fur to flash with electricity from the attack. The bear growled angrily at it's attacker and stood on its hind legs before swinging at Vargas. It's paws hit him further away with its body mass providing a lot of the power. Vargas staggered back due to the immediate hit he'd just taken. Looking at his health bar, he could see he'd taken a decent chunk of damage. "Well aren't you already being a pain. Guess I'll just have to kill you faster," Vargas said to the bear. It leered at him, as if accepting the challenge. It wasn't gonna go down without making sure Vargas took a damn good beating.

ID #79153
BD: 7 (5 + 2)
DMG: 5*8=40
MD: 8 (10 - 2)
DMG: (16+2)*3=54-18=36

Vargas 284/320 - 25/32 [+1/-8]
Bear 120/160

Edited by Vargas

This time the bear charged forward at Vargas due to it's agitated state. The bear growled as it charged him. It's mouth open and ready to take a bite out of him. Vargas waited for it to draw near before dodging out of the way. It wasn't hard due to the bears large bulk causing it to shoot or past him. If he'd tried to dodge sooner then the bear would've had time to adjust its movements. Vargas raised his blade as it shifted color to indicate his sword art was ready and attacked. The bear kept charging past, seeing as it had missed it's target, and intended to move out of the player's attack range. With that, Vargas's attack missed and simply discharged into the air, having no effect. "You know, you could just make this easier on me and just hold still," Vargas said as he brought his sword back up to a steadier level. The bear just looked at him with spite. "Fine then, I'll just have to make you into a bearskin rug for when I buy a house later."

ID #79154
BD: 1
MD: 4 (6 - 2)

Vargas 284/320 - 24/32 [+1/-2]
Bear 120/160

Edited by Vargas

Vargas's mention of turning the bear into an ornamental decoration didn't seem to go over well with the bear. He growled furiously and charged forward once more. This time, Vargas planned a different action. Couldn't have this mob getting wise to his actions each time. Otherwise, he'd be the one taking the hits instead. His Anneal Blade started to shine with the games sword art system as he prepared his attack. Once the bear was close enough, instead of dodging to the side, he jumped into the air. Allowing the system to take control, he performed a back flip above the bear and impaled his blade into its back as he came down on top of it. "Nice try but I'm not going to make you hitting me any easier for you than you are for me," Vargas said as he removed his blade and jumped off its back. The bear was absolutely livid right now. Vargas had gotten quite a bit of hate on it from all the damage he was dealing it. Once he the bear turned around to look at Vargas once more he decided to egg it on further. With one hand on his sword he motioned with the other for the bear come at him. "Let's see what you got big guy."

ID #79156
BD: 8 (6 + 2)
BD: 1 (2 - 2)

Vargas 284/320 - 17/32 [+1/-8]
Bear 80/160

Edited by Vargas

Instead of taking the bait the bear instead decided to walk around Vargas, looking for an opening. In turn, Vargas followed suit, not wanting the bear to catch him unawares or to get around behind him. They both paced around each other, eventually causing a noticeable circle from the grass lying down. However, the bear charged forward spotting something Vargas hadn't. Just gotta dodge out of the way again and I can use my sword art again and bring it's health down even further, Vargas thought. When the bear got closer he tended his legs and prepared to jump out of the way. At the last moment Vargas made a leap out of the bears direction, only to find his foot stuck in a dirt hole. "Son of a...!" Before he could finish cursing his luck the bear stood on it's hind legs and smashed down onto his body. "GAH!" He cried out as he was struck be]y the bears full weight. The mob repeated this action twice more before Vargas finally got his foot out and rolled away fro, the bears fourth body smash. "God damn that hurt!" Now Vargas was pissed And was looking forward to ending this thing right away.

ID #79157
BD: 4 (2 + 2)
MD: 8 (10 + 2)
DMG: (16+2)*3=54-18=36

Vargas 248/320 - 16/32 [+1/-2]
Bear 80/160

Edited by Vargas

"You know. Now that I think about it, having that ugly mug of yours added above the mantel of my fireplace might be nice as well. A bear skin rug, headless of course, and a stuffed bear head. I can see it now. Sitting in a comfortable chair, enjoying the warmth of the fire and drinking some hot chocolate or something nice. Yes, that sounds excellent." Vargas steadied his blade at mid level as he activated his sword skill. He wasn't going to allow this bear to exist much longer. He wanted the Col, the materials, and the gear he might get from it. Even if he didn't, he just wanted to finish it and walk away. This bear would know no mercy and would know nothing but the fact that it lost to him. Charging forward at the bear he raised his blade, feinting his attack. The bear swatted at Vargas, only to miss as he dived under its swing and rolled out behind it. Quickly gathering his footing he impaled the blade of his sword the bears shoulder blade. The bear released a large guttural noise of pain as it flailed its body from side to side, attempting to remove the blade and user from it. Vargas held on though, driving the blade deeper and watched as it's health dropped slowly.

ID #7915
BD: 8 (10 + 2) [4 Bleed]
DMG: (5+2)*8=56
MD: 2 (2 - 2)

Vargas 248/320 - 9/32 [+1/-8]
Bear 24/160 | Bleed 4 [2/2]

Edited by Vargas

With one hand gripping the fur of the bear, Vargas pulled the blade out just enough to shove it back in hard. The bear howled in rage and pain. It reached with its paws, attempting to grab ahold of its assailant but couldn't reach him. Eventually, the bear dropped to the ground and lay down as its health bar finally depleted. With its health completed gone the bear shattered into crystal pieces, leaving his sword and four bear skins behind. "Well, not exactly what I was hoping for in the end but it's definitely nice to get what I needed," Vargas said as he confirmed the loot drop and closed the game notice. Grabbing his sword off the ground from where it lay, he simply sheathed it and looked at his health. He'd only lost about a fourth of it in the end, which was pretty good for him when he though back to the dark elf he'd had to fight on this floor awhile back. Thinking of that quest he recalled Row's letter she'd left him. I wonder if I should message her and ask why she left, Vargas thought as he began walking to Floral town once again.

ID #79160
BD: 10 (10 + 2)
MD: 1 (3 - 2)

ID #79162
LD: 19 (18 + 1)
CD: 9 [4 T1 Mats]
160*3=480 Col

Vargas 248/320 - 2/32 [+1/-8]
Bear DEAD +480 Col, +4 T1 Mats

Edited by Vargas

As far as I know I didn't do anything to upset her, did I? Vargas thought as he continued his trek to the Town of Floral. He had no idea why she left. Just that she felt it necessary to do so. If he'd upset her then he would've noticed. At least, he thought he'd notice. Thinking back, he couldn't think of anything he did that might've upset her. Well, except for finish off the boar she'd been fighting once before. He'd been fairly observant when he was with Natalia and when she'd be upset with him so he didn't think that he was particularly blind to other people's moods. "Maybe she found someone she liked," Vargas said as the idea popped in his head. It would make some sense if she chose to go be with that person instead of spending time in his shop. He couldn't fault her for wanting to be with the person she cared for. However, Vargas couldn't recall any times when Row mentioned being interested in anybody before. He hadn't even seen her at the Valentine's ball so that was an unlikely probability.

ID #79163
LD: 4 (3 + 1) [No Mats

480 Col
4 T1 Mats

{1/3 Turns for Energy}
+3 HP recovered

Vargas 251/320

Edited by Vargas

Pushing past the question of Row's reasoning for leaving Vargas began wondering about Beatbox and Hirru. Maybe one of them might be interested in providing him some assistance later on for him to gather more materials and level up. He hadn't seen much of Beatbox lately for whatever reason. He was probably busy with leveling up on the front lines. Hirru was probably much the same. I got to get stronger. I can't just let everyone else fight for their way out. I may have chosen this life over the other but that doesn't mean everyone else wants it, Vargas though as his determination showed his desire to help his friends. Sure, he didn't have a close relationship with anyone, not like he did with Kito and Natalia, but he still felt like he should help in whatever way he could. Opening hi menu he looked at his current position and saw that he was about half way to the Town of Floral. It wasn't too much further on his venture. Perhaps he'd try messaging one of them and see if they'd be interested.

ID #79171
LD: 11 (10 + 1) [No Mats]

480 Col
4 T1 Mats

{2/3 Turns for Energy}
+3 HP Recovered

Vargas 254/320

Edited by Vargas

Of the people he knew were likely to be willing to help him he didn't have a whole lot of names. He hadn't made too many connections thus far so he still had room to grow. Thinking back on it, he did remember Mestophales suggesting that they should go on an adventure together. It sounded good but the thought of Mestophales put him a little on edge due to her usual demeanor. Just the thought ,are him have mixed feelings. When he'd first encountered her all she did was piss him off, but after being unsettled and winning a game of hide and seek it was easier to talk to her. 

Sure, she was fairly rowdy and a little hard to handle but she didn't seem all bad from one encounter. I might just have to take her up on that, Vargas thought as he slowly gave into the idea, besides, it could be fun. Sweeping his eyes across the field he still couldn't spot any materials or anything. It seemed the system was cutting back on the materials it gave out as it was becoming much more difficult lately.

ID #79172
LD: 2 (1 + 1) [No Mats]

480 Col
4 T1 Mats

{Energy fully replenished}
+3 HP Recovered

Vargas 257/320

Edited by Vargas

As Vargas continued traveling to the Town of Floral he eventually spotted a dark elf roaming the fields. Instantly, he felt for his blade's handle. He practically had PTSD flashbacks to when he did <<Worn Out Welcome>> and was nearly killed by a damned dark elf in the Forest of Wavering Mist. If it wasn't for Morgenstern being in the area he likely would've died and Row would've likely succumbed to the same fate. Removing his Anneal Blade from the scabbard he held the blade at waist height and made his way quickly to the dark elf.

The dark elf had wandered outside of it's home inside the Forest of Wavering Mists as it had wanted to do a little traveling. What it didn't expect was to be attacked by a passing player. Out of the corner of his eye the dark elf saw Vargas charging at him with his blade drawn and ready. By reflex the dark elf unsheathed his own dagger and prepared to defend himself. However, when Vargas was within range he overpowered the dark elf easily with his sword and unleashed his lightning fall sword art on the dark elf. "I'm gonna really enjoy ending you. Let's see what kind of gear I can get off of you," Vargas laughed, losing himself to the images of the past. The dark elf's eyes widened as it realized this player had gone mad. He tried to fight back and get some distance from the player but Vargas continued to push him back, giving him no leeway.

ID #79173
BD: 10 (10 + 2)
MD: 5 (7 - 2)

Vargas 257/320 - 25/32 [+1/-8]
Dark Elf 104/160 | Bleed 4 (2/2)

Edited by Vargas

"How's it feel to be the one shrouded in terror? Powerless? Horrifying? Well, that's good...for me," Vargas said menacingly, his eyes seeming to be shrouded by shadows. All he saw before him was the same dark elf from before, but this time he wasn't the one that was on the edge of death. He knocked the knife out of the dark elves hand and impaled him with his lightning fall sword art once more. He smiled as he watched its health drop further and further.

The dark elf couldn't do anything to fight back. It looked into the eyes of this player, who seemed to have lost himself to something within. The darkness he saw wasn't dissolving. Instead, it just seemed to get stronger and stronger. The darkness taking over Vargas seemed to shroud his mind completely. He laughed madly as his blade dug deeper and deeper into the dark elf. "How's it feel to fear death like I did?" Vargas asked darkly as the dark elf's health dropped into the yellow.

ID #79175
BD: 6 (4 + 2)
MD: 2 (4 - 2)

Vargas 257/320 - 18/32 [+1/-8]
Dark Elf 60/160 | Bleed 4 (1/2)

Edited by Vargas

I don't know how I... could have lived with myself... had he died.

"But I didn't die. I survived only because we were saved by another player. She cried because of you. Whether she really would've given up on herself because of me doesn't matter. The fact that you nearly killed both of us just...PISSES...ME...OFF!!!" Vargas screamed furiously as he fully removed the blade from the dark elf's chest, expecting to cut him down once more, only for the dark elf to duck down for his dagger and jump back. In his effort to escape the elf failed to keep his balance and ended up falling on his back. Seeing Vargas swing his sword in a hacking motion angrily, the dark elf rolled to the side narrowly dodging the attack.

"Just...hold...still..." Vargas said as he continued to swing his sword after the dark elf. He wasn't paying attention to his strike range and flailed his sword about as he indirectly aimed for the dark elf. The dark elf eventually got back up to his feet and parried Vargas's unfocused blows with his small dagger. "Why? Why'd she have to leave me behind? Damn it!" Vargas screamed out, losing himself to events from before the game.

ID #79176
BD: 4 (2 + 2)
MD: 1 (2 - 2)

Vargas 257/320 - 17/32 [+1/-2]
Dark Elf 56/160 | Bleed 4 (0/2)

Edited by Vargas

Vargas clenched his hands to the handle of his blade, no longer aimlessly swinging his sword. If this had been the real world then his hands would've been rubbed raw and bleeding at this point do to the tightness of his grip. His face held a grimace as he tried to suppress the memory, of sitting at Natalia's bedside at the hospital. The thought of holding her hand and crying after being told that she'd no longer be there. That she was gone and he was left. Tears slowly rolled down his cheeks as he felt his chest burning as he tried to suppress the agony and sorrow he felt. 

"Why? Why couldn't you stay?!" Vargas screamed as he stabbed the blade of his sword into the dark elf. At the same time, the elf had stabbed him in the gut with his dagger. Pulling back, he gripped the dagger and pulled it out. The wound releasing red lights providing a visual wound. He threw the dagger away and watched as the elf collapsed to the ground, barely able to stand as its health dropped to merely a sliver of health. Vargas had been able to apply a bleed effect and the elf would die, whether he did anything or not.

ID #79179
BD: 10 (9 + 2)
DMG: (5+1)*8=48
MD: 6 (8 - 2)
DMG: 16*3=48-18=30

Vargas 227/320 - 10/32 [+1/-2]
Dark Elf 8/160 | Bleed 4 (2/2)

Edited by Vargas

The dark elf lay on the ground, unwilling to move. Its health was too low to resist the inevitable outcome. He could feel his health depleting slowly as the bleed effect took affect. Vargas slowly gathered control of himself, the shadows over his mind dispersing. He looked up to see himself kneeling on the ground while the dark elf lay on the ground, slowly dying. He wasn't sure of how to feel. Sick at his actions or happy about releasing some of his stress. Either way, he was definitely feeling unwell. Raising a hand up he wiped away the tears that had gathered and spilled over his cheeks. Picking up his blade from the ground Vargas got up and made his way over the dark elf. He looked him square in the eyes before plunging his sword into his chest. Within a couple seconds, the dark elf's health bar was fully depleted and he shattered into pieces.

ID #79181
BD: 9 (7 + 2)
MD: 5 (7 - 2)

ID #79197
LD: 14 (13 + 1)
CD: 5 (Rare Weapon)
160*3=480 Col

Vargas 257/320 - 10/32 [+1/-8]
Dark Elf DEAD

960 Col
4 T1 Mats
1 Rare Weapon

Edited by Vargas

Sighing, Vargas sheathed his blade. He tried to push away what had just transpired but it clung to the edge of his mind. He'd let himself lose it. Sure, it was a mob that he'd lost it on, but what if he'd allowed himself to do the same thing later? What if it was a player he lost it on? Then he'd regret it even more. With his sword safely sheathed Vargas began walking once more. He didn't have much further to go to reach the Town of Floral. Once he got there he was going to rest, to allow his body to relax. It'd been over a year since Natalia died yet he still allowed his mind to wander and be shrouded by his negative emotions. One day, he was gonna have to face his demons or they'd consume him and then he'd no longer exist as himself anymore.

ID #79204
LD: 13 (12 + 1) [No Mats]

Edited by Vargas

It wasn't long before the Town of Floral was visible in the distance. The lake just beyond it, reflecting the light from the sun, looked inviting and would probably be a great place to rest. He could feel the cool breeze of the air as it traveled over the water. Closing his eyes, Vargas took a deep breathe, letting his body relax as he walked. The smell of the flowers that presided within the city was amazing. The scent of the floors wafted through the air and helped calm Vargas's mind down some. "I think I'll go hang out by the lake," Vargas said as he pushed forward. He wasn't too much further away and the sooner he got there the sooner he could rest. As he made his way he spotted a patch of flowers that he could gather for materials. Maybe I can get an alchemist to turn some of these into Potions, Vargas thought.

ID #79218
LD: 20 (19 + 1) [+1 Mat]

Edited by Vargas

"Wow! This place is really nice," Vargas said as he reached the outer limits of the town. Just from walking in, Vargas could see that the town's design was majorly akin to Delilah village. Though, the town looked like it had been reclaimed by nature as vines and foliage covered almost every inch of the buildings. Looking around Vargas saw nothing but flowers growing along every inch of the ground. I wonder if Mestophales would consider this place fun or exotic? Vargas wondered as he looked around the town. Probably not. It's a great place to hangout I guess but I don't think I could count this as fun or exotic. Vargas sighed as he concluded that thought. He really had a lot of adventuring to do if he wanted to truly experience what each floor had to offer. It's not like it was hard for him to travel through the floors, it just didn't feel relevant until recently. Looking out towards the lake Vargas decided he needed to rest. He hadn't done much today but he definitely felt exhausted from his earlier encounter. As he made his way to the lake-side he noticed some available materials and picked them up.

ID #79244
LD: 20 (19 + 1) [+1 Mat]

Edited by Vargas

Plopping himself on the shaded grass under a nearby tree Vargas leaned against the trunk and closed his eyes. It was nice to relax every once in awhile. Letting the stress of each day wash over him and leave his body. He felt the cool air dance across his face as he sat against the tree. Vargas opened his eyes and gazed over the water. The lake glittered with the refraction of light from the sun. Everything was peaceful and was starting to lull him to sleep. I should do this more often. It's really quiet and peaceful. I wonder if I could buy a house with a view like this? Yeah, that sounds good. Having a view of a lake with fair weather... Vargas contemplated as he felt himself slowly falling asleep. His eyelids began drifting back down as the became heavier and heavier. Eventually, Vargas was sound asleep with a comfortable look on his face.