[PP_F1] Prologue: Welcome to SAO <<Fanfiction Event>>

As the world materialized before him, Shiroji looked to his hands to find that it didn't even feel like he was in a game... It was so real... He could smell the scent of food in the air around the town, he could feel the wind in his face...

"This is amazing! Oh man, I can't wait to get started!" He exclaimed, reaching for the sword he chose to start out with, a two handed sword. Trying to wield it one handed, he was slow and sluggish. Gripping the blade with both hands at the hilt, he manages to swing it much easier.

"Wow... even the gear has the weight that it would have in real life... The guys that made the game really know their stuff..." Shiroji said in awe as he continued to gaze at his sword. eventually, he noticed the green bar at the top left of his vision. Next to it was his username, "Blaster."

"Guess I better get used to that name." He grinned, returning the sword to its buckle on his back as he waited for everyone to show up.

---

Blaster's Stats
Level 1
HP: 20
EN: 2
2HSS Dmg: 2

---

Invited Players:
Blaster
Alfred
Percyval
Luquier

In your first posts, please post your entering stats to avoid confusion for the GMs and PSTs. No need to go crazy, since we are all level 1, but it will be good to get into the habit of listing our stats before starting/joining a topic. 

Edited by Blaster

Waiting for his vision to focus, Alex's first instinct was to reach for his face. Surprised to find that it was like his real body was also in the game, he ran a hand through his hair, which he also felt. His vision finally clearing and focusing, he found Shiroji right in front of him, swinging his sword around.

"I figured that the first thing that you would do would be to swing your weapon around..." Alex chuckled, reaching for the lance that was resting on his back and let it rest in front of him, leaning over his shoulder as he marveled at how realistic everything was.

"Man... Kaiyaba really outdid himself with this... It all seems so real... too real if you ask me... But meh, that's the Full Dive tech for ya.. it's supposed to be that way." He said, allowing his gaze to wander at all the other players. Eventually, he decided to try out the menu and see how it worked. Swiping at the air in front of him with his arm, the HUD appeared, allowing him to browse through everything and learn where everything was. As he continued to scroll through everything, one thing he noticed that bugged him a little bit...

That's odd... where's the Log Out button? He thought, concerned slightly that there might be a bug in his Nerve Gear or something. Eventually, he shrugged it off and walked over to Shiroji. Meh, whatever... I'm sure I just overlooked it...

---

Percyval's Stats:
Level: 1
HP/EN: 20/2
1HAS Dmg: 2

The first thing that Corey experienced was the world around him vanishing in a flash of colors, then all went black. Slowly, he heard voices. far off at first, but eventually got closer as his vision also came into focus. He was definitely in Aincrad, SAO's world. Standing in front of him were his brother, Alex, and his friend, Shiroji. Alex seemed to be scrolling through the menu while Shiroji was testing out his new weapon.

"You guys don't waste any time, do you?" Corey asked, reaching for the blade at his hip and unsheathing it. The weight shocked him initially, as he wasn't expecting the blade to weigh the same as it would in real life... but after a couple of swings, he adjusted to it before returning the blade to its sheath. Looking around, he tried to see if their other friend, Erika, had made her way to the game yet.

"Has Erika appeared yet? I want us all to stick together until we get the hang of the game." Corey asked, hoping that there wasn't any connectivity issues for all four of them since they were all using the same internet connection to log into SAO. I didn't even consider that with all four of us on the same connection, we may have issues... Crap...

---

Alfred's Stats
Level 1
HP: 20
EN: 2
1HSS Dmg: 2

Edited by Alfred

Logging into SAO was quite the experience. Everything faded from view in a flash of loud colors and suddenly she felt weightless and everything went black, as if she was in space. Then finally, she felt the ground beneath her feet as she opened her eyes to get a good look of her surroundings, however everything was still coming into focus. Immediately, she could hear one of the boys talking.

"Has Erika appeared yet? I want us all to stick together until we get the hang of the game." She recognized that voice anywhere.

"I'm right behind you, dude... but remember, we shouldn't use our real names..." Erika told him as her vision finally focused to where she would walk up to Corey, grabbing her scimitar and testing the weight. It was lighter than she had expected, but then again a weapon generally used for quick and agile strikes typically would be. This will do nicely since they don't have whips as far as I'm aware in SAO... Though I think I will need to try and find a back-up weapon of sorts for when I need that extra oomph... She thought as she returned the scimitar to its scabbard at her hip. 

"So what's the plan? It's still pretty early, judging by the game's time... I wanna say that challenging a few low-class spawns would be ideal so we can get used to the battle system..." Erika Suggested, hoping to get things started as soon as possible.

---

Luquier's Stats:
Level 1
HP/EN: 20/2
1HCS Dmg: 2

Turning around, he noticed that Alex had entered the game shortly after him, teasing him about playing with his weapon.

"Well of course I'm gonna test it out. I wanted to see how realistic it felt! This is a full virtual dive! It's never been done before! Can't blame a guy for being excited!" He grinned, looking around for the others. Soon, Corey materialized before them as well, mentioning Erika as he did so. Shiroji shook his head.

"Not yet... I haven't seen-"

"I'm right behind you, dude... but remember, we shouldn't use our real names..." Someone said, cutting Shiroji off from completing his sentence. Looking just past Corey, he noticed Erika standing right behind him.

"Oh. There you are! And yeah, I agree we should only use our Usernames from here on out, unless we are in a private area anyway..." Shiroji agreed, opening up his HUD and accessing the world map as she asked about a game plan. "Well... I'm sure the fields would be the best place to look to find a couple low level creatures to fight..." He told everyone, showing his HUD to everyone so that they could all see the world map. 

"Meh... Just wanted to get used to the menu... nothing wrong with that..." Alex replied to his brother as everyone started to show up. Walking over to Shiroji, he couldn't help but keep wondering about where the log out function might be... Maybe they have installed an update and it's motion-activated now like the HUD... He considered waving his arms in different directions or using different poses and gestures, but decided against it since everyone was more focused on going after their first creature kills. Looking at the world map that Shiroji had displayed for everyone, he looked around for other villages and towns. From what he could tell, The Town of Beginnings was the only major settlement on the first floor, along with a couple of smaller areas like Horunka Village...

"Not much around on this floor to stop at as far as Safe Zones... I agree on the fields too... It's close enough to the Town of Beginnings in case we need a break..." He admitted, nodding his approval then turning to his brother.

"What do you think? Good enough place to start practicing?"

Good... seems like all of us are here now... and things seem to still be running smoothly... Guess we might not have to worry about our connection after all... Corey thought as he walked over to Blaster and started to observe the map. Where they had been discussing would, indeed, be a decent spot to start looking for encounters... however if SAO were to follow any similar pattern to any MMORPGs, the spawns wouldn't be that close to the town...

"I say we move a bit farther out... It is more likely that we will run into something to practice as we put more distance between us and the town..." He suggested, pointing to a spot that seemed to be, by the world map's scale of the first floor, about a half a mile north of where Blaster had originally suggested.

"Since there are four of us, we can easily take on a couple mob spawns before returning to town. We'll just have to ensure that we start returning to town when we start getting tired. Even though this is a game, I'm sure we can still get fatigued..."

Walking over to the rest of the group, Luquier glanced at the map as well when Alfred spoke up, mentioning that it would be more likely to encounter a spawn point for mobs if they traveled a bit farther out than what Blaster had originally suggested. That's about a mile out... It will probably take about twenty minutes to get there... She thought to herself as she pondered the pros and cons... On the plus side, they were sure to find something to fight, but on the downside, the farther out they moved, the more likely it would be that they would encounter a field boss, something that the group was likely not able to handle right way...

"I agree, but we should come up with a rotation for fighting, so this way at least one of us will be at full strength whenever we start returning. It would suck if we all got involved in a battle then all of a sudden, while we are weakened, get into another fight with something slightly stronger or get surrounded by multiple enemies at once..." She suggested, shifting her weight to her left foot and crossing her arms so that she was a bit more comfortable. In all honesty, she just wanted to get going so that they weren't just standing around.

"Yeah that does make a lot of sense..." Blaster agreed, accepting both Alfred's and Luquier's ideas. It would definitely be a lot easier on them if they took turns. It also meant that they could stay out there longer and train. "We should fight three at a time, then the one with the lowest Health at the end of the fight should stay back and recover. As far as the location, that shouldn't be a problem. We should start heading back before it gets dark, though... I'm sure the mobs will be stronger at night." Now that they had a set plan of attack, Blaster turned around and let the world map fade away. Without any hesitation, he began to walk towards the northern edge of the Town of Beginnings where their first journey awaited them. Looking back, he noticed that everyone was still standing around.

"Well... you guys coming? We should probably get started as soon as we can..." Blaster insisted as he continued to walk away from the group.

---

Starting now, We should roll the dice to determine how far we are from our destination. I will start it on my next turn