Inactive Users and Death

Well Safe area's are like towns and places where you cant attack anyone hints the name :P but Sleeping PK is pretty much what might happen if you "idle" for to long. Also, if it is an Open Party, Sleeping PK could happen but i figure it cant be instant as well, you can feel everything so im sure a sword in your gut might wake you up ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that going to work if they are inactive (assuming they haven't been logging onto the site). I would think it would have the same reaction as..

"Hey! Can i PK you to advance my story line?" "Um no.. go PK someone else."

Ok, so do we agree on that there is no PK'ing in Towns/Cities/Villages/Inns/Player Housing/Guild Areas?

Sleeping PK if they are in a field and there is another player there (Open Party of course) and after X-amount of time an a PM warning, they can be pk'ed?

If the player is in a safe area, they are safe from any form of termination and they will suffer a penalty such as no level bumps and maybe a slight level decrease.. I'm still not comfortable with the Level decrease on this one XD

I don't think lowering the level would be necessary, as being AFK for any amount of time already leaves your character behind everyone elses. And just because the RPer is AFK it doesn't mean their character wouldn't, in character, be living carefully. If someone's character is cautious to the point of paranoia and they go AFK for a couple months, then they come back to find out their character has been sleep PK'ed when they would have been sleeping only in those private entry room inns, it wouldn't make any sense!

Oh derp. Sorry.

I can imagine how staying out instead of in town, people could do it camping style. Peeps taking turns being on watch. A good time to prank others. *bricked*

I can see how tempting it would be to spend all non-group/questing time in towns. What are the limits on teleportation? Maybe that should be a topic for another thread?

Nope, Duals can be anywhere but you Cannot PK in a Safe Area, was in the Manga/Anime. Was the reason why Kirito and Asuna went hunting for the reason why people were dying in towns. When in actuality they weren't, they were just respawning because they lost there gear. I forget the Episode number but yea, Cant PK in a safe zone and so if you sleep there, you can still be challenge to a dual (Like in the series) but your dual will end after your health hits the yellow zone

lol, i don't usually argue a point unless i know I'm 100% right :p but yes, so we shall leave it as this then?

Safe Areas are:

Towns/Villages/cities/Player Homes/Guild HQ's/ and special places in fields

Pk-able areas are in any field

You can not Pk a player if it is a dual unless you take advantage of them outside of the safe area.

Sleep PK is acceptable but only if you are in a field

So are we good on this one? I think we have it as.

If in Safe Zone(Defined as a Town/City/Inn/Player House/Guild HQ)

~Player will remain alive but will gain no bonuses for lack in level.

~Player is to write up a general summery of what they did during that "Down Time"

If in Hostile Zone (Defined as a Field/Dungeon)

~Player is given 2 weeks to a month before they are dead

~Player must be out of all hostile zones to be protected by the safe zone

~Player may survive longer if he/she has someone willingly guarding their character