[SP-F1] The First Few Lessons are Free

Joseph starts wandering around the Town of Beginnings aimlessly, wondering about what to do next. He absent-mindedly walks into a few people on the way and he apologizes profusely. Other than that, nothing else is going on. He didn't have a job or anywhere to go yet and he was just bored. He didn't want to fight any monsters yet either, since they were dangerous at his level. Instead, he just roams the Town of Beginnings, waiting for an opportunity to actually begin. 

Joseph sighed, bored of just walking around and looking for something interesting to do. He decided to lay down under a tree, maybe nap for a bit. As he walked towards the park, he saw an old man sitting on a bench, staring off into the distance like he was. He figured he should talk to him, elders were usually wise. "Hey there, sir. What're you thinking about?" He asked. "Oh, nothing. I'm just thinking about potions I could make if I had materials." The man said. "Oh? Could I help?" Joseph asked the man, wanting to do something different. "Why, that would be wonderful! Zechariah by the way! And you are?" The man said with a bright smile. "Joseph, pleased to meet you, Zechariah." Joseph said with a polite smile.

Zechariah led Joseph to his home, where they could discuss further.

Zechariah started asking questions about Joseph's life and how he got to where he was now. Joseph happily obliged, not wanting to hide anything from the wise old man. "Well, I used to go to college before I was here and I was taking up Music and Entrepreneurship. It was challenging at times but I got through it pretty well, not the top of the class, but up there. If I worked a bit harder I probably could have, but why waste effort on something so futile and inconsequential. I also had a night shift singing in a bar, had loads of fun times there. Met a lot of friends and partied hard. Anyway, enough about me, how about you?" Joseph said with a polite smile,

Zackariah (spelled it right this time) smiled politely. "Well, not much. I lived here ever since, making potions and giving them to adventurers and travelers. However, I'm old now and I have trouble collecting the materials I need. These old bones aren't what they used to be." He said with a chuckle. "Ah! Here is my home. Shall we head inside, we may speak more there." He said with a smile. Joseph nodded and they entered inside his home.

Zackariah led him into his living room, holding out a seat for Joseph. Joseph sat, trying to be polite. Zackariah brought out tea and set up a set on a table next to them. "Would you like some tea?" Zackariah asked. "Oh, uh, sure. Anything would be lovely." Joseph said, accepting only because it was polite. Zackariah smiled and brought out a kettle of tea. Joseph took it and said his thanks before sipping it. It tasted pretty good, better than he expected. It was a pleasant surprise and he smiled brightly after drinking it. They had a casual talk and Joseph felt very happy, it was nice getting to know Zackariah. 

After a while, Joseph decided he had to do what he came here to do. "So, what do you need to make your potions?" Joseph asked, finishing his tea right after. "Well, I need a few common herbs and mushrooms in the forest, it's no problem to gather it for young people like you. Just half an hour away if I'm remembering right." Zackariah said. Joseph nodded, he stood up and held his rapier at his side. "Well. I'll be on my way then, be back in around an hour and a half hopefully." 

Joseph left the humble abode of Zackariah and went on his way. Not much happened as he passed by the same streets of the Town of Beginnings, a place he called home, at least, for the past few weeks. He was starting to get used to the scenery and settling in to the surroundings of this game. It feels a lot more natural to him now, sometimes he even forgets that he is in a game. That's why questions like what Zackariah asked are important, to remind him to escape this game. 

These thoughts took up his mind as he wandered off into the wild. Before noticing it, he lost sight of the town entirely and saw nothing but green hills. He saw plains filled with boars and bears, forests filled with insects, rivers filled with fish, and more. It was a breathtaking sight and Joseph was in awe. He then remembered his goal and he shook off this beautiful sight, though he won't forget it soon.

Edited by Joseph

Joseph started roaming around the open plains area, searching for any sign of the ehrbs and mushrooms that the old man was looking for. "Hmm, what did he need again? I'm pretty sure he needed some common river weed herb, maybe a little thornbrush herb. There were also black mushrooms that he needed, and a little bit of blue shrooms. Not to mention the mud seedling. God, I don't wanna do that one. Well, might as well start with the worst one. Mud seedling it is." He said with a sigh as he walked over to a mud puddle.

"Please, please be the only mud puddle I need to find. I really don't want to search for more mud puddles, they're just so gross and icky and UGH!" He said as he stuck his hand in the mud. He felt around, extremely grossed out and found a seedling. He pulled it out carefully and kept it in his inventory. He sighed then smiled and jumped in success, also to get out of the mud puddle. "One down, four to go."

ID:88255

LD:13

Edited by Joseph

"Alright, now, on to the next worst. Thorn brush herb." He said as he got out of the mud. He walked toward sthe forest area, not far off from the plains and made it there without too much effort. He searched around for a bush filled with thorns, as the name suggests. He stared at the sharp bush with hesitation as he didn't want to get pricked by a thorn, but what can you do.

"Come on Joshua, you can do it. Not much longer now and you can go back to the old man's home, have some tea, relax for a bit. You just need to get through this. It's just a sharp bush! What are you afraid of?" He said, psyching himself up. He reached into the bush and felt around. No thornbrush herb to be found. Surprisingly, no pain as well. "Oh right, there is no pain anymore, game rules. Almost forgot. Well, next bush it is." He said with a sigh.

ID:88269

LD:6

Joseph stood up and searched for the nearest thorny bush. He was calm now, remembering that they don't feel pain anymore, at least, not in this game. He rreached into the bush without a fuss and felt around. It felt like nothing was there. He was about to give up and go to another bush when he felt a little bulb in the dirt. He tugged on it a bit and found the thornbrush herb he was looking for.

Joseph smiled as he got it and put it in his inventory. "Alright! Two down, three to go. Huh, I wonder what the old man is gonna make. It must be important, at least I hope it is. I hope he didn't send me on errand duty. Though, I guess I wouldn't really mind." He said with a casual smile. He looked up at the bright sky and squinted. "It's a bright day today." He said as he slowly drifted into his own thoughts.

ID:88276

LD:11(success)